Author Topic: What did you eat yesterday?  (Read 779309 times)

pellius

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith Jones aka OnlyMe/NoWorries. 1/10/2011
Re: What did you eat yesterday?
« Reply #4525 on: September 23, 2021, 11:22:28 PM »
Wes, you kind of look like this guy although he's only 50
Check out the crazy low volume of his training.  I don't know how he gets away with so little volume
Lifetime natural too (I have no reason to think he's not being honest about that)
https://www.instagram.com/3dmj_godfather/

Crazy low volume? I counted 10 sets on the incline on the routine that he posted.

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #4526 on: September 24, 2021, 04:28:14 AM »
9-24-21

Pre-Workout:
3 - 8 oz. cups of coffee
Beetroot powder in water

Post-Workout:
whey protein in water
1 banana
extra water with ACV stirred in

tomato + onion omelette made with 6 eggwhites and 2 whole eggs
1 banana
12 oz. OJ

chicken breast
sweet potatoes
brocolli
ice water

chicken breast
rice
asparagus
water with ACV stirred in
Crystal-Lite

2 chocolate chip rice cakes with natty PB
yogurt
water

tatoo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #4527 on: September 24, 2021, 05:51:20 AM »
1 cup oatmeal, 3 scrambled eggs w cheese, 1 plum

chicken salad sandwich from deli, 1 coke

40g shake w peanutbutter

16oz whitefish, 2 cups rice,  green beans,

1 banana, 1 plum, 1 glass wine

IroNat

• Getbig V
  • The only constant in life is change. – Heraclitus
« Reply #4528 on: September 24, 2021, 07:04:09 AM »

40g shake w peanutbutter

That's just one meal for Bhanky-Wolverine-Xman.

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #4529 on: September 24, 2021, 09:05:41 AM »

40g shake w peanutbutter

Great diet dude,how are you progressing/looking ?

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #4530 on: September 24, 2021, 09:26:51 AM »
Crazy low volume? I counted 10 sets on the incline on the routine that he posted.

How did you count to 10?
He did 8 sets and 5 were warm ups
why would you count his warm ups as sets
even he doesn't do that
he does 3 working sets per bp

🔹Warm Up
🔹Bar x 2 x 20
🔹135 x 2 x 10
🔹165 x 3
🔹Top Sets
🔹185 x 9
🔹Rest - 5 min
🔹185 x 9
🔹Rest - 5 min
🔹185 x 10

FitnessFrenzy

• Getbig V
  • evolving
« Reply #4531 on: September 24, 2021, 10:54:44 AM »

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #4532 on: September 24, 2021, 12:06:41 PM »
:D

tatoo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #4533 on: September 24, 2021, 12:20:58 PM »
Great diet dude,how are you progressing/looking ?

everything is good.... right around 200lbs, 9-10 percent, abs still there, workouts have been great... going to eat a little more once the snow comes tho.. see if i can bring up some weak bodyparts this winter (calves, rear delts, low back).... i can see your at it like a robot!!!  keep it up bro!

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #4534 on: September 24, 2021, 12:56:15 PM »
Sounds good bud, you keep it going and I`ll do the same.   8)

TRAIN HARD !!

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #4535 on: September 25, 2021, 05:55:37 AM »
9-25-21

Pre-Workout:
3 - 8 oz. cups of coffee
Beetroot powder in water

Post-Workout:
5 whole eggs over easy
oven fries
OJ

chicken breast
rice
asparagus
water

3 chocolate chip rice cakes with natty PB
huge bowl of vanilla yogurt
1 banana
water

Cod fish
brocolli
water with 1 Tbsp. ACV
Crystal-Lite

2 chocolate chip rice cakes with natty PB
yogurt
water

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #4536 on: September 25, 2021, 09:27:04 AM »
9-25-21

Pre-Workout:
3 - 8 oz. cups of coffee
Beetroot powder in water

Post-Workout:
5 whole eggs over easy
oven fries
OJ

how long are your training sessions?
what's your split?

bhank

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • 2024 NPC Charlotte Cup Champion
« Reply #4537 on: September 25, 2021, 09:30:08 AM »
If you want to be able to eat more add THC and CBD to your diet

https://www.yahoo.com/news/cannabis-help-gut-172339056.html

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #4538 on: September 25, 2021, 10:52:21 AM »
how long are your training sessions?
what's your split?

Depending on the day/bodyparts,anywhere between 35-60 minutes...............I`ve just started doing "cardio" which  only entails walking at a good pace after my training later in the day.

