Author Topic: The Republican Party is Dead  (Read 48950 times)

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
Re: The Republican Party is Dead
« Reply #25 on: October 31, 2014, 12:32:46 PM »
You have claimed, repeatedly, that the Republican Party is dead. So now you're saying they're only dead during general election years?   ::)

And how do you explain Republicans holding a majority of governorships and state legislatures?  Is that a "midterm" thing too?

The Republican party is dead ideologically....it serves no purpose other than to say "no" to everything.....they have no major legislative achievements in the last few years that I can think of other than the Bush Prescription Drug bill which cost billions upon billions and was unfunded...Obama has pushed through so much major legislation.....The Repubs spent four years talking about Obama's birth certificate and doing nothing

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #26 on: October 31, 2014, 12:44:54 PM »
The GOP is dying.  Infighting is the only reason your party lost to the most beatable candidate in modern history.

As far as why they hold the majority of gov'ships and House, if Dems did better during the midterms that would not be the case.  This is common sense really.  I can see why you don't understand it.

I see.  So now it is "dying," instead of "dead."   ::)

Even though you have moved the goal posts, your contention still makes no sense.  If the GOP was "dying," it would never make gains.  It would not keep increasing its numbers at the state and national levels.  

And the midterm analysis does not apply to elections at the state level.  Those elections are staggered all over the place.  

Your contention would make much more sense if the numbers were flipped and the Democrat Party was in control of Congress, a majority of governorships, and a majority of state legislatures.  

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #27 on: October 31, 2014, 12:47:16 PM »
The Republican party is dead ideologically....it serves no purpose other than to say "no" to everything.....they have no major legislative achievements in the last few years that I can think of other than the Bush Prescription Drug bill which cost billions upon billions and was unfunded...Obama has pushed through so much major legislation.....The Repubs spent four years talking about Obama's birth certificate and doing nothing

And what successful achievements has the left brought? Almost everything they have passed has been done by executive order or behind the repubs back while on recess..(Obamacare, cough cough)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #28 on: October 31, 2014, 12:53:38 PM »

Holy smokes.  Dude.   :-\

I've said for years that the Democrat Party is intellectually bankrupt.  They have zero major legislative accomplishments.  Obamacare is an unmitigated disaster.  You should to talk to business people to see just much chaos it is causing.  And the shoe hasn't dropped for small businesses, because Obama keeps delaying the mandate till after elections.  He is doing that because costs are going to greatly increase.  

I can say some of the same things about the GOP.  They got nothing.  Wasted the last six years failing to come up with an alternative to Obamacare, failed to put forward plans to get us out of debt.  

But to say they spent four years talking about Obama's birth certificate is false.  It was a handful of Republicans and that issue isn't the reason why they don't have a leader a coherent vision.  

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #29 on: October 31, 2014, 12:57:05 PM »
the party out of power does better in the off-years. 

2006 was all dems.

If Cruz wins in 2016, it'll be dems doing wll in 2018. 

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: October 31, 2014, 01:00:40 PM »
And what successful achievements has the left brought? Almost everything they have passed has been done by executive order or behind the repubs back while on recess..(Obamacare, cough cough)

list his acomplishments for someone like you would be a waste of time....since you never acknowledge the truth anyway.....as for Obamacare being done behind the Republican's backs they were there to vote on it....

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: October 31, 2014, 01:05:14 PM »

Correct!

This is why I scratch my head when Repubs say "just wait til we win the senate, everything will change!"

They're unwilling to impeach, even though they'd have an assured win.
So they just want ot be able to rule both houses while obama does whatever the fck he wants :(

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #32 on: October 31, 2014, 01:09:39 PM »
list his acomplishments for someone like you would be a waste of time....since you never acknowledge the truth anyway.....as for Obamacare being done behind the Republican's backs they were there to vote on it....

African ball washing

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: October 31, 2014, 03:59:18 PM »
The GOP is dying.  Infighting is the only reason your party lost to the most beatable candidate in modern history.
nah its hard to beat someone who promises the majority of people shit while taking from others.

Entitlements are already over 70% of the budget and thanks to programs like the the last promise (Obamacare) will continue to grow at a good clip for the forseeable future.

The problem with the democrats platform is that it is extremely short sighted....sooner or later they wont be able to cut defense spending or tax enough to support all the promises they make during the campaigns.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: October 31, 2014, 07:30:22 PM »
nah its hard to beat someone who promises the majority of people shit while taking from others.

tony, you've always been honest and unafraid to say things that go against standard GOP party line.

If promising entitlements work so well...
If Lib prez keeps winning races...
If majority of americans back liberal positions on most issues...

At some point, do you admit that 50.1% of this country probably are liberal shitbags who are lazy and want their entitlements?   I've contended the problem isn't the media tricking people, isn't guilt or whatever else - it is that (like most of europe), the USA has probably moved to a spot where a little more than half of the country really are liberal.

Not saying they're correct.  Just saying repubs don't win by bashing media or whatver - they win by converting 5% of the population to adopting conservative value system.   Thoughts?

