Author Topic: Cruz 2016  (Read 90941 times)

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
Re: Cruz 2016
« Reply #400 on: December 17, 2015, 06:18:25 PM »
^ That doesn't look good.  The guy is a flake, IOW.  Just another flake.

240?

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #401 on: December 17, 2015, 11:04:50 PM »
^ That doesn't look good.  The guy is a flake, IOW.  Just another flake.
240?

EVERY candidate in the 2016 Repub nomination race has supported immigration for illegals, amnesty/forgiving their being here, to some degree.

Cruz flirted with it very little 2 years ago in a FOX interview.
Rubio sponsored legislation on it.
Trump supported it on july 27 of THIS YEAR.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #402 on: December 18, 2015, 01:54:03 PM »
Cruz picks up top evangelical endorsement
By Bradford Richardson
December 17, 2015

The founder of the social conservative advocacy group Focus on the Family has endorsed Sen. Ted Cruz (R-Texas) for president.

Christian radio host James Dobson said on Thursday that Cruz is the best candidate in the Republican primary field when it comes to religious liberty and preserving the traditional definition of marriage.

“Ted Cruz’s record on religious liberty, life, and marriage is second to none in this Republican field,” Dobson said in a statement released by the Cruz campaign. “I have met with the senator on multiple occasions: he is brilliant, articulate, and informed.”

“Shirley and I have been praying for a leader such as this, and we are confident that Ted Cruz has the moral and spiritual foundations to lead our nation with excellence,” he added.

“Speaking as private individuals, we urge conservatives and people of faith to join us in supporting his race for the presidency.”

Cruz has accumulated a significant evangelical backing in the race for the Republican presidential nomination.

Last week, the conservative firebrand won the endorsement of Bob Vander Plaats, an influential Christian leader in Iowa.
A Des Moines Register/Bloomberg poll last week found Cruz with a 10-point lead in the Iowa caucuses, spearheaded by 45 percent of the evangelical vote.

http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/presidential-races/263634-cruz-picks-up-top-evangelical-endorsement

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #403 on: December 18, 2015, 05:16:10 PM »
EVERY candidate in the 2016 Repub nomination race has supported immigration for illegals, amnesty/forgiving their being here, to some degree.

Cruz flirted with it very little 2 years ago in a FOX interview.
Rubio sponsored legislation on it.
Trump supported it on july 27 of THIS YEAR.

Somehow I knew it with Cruz.  Not sure how, but I did.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #404 on: December 19, 2015, 05:53:26 AM »
Somehow I knew it with Cruz.  Not sure how, but I did.

it was right after reince priebus ordered everyone in the party to fall in line and support it.  remember hannity's on-air reversal?

James

« Reply #405 on: December 19, 2015, 07:15:35 AM »
The Establishment hates Trump but they fear Cruz, and now that their boy Bush has faded they are now pushing Rubio and in doing so are trying to bring down Cruz with this.

The truth is Ted Cruz has never supported Amnesty, citizenship or legalization of illegals in any form and has fought hard against it.

The Gang of Eight Bill that Chuck Schumer, Marco Rubio, John McCain and others were pushing was being sold as a border enforcement bill and down playing that it was truly a amnesty Bill (citizenship for illegals).  Ted Cruz, Mike Lee and Jeff Sessions called their bluff by putting forward amendments that removed citizenship from the the gang of 8 Bill, knowing that the gang of either would not go for it, in essence a poison pill to bring down the entire Bill.

Video:
http://gretawire.foxnewsinsider.com/video/uncut-video-sen-ted-cruz-obama-hillary-dems-out-of-touch-with-american-people/

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #406 on: December 19, 2015, 01:24:56 PM »
Cruz flirted with it when the GOP was ordering everyone to fall in line, but never legislatively did SHIT to push amnesty.

Rubio authored and pushed the obama/schumer amnesty Dream act.  Rubio is a piece of shit on letting the illegals stay.  Cruz never did anything to let them stay, other than flirt with it a little in interview 2 years ago.   Trump and Carson are LONGTIME amnesty supporters that recently magically changed positions.

whork

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #407 on: December 19, 2015, 02:01:52 PM »
The Establishment hates Trump but they fear Cruz, and now that their boy Bush has faded they are now pushing Rubio and in doing so are trying to bring down Cruz with this.

The truth is Ted Cruz has never supported Amnesty, citizenship or legalization of illegals in any form and has fought hard against it.

