Author Topic: GOLDS GYM EVERETT (Demayo,Matarazzo and a slew of great national level guys)  (Read 35153 times)

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
Some good names on there Mike. Hard to believe Palumbo beat Freeman - they must be about the same age.
8/16 TURNED PRO NICE,,,,

michael arvilla

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • facebook.com/michael.arvilla
Cool pics Mike

thx!  ................... (try and post sum more)

mass 04

• Getbig V
The Kennedy's
Ted Williams
Mike Arvilla

All Massachusetts Royalty.

michael arvilla

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
The Kennedy's
Ted Williams
Mike Arvilla

All Massachusetts Royalty.

LOL!

;D

mass 04

• Getbig V
                            LOL!

;D
Jay Cutler is having a show in dt Boston next month. Some guys from the gym want to go. Maybe i'll get my schmoe on?

kimura

• Getbig III
Awesome pics Mike.  I miss that place.  Is that Stan in the pics of Mike and Linda Matarazzo?

michael arvilla

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
Awesome pics Mike.  I miss that place.  Is that Stan in the pics of Mike and Linda Matarazzo?
  yes! 

you know Stan!?!??!?!?!?

michael arvilla

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
Good to hear, alot of chicken and potatoe meals ahead  ;D
I hope she is better after the sleep, say hi  :)
good luck bro  8)

will do  thx!

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
  • Go back to making jewelry and cakes with your girl
 :o

michael arvilla

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
Also Steve Cantone was the "face" for GNC ads in the early to mid 1990s (lemme see if i remember how the ad goes)

"Why are we giving bodybuilders 25% off every day?..............because we are afraid not to!"

(and they used a pic of Steve in a tank top)
pretty good for a local kid from Everett!!!!!!!

michael arvilla

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V

gib

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
How did Paul die?

michael arvilla

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V

michael arvilla

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
Lisa (good friend and part of that whole Everett Golds Gym "Crew")

Ron

• Getbigistrator
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
1. Jay Cutler
2. Tom Prince
3. Orville Burke
4. Dave Palumbo
5. Darrell Terrell
6. Ronnie Adams
7. George Turmon
8. Bob Cicherillo
9. Earl Crosswhite, Jr.
10. Lucio Paolini
11. Shahriar (King) Kamali
12. Jeff Gauthier
13. Bill Wilmore
14. Joel Cutulle
15. James Buford
16. Marc Puschbak
16. Jason Miller
16. Rusty Jeffers
16. Bob James
16. Toney Freeman
16. Anthony Best
16. Bernard Sheeley, Jr.

Looking at the list, I am amazed on how many have turned pro, and their impact on bodybuilding.   Great thread in terms of history, as sometimes my favorite board is the History Board here.

clued-up

• Getbig V

these guys look like trouble.

michael arvilla

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
Looking at the list, I am amazed on how many have turned pro, and their impact on bodybuilding.   Great thread in terms of history, as sometimes my favorite board is the History Board here.

Thx Ron!   (Lotta guys on that list should have turned "Pro" ....Marriage/Family/Injuries/"Real-Life"/Father Time and shifting priorities have changed many a life from those carefree days when all we did was "Lift/Eat and Rest" .......now everyone is splintered and scattered everywhere,but ill never forget that magical time/place in my life!)

michael arvilla

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V

these guys look like trouble.

lol ......you got that right!    ;D

kiwiol

• Getbig V
  • Who is John Galt?
ill never forget that magical time/place in my life!

There is a huge change in perspective when one comes across forums like Getbig. It's eye-opening in one way, but the "magic" or awe also disappears completely. When I started following bodybuilding from the early 90s on, I'd get nearly all of my info and gossip through the mags like FLEX, which made the sport and characters seem interesting and dignified. Even back then, I was never naive enough to believe that the supplements that bodybuilders endorsed were the only reason why they all looked so unbelievable and even the mags themselves never denied the drug issue, although they downplayed it big time.

But now after discovering Getbig and seeing all those guys get torn a new one by every nameless nobody out there in the name of fun or trolling or serious debating to deny their accomplishment and get a point across, it's a huge letdown. Back then, bodybuilding was pure and almost sacred - not the actual competitions or even the competitors themselves, but the journey and all it entailed. And now we have Kai Greene f*cking grapefruits and Jay being compared to a fridge, LMAO!

The RedMeatKid

• Getbig IV
Let's see:  DeMayo is dead, Matarazzo is a shadow of his former self with a bad heart, the others have faded into obscurity...I'm not sure what to make of this thread, other than that steroids kill.
(

The ChemistV2

• Getbig IV
This does not look like a guy that becomes a heroin addict. What the hell was he thinking?

Smokincrazy

• Getbig IV
  • owned,meltdown,epic......
Plus there is a huge change in perspective when one comes across forums like Getbig. It's eye-opening in one way, but the "magic" or awe also disappears completely. When I started following bodybuilding from the early 90s on, I'd get nearly all of my info and gossip through the mags like FLEX, which made the sport and characters seem interesting and dignified. Even back then, I was never naive enough to believe that the supplements that bodybuilders endorsed were the only reason why they all looked so unbelievable and even the mags themselves never denied the drug issue, although they downplayed it big time.

But now after discovering Getbig and seeing all those guys get torn a new one by every nameless nobody out there in the name of fun or trolling or serious debating to deny their accomplishment and get a point across, it's a huge letdown. Back then, bodybuilding was pure and almost sacred - not the actual competitions or even the competitors, but the journey and all it entailed. And now we have Kai Greene f*cking grapefruits and Jay being compared to a fridge, LMAO!
Kiwi I aggree.  It's changing for the worst

michael arvilla

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
A Profile on Lucio/And the Boston Bodybuilding scene

Smokincrazy

• Getbig IV
  • owned,meltdown,epic......
Let's see:  DeMayo is dead, Matarazzo is a shadow of his former self with a bad heart, the others have faded into obscurity...I'm not sure what to make of this thread, other than that steroids kill.
Demayo is dead from a  rec drug OD.  People fade into obscurity in ALL parts of life.  What's your point?  Your not needed on this thread.  That wore out antisteroid crusader cry is not needed here.  This thread is about a cool Golds Gym in Mass.  that produced alot of bodybuilders

kimura

• Getbig III
  yes! 

you know Stan!?!??!?!?!?

Oh yeah - he's my brother-in-law.