Author Topic: Shot 68 times.  (Read 6213 times)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Shot 68 times.
« on: October 01, 2006, 11:07:31 AM »
MIAMI - A fugitive gunman accused of killing a Florida sheriff’s deputy was shot 68 times by SWAT team officers who found him hiding in the woods, according to autopsy results.

Police fired 110 shots at Angilo Freeland, 27, the target of a massive manhunt in central Florida following the shooting death of Polk County Sheriff’s Deputy Matt Williams Thursday.

“That’s all the bullets we had, or we would have shot him more,” Polk County Sheriff Grady Judd told the Orlando Sentinel newspaper.

Judd said Williams was “executed” after Freeland was pulled over in a routine traffic stop on Thursday. Another deputy was wounded and a police dog killed.

Williams, 39, was shot eight times—one bullet fired at close range behind the deputy’s right ear and another in his right temple, according to autopsy results released on Saturday by the sheriff’s office.

Sheriff’s officials said SWAT team members found Freeland on Friday hiding under a fallen oak tree in a wooded area near where the deputies were shot, and began firing when they saw a gun in his hand.

Now I can uderstand how they are angry because a fellow officer was killed. But Police are trained to shoot to stop the action not shoot to kill. The Sherriffs comments just worried me about the type of world we are heading into.

Butterbean

• Getbig V
Re: Shot 68 times.
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2006, 11:34:33 AM »
Maybe there were 110 cops and they all shot once

Maybe there were 55 cops and they all shot twice

Maybe there were.......
R

body88

« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2006, 11:47:48 AM »
Maybe this scumbag  executed a cop and the swat team pumped him full of a little extra lead for the sheriffs kids. One can hope so!

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2006, 12:12:56 PM »
I agree.  If he killed, he should face justice.  And he looks very guilty.

But the verrrrry first msnbc report, when they were still kicking the body, was a cop telling the camera that he had one hand up to surrender, and his other hand wasn't yet visible, so they shot.  And you KNOW that the very first people interviewed- the folks who were there - always tell the truth up front. It's later, when everyone adopts the official story, that stories change.

On the off-chance that he WAS trying to surrender, shooting him 68 times wasn't exactly legal.  Morally wrong? I doubt it. But if you don't keep an eye on extreme polie executions, they may become more and more commonplace.

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2006, 12:49:10 PM »
Who cares how many times they shot him?  Just another piece of road trash dead.

brianX

• Getbig IV
  • Kiwiol has 13" arms!
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2006, 01:00:20 PM »
Maybe it took 68 shots to kill him?
hahahahahahahahahahahaha

ozman

• Getbig IV
« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2006, 01:01:21 PM »
“That’s all the bullets we had, or we would have shot him more,” Polk County Sheriff Grady Judd told the Orlando Sentinel newspaper.

fair dinkum

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2006, 01:11:21 PM »
Who cares how many times they shot him?  Just another piece of road trash dead.

Point is, once the police have permission to empty all of their guns into bad guys, we have a pretty big problem.   Wouldn't you agree?

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2006, 01:22:08 PM »
Point is, once the police have permission to empty all of their guns into bad guys, we have a pretty big problem.   Wouldn't you agree?

Not at all.  The guy had shot two cops and killed one.  I don't care if they called in an airstrike on him. 

body88

« Reply #9 on: October 01, 2006, 01:23:24 PM »

No. Your conspiracy theories are effecting your thinking my friend. Everything is a conspiracy or inside job to you these days. If this guy was a suspected killer with no evidence to prove his guilt you would have a point. Other than that I dont really see the beef.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: October 01, 2006, 01:27:01 PM »
legally, if he put his hands up to surrender and was executed, those cops would be charged with murder.

Or course, that prick deserved it...

But in America you cannot execute people on the spot.  Completely undermines our judicial system.  Why?  Cause it's a slippery slope.   

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: October 01, 2006, 01:31:41 PM »
legally, if he put his hands up to surrender and was executed, those cops would be charged with murder.

But in America you cannot execute people on the spot.  Completely undermines our judicial system.  Why?  Cause it's a slippery slope.   

The report I heard, right after it happened, was that he held only one hand up, the cops told him to show the other one and a cop noticed he had a gun in it as the reason he wasn't showing it, so they opened fire and one piece of trash is dead.  Saves the taxpayers a boat load of money and justice was done.  Next topic...

Butterbean

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: October 01, 2006, 01:33:23 PM »
and began firing when they saw a gun in his hand.

R

body88

« Reply #13 on: October 01, 2006, 01:58:16 PM »

Well technically you are correct.

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
  • Mel Gibson and Bob Sly World Domination
« Reply #14 on: October 01, 2006, 03:03:20 PM »
The glocks that the cops use should be revoked. Those guns allow the cops to be trigger friendly consider the fact that they can hold 31 rounds per magazine. Most NYPD cops use these glocks and does anyone remember Ahmado Dialo? Look him up.

scooter

• Getbig III
  • the fvckin priest deserved to die
« Reply #15 on: October 01, 2006, 04:06:23 PM »
ah who cares he killed a cop and deserved it I think so would it have been better if they had shot him twice in the head? It would be the same either way dead is dead no matter how many times they shot him

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #16 on: October 01, 2006, 04:16:10 PM »

Williams, 39, was shot eight times—one bullet fired at close range behind the deputy’s right ear and another in his right temple, according to autopsy results released on Saturday by the sheriff’s office.

I'm trying to feel sorry for the perp, but cannot.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: October 01, 2006, 04:18:40 PM »
The glocks that the cops use should be revoked. Those guns allow the cops to be trigger friendly consider the fact that they can hold 31 rounds per magazine. Most NYPD cops use these glocks and does anyone remember Ahmado Dialo? Look him up.

