Author Topic: Gallup: More Americans satisfied than dissatisfied with current gun laws  (Read 810 times)

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
In the aftermath of the Newtown, Conn., school shootings, and as Vice President Joe Biden leads a federal task force that will recommend ways to curb gun violence in the U.S., 38% of Americans are dissatisfied with the nation’s gun laws and want them strengthened. This is up from 25% who held this set of views a year ago, and is the highest since 2001. Still, more Americans are either satisfied with current gun laws, 43%, or think they should be loosened, 5%.

These findings are based on two questions in Gallup’s annual Mood of the Nation survey, conducted Jan. 7-10. The first asks respondents if they are satisfied or dissatisfied with the nation’s laws or policies on guns. Those saying they are dissatisfied are asked a follow-up question to determine whether they think the laws should be made more strict, made less strict, or kept as they are. As a result, the 38% who are dissatisfied and want stricter gun laws indicates not only a preference for stricter gun laws but a certain amount of intensity of feeling on the subject.

http://www.gallup.com/poll/159824/americans-dissatisfaction-gun-laws-spikes.aspx?utm_source=alert&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=syndication&utm_content=morelink&utm_term=All%20Gallup%20Headlines

How interesting.

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
  • Roger Bacon tries to be witty and fails
Re: Gallup: More Americans satisfied than dissatisfied with current gun laws
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2013, 06:27:08 PM »
I hope to hell this is accurate!

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2013, 06:44:15 PM »
I hope to hell this is accurate!

There are polls to support both claims. Like I said in the other thread: if "everyone" wanted more control, then the W.H. wouldn't have to resort to an executive order to bypass the usual routes. There are more people resistant to it than just the ones in Congress.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2013, 06:55:43 PM »
i dont concern myself with what the public thinks about this issue.

any repub congressman that lets a bill thru will get wrecked in primaries.  it's that simple.  they'll leave it alone.

obama can talk to suck up to his base and get his ideology "out there".... but until the Gop congress approves something, i'm not worried.

Fury

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2013, 07:15:10 PM »
i dont concern myself with what the public thinks about this issue.

any repub congressman that lets a bill thru will get wrecked in primaries.  it's that simple.  they'll leave it alone.

obama can talk to suck up to his base and get his ideology "out there".... but until the Gop congress approves something, i'm not worried.

Your opinion on this topic is not relevant. You guaranteed that Obama would not touch gun control. You said he wouldn't even entertain the idea of it. You were completely wrong.

Your posts means nothing if he tries to go the executive order route. And I don't care whether it's legal or not. You GUARANTEED that he wouldn't even broach the issue.

240 is Back

• Getbig V

Fury

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2013, 07:31:48 PM »
what i'm asking is....

what changes can he make?

http://www.politico.com/story/2013/01/biden-guns-executive-actions-86187.html?hp=t1_3

Irrelevant to what I'm discussing. You guaranteed that he would never even entertain the idea of gun control, yet here we are.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2013, 07:39:00 PM »
Irrelevant to what I'm discussing. You guaranteed that he would never even entertain the idea of gun control, yet here we are.

he won re-election.   second term, he doesnt care about political capital or future.

I was assured by getbiggers there was no way he'd ever win re-election.  I was under the assumption that president romney would be taking over any minute.

Fury

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2013, 07:53:58 PM »
he won re-election.   second term, he doesnt care about political capital or future.

I was assured by getbiggers there was no way he'd ever win re-election.  I was under the assumption that president romney would be taking over any minute.

And here comes the excuses. You guaranteed he would never touch it. You didn't stipulate that he wouldn't touch it until after re-election. Nice try.

garebear

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Never question my instincts.
« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2013, 02:21:12 AM »
Of course Americans are satisfied with it.

What's to fix? Everything is humming along swimmingly.
G

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #10 on: January 15, 2013, 04:31:54 AM »
gallup  :D :D :D :D :D :D need we say more

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: January 15, 2013, 04:40:38 AM »
gallup  :D :D :D :D :D :D need we say more
If you don't want to be banned or keep having your posts deleted or moved, saying more could be a good idea for you.

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #12 on: January 15, 2013, 04:57:20 AM »
If you don't want to be banned or keep having your posts deleted or moved, saying more could be a good idea for you.

seems you have forgoten about the pres. elections,their polls were so far off it was comical,or is it you don,t like my post because it falls against your opinion   hmmmmmm

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: January 15, 2013, 05:34:01 AM »
seems you have forgoten about the pres. elections,their polls were so far off it was comical,or is it you don,t like my post because it falls against your opinion   hmmmmmm
No, it's because you have an abundance of posts that don't say a fucking thing.  When 90 percent of your replies in threads look like they are only intended as a one hit jab and run for the hills, you might get a comment like mine from a mod.

I don't have a problem with Gallup so it's not bias lol... 

"Gallup cheesy face cheesy face nothing else to say...." yea, less trolling would be good.

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: January 15, 2013, 02:05:25 PM »

see here in lies the issue, circumstances change, as should positions based on facts and logic. If you hold people to absolutes regardless of the environment then it will be a slow progression.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: January 15, 2013, 02:31:55 PM »
see here in lies the issue, circumstances change, as should positions based on facts and logic. If you hold people to absolutes regardless of the environment then it will be a slow progression.
When talking about life altering legislation a fast and furious action shouldn't be used...

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
  • Roger Bacon tries to be witty and fails
« Reply #16 on: January 15, 2013, 02:39:38 PM »

It takes millions of years for human nature to change, we're still the same people we were in 1789 and the need for the 2nd Amendment is just as valid as it was then.