Author Topic: Ab strain / cramps  (Read 1772 times)

Taffin

• Getbig V
  • Training out my gay penor...
Ab strain / cramps
« on: March 24, 2023, 12:51:22 PM »
For years now (probably too many) my main leg exercise is front squats - the Dave Draper, plates under the heel, crossed arm style.  I also genuinely can't remember the last time I used a weight belt, as I don't use anything more nowadays than 225 for lots (for me OFC) of reps - I still love that pump after all these years...

But about 10 days ago I just had to randomly cough on the way up, and I think I finally strained something(!)  Since then, the line between my top set of abs and the lower has felt sore.  So I did nothing (of course) until this morning, when I got into the back of a car and when I reached around to fasten my seatbelt I had WICKED cramps between my top abs and my rib cage - it was f*cking agonocious and I had to tell the driver there was nothing wrong while I nearly wept LOL

Now I'll confess to doing not much other than some crunches and knee-ups, so it's probably all my fault - but any advices?*

*Yes I've Googled, but f*ck Google as they want me to plank/do core yoga
T

IroNat

• Getbig V
  • The only constant in life is change. – Heraclitus
Re: Ab strain / cramps
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2023, 01:03:40 PM »
Got to lay off for awhile and heal.

That's it.

Taffin

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2023, 04:54:15 AM »
Got to lay off for awhile and heal.

That's it.

Thanks man - I think the Universe is trying to tell me something - yesterday I took the family for a walk around the lake we live by - feed the ducks, etc.

This dumb sh1t (me) decided to slip in the riverside mud and fall forwards, jarring my right wrist.  I haven't injured a joint in 20 years... sigh...

Oh well, couple of weeks off it is!
T

IroNat

• Getbig V
  • The only constant in life is change. – Heraclitus
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2023, 09:25:32 AM »
Thanks man - I think the Universe is trying to tell me something - yesterday I took the family for a walk around the lake we live by - feed the ducks, etc.

This dumb sh1t (me) decided to slip in the riverside mud and fall forwards, jarring my right wrist.  I haven't injured a joint in 20 years... sigh...

Get well, bro.

Taffin

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2023, 09:43:41 AM »
Get well, bro.

IronNat supportive
  ;)
T

The Scott

• Getbig V
  • I'm a victim of soicumcision!!
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2023, 03:34:00 PM »
Get better Taf!  And remember, leave the falling to experts...*AHEM*   ;D

Taffin

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2023, 04:55:56 PM »
Get better Taf!  And remember, leave the falling to experts...*AHEM*   ;D

;D

Thanks Scott - it's funny because I really tried to remember the last time I fell, and it would have been thousands of years ago when I played ice hockey - next time we go down the riverside, I'll be wearing something cleated!
T

Phantom Spunker

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
  • Ze/Zir
« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2023, 01:16:23 AM »

The image of this made me laugh out loud  :D. I can just picture you covered in shite and swearing your head off. When one of my mastiffs was a puppy, I took her to a duck pond and the same thing happened to me. Three stupid slags were standing around chatting shit to each other and I was looking the opposite way. My dog decided she wanted to run up to them and say hi, then set off at Mach 10.

The pulling force I had to endure would have stumped even Newton himself, and I ended up flying through the air then dragged through all the mud and crap. The three fat whores all started hysterically pissing themselves and I didn't even have a chance to say anything funny or self-depreciating to lessen the humiliation. I just had to turn around and limp away like a fucking loser as the sound of them laughing echoed through the trees. The verbal abuse I heaped upon my dog on the way back to the car was cosmic.

Taffin

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2023, 09:08:38 AM »
The image of this made me laugh out loud  :D. I can just picture you covered in shite and swearing your head off. When one of my mastiffs was a puppy, I took her to a duck pond and the same thing happened to me. Three stupid slags were standing around chatting shit to each other and I was looking the opposite way. My dog decided she wanted to run up to them and say hi, then set off at Mach 10.

The pulling force I had to endure would have stumped even Newton himself, and I ended up flying through the air then dragged through all the mud and crap. The three fat whores all started hysterically pissing themselves and I didn't even have a chance to say anything funny or self-depreciating to lessen the humiliation. I just had to turn around and limp away like a fucking loser as the sound of them laughing echoed through the trees. The verbal abuse I heaped upon my dog on the way back to the car was cosmic.

