Author Topic: Have all those different divisions and qualifier shows ruined the Olympia ??  (Read 1015 times)

affeman

• Getbig V
  • Rusty Trombone looks like an abortion in a thong
Srsly, back in the days the Olympia had some sort of elitist aura to it like it was the clash of the best of the best once per year.

These days, I've heard for example that there are already more than 40 athletes qualified for the Classic Physique Olympia 2022, and it could be up to 70 (!! lol) considering all the Pro shows that are still coming up until December (I don't even wanna talk about other divisions like Bikini, Mens Physique etc.).

Is that a healthy development for the "sport" that they are handing out Pro Cards like candy, and there are 2 backyard "Olympia Qualifier"-Pro Shows at some one-horse town every single weekend? ???

Gym-Rat

• Getbig V
  • BRUTAL IF TRUE!!
The whole industry is now moronic, like most of the tool-bags in it.

Royalty

• Getbig V
  • Mentzer is Alive
Things are bad. Too many divisions

Men’s bodybuilding = oil

Ladies are on steroids in the Women’s Wellness division

The Scott

• Getbig V
  • I'm a victim of soicumcision!!
Once there is a new 112 Division for the MMO (Mister Midge Olympia) we'll know that the end is thankfully nigh.  Bodybuilding is "Tender"/Tinder for Schmoes.  It's nothing but a Schmoe 'n' Tell for pathetic, Imitation Of Life Size Queens in heat.

And the women are anything but female.   There should be a Mr. Olympia and that is it.  They should bring back titles with history instead of histeria.  Mr. America.  Mr. Universe, et al.

We'll probably get a new competition called "The CumDumpster Classic" or worse.  Bodybuilding audiences  used to be made up of family and girlfriends.  Now it's made up of weirdos, schmoes, trannies and idiots that "think" O'Hearn is "natural".

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
Yes. There should be no more than 12 guys in the Olympia.

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
YES
F

BB

• Getbig V
  • I hope I'm not boring you.
It's still the drugs. Drugs made bodybuilding, now drugs are killing it. Even before the "everybody gets a pro show" days, it was still dying slow. If anything all these new classes make sense from a business perspective and sustaining what is left of bodybuilding. Not sure what will fix it.

Perhaps it needs to mostly die, like Olympic Lifting did in the US, so people can rediscover it again after a few decades.

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee

illuminati

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • The Strongest Shall Survive.- - Lest we Forget.
The Quality of physiques is awful at The Mr Olympia
Far To many Pro cards Given out with Corn flakes packets
& the Ridiculous No. of classes has turned it into a Circus.

It's all about The Money & how much they can generate from
umpteen Classes & competitors.

At the 1OOmeters world championship final for men - It is just The Fastest Men
Not 72 other categories as well.
Like wise The World cup Final in Football Just the Best 2 teams, Not the women's, junior's , under 23s , over 50/ 60s, etc etc
Just The 1 game.

That's why such events are viewed with Such prestige.

joswift

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
The Quality of physiques is awful at The Mr Olympia
Far To many Pro cards Given out with Corn flakes packets
& the Ridiculous No. of classes has turned it into a Circus.

It's all about The Money & how much they can generate from
umpteen Classes & competitors.

At the 1OOmeters world championship final for men - It is just The Fastest Men
Not 72 other categories as well.
Like wise The World cup Final in Football Just the Best 2 teams, Not the women's, junior's , under 23s , over 50/ 60s, etc etc
Just The 1 game.

That's why such events are viewed with Such prestige.

you had to be a World Champion to enter the Olympia

An elite of the bodybuilding world

Tennisballz

• Getbig IV
  • You CANNOT be serious!
I’ve been saying it years.  There should be 2 divisions.  Mens bodybuilding and womens bikini.  The bodybuilding judging criteria should be golden era and the womens bikini should just be voted on by a panel of 100 men to find the best looking one which is the winner.  Simple and easy.

ProudVirgin69

• Getbig V
  • hardcore redneck electric champion
Absolutely, it ruined it.  Profit-seeking behavior taking place at the expense of the final product.  Those $250/year renewal fees are too enticing for the ifbb to forego

illuminati

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
you had to be a World Champion to enter the Olympia

An elite of the bodybuilding world

Yes or Mr Universe winner - Now Free Pro card with 5 packs of Twinkies
& an Olympia Invite if you Buy 10. !!  ::)

No wonder why the quality sucks & there's little to no interest in it.

joswift

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
Yes or Mr Universe winner - Now Free Pro card with 5 packs of Twinkies
& an Olympia Invite if you Buy 10. !!  ::)

No wonder why the quality sucks & there's little to no interest in it.
they had to stop calling it Mr Universe because NABBA forced Weiders to change it.
After they started testing properly at the worlds the NPC started giving pro cards to the Nationals winners because they couldnt pass a test

Bevo

• Getbig V
  • Middle Urinal at Buc-ee’s
“Athletes” hahaha

oldschoolfan

• Getbig V
i honestly beleive these clowns that own the olympia now, are not very rich and are trying to milk  the shows for every penny they can i never even heard of these assholes before . arnold  should have bought the olympia,

btw what happened to the rock and his big bb show, that kind of went dead.

illuminati

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
they had to stop calling it Mr Universe because NABBA forced Weiders to change it.
After they started testing properly at the worlds the NPC started giving pro cards to the Nationals winners because they couldnt pass a test

Correct - I remember when they had to stop calling it IFBB Mr Universe 
Can you imagine how upset & passed of old Ben & Joe would've been. 😂🤣😂🤣😂

joswift

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
i honestly beleive these clowns that own the olympia now, are not very rich and are trying to milk  the shows for every penny they can i never even heard of these assholes before . arnold  should have bought the olympia,

btw what happened to the rock and his big bb show, that kind of went dead.

2bros in the UK charges competitors £130 to enter each class, they go backstage between classes taking cash of competitors after talking them into entering another class because they didnt place in the class they came to enter

I got asked to go and be a judge, I turned it down because I dont want to be part of something  like that.

They wanted £70 for someone to go backstage and help you get ready as well

I dont think competitors should ever have to pay to enter a show

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
2bros in the UK charges competitors £130 to enter each class, they go backstage between classes taking cash of competitors after talking them into entering another class because they didnt place in the class they came to enter

I got asked to go and be a judge, I turned it down because I dont want to be part of something  like that.

Imagine the NFL making guys pay to play.

affeman

• Getbig V
  • Rusty Trombone looks like an abortion in a thong

They should be ashamed of themselves. I guess some promoters probably make more cash with the entry fees of the athletes than with ticket sales, that's why it's in their interest to blow up the shows up to 100 divisions starting 100 athletes each.

falco

• Getbig V

Been saying that since i competed in 2007. Competitors make the show.