Author Topic: ASK Mr TAIWAN? Q&A Thread  (Read 1504599 times)

smaul

• Getbig IV
  • Lets build some hurting bombs!
Re: ASK Mr TAIWAN? Q&A Thread
« Reply #100 on: April 16, 2007, 12:10:29 AM »
93???  :o
amazing!
It hasn't helped...

musclecenter

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Mr.Taiwan
« Reply #101 on: April 18, 2007, 07:50:12 AM »
Recently I see one post about  Jack LaLanne’s Power Juicer in getbig.com.
When I was young ,I know that Jack Lalanne is one of great bodybuilders !
And I adopt his advice to drink orange juice everyday's morning since 20 years ago .
Oranges are only winter's produce in Taiwan,the rest of year we import from U.S.and Australia .

........................ ........................ ......
Jack LaLanne’s Power Juicer:http://www.powerjuicer.com/

musclecenter

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Mr.Taiwan
« Reply #102 on: April 20, 2007, 06:18:27 AM »
(Originally posted by www.jsonline.com/story/index.aspx?id=593825,By AMY RABIDEAU SILVERS,)
Posted: April 19, 2007
Bodybuilder knew dangers of steroids

Whatever the death certificate lists as a cause of death, Norman "Rocky" Rauch knew what the real cause of death would be.
A champion weightlifter and bodybuilder, Rauch long abused steroids. Years later, he talked to anybody who would listen about the risks.

Rauch's own medical problems began in 1971, with boils over his entire body. Blood tests found a staph infection, severe liver damage and a diminished immune system.
It would be just the beginning of his health problems - and steroid abuse.

"I think about all I went through since I took that stuff," he said. "I have boxes of trophies, over 200 of them. I look at that and say, 'Was it really all worth it?' Would I take all of that and melt it down and cash out a clean bill of health, swap it out?
"I mean, if I could I would. But I can't."

Rauch died of heart failure April 11. He was 65.

A native of Allentown, Pa., he came to Wisconsin in 1960, assigned to the U.S. Air Force's Truax Field in Madison. In 1984, Lake Geneva became home.

Rauch first started using steroids in the late 1960s, while in the Air Force and training to try to make the 1968 U.S. Olympic weightlifting team. The team physician handed out pills and told the lifters to take two a day for eight weeks, he said.

"We didn't know what they were," Rauch told Gary D'Amato, Journal Sentinel sports reporter, in 2005. "They were little blue pills; dianabol. Oh, yeah, they worked. I got stronger."

He cycled on and off those pills for three years, getting stronger and stronger. Then came the boils.

"I asked the doctor what my choice was," Rauch said. "He said, 'Quit and live or take them and die.' "

Rauch quit and tried unsuccessfully to make the 1976 Olympic team. He turned to bodybuilding, winning a Mr. Wisconsin title.

Later he began "stacking," the risky practice of combining pills and shots. He was looking good, including in the over-40 division of 1982 Mr. America competition.

Even more happened in 1983, as he used more drugs.

The best thing was meeting the former Trudy Thompson, who became his wife in 1987. The worst was episodes of "roid rage" from the steroids. He won the Mr. America title, but immediately admitted to Trudy that he had been using.

No more, he promised her.

Rauch kept that promise for three years.

"Then I caught him with a needle in his butt," Trudy Rauch said.

He again promised to quit. One week later, he woke with a lump in his neck the size of a golf ball. It was malignant.

Other health problems followed. Basil cell carcinomas and non-Hodgkin's lymphoma. Cancer treatments and a bone-marrow transplant. A staph infection that damaged his kidneys, followed by years of dialysis. Arthritis and heart trouble and bouts with depression.

He and his wife ran Rocky's Gym in Lake Geneva, where Rauch preached the message against steroids.

"I really don't want to see anyone else go through what I did," Rauch said. "I could have avoided all that."

He also became a presence in the community, active with the Rotary and the American Legion.

"My daughter, Jody, said he came into a small community, not knowing anyone, and now everybody knows him," Trudy said. "He got involved and cared about his community."

Survivors also include daughters Sally Rauch, Jennifer Humphrey and Jody Brock; mother Dorothy; brother Charles; and grandchildren.

Visitation was held Thursday. A brief visitation will be held at 10 a.m. today at Trinity Evangelical Lutheran Church, W775 Geranium Road, Pell Lake. The funeral service will follow at 11 a.m.

