Author Topic: Way to go African Americans.... Katrina may have bit Bush in the ass...  (Read 13047 times)

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
Reported today on Democracy Now the black vote was way up in three battleground states: Missouri, Virgina and Rhode Island.  Good Job Guys!!! 

Colossus_500

• Getbig IV
  • Psalm 139
Re: Way to go African Americans.... Katrina may have bit Bush in the ass...
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2006, 08:39:50 AM »
Reported today on Democracy Now the black vote was way up in three battleground states: Missouri, Virgina and Rhode Island.  Good Job Guys!!! 
The black vote is up because of the gay marriage ban.  I promise you that.  You'll see a HUGE difference in 2008 as to which way these folks voted.  It won't automatically go to the Democratic party.  I guarantee it, bro!

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Time-Out in Dubai, India with Swampi the Cocksmith
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2006, 08:45:12 AM »
The black vote is up because of the gay marriage ban. 

The blacks don't care about gay marriage. They care about their government handouts, their affirmitive action, and their ability to cry "racism" and sue anytime they don't get their way.

Of course they're gonna vote Democrat.
Ron: "I am lazy."

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2006, 08:46:18 AM »
The blacks don't care about gay marriage. They care about their government handouts, their affirmitive action, and their ability to cry "racism" and sue anytime they don't get their way.

You wouldn't be from Indiana would you? 

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2006, 08:49:52 AM »
The black vote is up because of the gay marriage ban.  I promise you that.  You'll see a HUGE difference in 2008 as to which way these folks voted.  It won't automatically go to the Democratic party.  I guarantee it, bro!
There's a lot of black men wanting to get married? I actually didn't know that... I think Katrina had a lot to do with this year's black vote being up.  Blacks overwhelming voted dem.  The approval rating of Bush dropped to an all time low among blacks after Katrina... A lot of pissed off people and for good reason.  without that black vote being way up, 3 senate seats probably would have gone to the republican.  Blacks have been stepped on enough, when they come together and get it done, they deserve recognition...

Colossus_500

• Getbig IV
  • Psalm 139
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2006, 08:50:20 AM »

Make sure you take a look at the breakdown of votes when the exit polls are finally released.  Pay specific attention to the marriage amendment.  

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2006, 08:51:14 AM »
You wouldn't be from Indiana would you? 

I'm from Pennsylvania.  I currently live in Houston.  Why the hell would anyone live in Indiana?

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2006, 08:52:12 AM »
I'm from Pennsylvania.  I currently live in Houston.  Why the hell would anyone live in Indiana?

Birthplace of the Klan.  You should buy property. 

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: November 10, 2006, 09:13:04 AM »
Birthplace of the Klan.  You should buy property. 

Oh, like what I said was really waaaaaay off the mark.  ::)

Mr. Intenseone

« Reply #9 on: November 10, 2006, 09:29:58 AM »
I think Katrina had a lot to do with this year's black vote being up.  Blacks overwhelming voted dem.  The approval rating of Bush dropped to an all time low among blacks after Katrina... A lot of pissed off people and for good reason.  without that black vote being way up, 3 senate seats probably would have gone to the republican.  Blacks have been stepped on enough, when they come together and get it done, they deserve recognition...

Thats crap, all this does is show the hatred for Bush and to prove it they re-elected Ray Nagin and Black mayor in a black part of the country, he's the one who really screwed up New Orleans!

luike101

• Getbig II
« Reply #10 on: November 10, 2006, 10:12:26 AM »
Tupac fans they always said he was a profit.  Listen to his albums from 95-96 he is talking about the crooked ass things in this country.  Damn i miss that dude.  Real Shit!

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: November 10, 2006, 10:15:46 AM »
Thats crap, all this does is show the hatred for Bush and to prove it they re-elected Ray Nagin and Black mayor in a black part of the country, he's the one who really screwed up New Orleans!

You forgot your nuke ;D

Mr. Intenseone

Colossus_500

• Getbig IV
  • Psalm 139
« Reply #13 on: November 10, 2006, 10:38:41 AM »
There's a lot of black men wanting to get married? I actually didn't know that... I think Katrina had a lot to do with this year's black vote being up.  Blacks overwhelming voted dem.  The approval rating of Bush dropped to an all time low among blacks after Katrina... A lot of pissed off people and for good reason.  without that black vote being way up, 3 senate seats probably would have gone to the republican.  Blacks have been stepped on enough, when they come together and get it done, they deserve recognition...
No, actually, I think you'll see the number of Republican votes go up higher for blacks.  Not high, but a trend will show blacks are voting more conservative.  Blacks got out to vote AGAINST gay marriage.  This isn't a civil rights issue as those who are for gay marriage are trying to depict.  And the results will show that. 