The Gang of Eight Bill that Chuck Schumer, Marco Rubio, John McCain and others were pushing was being sold as a border enforcement bill and down playing that it was truly a amnesty Bill (citizenship for illegals).  Ted Cruz, Mike Lee and Jeff Sessions called their bluff by putting forward amendments that removed citizenship from the the gang of 8 Bill, knowing that the gang of either would not go for it, in essence a poison pill to bring down the entire Bill.

Video:
http://gretawire.foxnewsinsider.com/video/uncut-video-sen-ted-cruz-obama-hillary-dems-out-of-touch-with-american-people/

https://www.opensecrets.org/politicians/summary.php?cid=N00033085

His donors include Goldman Sachs. WTF are you talking about?

James

« Reply #408 on: December 21, 2015, 07:24:46 AM »
Defiant Jeff Sessions on Gang of 8: Every Step of the Way, Ted Cruz Was By My Side

DAPHNE, AL : An emphatic Sen. Jeff Sessions (R-AL)80% is dismissing the claim that presidential candidate Sen. Ted Cruz (R-TX)97%was a backer of the 2013 immigration reform effort by the so-called "Gang of Eight." Sessions, a hometown favorite at a Saturday rally here, told attendees Cruz had opposed the effort the entire way and cited the Texas senator's voting record as evidence.

"One of the things you've been hearing about somehow is a criticism of Ted and how he and what he did with regard to this massive that they tried to ram through in 2013," Sessions said. "Let me tell you, I was there. Every step of the way, Ted Cruz was on my side and fought this legislation all the way through."

"I'm just flabbergasted," he continued.

Don't they know how he voted? So let just tell you a few things just to recall , people need to remember this because this election is going to decide if the crowd that pushed that bill , are they in the White House and will they be able to continue their agenda? Or will somebody else be there who will say no? (Snip)

"The people spoke and the Congress finally , although it was dicey for a while , responded," he added. (Snip)

The 2013 "Gang of Eight" bill never gained traction in the House of Representatives after passage in the Senate, to which Sessions credited Cruz's opposition.

"I think I can say this with integrity and good judgement: I believe without the vigorous opposition of Ted Cruz, this bill likely would have passed," Sessions said. "So we need to thank him."

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2015/12/19/defiant-jeff-sessions-on-gang-of-eight-every-step-of-the-way-ted-cruz-was-on-my-side/

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #409 on: December 21, 2015, 07:30:14 AM »
Cruz is the man. 

Nra, nbc, and these fake ass rinos need to abandon the love affair with trumps celebrity.   They'll be kicking themselves when trump destroys the scotus with 2 or 3 highly liberal choices. 

James

« Reply #410 on: December 21, 2015, 12:44:32 PM »
The Sessions-Cruz Video Fox News Doesn’t Want You to See

Jeff Sessions: Ted Cruz was on my side to defeat the Gang of Eight amnesty bill

JOHN MATRIX

• Getbig V
  • the Media is the Problem
« Reply #411 on: December 21, 2015, 01:04:43 PM »

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #412 on: December 21, 2015, 01:15:53 PM »
thought the bros here could appreciate this   ;D
http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/onpolitics/2015/12/19/cruz-spoof-christmas-infomercial-iowa-during-snl/77646990/

LMFAO

That's pretty funny, but not a good idea to use his kids (assuming those are his kids and not actors). 

JOHN MATRIX

• Getbig V
  • the Media is the Problem
« Reply #413 on: December 21, 2015, 02:19:38 PM »
yea id leave out the kids speaking part but the rest is hilarious...what a crazy campaign season this is

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #414 on: December 22, 2015, 02:21:29 PM »
Talk radio rallies around Ted Cruz

As Trump and Rubio attack, the 2016 contender’s right-wing friends circle the wagons.
By Hadas Gold
12/22/15

Conservative talk radio likes to flirt with Donald Trump, but its hosts are showing their commitment to Ted Cruz.

With a month left until the Iowa caucuses, attacks on the ascendant 2016 contender have nudged his talk radio supporters back into line, pushing them to throw their valuable support behind the candidate they want to win rather than the one who assures a strong audience.
And with tens of millions of listeners — and a large slice of likely GOP primary voters — at stake, the backing of these right-wing opinion-makers is significant. Their preference for Cruz, in fact, suggests the upswing in his standing in Iowa and national polls has some durability.

“He’s my guy. I like Ted Cruz a lot,” said Glenn Beck on Fox News last week. The host, who has been an avowed Cruz supporter for years, boasts about 7 million listeners a week, according to industry magazine Talkers.