Pic 1 :seen here at age 42 in 1984 - used steroids to form his physique.
pic 2:Norman "Rocky" Rauch -in 2005

musclecenter

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Mr.Taiwan
« Reply #103 on: April 26, 2007, 07:39:10 AM »
Today someone has posted in getbig---Who is still "reading" Flex or MD? or Why Muscle mags have no future?
I know internet has more  information than magazines.
But as live in non-English speaking countries like Taiwan, Flex and other mags still are main information of bodybuilding.
I have read American bodybuilding mags like old MD ,Strength & Health ,IronMan ,Musclebuilder....since early 1970s.

(This pic taken today)

musclecenter

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Mr.Taiwan
« Reply #104 on: April 28, 2007, 08:57:58 AM »
Here are 2 pics of my gym member,Mr.Lyn.
He has trained 7 months only !!
Bodyweight from 68 to 80 kgs.
Bench-press from 30 kgs to 90kgs X 5 reps.
Full-squats  from 40 kgs  to 150kgs X 3 reps ,(regularly 70-80kgs X 20 reps X 10 SETS !!!!)
No supplements ,natural food only  and diet not very strictly !!
But this young guy follow my principle ---High Intensity training (no rest,high volumes)

##the left photo taken 4 months ago(after 3 months training),the right photo taken today (after 7 months training)

smaul

• Getbig IV
  • Lets build some hurting bombs!
« Reply #105 on: April 29, 2007, 11:42:29 PM »
Very impressive!  How old is he?
It hasn't helped...

musclecenter

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Mr.Taiwan
« Reply #106 on: April 29, 2007, 11:55:19 PM »
24 years young!

AVBG

« Reply #107 on: April 30, 2007, 03:29:34 AM »
wow.. amazing. He is a true reflection on his coach!

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #108 on: April 30, 2007, 07:16:24 AM »

:-\

hardkor

• Getbig II
« Reply #109 on: April 30, 2007, 09:18:34 PM »
Can you elaborate on your training?  High-Intensity, NO-Rest.  So how many seconds do you rest in between sets?  Is it the same with Squats?  And High Volume....how many sets are you talking about?  Do you train everyday?  What is your workout split/routine? 

Thanks!

musclecenter

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Mr.Taiwan
« Reply #110 on: May 01, 2007, 03:24:29 AM »
Can you elaborate on your training?  High-Intensity, NO-Rest.  So how many seconds do you rest in between sets?  Is it the same with Squats?  And High Volume....how many sets are you talking about?  Do you train everyday?  What is your workout split/routine? 

Thanks!
I think I posted my workout routine before .
Anyway I train 4 days in a row ,as following :
#1 ,chest & back ,abs
#2,shoulders  ,abs
#3,arms ,abs
#4,legs
(usually 4 days on,1 day off ,Sat & Sun train too)
........................ ........................ .......
I never time how many seconds I rest in between sets,try NO-Rest !!
And I don't count how many sets !big muscles like chest ,back maybe 20-30 sets .
For legs ,I have posted before ,Squats to PUKE !! Ha.. Ha ....

........................ ......................
Milos Sarcev said before :90 % of the people fail mentally , not physically,
because mentally they think that they're at their limit when they feel great pain ,but they can do more !!

hardkor

• Getbig II
« Reply #111 on: May 01, 2007, 10:29:58 AM »
Thanks for the info!  So you're not resting AT ALL in between sets??  Are you doing the GIANT set workouts Milos is known for?  I could imagine that your weights must be pretty light if you're not resting in between your sets.  Could you give us an example of a Chest workout maybe?

Thanks again...keep up the awesome work!!

musclecenter

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Mr.Taiwan
« Reply #112 on: May 02, 2007, 08:34:52 AM »
Thanks for the info!  So you're not resting AT ALL in between sets??  Are you doing the GIANT set workouts Milos is known for?  I could imagine that your weights must be pretty light if you're not resting in between your sets.  Could you give us an example of a Chest workout maybe?

Thanks again...keep up the awesome work!!
Chest workout :
#bench-press supersets with cable fly ,12-15 sets
#Smith-machine incline press ,5-8 sets
#Smith-machine decline press (or dips on bars),4-6 sets

........................ ...................
When I train ,my gym's young guys call me "crazy old man"

Sometime I try giant-sets ,but I favour supersets!
Anyway bodybuilding is HOW you lift ? not how much you lift ?

musclecenter

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Mr.Taiwan
« Reply #113 on: May 15, 2007, 09:23:35 AM »
According to Los Angeles Times - May 15 12:43 AM
By Bob Pool, Times Staff Writer

Bill Howard, a longtime promoter at Venice's Muscle Beach, has been banned from this season's contests. His ouster has roiled the bodybuilding community.