M-Chest + Abs
T-Back,Traps,Erectors
W-Shoulders + Abs
Th-Biceps,Forearms,Calves
F-Triceps +Abs
Sat.-Quads,Hamstrings,+ Calves
Sun.-Rest

I don`t always stick to the Abdominal sessions,I may do them when the mood strikes me but I want to get them done 2 X a week.....just added in Abs recently................ .besides my diet will help them look better as I continue to lose fat but they must be developed to look their best IMO.....I never use weight on abs,and often do 3-5 exercies in a row non-stop for everal cycles when I`m in top training shape....I`m not there yet by a long shot but I`m progressing steadily.  :D

Eventually I will be doing low volume on Calves 3-5 days a week......3-4 sets each day..... concentrating on TUT,a good strong tretch in the bottom postion, and half reps/"burns" at the end of each set, as well as static holds at the top of the movement.

May also do hamstrings twice a week as well......I`ll see how they come along......used to start the week (Monday) with legs and probably will again sooner than later.

I`ve gradually added volume and poundage over time after my very long period of almost total inactivity and terrible eating habits, and will continue to add weight to the bar as I get stronger,but never at the expense of form and at my age no more stupid ego lifting.... and I often mix things up.........almost never doing the exact same workout more than twice in a row.

I always use intensity techniques as well,such as drop-sets,or super-sets, just for an example of two of them, not on every single set of course, but I have yet to reach the kind of training shape/condition where I need to do them just yet anyway without the fear of simply overdoing it too soon,as I am gaining well without them thus far.

I put everything I have into each set and never fuck around once I get started training.

With my shitty genetics and as old as I have gotten,I can`t afford to be lax if I want to make good steady progress,which is my plan.

Sorry about the long wided rant.   :)

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #4539 on: September 25, 2021, 11:21:16 AM »
Depending on the day/bodyparts,anywhere between 35-60 minutes...............I`ve just started doing "cardio" which  only entails walking at a good pace after my training later in the day.

M-Chest + Abs
T-Back,Traps,Erectors
W-Shoulders + Abs
F-Triceps +Abs
Sun.-Rest

I don`t always stick to the Abdominal sessions,I may do them when the mood strikes me but I want to get them done 2 X a week.....just added in Abs recently................ .besides my diet will help them look better as I continue to lose fat but they must be developed to look their best IMO.....I never use weight on abs,and often do 3-5 exercies in a row non-stop for everal cycles when I`m in top training shape....I`m not there yet by a long shot but I`m progressing steadily.  :D

Eventually I will be doing low volume on Calves 3-5 days a week......3-4 sets each day..... concentrating on TUT,a good strong tretch in the bottom postion, and half reps/"burns" at the end of each set, as well as static holds at the top of the movement.

May also do hamstrings twice a week as well......I`ll see how they come along......used to start the week (Monday) with legs and probably will again sooner than later.

I`ve gradually added volume and poundage over time after my very long period of almost total inactivity and terrible eating habits, and will continue to add weight to the bar as I get stronger,but never at the expense of form and at my age no more stupid ego lifting.... and I often mix things up.........almost never doing the exact same workout more than twice in a row.

I always use intensity techniques as well,such as drop-sets,or super-sets, just for an example of two of them, not on every single set of course, but I have yet to reach the kind of training shape/condition where I need to do them just yet anyway without the fear of simply overdoing it too soon,as I am gaining well without them thus far.

I put everything I have into each set and never fuck around once I get started training.

With my shitty genetics and as old as I have gotten,I can`t afford to be lax if I want to make good steady progress,which is my plan.

all good info
I'm always interested in hearing other peoples training ideas
I wish I could do 35-50 minute training session

Mine are usually 2 hours at a time
Today I'll train Chest, Back and Traps with about 11 working sets each for Chest and Back and and 6 sets for traps and with setting up the garage gym and then putting it all away it will take at least two hours

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #4540 on: September 25, 2021, 11:42:42 AM »
all good info

Today I'll train Chest, Back and Traps with about 11 working sets each for Chest and Back and and 6 sets for traps and with setting up the garage gym and then putting it all away it will take at least two hours

I hear ya`....set up and take down is time consuming and a pain in the ass.

I only rest about 60 seconds or less generally between sets except on legs......I`ll knock out a set,add or take off weight whatever it calls for specifically,then crank out the next set and repeat until I`m done.

Over time though,I`ll add more volume as I get in better shape.......... so overall, I`tll take longer in total training time,but rest periods are always kept to a  minimum, and it will be easier for me to do so this time around, because I wont be doing doubles or triples or stupid mega-heavy shit that could cause an injury,and requires much longer rest periods.

I use as heavy a weight as I can for the amount of reps I`m gunning for,then I try to squeeze out a couple more.

