Author Topic: Is Christianity still relevant in today's world?  (Read 2276 times)

OlympiaGym

• Getbig IV
  • they/them/their
Is Christianity still relevant in today's world?
« on: December 24, 2017, 12:24:59 AM »
As the celebration of the birthday of Christ rapidly approaches I wonder whether Christianity is even relevant in today's world. Europe is mostly secular and the US is not far behind. Some countries pretend that Christianity actually matters but it's mostly window dressing. Islam now seems to be the major religious force in today's world. What says the English-speaking bodybuilding community?

QuietYou

Re: Is Christianity still relevant in today's world?
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2017, 12:27:11 AM »
As the celebration of the birthday of Christ rapidly approaches I wonder whether Christianity is even relevant in today's world. Europe is mostly secular and the US is not far behind. Some countries pretend that Christianity actually matters but it's mostly window dressing. Islam now seems to be the major religious force in today's world. What says the English-speaking bodybuilding community?

Catholic church still holds a following of over a billion if that puts things in better perspective

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2017, 12:29:29 AM »
It's absolutely window dressing here.

Fortress

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2017, 12:29:45 AM »
I believe in the values of Christianity, but I do not believe in a sky wizard. Our nations were largely founded on these values. Contrary thinking, such as Islam, does not belong. Period.

Tennisballz

• Getbig IV
  • You CANNOT be serious!
« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2017, 01:15:12 AM »
Christianity has 2 billion followers.  islam is 2nd with 1.3 billion followers.  That's what a google search yielded.  Judging by the numbers, it's the most relevant religion in the world.

OlympiaGym

• Getbig IV
  • they/them/their
« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2017, 07:21:28 AM »
Christianity has 2 billion followers.  islam is 2nd with 1.3 billion followers.  That's what a google search yielded.  Judging by the numbers, it's the most relevant religion in the world.

I'm not sure the numbers tell the whole story. Plenty of people identify as Christian but how many actually "walk the walk." The vehement orthodoxy of so many adherents of the Islamic faith seems to make it a much more relevant belief system in today's global society.

Zillotch

• Getbig V
  • the smoke of their torment ascendeth up for ever
« Reply #6 on: December 24, 2017, 07:27:02 AM »
Christianity is the most important concern known to man

Dokey111

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: December 24, 2017, 07:28:17 AM »
Nowadays if you are a non-jew caucasian, you are a Christian by default

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: December 24, 2017, 07:32:32 AM »

statistics also indicate Islam will be the most predominant in the near future

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
  • Isaiah40:28-31 ✝ Romans10:9 ✝ 1Peter3:15
« Reply #9 on: December 24, 2017, 04:35:39 PM »
LOL you all get a pass until 2018...MERRY CHRISTMAS!

FREAKgeek

• Getbig V
  • Fan of the Golden Era
« Reply #10 on: December 24, 2017, 04:59:12 PM »

Christmas belongs to anyone who wants it, and just because I gave up believing in a god doesn’t mean I gave up believing in the love and joy of family. I did not give up the joy of celebration with my abandonment of the absurd. So to my religious and non-religious friends, I wish them all a Merry Christmas or a Happy Hanukkah from the heart and I hope they take it with the true spirit with which I give it – that of the spirt of humanity – something we can all celebrate.

-Richard Dawkins

Christians don't own December.

-Herman Mehta

Kwon

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #11 on: December 25, 2017, 07:58:11 AM »

I'd say it's more relevant than ever with the rise of the new Ottoman Empire.

We need a new Crusade for 2018!
Q

The Scott

• Getbig V
  • I'm a victim of soicumcision!!
« Reply #12 on: December 25, 2017, 09:34:24 AM »
There is nothing wrong with the teachings of the Nazarene and those that faithfuylly follow the Christ are the very definition of faith.   My fellow atheists are for the greater part, assholes.  Go pick on islam instead, fucktards.  John used to say that Christians may well die for their faith but muslims will kill for theirs. 

What Jesus of Nazareth taught is more than relevant.  Compare his teachings,  his words, his very life to that of the profit hoMohammed and anyone with a brain can see the difference in a man of peace and a homicidal, egotistical, fucking retard. 

Jesus for the win.

Merry Christmas to those that believe and to any that choose not to, try being polite to those that do.  If not, go fuck yourselves.

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
« Reply #13 on: December 25, 2017, 05:46:15 PM »
 8)

10pints

• Getbig IV
« Reply #14 on: December 26, 2017, 02:24:59 AM »
Religion is so obviously flawed. It never ceases to amaze me as to how people fall for such blatant nonsense. Merry Christmas!

_bruce_

• Getbig V
  • Sam Sesambröt Sulek
« Reply #15 on: December 26, 2017, 09:15:40 AM »
Not really but there are some "radical" strongholds.

beard

• Getbig II
« Reply #16 on: December 26, 2017, 09:38:36 AM »

Notomorrow

• Getbig IV
« Reply #17 on: December 26, 2017, 09:46:25 AM »
All perception.Christianity is VERY strong throughout America..just that Coastal places like New york and los Angeles are so liberal and control the media so the perception is that religion has lost influence when thats not true.

Why Trump both in campaign and in office references God frequently..even does prayers...despite him being quite secular before running for office.

He knows how important Christiaty is to ALOT of Americans.

OlympiaGym

• Getbig IV
  • they/them/their
« Reply #19 on: December 26, 2017, 02:59:09 PM »
All perception.Christianity is VERY strong throughout America..just that Coastal places like New york and los Angeles are so liberal and control the media so the perception is that religion has lost influence when thats not true.

Why Trump both in campaign and in office references God frequently..even does prayers...despite him being quite secular before running for office.

He knows how important Christiaty is to ALOT of Americans.

Yet they turn to opioids, not Christianity, when times get tough.

Mr.1derful

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: December 26, 2017, 03:41:52 PM »

Christmas itself isn't even Christian.

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #21 on: December 26, 2017, 04:10:08 PM »
I'd say it's more relevant than ever with the rise of the new Ottoman Empire.

We need a new Crusade for 2018!