Author Topic: Cruz 2016  (Read 90941 times)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
Re: Cruz 2016
« Reply #500 on: April 05, 2016, 06:11:21 PM »
Pot calling the kettle black. Hypocrite!

Oh you got me.  lol   :)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #501 on: April 05, 2016, 06:19:09 PM »
I watched a portion of her town hall interview yesterday.  Seems like a nice lady, but definitely not someone I'd want as First Lady. 

SOMEPARTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #502 on: April 06, 2016, 12:09:13 AM »
You would rather have a first lady who is a member of the Council on Foreign Relations?

You know, the group Ted called "“a pernicious nest of snakes” that is working to “undermine our sovereignty.”

The one HIS WIFE is a member of....haha, good ol' lyin' Ted. Shoe fits.

GigantorX

• Getbig V
  • GetBig's A-Team is the Light of Truth!
« Reply #503 on: April 06, 2016, 07:16:47 AM »
You would rather have a first lady who is a member of the Council on Foreign Relations?

You know, the group Ted called "“a pernicious nest of snakes” that is working to “undermine our sovereignty.”

Is or was a member of the CFR?

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #504 on: April 06, 2016, 09:29:39 AM »

I just looked at the membership roster and didn't see Heidi Cruz's name.  http://www.cfr.org/about/membership/roster.html?letter=C

And even if she was a member, would I rather have her as First Lady than Trump's trophy wife as First Lady?  Yes. 

SOMEPARTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #505 on: April 06, 2016, 01:04:45 PM »
She WAS until he decided to run. Those tea party/libertarian leanings were a farce. He's a globalist just like Hillary.

SOMEPARTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #506 on: April 06, 2016, 01:05:55 PM »
http://www.cfr.org/canada/building-north-american-community/p8102

HEIDI S. CRUZ is an energy investment banker with Merrill Lynch in Houston, Texas. She served in the Bush White House under Dr. Condoleezza Rice as the Economic Director for the Western Hemisphere at the National Security Council, as the Director of the Latin America Office at the U.S. Treasury Department, and as Special Assistant to Ambassador Robert B. Zoellick, U.S. Trade Representative. Prior to government service, Ms. Cruz was an investment banker with J.P. Morgan in New York City.

^^^^^^^^   Read it.

SOMEPARTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #507 on: April 06, 2016, 01:08:00 PM »
And by the way, that's the CFR site from Canada.

I want to hear the defense of this.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #508 on: April 06, 2016, 01:11:19 PM »
What needs to be defended? 

SOMEPARTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #509 on: April 06, 2016, 01:33:53 PM »
Well...first off you have Ted playing dumb about it....just like you are in your response.

So Cruz is the Canadian/Hispanic guy married to a woman who was in a think tank that considers the USA just part of North America.

They believe we are best to be bundled up economically with Mexico and Canada against common American interests....and because of that NAFTA and the like is okay.

You okay with that? Because I don't hear your boy saying any of that. In fact he takes opposite positions. This wasn't 20 years ago...we're talking 5 years ago.

SOMEPARTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #510 on: April 06, 2016, 01:41:12 PM »
Further if you actually like Cruz based on what he says and has done in the last couple years and don't question how dramatically he has re-positioned himself as the fake outsider in the GOP you are beyond reasoning with. I would have to assume you didn't support him as a candidate until the 2013 shutdown. Up until the shutdown where was he in the establishment? Deep - very, very deep in there.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #511 on: April 06, 2016, 01:52:44 PM »
Well...first off you have Ted playing dumb about it....just like you are in your response.

So Cruz is the Canadian/Hispanic guy married to a woman who was in a think tank that considers the USA just part of North America.

They believe we are best to be bundled up economically with Mexico and Canada against common American interests....and because of that NAFTA and the like is okay.

You okay with that? Because I don't hear your boy saying any of that. In fact he takes opposite positions. This wasn't 20 years ago...we're talking 5 years ago.

I don't accept any of you say at face value, especially when you begin by calling Cruz a Canadian. 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #512 on: April 06, 2016, 01:53:38 PM »
Further if you actually like Cruz based on what he says and has done in the last couple years and don't question how dramatically he has re-positioned himself as the fake outsider in the GOP you are beyond reasoning with. I would have to assume you didn't support him as a candidate until the 2013 shutdown. Up until the shutdown where was he in the establishment? Deep - very, very deep in there.

I'm supposed to reason with someone calling Ted Cruz a Canadian?  Who is a 9/11 Troofer?  Who believes we faked the moon landing?  Nah.   :)

SOMEPARTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #513 on: April 06, 2016, 02:03:23 PM »
Right. That would be convenient for you. I'm making light of it, lost on you - again - but at the same time I know you see generally where I'm coming from here.

Do you want a president of North America then? To decrease the power and sovereignty of the USA....that's okay with you?

Because if you support Cruz for what he says, that would be the opposite of what his platform is...

Defend your guy and stop deflecting. Show me how reasonable a person is that knows the above but won't acknowledge it.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #514 on: April 06, 2016, 02:07:50 PM »
Right. That would be convenient for you. I'm making light of it, lost on you - again - but at the same time I know you see generally where I'm coming from here.

Do you want a president of North America then? To decrease the power and sovereignty of the USA....that's okay with you?

Because if you support Cruz for what he says, that would be the opposite of what his platform is...

Defend your guy and stop deflecting. Show me how reasonable a person is that knows the above but won't acknowledge it.