Training as heavy as you can with short rest periods can make a 40 pound dumbell feel like a 70 pounder in no time flat.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #4541 on: September 25, 2021, 01:46:33 PM »

M-Chest + Abs
T-Back,Traps,Erectors
W-Shoulders + Abs
F-Triceps +Abs
Sun.-Rest

How is your recovery time as compared to when you trained in the past? Have you noticed any reduction in strength? Is your stamina as good as ever? One thing is for sure. Reading your daily diet, you have excellent will power. I find when I am seriously training (which hasn't happened in a long time), I eat more and tend to gain weight.

You've made a dramatic change in eating and training, how's your wife adapting? Is she encouraging you, indifferent or having difficulty adjusting the the new you?

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #4542 on: September 25, 2021, 01:50:53 PM »
all good info

Are you at all concerned with overtraining? Is the setup and the takedown included in those two hours? There is no way I could train for 2 hours straight these days. If I tried, it would probably be the end of me.  :(

IRON CROSS

• Getbig V
« Reply #4543 on: September 25, 2021, 02:33:40 PM »
Are you at all concerned with overtraining? Is the setup and the takedown included in those two hours? There is no way I could train for 2 hours straight these days. If I tried, it would probably be the end of me.  :(

Jay 3, go to Joe Rogan/How to workout smarter ,Firas Zahabi !.

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #4544 on: September 25, 2021, 03:03:39 PM »
How is your recovery time as compared to when you trained in the past? Have you noticed any reduction in strength? Is your stamina as good as ever? One thing is for sure. Reading your daily diet, you have excellent will power. I find when I am seriously training (which hasn't happened in a long time), I eat more and tend to gain weight.

You've made a dramatic change in eating and training, how's your wife adapting? Is she encouraging you, indifferent or having difficulty adjusting the the new you?
I`m fine as I have a lot of time to rest before I hit each bodypart.

For example I train chest on Monday so I have a full week to let it rest/recover and hopefully improve.

I do get sore but I always do when I train hard.

As I stated above,I`m not yet in top training shape but my strength is around 4-5 times better than it was when I started back and I`m training hard and fast adding weight to each set when possible.

I started from below zero !!   ;D

I`m not a big guy, but many times over, there have been people who have just stood there staring ruining their workout just to watch me and my training partner or me by myself trainin hard, and then comment that I was a fucking animal.

Then there`s experienced guys from the gym who think I`m 20 pounds heavier than I actually am .

When I hear that kinda` stuff again,I know I`ll be in good condition.

DISCLAIMER: I`m not bragging like Bhank just stating that I`ll be in shape when people start noticing me,not that I care if they do or not but when they do,I know I`m doing something right.

I`m very humble and no matter how good my condition is I keep my body covered up unless it`s 90 degrees and always try to advise anyone that asks me for help.

Again not bragging, just extremely enthusiastic and happy to be alive and training again.........I am truly blessed.

I know I`m nothing special physiquewise but I always give it my all no matter what and I will do that this time as well.

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #4545 on: September 25, 2021, 03:31:52 PM »
Prime,my wife has been with her sick mother for the last 4 weeks so I haven`t seen her at all,we just talk on the phone.

She and her mom will probably come here next week.

GymnJuice

• Getbig V
« Reply #4546 on: September 25, 2021, 06:59:42 PM »
If you want to be able to eat more add THC and CBD to your diet

https://www.yahoo.com/news/cannabis-help-gut-172339056.html

Weak sauce.  If you want to eat more just eat more.

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #4547 on: September 25, 2021, 08:16:42 PM »
Weak sauce.  If you want to eat more just eat more.
Dude`s a fucking clown !!

pellius

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith Jones aka OnlyMe/NoWorries. 1/10/2011
« Reply #4548 on: September 26, 2021, 02:53:57 AM »
How did you count to 10?
He did 8 sets and 5 were warm ups
why would you count his warm ups as sets
even he doesn't do that
he does 3 working sets per bp

🔹Warm Up
🔹Bar x 2 x 20
🔹135 x 2 x 10
🔹165 x 3
🔹Top Sets
🔹185 x 9
🔹Rest - 5 min
🔹185 x 9
🔹Rest - 5 min
🔹185 x 10

Three sets on the incline is not crazy low volume. You made it sound like he was a HIT guy. One maybe two warm-up sets and then one work set.
He's doing what is typical and that is a hell of a lot of rest. He must spend a lot of time in the gym. Dorian completes his entire chest routine in less than ten minutes including warm-ups.

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #4549 on: September 26, 2021, 05:51:13 AM »
9-26-21

1Tbsp. ACV in water
5 whole eggs over easy
2 baked potatoes
OJ

1 scoop of whey in water with a cup of dry oatmeal mixed in