Author Topic: Shot 68 times.  (Read 6214 times)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Re: Shot 68 times.
« Reply #25 on: October 02, 2006, 02:15:09 PM »
And what's the problem here?

A man was tazered for a minute straight and died.

This week we had a man shot 68 times, and a man tazered to death.

Isolated, these fall under the 'shit happens' clause.

But if every week was like this, would you feel comfortable?  Worse yet, if the trend continues, and it's 4 the next week, 6 the next week...

Point is, it's excessive.  A man's heart cannot take 60+ seconds of tazer action.  SHOuld have shot him 68 times. Would have been more humane.

ToxicAvenger

• Getbig V
  • I thawt I taw a twat!
« Reply #26 on: October 02, 2006, 02:38:25 PM »
MIAMI - A fugitive gunman accused of killing a Florida sheriff’s deputy was shot 68 times by SWAT team officers who found him hiding in the woods, according to autopsy results.

Police fired 110 shots at Angilo Freeland, 27, the target of a massive manhunt in central Florida following the shooting death of Polk County Sheriff’s Deputy Matt Williams Thursday.

“That’s all the bullets we had, or we would have shot him more,” Polk County Sheriff Grady Judd told the Orlando Sentinel newspaper.

Judd said Williams was “executed” after Freeland was pulled over in a routine traffic stop on Thursday. Another deputy was wounded and a police dog killed.

Williams, 39, was shot eight times—one bullet fired at close range behind the deputy’s right ear and another in his right temple, according to autopsy results released on Saturday by the sheriff’s office.

Sheriff’s officials said SWAT team members found Freeland on Friday hiding under a fallen oak tree in a wooded area near where the deputies were shot, and began firing when they saw a gun in his hand.

Now I can uderstand how they are angry because a fellow officer was killed. But Police are trained to shoot to stop the action not shoot to kill. The Sherriffs comments just worried me about the type of world we are heading into.

heyyy for once the law and juitice went hand in hand....

toxic approves! 8)

ya killsome...no if and or buts...you die...possibly in the same manner...
carpe` vaginum!

K-1

• Getbig IV
  • TEAM NO MERCY!!!
« Reply #27 on: October 02, 2006, 02:47:38 PM »
As soon as I heard about this story, I was like "yep, he is dead!"  ;D

Man..... people need to stop f*cking around with cops nowadays man. They already get sh*tted on by everybody man.....the judicial system, civilians, their captains, city...etc,etc.

Last thing they need is to get shot at, let alone killed over a traffic stop.  ;)

..and you just can't shoot a man's dog. c'mon man.

funny thing was that hog nancy grace was like "can anybody explain to me why he shot the dog?" LMFAO....oh no he MUST to die now....HE SHOT THE DAMN DOG MAN! ;D

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: October 02, 2006, 02:50:48 PM »
true, but what's the difference between gunning down a cop and gunning down a 60-year old unarmed mail lady?  Both are serving our needs.  Would we execute a guy who killed the maillady?

ToxicAvenger

• Getbig V
  • I thawt I taw a twat!
« Reply #29 on: October 02, 2006, 02:55:30 PM »
true, but what's the difference between gunning down a cop and gunning down a 60-year old unarmed mail lady?  Both are serving our needs.  Would we execute a guy who killed the maillady?

YES...you kill  a woman..u r dead....asap...
carpe` vaginum!

K-1

• Getbig IV
  • TEAM NO MERCY!!!
« Reply #30 on: October 02, 2006, 02:58:52 PM »

I don't think the cops would, but that mail ladies relatives might.

It's not good or bad, but these cops are like a family to each other, so they want to get even just like everybody else would. Sad part is they might only get suspended or put on admin duty for awhile....meanwhile a relative with the same eye for and eye approach will get 25-life or something. ;D

Sucks....I just try NOT to shoot at cops to decrease the odds of me getting 68 different tattoos in seconds. LOL  ;D

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: October 02, 2006, 04:09:50 PM »
i wanna be clear, i'm not defending the POS who fired at cops.  He belongs in a pine box.

But the manner in which they shot him 'until they were out of bullets', not 'until he was no longer a threat', worried me.

Then, today's news of a guy getting tazered to his death.  How much of a threat doese a man on the ground pissing himself present, after 30 second of being tazered?  Why is the add'l 30+ seconds necessary? lol...

Yes, the man deserved to die for shooting a cop.  Did this guy deseve to die for being a drug addict?  I just don't want to see a world where cops are routinely kicking the shit out of ppl on the curb for speeding, ya know? slippery slope and all...

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #32 on: October 02, 2006, 04:58:30 PM »

This week we had a man shot 68 times, and a man tazered to death.

Isolated, these fall under the 'shit happens' clause.

But if every week was like this, would you feel comfortable?  Worse yet, if the trend continues, and it's 4 the next week, 6 the next week...

Point is, it's excessive.  A man's heart cannot take 60+ seconds of tazer action.  SHOuld have shot him 68 times. Would have been more humane.

How do you know it was excessive?  Maybe you have more information about both situations, but I haven't read enough to conclude one way or the other whether or not there was an appropriate use of force.  Maybe the use of force guidelines permit 60+ seconds of tazer action? 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: October 02, 2006, 05:06:04 PM »
How do you know it was excessive?  Maybe you have more information about both situations, but I haven't read enough to conclude one way or the other whether or not there was an appropriate use of force.  Maybe the use of force guidelines permit 60+ seconds of tazer action? 