Conservative talk radio likes to flirt with Donald Trump, but its hosts are showing their commitment to Ted Cruz.

With a month left until the Iowa caucuses, attacks on the ascendant 2016 contender have nudged his talk radio supporters back into line, pushing them to throw their valuable support behind the candidate they want to win rather than the one who assures a strong audience.

And with tens of millions of listeners — and a large slice of likely GOP primary voters — at stake, the backing of these right-wing opinion-makers is significant. Their preference for Cruz, in fact, suggests the upswing in his standing in Iowa and national polls has some durability.

“He’s my guy. I like Ted Cruz a lot,” said Glenn Beck on Fox News last week. The host, who has been an avowed Cruz supporter for years, boasts about 7 million listeners a week, according to industry magazine Talkers.

Talk radio shifted into Cruz defense last week after Trump called the Texan “a little bit of a maniac” in the Senate. Mark Levin, a former Reagan administration official dubbed “The Great One” by Sean Hannity, took to social media to lambaste the poll leader for insulting Cruz.

“My friend Donald Trump really screwed up,” Levin said. “Big time.”

“We have a guy who has stood up to Mitch McConnell, who is viciously attacked in every liberal newspaper, every liberal outlet, by the establishment. Who led the fight against Obamacare. And he’s referred to as a ‘maniac?’ I’m sure Mitch McConnell loved that,” he said. “I’m sure the Wall Street Journal editorial page loved that. He’s a ‘maniac?’”

Levin also boasts 7 million listeners per week, according to Talkers.

The conservative radio hosts have been on the Trump train for a while, with many of them aligning themselves with Trump’s comments on immigration and how to combat ISIS. But few have come out and declared that they’re Trump backers.

In a post on Facebook in August, Beck questioned the motivations of fellow radio hosts, such as Hannity, Michael Savage or Rush Limbaugh, seeming to suggest they were talking Trump to keep the audience. “These are smart people. What am I missing? Just based on his favorability ratings, he could never win in a general. Research shows that he may be near his ceiling now. Are they just trying to hold on to those disenfranchised Republicans and keep them in the fold?” Beck wrote.
Trump backed off his “maniac” comment after talk radio rallied around Cruz. But he wasn’t the only one to target the senator now ranking first in Iowa.

When Marco Rubio at the last debate identified and then exploited an inconsistency in Cruz’s rhetoric on legalization for undocumented immigration, talk radio jumped in again.

Host Erick Erickson, who has had beef with Trump and uninvited him from his August “RedState Gathering,” wrote that Cruz, in proposing an amendment to the Gang of Eight comprehensive immigration reform legislation in 2013, was trying to expose Republicans’ plan for amnesty.

“Yes, Ted Cruz offered a proposal, the result of which would have allowed some illegal aliens to stay in the United States in exchange for never becoming citizens. His plan failed and exposed just how intent his fellow Republican Senators were in giving illegal aliens a pathway to citizenship. Now those Senators and Republican elites want revenge,” Erickson wrote. Though Erickson doesn't have as wide a radio reach as some of his talk show colleagues, his regular commentary on Fox News and writings on RedState (which he left in December), have placed him as an important voice in the conservative community.

Rush Limbaugh, the most listened-to talk radio host in the nation with more than 13 million weekly listeners, who questioned Trump’s bonafides as a true conservative earlier this week, also rushed to Cruz’s defense and praised his debate performance, saying Cruz was trying to push through a “poison pill” amendment to the Gang of Eight legislation.

"At the end of the day when people go vote, people are gonna remember, of the two, it was Marco Rubio that was a member of the Gang of Eight and Ted Cruz that wasn't, and that's as complicated or simple as it's gonna end up being,” Limbaugh said.

Laura Ingraham, who boasts more than 2 million weekly listeners, has called Cruz ‘Reaganesque,' She recently tweeted her appreciation of Cruz for never hiding from “conservative talk radio” and welcoming the tough questions. But clearly, she’s still enjoying Trump too.

"Newsflash to Establishment: Efforts to demonize TrumpCruz have backfired big time. Time to fire the donors & get right with the voters,” she tweeted last week.

http://www.politico.com/story/2015/12/ted-cruz-talk-radio-supporters-216950#ixzz3v5ghkjZn

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #415 on: December 22, 2015, 02:47:16 PM »
Chris Matthews Fears ‘Horror’ of Ted Cruz Presidency; Calls Him ‘Enemy of the State’
By Kyle Drennen
December 22, 2015

Appearing in the 3 p.m. ET hour of MSNBC Live on Tuesday, Hardball host Chris Matthews revealed how terrified he was at the prospect of Texas Senator Ted Cruz becoming president: “...Cruz is scarier than Trump and that will be a frightening prospect to realize....if we weren't talking about Trump, we’d be talking about the horror of this country possibly being led by Cruz.”