Bill Howard says he's no 98-pound weakling sitting on the beach, waiting for a he-man to kick sand in his face.

Joe Wheatley says he's no biceps-bulging bully trying to muscle in on someone else's place in the sun.

That's the short version of the ego flexing taking place between a veteran weightlifting champion and a younger promoter as this year's bodybuilding season approaches at Venice's Muscle Beach.

After more than four decades of staging summertime muscleman contests at the famed tourist attraction, the 73-year-old Howard has been banned from the weightlifting platform that stands beneath Muscle Beach's symbolic oversized concrete barbells.

Los Angeles parks officials advised Howard that the city "has decided to change direction with regard to future bodybuilding events" at the Venice Beach boardwalk.

"You will no longer be asked to narrate the History of Muscle Beach at the show. The Bill Howard Award will no longer be given at the shows. The Medallion Ceremony will be completed by a representative from Recreation and Parks" and not by Howard, parks authorities advised him in writing in mid-March.

Howard was told he could attend the show "as a member of the public" but would no longer be allowed backstage or in participants' or VIP areas.

His sudden ouster has roiled Muscle Beach, where Howard began pumping iron in the 1950s. He is credited with helping revive the beachside bodybuilding scene after lifters were kicked off Santa Monica's original Muscle Beach.

"I've given my entire life to Muscle Beach Venice, and they're kicking me out the door,"
said Howard, a Costa Mesa resident who still works as a personal trainer. He vows he is not about to go down without a fight.

"I'm in competition shape," he said. "I'm going to be 74 and I'm damned proud of how I look. I live the Muscle Beach philosophy. The sanctions against me are vindictiveness."

Starting in 1963, Howard — without pay — organized and emceed shows at Muscle Beach each Memorial Day, Fourth of July and Labor Day.

He saw the beach through its toughest time in the early 1980s, as facilities crumbled and interest faded. Howard recalled that one year, there wasn't any money for trophies, so he asked Arnold Schwarzenegger and Franco Columbo to go home and "get some of their own trophies to donate. They did, and we had a show."

He led a campaign to get Los Angeles officials to designate the weightlifting area "Muscle Beach Venice" and in 1991 helped secure $500,000 in funding to construct a training area and stage.

Howard stepped aside as the shows' promoter and master of ceremonies in 2003 while recovering from throat cancer. That's when Wheatley, 20 years his junior, took over promotional duties.

Since then, Wheatley's backers say, he has expanded the shows' scope, drawing more sponsors and participants. Wheatley created an award in Howard's name to give to the shows' top male and female competitors and oversaw Howard's induction into the Muscle Beach Hall of Fame in 2005.

Wheatley, 52, of Glendale, said that as Venice's Muscle Beach grew, Howard simply wouldn't change with the times.

"I've said over and over that without Bill Howard, we wouldn't be here today," Wheatley said. "But it comes a time for everyone to step aside. The program is bigger than Bill. It's evolved."

But Wheatley also blamed "ego and narcissism" on Howard's part. "We couldn't get the microphone out of his hands," he said. "The last thing he said to the audience was, 'I'm not in this for the money; I'm in this for the sport.' That was a personal attack on me. I do this for a living. Joe Wheatley Productions. I do bring in money."

City officials have sided with Wheatley.

Lydia Ritzman, the city's principal recreation supervisor, who ordered Howard's removal, said there was a personality clash between Howard and Wheatley.

"It got to the point [where] Bill would come in at the 11th hour and undo things Joe had done. These events don't need that kind of drama," Ritzman said.

"Joe asked for some cooperation from Bill. For some reason Bill couldn't do that."

Devotees of Muscle Beach and bodybuilding said they are caught in the middle.

"Without his enthusiasm, it would have died out. Bill did an excellent job," said Gene Mozee, a Culver City powerlifter who has written about the sport and edited bodybuilding magazines.

But Mozee also had praise for Wheatley. "He's really revved up the participation and enthusiasm. True, Joe makes a living at this. But he pays the city a fee and pays his own people to do work."

Schwarzenegger, who in his early days pumped iron in Venice, issued a statement in 2004 from the governor's office praising Howard for his dedication to the bodybuilding community as he was battling cancer. "There is no obstacle you can't overcome," the governor wrote. On Monday, his spokesman said Schwarzenegger was busy in meetings and unavailable to comment on Howard's ouster.