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: November 10, 2006, 10:49:19 AM »
No, actually, I think you'll see the number of Republican votes go up higher for blacks.  Not high, but a trend will show blacks are voting more conservative.  Blacks got out to vote AGAINST gay marriage.  This isn't a civil rights issue as those who are for gay marriage are trying to depict.  And the results will show that. 
Oh that may be but that has nothing to do with who they voted for office wise... The exit polling shows they voted overwhelmingly Dem.  If they voted against gay marriage, that's what it is.  Possibly a big mistake by rove because that wedge issue championed by Rove but there is no reason a person wouldn't walk into the booth and vote for defining marriage between a man and a woman then check mark the dem for office... So in this case, it could be Rove helped get out the black vote... LOL the irony....  In the end, the black vote most definitely did not go up for republicans...  It just didn't happen.

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: November 10, 2006, 10:58:34 AM »
Oh that may be but that has nothing to do with who they voted for office wise... The exit polling shows they voted overwhelmingly Dem.  If they voted against gay marriage, that's what it is.  Possibly a big mistake by rove because that wedge issue championed by Rove but there is no reason a person wouldn't walk into the booth and vote for defining marriage between a man and a woman then check mark the dem for office... So in this case, it could be Rove helped get out the black vote... LOL the irony....  In the end, the black vote most definitely did not go up for republicans...  It just didn't happen.

Exactly.  People vote their pocketbook, or on issues that affect them directly, which is really the point I was making above.  People may be overwhelmingly against gay marriage when asked in a poll "Do you support or oppose gay marriage", but very few are actually going to swing their vote over the issue, because it just doesn't effect them. 

buffbodz

• Getbig V
  • It's only a board
« Reply #16 on: November 10, 2006, 12:35:34 PM »

I think it has something to do with the war.  Their farthers probably fought in Viet Nam and talk of bringing back the draft means blacks are the first to go.  With a democrate house and senate, I don't think we'll be in Iraq as long as if we had it the other way and a draft was on the back burner.
6 meals lift heavy and 1/2 hr cardio

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #17 on: November 10, 2006, 12:38:16 PM »
Nagin didn't evacuate enough people, so she shares blame.

But once the levees broke, it became such a mess that any local political govt was underwater.  The fed govt, FEMA and the WH should have moved faster.  You had WalMart getting trucks of merchandise to replenish their stores faster than Brownie could pick out a tie to wear to the press conference to announce he was getting a task force together. 

I don't think it was a race thing, it was a priority thing based upon income.  They would have let a very poor white region suffer just as much.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: November 10, 2006, 12:47:09 PM »
for intenseone... I think ray is a bit of a red herring here... was he to blame, sure, was he entirely to blame, oh hell no... that being said, his election came up and passed, this is the first election where someone angry over the federal response could vote payback... There is no way some African Americans didn't have that on their mind when they went to the polls...

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: November 10, 2006, 12:51:31 PM »
it was a priority thing based upon income.  They would have let a very poor white region suffer just as much.

Southwest Florida, for example?  ;D

If you wanna be a priority, you have to move to the east coast, Rob.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: November 10, 2006, 12:53:02 PM »
Nagin didn't evacuate enough people, so she shares blame.

But once the levees broke, it became such a mess that any local political govt was underwater.  The fed govt, FEMA and the WH should have moved faster.  You had WalMart getting trucks of merchandise to replenish their stores faster than Brownie could pick out a tie to wear to the press conference to announce he was getting a task force together. 

I don't think it was a race thing, it was a priority thing based upon income.  They would have let a very poor white region suffer just as much.
Canadians reached St. Bernard before U.S. troops  ::)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #21 on: November 10, 2006, 12:55:21 PM »
Southwest Florida, for example?  ;D

If you wanna be a priority, you have to move to the east coast, Rob.

Yep yep.  When Charlie hit a few summers back, we had 3 feet of water in the trailer park.  Spent the days playing checkers in the screen room, sitting on tables eating chips drinking warm pepsi. The mossberg leaning on the door indicated "No Vacancy" for wanderers flushed out of their holes.  Yet despite 6 days of floodwaters and no police ability, we didn't feel the need to murder each other or loot walmarts.

buffbodz

• Getbig V
  • It's only a board
« Reply #22 on: November 10, 2006, 12:56:19 PM »
Exactly.  People vote their pocketbook, or on issues that affect them directly, which is really the point I was making above.  People may be overwhelmingly against gay marriage when asked in a poll "Do you support or oppose gay marriage", but very few are actually going to swing their vote over the issue, because it just doesn't effect them. 

But it does.  Pensions would be transfired to the surviving member.  And that could be in the millions.  Law suits involving a dead spouse would be paid to the survivor.  Divorces cost everybody in the way of court expenses paid for by taxpayers.  Marriage is an expensive propersition gay or straight.
6 meals lift heavy and 1/2 hr cardio

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: November 10, 2006, 12:56:27 PM »
Canadians reached St. Bernard before U.S. troops  ::)

That's 'cause they heard there was weed there.  ::)

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: November 10, 2006, 01:30:53 PM »

That's 'cause they heard there was weed there.  ::)
Well if it's that good, can you blame them :P