As fill-in anchor Ayman Mohyeldin started to ask about Donald Trump’s “biggest rival” in the GOP race, Matthews interrupted: “Do you know him? Have you ever met Cruz?” Mohyeldin replied: “I have not. I don't know him.” Matthews sneered: “Well, when you do, you’ll know what I'm talking about....nobody likes him. No one who knows him likes him.”

Mohyeldin wondered: “Well, how is he doing so – how is he doing well in the polls at least?” Matthews ranted:

Because I think the anger that we see driving Trump, the anger on the right, white people, if you will, working white people, whatever that category gets defined as, are so angry, especially the very religious people, that they're willing to put somebody in there who's a complete enemy of the state. They’re willing to go all the way to the hardest far right rail. You can't be too hard right.

He added that with Trump and Cruz, “you’re seeing a battle between two fairly nasty campaigns for the hardest right position.”

Here is a transcript of December 22 exchange:

3:40 PM ET

(...)

CHRIS MATTHEWS: I expect if he [Donald Trump] keeps in there fighting against somebody like [Ted] Cruz they’re gonna realize something that really is scary to most moderates and progressives, that Cruz is scarier than Trump and that will be a frightening prospect to realize that Trump is the more – well, he’s not acceptable to progressives, but when you look at him against Cruz. I mean, Cruz, if we weren't talking about Trump, we’d be talking about the horror of this country possibly being led by Cruz. So, it's a strange competition and the people that are left out of this, it seems, are what used to be called the Republican establishment. I've noticed we’ve only used the word establishment now in terms of saying it's finished.

AYMAN MOHYELDIN: So let's talk a little bit about that. You’re talking about Ted Cruz, obviously he’s being considered as perhaps one of the biggest rivals. Who do you see as the biggest – 

MATTHEWS: Do you know him? Have you ever met Cruz?

MOHYELDIN: I have not. I don't know him.

MATTHEWS: Well, when you do, you’ll know what I'm talking about.

MOHYELDIN: Well, I mean, I’ve seen all of his comments, I follow him obviously a lot throughout the campaign trail.

MATTHEWS: But nobody likes him. No one who knows him likes him. His college roommate –

MOHYELDIN: Well, how is he doing so – how is he doing well in the polls at least?

MATTHEWS: Because I think the anger that we see driving Trump, the anger on the right, white people, if you will, working white people, whatever that category gets defined as, are so angry, especially the very religious people, that they're willing to put somebody in there who's a complete enemy of the state. They’re willing to go all the way to the hardest far right rail. You can't be too hard right.

I mean, here's a guy with a Cuban American background who’s very much against any legalization of anybody who comes to this country illegally ever. I mean, it’s a pretty strong position to be taking. How's that much different than Trump? It’s really hard right. And so, what's going on now is your battle between – you’re seeing a battle between two fairly nasty campaigns for the hardest right position.

(...)     
 http://www.newsbusters.org/blogs/nb/kyle-drennen/2015/12/22/chris-matthews-fears-horror-ted-cruz-presidency-calls-him-enemy#sthash.U2ouHhQw.dpuf

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #416 on: December 22, 2015, 03:22:56 PM »
Talk radio rallies around Ted Cruz

agreed completely.  Rush + Hannity have gotten on the Cruz bandwagon 100% over the past 10 days.  

that's how the GOP stops trump... employs the talk radio people to re-brainwash people.

suddenly you have the trump cheerleaders talking about how they love Cruz.  fcking phonies.

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #417 on: December 22, 2015, 08:21:26 PM »
agreed completely.  Rush + Hannity have gotten on the Cruz bandwagon 100% over the past 10 days.  

that's how the GOP stops trump... employs the talk radio people to re-brainwash people.

suddenly you have the trump cheerleaders talking about how they love Cruz.  fcking phonies.