Meanwhile, the Muscle Beach battle is heating up.

Wheatley said Howard threatened to picket the approaching Memorial Day holiday show. The Muscle Beach International Classic is scheduled for May 27-28. Officials want to eventually build a Wall of Fame saluting the greats of Muscle Beach, with Howard likely to be among the first honorees.

But "if he causes a big ruckus on May 28, then that plaque is going to go," Wheatley warned. "He should tread very lightly."

As for Howard, he says he has spent a lifetime of heavy lifting for a sport that has had more than its share of ups and downs. In his view, only dumbbells would bar him now from Muscle Beach.

"It's like telling Babe Ruth he can't go to Yankee Stadium."

(Photos courtesy of www.latimes.com. Wally Skalij / LAT & Mel Melcon / LAT)

musclecenter

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Mr.Taiwan
« Reply #114 on: May 23, 2007, 06:20:36 AM »
The ‘natural’ choice
According to NWAnews.com of Northwest Arkansas Times
By Jeff Mores Staff Writer

BENTONVILLE — Steroids. Human-growth hormones. Illegal supplements. And, of course, Barry Bonds.

Competitors are always looking for ways to gain an advantage over opponents. Joe Wilson doesn’t consider himself a big baseball fan, but he has experienced the frustration that goes along with attempting to compete when the playing field is anything but level. For six years, Wilson, now a teacher at Bentonville High School, was a competitive bodybuilder. He competed across the region, with his most notable accomplishment coming in 2004 when he won the Northwest Arkansas Classic, earning him the title of Mr. Northwest Arkansas.
What made that accomplishment so significant was that Wilson is a “ natural” bodybuilder. He has always made a point of steering clear of steroids and any other performance-enhancing drugs. For that reason, the victories he was able to claim during his competitive bodybuilding career were few and far between.

“ I actually won the novice division at the first competition I ever entered, and that really got me excited, ” Wilson said. “ So I started working harder and harder to get stronger and better. But I’d go to these competitions, and it seemed like I was getting smaller and smaller for some reason. ”

Wilson wasn’t getting smaller. Instead, many of his competitors were getting bigger — at twice the rate because they were taking illegal or unnatural products that gave them a decided advantage, Wilson said.

“ I knew the work I was putting in, and it got extremely frustrating, ” Wilson said. “ I wasn’t going to put that garbage into my body, but there was no way I could compete because these guys were getting to be so massive. It was a freak show. There was nothing natural about that. ”

Wilson made a big statement when he overcame those hurdles to win the Mr. Northwest Arkansas title in 2004. But now he’s taking things a step further, coordinating Arkansas’ only natural bodybuilding competition.

On June 9, the Arend Arts Center at Bentonville High School will play host to the first Northwest Arkansas Bodybuilding, Figure and Xtreme Fitness Championships. The competition was designed to draw bodybuilders from across the state and beyond. But there’s one requirement. Every entrant must be natural.

“ We have a great venue, and something like this has been needed for so long, ” Wilson said. “ This is doing it right. I’m trying to bring some respect to bodybuilding and set a great example for the kids I’m around at BHS and for anyone who’s into bodybuilding. ”

The registration period for this new competition will remain open through Friday. Anyone interested in participating can print an application at www. nwarkansasnatural. com. Entries must be postmarked by Friday. Tickets are also being sold to spectators.

The Northwest Arkansas Bodybuilding, Figure and Xtreme Fitness Championships will feature shows in the morning and afternoon. At 8: 30 a. m. June 9, there will be a prejudging show, when judges will view all of the competitors for the first time. At 5 p. m., competitors will return to the stage for the entertainment portion of the event, where they flex, get the crown going and compete for the crown.

John Burnett, a northwest Arkansas resident, bodybuilder and personal trainer, was among the first people to register for the competition. He believes the event sends an important message.

“ Offering this competition should help so many young kids see they can excel in a sport without performance-enhancing substances, ” Burnett said. “ This competition is natural, so it’s all about hard work and discipline. Joe is creating an opportunity for everyone else who works hard and remains natural to compete and excel. ”

The competition is one of a growing number of natural bodybuilding shows supported by the North American Natural Bodybuilding Federation.