I live in the real world.  We don't have a president of North America.  I don't buy into your conspiracy theory nonsense.  Maybe Ozmo will entertain you.  He's a lot more tolerant with this crap than me.  I just mock it.   :) 

SOMEPARTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #515 on: April 06, 2016, 02:09:11 PM »
I'm supposed to reason with someone calling Ted Cruz a Canadian?  Who is a 9/11 Troofer?  Who believes we faked the moon landing?  Nah.   :)

I thought it was liberals that used name-calling to discredit people with differing opinions and skate around the issues.

Huh....learn something new every day.

SOMEPARTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #516 on: April 06, 2016, 02:10:38 PM »
Then defend the real-world issues I raised above and stop smoke-screening.

Is Cruz the guy he says he is?

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #517 on: April 06, 2016, 02:33:38 PM »

I thought it was liberals that used name-calling to discredit people with differing opinions and skate around the issues.

Huh....learn something new every day.

This isn't about differing opinions.  It's about elementary school conspiracy theories. 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #518 on: April 06, 2016, 02:35:05 PM »
Then defend the real-world issues I raised above and stop smoke-screening.

Is Cruz the guy he says he is?

What does that even mean?  He is a Manchurian Candidate?

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #519 on: April 06, 2016, 02:37:46 PM »
This isn't about differing opinions.  It's about elementary school conspiracy theories. 

The US Sec of State "letting Benghazi attacks happen" to affect an election or for other political gains is a conspiracy theory.  A popular one, too.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #520 on: April 06, 2016, 04:54:41 PM »
The US Sec of State "letting Benghazi attacks happen" to affect an election or for other political gains is a conspiracy theory.  A popular one, too.

Tin foil hat.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #521 on: April 06, 2016, 04:58:15 PM »
Cruz Outmaneuvering Trump in GOP Delegate Fight
Wednesday, 06 Apr 2016

While the focus of the Republican presidential campaign shifts eastward to the New York primary, Texas Sen. Ted Cruz is pivoting west, where he is quietly trying to chip away at Donald Trump's lead in the race for convention delegates.

Cruz won six pledged delegates during a pair of obscure, congressional-level Colorado GOP assemblies on Saturday.

He is also poised to make gains in several other western Republican contests, including a possible sweep of Colorado's remaining assemblies, due to conclude Saturday.

Cruz's success in the complex delegate game is helping him counter Trump's headline-grabbing wins in big states and would give the Texas senator a tactical advantage should the party's presidential nomination come down to a rare contested convention.

Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker, who backs Ted Cruz for president, said the GOP nomination fight was "very likely" headed to an open convention but the 36 delegates Cruz won on Tuesday are "locked in." Trump won six delegates in the state.

Under Wisconsin Republican Party rules, delegates must stick with the candidate they are pledged to until they are either released by that candidate or if the person fails to get a third of the vote at the convention after the first round.

"Ted Cruz will win on the second ballot if not on the way in and he will unite the party," Walker, who withdrew his presidential candidacy, said in an interview Wednesday on WTMJ radio in Milwaukee.

The actual delegates who will represent Cruz and Trump at the convention are being selected over the next month.

Meanwhile, a Republican aide says top campaign advisers to Ohio Gov. John Kasich plan to meet with leading GOP activists in Washington.

The meeting Wednesday aims to discuss the presidential candidate's strategy for continuing his campaign and battling for the nomination at the party's Cleveland convention in July.

The aide, who spoke anonymously because the details have not been made public, says Ohio Republican Sen. Rob Portman helped organize Wednesday's session. Portman is a long-time friend of Kasich and was his colleague when Kasich was in Congress.

The meeting comes a day after a GOP Wisconsin presidential primary in which Texas Sen. Ted Cruz was victorious over businessman Donald Trump and Kasich. The only contest the Ohio governor has so far won was in his home state, but he continues to compile a modest number of delegates — delegates that could be crucial in the tight race for the nomination.

Those attending Wednesday's meeting include Kasich top strategist John Weaver and Charlie Black, a long-time Republican operative now advising Kasich's campaign, the aide said.

Breaking News at Newsmax.com http://www.newsmax.com/Headline/cruz-outmaneuvering-trump-in/2016/04/06/id/722610/#ixzz455sytfBO

GigantorX

• Getbig V
  • GetBig's A-Team is the Light of Truth!
« Reply #522 on: April 06, 2016, 04:59:37 PM »
Doesn't matter there is solid irrefutable proof (I don't have it, look yourself) that Cruz was calling hookers in Texas.

His number is on the list!

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #523 on: April 06, 2016, 11:11:22 PM »
Tin foil hat.

ALL THOSE repubs that say hilary let benghazi happen...

they're just as bad as the 911 troofers?

SOMEPARTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #524 on: April 06, 2016, 11:45:35 PM »

No name calling and then sticking your head in the sand.

Was Cruz' wife in the CFR or not? Let's start there. You tried to say she was not as a knee jerk reaction.

Cruz was talking shit about the CFR when he knew his wife was a former member. No?

Based on his platform this is a huge inconsistency at the least. No?

I don't know you or if you actually believe Cruz, but if you are trying to say you don't care what he does or why then fine. I'll just assume you vote GOP and whomever they put in front of you will be gladly voted for without thought or question.

You take the time to attack my credibility based on a good bit of nuanced sarcasm you frankly just don't get....but then won't seriously address the above. It's strange to me why that would be.