As an avid listener of right wing radio who has heard the opinions of hundreds of people on this matter over the past few months I can assure you that there are plenty who like BOTH and would be happy with either one.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #418 on: December 22, 2015, 08:43:15 PM »
As an avid listener of right wing radio who has heard the opinions of hundreds of people on this matter over the past few months I can assure you that there are plenty who like BOTH and would be happy with either one.

hannity and rush were BOTH on trump's jock beyond belief.  Starting last monday, 9 days ago, they both were all about the new polling, how cruz had a chance, how it was down to those 2 and rubio... Rush and "i'm starting to become a real ted cruz guy, i love trump, but..." was parroted on getbig almost immediately.  

it's hard to believe it's days away from 2016, and a man mocking a 70 year old woman with health problems, for taking too long in the restroom as "disgusting" has the faintest chance at the nomination.  

to your point polychron - I cannot believe those people you speak of support BOTh... as cruz and trump are so much different in so many ways.  I guess "they're both not clinton" is what qualifies.

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #419 on: December 23, 2015, 07:38:58 AM »
hannity and rush were BOTH on trump's jock beyond belief.  Starting last monday, 9 days ago, they both were all about the new polling, how cruz had a chance, how it was down to those 2 and rubio... Rush and "i'm starting to become a real ted cruz guy, i love trump, but..." was parroted on getbig almost immediately.  

it's hard to believe it's days away from 2016, and a man mocking a 70 year old woman with health problems, for taking too long in the restroom as "disgusting" has the faintest chance at the nomination.  

to your point polychron - I cannot believe those people you speak of support BOTh... as cruz and trump are so much different in so many ways.  I guess "they're both not clinton" is what qualifies.

Crusty old hag was probably in there knocking back swigs of vodka without a thought in the world to anybody else outside waiting.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #420 on: December 23, 2015, 07:47:14 AM »
Crusty old hag was probably in there knocking back swigs of vodka without a thought in the world to anybody else outside waiting.

or she just wanted to drop a deuce.   I know at 39, sometimes I need more than 30 seconds to kick back, unwind and let nature do its thing.  she's chugging coffee to be wide awake and alert at 10pm Vegas time... you know her tummy was kicking into gear. 

and the ladies room was a lot further from the stage.  Trump is being disgusting on this one. 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #421 on: December 23, 2015, 08:50:35 AM »
yea id leave out the kids speaking part but the rest is hilarious...what a crazy campaign season this is
He doesn't really have room to complain about this.  He walked right into it by using his kids. 

Cruz Slams Washington Post Cartoonist for Poking at Children
By Todd Beamon   |   
Tuesday, 22 Dec 2015

Republican presidential candidate Ted Cruz slammed a cartoonist at The Washington Post for satirizing the Texas senator's two children, whom he used in a campaign ad reading parodies of two Christmas classics.

The first-term Cruz said on Twitter:

He was bashing Post cartoonist Ann Telnaes, who depicted Cruz's daughters — Caroline, 7, and Catherine, 4 — as monkeys leashed to their father's organ-grinder in a cartoon published earlier Tuesday.

"There is an unspoken rule in editorial cartooning that a politician’s children are off-limits," Telnaes said in introducing the cartoon. "But when a politician uses his children as political props, as Ted Cruz recently did in his Christmas parody video in which his eldest daughter read (with her father’s dramatic flourish) a passage of an edited Christmas classic, then I figure they are fair game."

The video featured Caroline reading "The Grinch Who Lost Her Emails," in an apparent reference to the Hillary Clinton email scandal.

In 2013, Cruz read the Dr. Seuss book "Green Eggs and Ham" to his daughters during the nearly 22 hours he spoke on the Senate floor against Obamacare.

Other "classics" touted in the commercial include "How Obamacare Stole Christmas" and "Rudolph, The Underemployed Reindeer."

The ad ran in Iowa during last week's episode of "Saturday Night Live" — and it was made to look like one of the show's own parody commercials.

http://www.newsmax.com/Politics/ted-cruz-cartoon-mocks-daughters/2015/12/22/id/706862/#ixzz3vACDu000

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #422 on: December 23, 2015, 10:47:36 AM »
He doesn't really have room to complain about this.  He walked right into it by using his kids. 

I disagree.  a politician showing their family doesn't mean it's okay to paint them as monkeys.

and cruz has to do something... the rapid, low-iq base loving trump has a massive lead over him.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #423 on: December 23, 2015, 11:08:16 AM »
I disagree.  a politician showing their family doesn't mean it's okay to paint them as monkeys.

and cruz has to do something... the rapid, low-iq base loving trump has a massive lead over him.

He didn't just show his family.  He had his daughter participate with a line attacking Hillary.  That puts his kids squarely in play.  

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #424 on: December 23, 2015, 11:12:33 AM »
He didn't just show his family.  He had his daughter participate with a line attacking Hillary.  That puts his kids squarely in play.  

Little monkeys though?

How would that go over with a Democratic minority candidate?