“ You always have the choice to make the right, natural, healthy and drug-free choice, ” Wilson said. “ That’s what this is all about. ”

AVBG

« Reply #115 on: May 23, 2007, 01:54:12 PM »
Hey Coach.. You're very inspiring.. when are you going to compete next?

musclecenter

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Mr.Taiwan
« Reply #116 on: May 23, 2007, 08:10:20 PM »
Hey Coach.. You're very inspiring.. when are you going to compete next?
I really don't know when am I going to  compete again .
My last contest was Taiwan's Game in 2005,which I placed 2nd in heavyweight(all competitors half my age).
Anyway I still plan guestposing in Taiwan and Japan .

Acerimmer1

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #117 on: May 24, 2007, 03:12:29 PM »
The one problem I have that I'm not sure how to solve. Is that even though my chest is now pretty big. It tends to fade too much in the front double biceps shot. Any ideas, or will I just need to build my chest even larger?

musclecenter

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Mr.Taiwan
« Reply #118 on: May 24, 2007, 08:32:41 PM »
The one problem I have that I'm not sure how to solve. Is that even though my chest is now pretty big. It tends to fade too much in the front double biceps shot. Any ideas, or will I just need to build my chest even larger?
You need more definitions on chest ,especial outerlines.
So you can add some details exercises such as dips,cable fly ,cable cross-over....etc.
You shoud have muscles with definitions ,chiselled...,then you can strike any pose you want .
Big not always the best !
Peoples don't care you measurements,just how you look .right ?
I always say bodybuilding  basically is  appearance ,not performence .

AVBG

« Reply #119 on: May 24, 2007, 08:44:49 PM »

DIPS WILL HELP!

musclecenter

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Mr.Taiwan
« Reply #120 on: May 28, 2007, 10:04:27 PM »
According to washingtonpost.com
Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Texas Steroid Testing in Governor's Hands
Texas public high school athletes would face mandatory random steroid testing under a bill given final approval yesterday by the state legislature and sent to Gov. Rick Perry.

more details :http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2007/05/28/AR2007052801090.html

hardkor

• Getbig II
« Reply #121 on: June 07, 2007, 05:13:59 PM »
MC,

curios about your diet as well.  saw the posted pics of your mcdonalds burgers amd your shrimp dish.  can you give us an outline of your daily meal plan as well as your theory on protein/carb/fat ratio??

thanks for being a great inspiration and role model!

musclecenter

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Mr.Taiwan
« Reply #122 on: June 09, 2007, 07:44:51 AM »
MC,

curios about your diet as well.  saw the posted pics of your mcdonalds burgers amd your shrimp dish.  can you give us an outline of your daily meal plan as well as your theory on protein/carb/fat ratio??

thanks for being a great inspiration and role model!

My daily meals as following :

meal 1 (breakfast)--- whey protein mixed with flash orange juice & yogurt milk(1000cc),full wheat bread.

meal 2 -----2 big McDonalds burgers(no salt,no sauce or dressing,no oil) with green tea ,banana or fruit.

( drink whey protein after workout,if I train)

meal 3------shrimp noodle or beef  noodle (as following pic) ,banana or fruit(like water melon).

meal 4(before sleep)------whey protein mixed with flash orange juice & yogurt milk(500cc)

##daily protein intake about 120-150 g only

##believe or not ,I never touch sauce .

musclecenter

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Mr.Taiwan
« Reply #123 on: June 15, 2007, 07:21:25 AM »
Here is a female natural bodybuilder's story:

According to Florida Today ,Jun 14 (floridatoday.com)
BY HILLARD GROSSMAN
FLORIDA TODAY

NDIAN HARBOUR BEACH - You could bounce a quarter off Karen Cramer's glacier-like abs and probably get change.

The 52-year-old mother of two, with more energy than a couple of Energizer bunnies, is proud of her rippled physique.

"Check out those calf muscles," she says, flexing her right leg and showing off a pattern of capillaries and veins that sort of resemble a road map of Rhode Island.

She's in the gym by 6 a.m. six days a week, hasn't eaten a Whopper in about seven years and feels like she's in the best shape of her life.
A few weeks ago, she won the Lightweight Open and Top Overall Female awards at the Hawk's Gym Brevard County Bodybuilding Contest at Eau Gallie High's auditorium.

"I was in a state of shock," she said. "I was so nervous. No matter what you see, I'm very scared on the inside, like maybe I'm not good enough."

It was Cramer's first competitive appearance in seven years after overcoming fibromyalgia, a connective tissue disorder that results in severe pain.

"To do your best at any age is something you strive for," she said. "I've done this in my 30s and 40s. But being up there in your 50s . . . it meant a lot."

Not bad for a former flower child who grew up on Long Island, N.Y., and once hitchhiked to California wearing jeans and carrying a guitar.