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: October 31, 2014, 07:59:34 PM »
tony, you've always been honest and unafraid to say things that go against standard GOP party line.

If promising entitlements work so well...
If Lib prez keeps winning races...
If majority of americans back liberal positions on most issues...

At some point, do you admit that 50.1% of this country probably are liberal shitbags who are lazy and want their entitlements?   I've contended the problem isn't the media tricking people, isn't guilt or whatever else - it is that (like most of europe), the USA has probably moved to a spot where a little more than half of the country really are liberal.

Not saying they're correct.  Just saying repubs don't win by bashing media or whatver - they win by converting 5% of the population to adopting conservative value system.   Thoughts?
no need for flattery my politically hermaphroditic friend....

Iono like its been said many times on here politics is a pendulum and sooner or later it will swing back to the right. Whether that swing is due to a majority of people realizing that simply taking from one to give to another wont work in the long run or a Greece like event is the question.

Fact of the matter is we simply cannot keep heading the way we are heading and sooner or later people will figure that out.

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
« Reply #36 on: October 31, 2014, 09:14:10 PM »
I see.  So now it is "dying," instead of "dead."   ::)

Even though you have moved the goal posts, your contention still makes no sense.  If the GOP was "dying," it would never make gains.  It would not keep increasing its numbers at the state and national levels.  

And the midterm analysis does not apply to elections at the state level.  Those elections are staggered all over the place.  

Your contention would make much more sense if the numbers were flipped and the Democrat Party was in control of Congress, a majority of governorships, and a majority of state legislatures.  

No.  You just want to fall back on your usual tactic of arguing semantics in an effort to make a point.  Which is irrelevant by now.  My statement was specifically about Dems and midterms.  You trying to talk about anything else just shows that you are either trying to deflect what I said or are too stupid to comprehend it.

::) "

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
« Reply #37 on: October 31, 2014, 09:17:49 PM »

Entitlements are already over 70% of the budget and thanks to programs like the the last promise (Obamacare) will continue to grow at a good clip for the forseeable future.

The problem with the democrats platform is that it is extremely short sighted....sooner or later they wont be able to cut defense spending or tax enough to support all the promises they make during the campaigns.

Shouldn't be too hard to beat someone that is an illegal occupant of the White House, wasn't born in the USA and is disqualified from holding office, has a failed health care system after him, crashed the economy, is destroying the country, supporting muslim terrorists, etc....

But yet the party rejected a conservative candidate and instead ran the most liberal one they had in Romney.    Yeah, that makes perfect sense and is a great argument, errrrr..... excuse for why Obama won a second term.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #38 on: October 31, 2014, 10:28:05 PM »

So what you're really saying is you can't say what his successful (meaning popular) policies are. Can you.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: October 31, 2014, 10:32:08 PM »
So what you're really saying is you can't say what his successful (meaning popular) policies are. Can you.

I dont think we should equate "successful" with "popular".

IMO, successful should mean "Good for the economy, growth, and prosperity of the USA".

You could give away soething random like "Free $1000 to everyone in USA who has ever been arrested" and it'd be WILDLY POPULAR, while crippling the US economy.   Popular yet NOT successful.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #40 on: October 31, 2014, 10:33:26 PM »
Shouldn't be too hard to beat someone that is an illegal occupant of the White House, wasn't born in the USA and is disqualified from holding office, has a failed health care system after him, crashed the economy, is destroying the country, supporting muslim terrorists, etc....

But yet the party rejected a conservative candidate and instead ran the most liberal one they had in Romney.    Yeah, that makes perfect sense and is a great argument, errrrr..... excuse for why Obama won a second term.

Only because Obama's handlers and the fuckwits in the lib media keep it from public. That guy doesn't have an American bone in his body and like 99.9% of libs, is about as patriotic.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #41 on: October 31, 2014, 10:38:27 PM »
I dont think we should equate "successful" with "popular".

IMO, successful should mean "Good for the economy, growth, and prosperity of the USA".

You could give away soething random like "Free $1000 to everyone in USA who has ever been arrested" and it'd be WILDLY POPULAR, while crippling the US economy.   Popular yet NOT successful.

You have to. Because libs like you equate passing a bill with success. It's only successful if it's popular. The majority of the American public didn't want obamacare (or almost anything else he sleezed his way through) yet he shoved it down are throats dispite it being utterly unpopular. Can't understand why libs think the way they do. Maybe you can tell me.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: October 31, 2014, 10:38:56 PM »
Only because Obama's handlers and the fuckwits in the lib media keep it from public.

FOX news did a whole lotta stories on the Birther issue.  And every time, you had hosts like Rush, Bill-O and Hannity refusing to agree with the birthers.

So either Rush/Hannity/OReillay are:
1) fuckwits that don't believe it, or
2) Obama supporters, keeping the story secret, or
3) so unpatriotic they didn't bother to research it

THIS is the problem.  They DO have the platform to inform 100% of Americans about the fake ass birth cert.  They've been shown TONS of items showing its' weak forgery nature (often, on the air, on their own shows).  And they're refusing to stand up and say "Ya know what, I think this dude is actually an illegal alien".