Amadou Diallo is nothing like this situation.  Diallo was unarmed, committed no crime, and was shot in front of his front door by plain clothes officers.  I believe was shot 41 times (or something like that).  Now THAT was an execution. 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: October 01, 2006, 04:25:58 PM »

most cops carry glocks, with the LEO mags that hold 15 for the 9mm, 13 for the .40 cal and the .45.

Most cops do not use the 31-round stick, as they are obnoxiously impractical and make it very hard to unholster the weapon.

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
  • Mel Gibson and Bob Sly World Domination
« Reply #19 on: October 01, 2006, 04:44:29 PM »
Amadou Diallo is nothing like this situation.  Diallo was unarmed, committed no crime, and was shot in front of his front door by plain clothes officers.  I believe was shot 41 times (or something like that).  Now THAT was an execution. 

I was using him as an example of police being trigger friendly. Is there a reason to shoot an unarmed man 40+ times when he posed absolutely no threat.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: October 01, 2006, 04:58:16 PM »
I'm trying to feel sorry for the perp, but cannot.

I could care less about the perp - it's the integrity of the law that I worry about.

Today they kill a guy they know killed their man. 
Tomorrow, who knows, they kill a guy they know killed their man, and maybe the guy who was with him.
Next week, maybe they cap a guy who beat a guy half to death.
Next month, hey, maybe a less violent guy.

You see where i'm going with this - they can't execute a guy they know is 100% guilty.  Because people (cops) make mistakes.  On the 1 in a million chance there happened to be a homeless guy with dreads who was sleeping in those woods, and he was groggy and didn't understand the police and happened to have a legally concealed weapon with him.

The point is, you can't cap the cop killer.  The law separates police from legislative/punishment functions, for very good reason.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: October 01, 2006, 05:59:33 PM »
I was using him as an example of police being trigger friendly. Is there a reason to shoot an unarmed man 40+ times when he posed absolutely no threat.

None.  They rushed him and allegedly identified themselves as cops.  The poor guy probably thought he was about to be mugged.  When he tried to hand them his wallet one of the officers yelled "gun!" and they opened fire.  Tragic case.  I followed that case.  It was an execution. 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: October 01, 2006, 06:01:56 PM »
I could care less about the perp - it's the integrity of the law that I worry about.

Today they kill a guy they know killed their man. 
Tomorrow, who knows, they kill a guy they know killed their man, and maybe the guy who was with him.
Next week, maybe they cap a guy who beat a guy half to death.
Next month, hey, maybe a less violent guy.

You see where i'm going with this - they can't execute a guy they know is 100% guilty.  Because people (cops) make mistakes.  On the 1 in a million chance there happened to be a homeless guy with dreads who was sleeping in those woods, and he was groggy and didn't understand the police and happened to have a legally concealed weapon with him.

The point is, you can't cap the cop killer.  The law separates police from legislative/punishment functions, for very good reason.

I don't believe the cops should be vigilantes either.  I don't have an opinion about whether there was an appropriate use of force, because I don't know what happened.  I'm only saying I cannot feel sorry for a guy who executed a cop. 

If the cops used excessive force, they should be punished. 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: October 02, 2006, 02:07:04 PM »
This is why:

Friend Says 2 Officers Shocked Man For Minute

POSTED: 10:37 am EDT October 1, 2006
UPDATED: 12:24 pm EDT October 2, 2006

MADISON TOWNSHIP, Ohio -- Madison Township police in Lake County suspended their use of Taser guns after a man died Friday.

Joseph Kinney, 36, died after officers shocked him with Taser guns several times, police said.

Police were called after receiving reports that Kinney was causing a disturbance and was allegedly on drugs. He had a criminal history in the township, police said.

When officers approached, police said Kinney fought the officers even after being shocked by the Taser gun.

Officials said Kinney continued to struggle until he became unresponsive. He was pronounced dead at Geneva Memorial Hospital at about 10 p.m.

Kinney's friend said two officers shocked him for more than a minute.

"When the guy's on the ground, you could have cuffed him. They could have used pepper spray. They could have done a number of things, but to use these lethal weapons in a manner like that," said Matthew Webb.

He said the officers should be suspended and investigated.

The autopsy is done but the cause of death is pending on the toxicology report.

Police officers were given Taser guns less than a month ago. The assistant police chief said the department has suspended using them until they can be sure they are working properly.

The Lake County Sheriff's Office will investigate the death.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: October 02, 2006, 02:11:56 PM »
This is why:

Friend Says 2 Officers Shocked Man For Minute

POSTED: 10:37 am EDT October 1, 2006
UPDATED: 12:24 pm EDT October 2, 2006

MADISON TOWNSHIP, Ohio -- Madison Township police in Lake County suspended their use of Taser guns after a man died Friday.

Joseph Kinney, 36, died after officers shocked him with Taser guns several times, police said.

Police were called after receiving reports that Kinney was causing a disturbance and was allegedly on drugs. He had a criminal history in the township, police said.

When officers approached, police said Kinney fought the officers even after being shocked by the Taser gun.

Officials said Kinney continued to struggle until he became unresponsive. He was pronounced dead at Geneva Memorial Hospital at about 10 p.m.

Kinney's friend said two officers shocked him for more than a minute.

"When the guy's on the ground, you could have cuffed him. They could have used pepper spray. They could have done a number of things, but to use these lethal weapons in a manner like that," said Matthew Webb.

He said the officers should be suspended and investigated.

The autopsy is done but the cause of death is pending on the toxicology report.

Police officers were given Taser guns less than a month ago. The assistant police chief said the department has suspended using them until they can be sure they are working properly.

The Lake County Sheriff's Office will investigate the death.

And what's the problem here?