"I was never athletic," she said. "I was a cheerleader in elementary school -- yecch! I hated high school sports. I was a hippie."
She admits her entire family was "big."

"I was on an ice cream diet," she said, laughing. "I always wanted to be thin, but just never knew what to do. I dieted, but the weight came back. I lifted weights, I got bulky. My life was out of balance."

Then, through trial and error, she found the proper balance -- the lessons she still teaches as a personal trainer and motivational life coach (she is a licensed clinical social worker) in her private practice, called "Coach for Life," and as a member of Our Club Health and Fitness Center.

"Finally, I found the right balance between cardio, diet and weight training," she said. "Everything in life is balanced and based on three things. It takes three points to draw a triangle. Water, light and heat are needed to make things grow. I see people try one path and wonder why it's not working. But you need all three."

Cramer is 5-foot-21/2 and 112 pounds, although she dropped to 107 for the contest, getting as "ripped" as she could be without "being deathly thin." Her body fat is a lean 5.7 percent. The American Council on Exercise classifies women as needing an essential 10-12% body fat.compared to say, baseball slugger, Barry Bonds, who once lowered his body fat from 12 to 8 percent, although reports of steroid use have been linked to him.

"I'm all natural," said Cramer, who has competed in both natural and drug-tested events. "In order to win, you need symmetry, size and definition. Well, just about everybody is bigger than me, so I have to rely on the other two."

Now, she has to compete against women who make gymnastics part of their stage routine, some in spiked heels and others who have had cosmetic enhancements.

Melbourne Beach's Sharon Schwarze, a long-time personal trainer at Our Club, has been impressed with Cramer's work ethic.

"She's very dedicated," Schwarze said, "and a good inspiration for everyone. With what she's achieved . . . I mean, if she can do what she does, then maybe I'd start thinking, 'Yeah, I can do that, too.' "

Cramer, who advertises her practice on her own Web site (KarenCramer.net) and has her Toyota Celica decorated with a photo of herself running on the beach in a sundress, usually works out for a few hours with free weights, picking up 45-pound dumbbells for the bench flys, and using 30- or 35-pound weights for arm curls.

"I'm not a weightlifter," said Cramer, who has never had a coach or who's never finished worse than second place in a bodybuilding competition. "I've learned to speed up my metabolism. When you do that, you have more energy.

"People always ask me how many sit-ups I do. It doesn't matter how many. It's the intensity and the desire, and you've got to have passion. More is not better."

She only sleeps 5 to 6 hours a night and, true to her faith, she rests on Saturday, the day of the Sabbath.

She said she eats five to seven times a day, but won't publicly disclose exactly what she consumes, although "protein, occasional chocolate and a wine glass or two" are part of her diet.

"I keep my food clean," she said. "None of that fast-food stuff. I prepare all my meals the previous day and have them all ready. It's all about discipline. Sure, if I go to a restaurant, I'll order a lean steak and a sweet potato or a plain baked potato. I see people ordering salads and just covering it up with dressing. Once you can't see the separation in your food, you're in trouble, and that's what I tell my clients."

She has many fans, including her husband, and her two children, Ethan, 19, a Marine Corps reservist who is headed to Iraq later this month, and Rachel, 22, who "doesn't do weights."

Our Club coordinator Chuck Slater, a former Marine who still has a chiseled body, enjoys Cramer's contagious, friendly personality.

"Karen is a very dynamic person, the kind who can inspire others," he said. "As pretty as she is outside, she is just as beautiful inside, a wonderful person."

"She's very motivated," said Shelly Kinner, who has trained with Cramer. "She pushes you, and she's generous with her knowledge to help you do it right."

Judging by the constant smile on her face, Cramer is enjoying life.

"I can't wait to get up in the morning -- I have to beat the sun," she said. "Tomorrow morning might be a different matter, so while some people would say party to the fullest now, I try to live the fullest through discipline."

After the bodybuilding event, she at least gets to ease back into her normal weight by gaining 5 to 10 pounds.

"I can get that right away," she said, smiling. "A couple of chocolate cakes, and I'm on my way."

Better make it three. Perfect balance, you know.

(photo courtesy of Craig Rubadoux, FLORIDA TODAY )

musclecenter

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Mr.Taiwan
« Reply #124 on: June 16, 2007, 08:52:38 PM »
hey musclecenter, usually how long take whole workout session? 1hour like chest-30min,back-30min,abs-5min etc??
thx
Yes,about 1 hour only.