I'm just pointing it out.  It sounds excessive to me.  I guess we'll see if these 2 deaths are isolated, or if this trend catches on.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: October 02, 2006, 07:42:47 PM »
I'm just pointing it out.  It sounds excessive to me.  I guess we'll see if these 2 deaths are isolated, or if this trend catches on.

What trend?  If the use of force was justified, then I hope that trend continues.  If it wasn't, the officers need to be punished. 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: October 02, 2006, 07:45:36 PM »
What trend?  If the use of force was justified, then I hope that trend continues.  If it wasn't, the officers need to be punished. 

One unarmed man being killed by Tazer is enough of a trend for me.

They didn't hit his legs, they didn't mace him.  They sent thousand of volts into his body for 60+ seconds until he stopped breathing, then they tried to resucitate his ass and could not.

That's piss-poor police work.  And if you say it's okay once, then you can never say a word when this particular officer happens to electrocute 50 people in the next year. See what I mean? 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: October 02, 2006, 07:50:54 PM »
One unarmed man being killed by Tazer is enough of a trend for me.

They didn't hit his legs, they didn't mace him.  They sent thousand of volts into his body for 60+ seconds until he stopped breathing, then they tried to resucitate his ass and could not.

That's piss-poor police work.  And if you say it's okay once, then you can never say a word when this particular officer happens to electrocute 50 people in the next year. See what I mean? 

No.  If the guy was a threat and the use of force guidelines allowed the officers to taser him, and they followed those guidelines, then that's okay with me.  Officers don't have to mace a guy if they believe a taser is more appropriate.  I don't have enough information.  I'll wait for more facts to come out before I say it was "piss-poor police work."     

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: October 02, 2006, 07:57:48 PM »
I'm not calling for an investigation or anything - i'm just hoping that people will take notice and follow the topic.  Since police are able to self-investigate, report their own crime scenes, etc, it's very easy to skew facts.

The Taser training manual says that 1.5 seconds is a standard 'hit' and that anything beyond 5 straight seconds is pushing it.

60+ straight seconds of shocking a man?  holy shit...

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: October 02, 2006, 08:05:49 PM »
I'm not calling for an investigation or anything - i'm just hoping that people will take notice and follow the topic.  Since police are able to self-investigate, report their own crime scenes, etc, it's very easy to skew facts.

The Taser training manual says that 1.5 seconds is a standard 'hit' and that anything beyond 5 straight seconds is pushing it.

60+ straight seconds of shocking a man?  holy shit...

You don't have to call for an investigation, because there will automatically be one.  I'll be jumping up and down too if it turns out there was excessive force.  I'm a big time supporter of law enforcement, but I support weeding out bad apples just as much as I support the overwhelming majority of good law enforcement officers. 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: October 02, 2006, 08:09:03 PM »
You don't have to call for an investigation, because there will automatically be one.  I'll be jumping up and down too if it turns out there was excessive force.  I'm a big time supporter of law enforcement, but I support weeding out bad apples just as much as I support the overwhelming majority of good law enforcement officers. 

So we agree on that.

Two other points of contention:

1) Bella Donna is one hot skank.
2) 911 was an inside job.

Agree or disagree?

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: October 02, 2006, 08:12:22 PM »
So we agree on that.

Two other points of contention:

1) Bella Donna is one hot skank.
2) 911 was an inside job.

Agree or disagree?

lol.   ;D

1)  No.
2)  No.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: October 02, 2006, 11:39:47 PM »

Where did you hear that?  The story doesn't say this. 

Bigger Business

• Getbig V
  • FKN Gym Wear
« Reply #42 on: October 03, 2006, 06:37:09 AM »
where did the other 42 bullets go?

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: October 03, 2006, 06:40:19 AM »
into the great wide open

Bigger Business

• Getbig V
  • FKN Gym Wear
« Reply #44 on: October 03, 2006, 06:41:59 AM »
Hey you want that vote thread?

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: October 03, 2006, 06:42:47 AM »
sure@@

Politics & War

:)

Migs

• Getbig V
  • THERE WAS A FIRE FIGHT!!!!
« Reply #46 on: October 03, 2006, 06:46:39 AM »
hey bad guys die, tough shit.  kill em all.  If i were to shot someone i would shot to kill.  Cops should be able to do the same.  So he got shot 68 times.  only a couple would have hurt!

buffbodz

• Getbig V
  • It's only a board
« Reply #47 on: October 03, 2006, 11:30:52 AM »
Point is, once the police have permission to empty all of their guns into bad guys, we have a pretty big problem.   Wouldn't you agree?
Point I get is don't kill a cop.  If you do.  Get to the FBI ASAP with a laywer.
6 meals lift heavy and 1/2 hr cardio

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #48 on: October 03, 2006, 11:40:38 AM »
I agree the guy should face the death penalty, and I'm in no way defending his actions.

And maybe they were justified in shooting until he was no longer a threat.

Just sounds like they fired rounds after the man was dead, after he no longer posed a threat.  If he dropped the gun after being hit once, they are legally no longer allowed to shoot. 

JOHN MATRIX

• Getbig V
  • the Media is the Problem
« Reply #49 on: October 03, 2006, 12:11:12 PM »
Maybe it took 68 shots to kill him?
ROFL