Author Topic: White Rice vs Bulgur  (Read 1008 times)

BossBoss

• Getbig III
  • part-time IFBB-Professional
White Rice vs Bulgur
« on: July 09, 2022, 12:03:59 AM »
Bodybuilder use white rice every time..i wonder why?
Bulgur is in many cases superior to white rice.

Bulgur gives you a realy good pump wich is in my opinion far superior to white rice..
Also you stay full for a long time..

Bulgur has more carbohydrates and is better than white rice for carb loading. Ok, i changed a few things thanks to flexacon..

i still think bulgur is better, white rice has slightly more corbohydrates but with bulgur you stay full far longer, that is just my personal experience. (maybe i am wrong, i don't know but) White rice gives you a realy short lasting peak..after that you get flat and full of water so why not use Bulgur instead? Personal Experience appreciated.

Bulgur is more healthy, white rice is almost death callories.
Bulgur is also better for digestion Discuss

Flexacon

• Getbig V
Re: White Rice vs Bulgur
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2022, 12:29:59 AM »

Bulgur gives you a realy good pump wich is in my opinion far superior to white rice..
Also you stay full for a long time..Bulgur has more carbohydrates and is better than white rice for carb loading.

It has also more callories than white rice so it's maybe not the best in a diet,
but for carb loading and bulking it is better.(in my opinion) It is also more healthy, white rice is almost death callories.
Bulgur is also better for digestion and you can eat less for the same carbohydrate intake. Discuss

I hope you won't take offence, but are you retarded?

You're comparing 100g uncooked/raw bulgur with 100g cooked white rice. How about comparing like for like?

Cooked white rice has more carbs than cooked bulgur. Bulgur is probably better for dieting and white rice bulking due to fibre content and satiety.

BossBoss

• Getbig III
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2022, 12:37:48 AM »
I hope you won't take offence, but are you retarded?

No, i do not, it's all good.

You're comparing 100g uncooked/raw bulgur with 100g cooked white rice. How about comparing like for like?

Ok, you are right, my bad :D (i will change the picture..i did not notice the cooked uncooked difference)

Cooked white rice has more carbs than cooked bulgur. Bulgur is probably better for dieting and white rice bulking due to fibre content and satiety.

Hmm, ok

Matt

• Getbig V
  • YouTube FitnessByMatt
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2022, 12:50:52 AM »
White Rice vs Bulgur

BossBoss, are you familiar with Whitey Bulger?

BossBoss

• Getbig III
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2022, 01:05:02 AM »
BossBoss, are you familiar with Whitey Bulger?

No, i was not familar with Whitey Bulger :D But i don't see the connection with White Rice or Bulgur right now  :(

Flexacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2022, 02:00:50 AM »

Also you stay full for a long time..Bulgur has more carbohydrates and is better than white rice for carb loading. Ok, i changed a few things thanks to flexacon.. i still think bulgur is better, white rice has slightly more corbohydrates but with bulgur you stay full far longer, that is just my personal experience. (maybe i am wrong, i don't know but) White rice gives you a realy short lasting peak..

"Also you stay full for a long time" This is good if you're dieting, but if you're bulking and want to eat more then this isn't ideal.

"Bulgur is more healthy" If you want to eat for health there are far better options (oats for example) The difference in nutrients between bulgur and rice is barely worth mentioning.

"Bulgur is also better for digestion" This would be very specific to the individual. Bulgur is wheat and people have varying degrees of intolerance to wheat. Wheat can be inflammatory and this isn't ideal for bodybuilding. Very few people have issues with white rice.

If Bulgur works better for you then carry on.

BossBoss

• Getbig III
« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2022, 02:13:39 AM »
"Also you stay full for a long time" This is good if you're dieting, but if you're bulking and want to eat more then this isn't ideal.

No, what i mean is: you have a better pump for longer..not in terms of satiety.

"Bulgur is more healthy" If you want to eat for health there are far better options (oats for example) The difference in nutrients between bulgur and rice is barely worth mentioning.

Ok

"Bulgur is also better for digestion" This would be very specific to the individual. Bulgur is wheat and people have varying degrees of intolerance to wheat. Wheat can be inflammatory and this isn't ideal for bodybuilding. Very few people have issues with white rice.

Ok, maybe it is a individual difference than, i can digest Bulgur far better than White Rice.

If Bulgur works better for you then carry on.

TY, Yes i will, i eat it every day and maybe it is a good alternative for some people.

joswift

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2022, 02:22:05 AM »

Also you stay full for a long time..

Bulgur has more carbohydrates and is better than white rice for carb loading. Ok, i changed a few things thanks to flexacon..

i still think bulgur is better, white rice has slightly more corbohydrates but with bulgur you stay full far longer, that is just my personal experience. (maybe i am wrong, i don't know but) White rice gives you a realy short lasting peak..after that you get flat and full of water so why not use Bulgur instead? Personal Experience appreciated.

Flexacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2022, 02:32:30 AM »
No, what i mean is: you have a better pump for longer..not in terms of satiety.

I see point. Well in theory as it has more fibre, it will digest and release energy slower so that could be why you're getting better/longer pumps.

It also depends if you're eating 3-4 meals a day or 6-8 meals a day and how long after eating you train.

If for example you train 2 hours after eating then bulgur would be a better option. If you train 30-40 mins after eating then white rice would be better.

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #9 on: July 09, 2022, 02:35:35 AM »
Fuck Rice.  ;D

IroNat

• Getbig V
  • The only constant in life is change. – Heraclitus
« Reply #10 on: July 09, 2022, 03:15:24 AM »