;D
T

jpm101

• Getbig IV
« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2023, 10:18:08 AM »
More to the left, right side or center of the abs themselves?  Was there a burning feeling with the cramp?  Different types of strains or even slight ruptures (usually discolored skin) can be an unexpected surprise. Even if doing the same workout and exercises for years.

Could be an inflamed area, that can happen to many experience lifters.   Nature will tell you to take a rest, 7 to 10 days usually. Still discomfort, than have it checked out.

Good Luck.
F

Taffin

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2023, 01:37:29 PM »
More to the left, right side or center of the abs themselves?  Was there a burning feeling with the cramp?  Different types of strains or even slight ruptures (usually discolored skin) can be an unexpected surprise. Even if doing the same workout and exercises for years.

Could be an inflamed area, that can happen to many experience lifters.   Nature will tell you to take a rest, 7 to 10 days usually. Still discomfort, than have it checked out.

Good Luck.

Thanks for the advice.  No discoloured skin or anything like that.  It feels exactly like a hot line in the separation between my top abs and the next row down (see red line on pic) - it's like I strained the whole thing across.  And the cramps can come either side, but that's between the top layer and the rib cage (blue line) - at funny random times too, like when I turn to put a seatbelt on in my friends car - BAM

It's got a bit better since my first post to be fair.  Although I'm due my annual old man check up in May, so I'll see if I can get an ultrasound or something

Thanks again 8)
T

illuminati

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • The Strongest Shall Survive.- - Lest we Forget.
« Reply #11 on: April 22, 2023, 01:46:10 PM »
For years now (probably too many) my main leg exercise is front squats - the Dave Draper, plates under the heel, crossed arm style.  I also genuinely can't remember the last time I used a weight belt, as I don't use anything more nowadays than 225 for lots (for me OFC) of reps - I still love that pump after all these years...

But about 10 days ago I just had to randomly cough on the way up, and I think I finally strained something(!)  Since then, the line between my top set of abs and the lower has felt sore.  So I did nothing (of course) until this morning, when I got into the back of a car and when I reached around to fasten my seatbelt I had WICKED cramps between my top abs and my rib cage - it was f*cking agonocious and I had to tell the driver there was nothing wrong while I nearly wept LOL

Now I'll confess to doing not much other than some crunches and knee-ups, so it's probably all my fault - but any advices?*

*Yes I've Googled, but f*ck Google as they want me to plank/do core yoga

Sounds like you've strained / possibly torn some of the muscle tissue -
definitely rest - I'd go with the Ice packs for 45mins & alternate with heat pack,
take a junior aspirin around 30 min before & upping all the vit's & minerals won't hurt
Plus plenty of Fluids.

Any Anabolics ??

Taffin

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: April 22, 2023, 03:53:16 PM »
Sounds like you've strained / possibly torn some of the muscle tissue -
definitely rest - I'd go with the Ice packs for 45mins & alternate with heat pack,
take a junior aspirin around 30 min before & upping all the vit's & minerals won't hurt
Plus plenty of Fluids.

Any Anabolics ??

Thanks man - no anabolics here (not even melatonin  ;D)

It's getting better now I think - but what stumped me was it being on the actual line between them rather than the muscles themselves - I was worried I'd initiated the early stages of some kind of hernia!!  Anyway, I've dropped most compound movements while I try to get better - gives me a good excuse to just do faffy pumping stuff for a while!

Cheers dude 8)
T

illuminati

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • The Strongest Shall Survive.- - Lest we Forget.
« Reply #13 on: April 23, 2023, 11:05:28 AM »
Thanks man - no anabolics here (not even melatonin  ;D)

It's getting better now I think - but what stumped me was it being on the actual line between them rather than the muscles themselves - I was worried I'd initiated the early stages of some kind of hernia!!  Anyway, I've dropped most compound movements while I try to get better - gives me a good excuse to just do faffy pumping stuff for a while!

Cheers dude 8)

If you'd of torn / herniated it they'd be some swelling & you could push the the stomach
lining back in through the gap in your abs.

Rest & do as I suggested maybe some Light Bianca bhanks type lifting
& you should be good to go in no Time.