Can't blame obama handlers and fckwits... Unless you're willing to put Hannity, Rush, and Bill OReilly in that category too :(

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: October 31, 2014, 10:40:17 PM »
You have to. Because libs like you equate passing a bill with success. It's only successful if it's popular.

I just said I believe the opposite to be true:

And YOU were the one that said "successful = popular", right here:

So what you're really saying is you can't say what his successful (meaning popular) policies are.

???

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #44 on: October 31, 2014, 10:49:17 PM »
I just said I believe the opposite to be true:

And YOU were the one that said "successful = popular", right here:

???

You and liberals alike think a bill is a success just because it passes. What I'm saying is it NOT a success if the majority of the people don't want it.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: October 31, 2014, 10:51:40 PM »
Iono like its been said many times on here politics is a pendulum and sooner or later it will swing back to the right. Whether that swing is due to a majority of people realizing that simply taking from one to give to another wont work in the long run or a Greece like event is the question.

Wise words.  I said that in 2009:
Don't worry though.. .in 8 years, the pendulum will swing.  The upper middle class will be healthy again, and people will vote a repub in, in 2016 or 2020.  He'll hook up the rich like Reagan and Bush did, and the cycle will continue.

There were always the people who considered the pendulum theory to be ignorant:

ahhh yes the old pendulum theory which is simply ignorant...

And in the spirit of unity, I think you, me, and 80% of getbig would agree that:

Pendulum.  
Bush was going overboard spending to the benefit of the wealthy, then Obama went overboard spending for the poor.
Now we need a fiscal conservative to come in and slash the spending.  

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: October 31, 2014, 10:55:31 PM »
You and liberals alike think a bill is a success just because it passes. What I'm saying is it NOT a success if the majority of the people don't want it.

Wait, you just said I considered a bill to be "successful if it passes".  

Now, since I've proven that to be not the case, you've invented a new item you think I believe, that:

You and liberals alike think a bill is a success just because it passes.

Are you saying you no longer believe the 1st thing you said?  Cause this is something entirely new.

Anyway, before we go down that rabbit hole with a 3rd or 4th new position you invent for me, I think I should be very clear here:

I think a bill is "successful" by different standards, depending upon who is employing them.
In LIBERAL standards, a bill is successful if it furthers liberal goals and agenda.
Likewise, in CONSERVATIVE standards, a bill is successful if it furthers liberal goals and agenda.

Since BOTH of these groups believes their ideology/agenda/goals are good for the USA, I think this should clear things up quickly.  

"Popular" changes from week to week.  But "passes" remains successful, according to the group that wanted it.  I think we can find some common ground of agreement there.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #47 on: October 31, 2014, 11:02:01 PM »
Wait, you just said I considered a bill to be "successful if it passes".  

Now, since I've proven that to be not the case, you've invented a new item you think I believe, that:

Are you saying you no longer believe the 1st thing you said?  Cause this is something entirely new.

Anyway, before we go down that rabbit hole with a 3rd or 4th new position you invent for me, I think I should be very clear here:

I think a bill is "successful" by different standards, depending upon who is employing them.
In LIBERAL standards, a bill is successful if it furthers liberal goals and agenda.
Likewise, in CONSERVATIVE standards, a bill is successful if it furthers liberal goals and agenda.

Since BOTH of these groups believes their ideology/agenda/goals are good for the USA, I think this should clear things up quickly.  

"Popular" changes from week to week.  But "passes" remains successful, according to the group that wanted it.  I think we can find some common ground of agreement there.

Thats bullshit. If a bill passes by executive order because obama wants it and no one else does that's not a success. A bill is usually a success if the American people say it is not because Someone passes behind the backs of the people.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #48 on: October 31, 2014, 11:09:01 PM »
Thats bullshit. If a bill passes by executive order because obama wants it and no one else does that's not a success. A bill is usually a success if the American people say it is not because Someone passes behind the backs of the people.

By LIBERAL standards, any bill that obama passes IS A SUCCESS because it furthers their fcked up agenda.

Just as any conservative would consider executive orders that successfully did these things:
   --- ended obamacare 100%
   --- ended entitlements
   --- indicted obama for war crimes
to be A SUCCESS.

Bush gave us PLENTY of executive orders that we could consider to be SUCCESSES, such as better military independence, slashed pork spending, energy, enemy combatants, and more:
http://georgewbush-whitehouse.archives.gov/news/orders/

Even if "the american people" represented by Congress didn't agree with him.

Most, if not all of these bills were a SUCCESS because they made America stronger, and avoided the red tape, pork, addendums/ride-ons that destroy many good pieces of legislation.  Bush made the good stuff happen, even if it was unpopular, such as military commissions, enemy combatants, torture, etc. 

Don't you consider these Bush executive orders to be a SUCCESS, coach?

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #49 on: October 31, 2014, 11:12:50 PM »

Bottom line - In my own personal opinion, a bill is successful if it makes America stronger, and better.

Libs and Repubs agree - they just wear their own goggles saying what is better. 

We don't say it enough here on getbig, but we all love the USA... we just wear different kinds of goggles when looking at the things that should be done to make it better.