Author Topic: What is wrong with people?  (Read 11432 times)

marcie999

• Getbig III
  • History is written by buggers who weren't there
Re: What is wrong with people?
« Reply #25 on: January 21, 2011, 10:44:48 PM »

which book was that?  Eat Pray Love or the Happy Cooker?

x
Linda

I am ashamed to say its Twilight by Stephenie Meyer.

My only defence was it was a word of mouth read before the fame and hype.

:-[

Ripleeeyyyyyyyyyyy

marcie999

• Getbig III
« Reply #26 on: January 21, 2011, 10:47:30 PM »
hell yeah x2

That was a great film. Haven't seen the sequel though.

:D
Ripleeeyyyyyyyyyyy

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: January 22, 2011, 08:31:42 AM »
hell yeah x2
i feel sad for the both of you  ??? ;)

Migs

• Getbig V
  • THERE WAS A FIRE FIGHT!!!!
« Reply #28 on: January 22, 2011, 05:14:37 PM »

shhh. 

marcie999

• Getbig III
« Reply #29 on: January 22, 2011, 10:57:50 PM »

Thanks, Dad.

Ripleeeyyyyyyyyyyy

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: January 22, 2011, 11:57:00 PM »
shhh. 
Thanks, Dad.

lol the words "vin diesel" and "great film" dont belong in the same sentence...

and Im a fan of the original fast and the furious...

marcie999

• Getbig III
« Reply #31 on: January 23, 2011, 12:09:37 AM »

Pitch Black was good too. It felt fresh in a cliche burdened genre and had great atmospere.

And spiffy contacts Migs and I covet.

;D
Ripleeeyyyyyyyyyyy

Migs

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: January 23, 2011, 07:41:35 PM »

ahem Saving private ryan...

Butterbean

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: January 25, 2011, 07:58:36 AM »
Pitch Black was good too.

I liked that...and "The Chronicals of Riddick" too (I think that's what it was called).
R

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: January 25, 2011, 08:08:30 AM »
ahem Saving private ryan...
LOL he said all of two words in that movie and then died  ;D

but yes that was a great movie

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: January 25, 2011, 08:09:40 AM »
I liked that...and "The Chronicals of Riddick" too (I think that's what it was called).
AARRRRGGGGHHHHHHHH

et tu bb?

Migs

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: January 25, 2011, 04:24:51 PM »
LOL he said all of two words in that movie and then died  ;D

but yes that was a great movie

still counts!  lol

marcie999

• Getbig III
« Reply #37 on: January 25, 2011, 10:22:47 PM »

Think my bro has The Chronicles Of Riddick.

I see a dvd thefting hit and run in his future. I take my job as an annoying little sister very seriously.

;D
Ripleeeyyyyyyyyyyy

Butterbean

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: January 27, 2011, 07:44:51 AM »
Think my bro has The Chronicles Of Riddick.

I see a dvd thefting hit and run in his future. I take my job as an annoying little sister very seriously.

;D

;D
R

xxxLinda

• Getbig V
  • thank you Ron & Getbig, I've had so much fun
« Reply #39 on: January 27, 2011, 08:05:25 AM »
Hi I'm back, went away for a few days, t'country, muddy wellies on the tube back to London at rush hour with home made jam was madness, they ought ban tourists from 4-6pm at Liverpool Street Station and on the Central Line.

>>>Back to the thread (I'll discuss movies and the books they're made from etc later, plus I'll converse about eyesight and genetics and so on if you wish.

I reckon it's society nowadays what is wrong with peeps.  The way they're brought up, education and so forth.  I blame the parents.

I've just come back from 4 days visiting the place I grew up in before we emigrated to Canada.  I now live in London, so I went back to Essex near Cambridge to look after my oldest friend's (we kept in touch since we were 14 and we're now almost 40 or 50) neighbours' house and lovely dogs.  

They're (I should be on the petty board) thorough breed little $1,000 each shaggy hounds.  One ran away and I thought I ought commit harikiri.

Anyways, forget the dogs, they're lovely.  Dusty came back approx midnight, dirty stop-out slut, covered in mud and burrs up to her pretty little eyebrows.  My mates were in Spain.  They brought me back a massive Euro sausage, which I can hang up and doesn't go off till March.  I said fuck me when she gave it to me.  My rich mates with houses all over are seriously rich lesbians...

My other friend is married with an intellectual Cambridge University don, both in their fifties, with an awful horrid 17 year (or how old is she now) child.  She's always been nasty to me, for like 15 years, brought up wrongly, expensive schooling, spoiled rotten, only child, thinks she's god's gift.  Despicable behaviour.  

I blame the parents 20%, modern culture and this current generation the rest.  People nowadays have no respect for our beautiful place and people, our earth; they think the world revolves around them and think nothing of others, were not brought up with any sense of 'treat others as you would wish to be treated' or polite niceness, let alone religion, morals, ethics or caring for others.

World's gone to hell in a handcart.

My friends in t'country are rich as fuck though, bake their own bread, grow their own pigs and turkeys (sadly I missed Xmas).  Fresh eggs, orchards, wellies, cute dogs, LandRovers and Jags in the garage.

dogs are Beujolais Belgiaum bluddy buggery hounds.  Really gorgeous.  Dusty (new dog bought from a breeder, she doesn't know how to be a pet, came home at midnight when I'd been standing on the road stopping traffic begging motorists to slow down, screaming "the dog's run off",

she's whiteish, yes she's microchipped.  

For the first 3 days I was walking on a leash, picking up shit in doggy bags in the mud saying who'd have a dog.

Then the teenage children showed up and I realised.  What is wrong with people is the younger generation is spoiled rotten, don't treat anyone with niceness.  I was brought up to not speak unless I had something appropriate, polite or caring to say.  Those silly funny loving loveable dogs were lovely, and I'm starting to hate people nowadays.

w8m8

« Reply #40 on: January 27, 2011, 08:37:43 AM »
Hi I'm back, I'm starting to hate people nowadays.

HI  :D

I heard this great song ... not Gnarls Barkley .. but I thought you may like it

xxxLinda

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: January 27, 2011, 08:41:31 AM »
been there done that two years ago, someone gave me the tshirt and i've since used it as a rag.

xL

thanks though, music helps.

t(h)ink his name tho was tingnting, something to do with muscle pains?  Methinks tingtings (one hit wonders) were not on that program, they were musical.  

They've lots of new bands nowadays called the xx's and the drums.  

Or Gaga's.

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: February 09, 2011, 12:49:45 PM »
Woman marries... herself!  ::)

Congratulations, you may now kiss yourself

(Reuters) - Chen Wei-yih has posed for a set of photos in a flowing white dress, enlisted a wedding planner and rented a banquet hall for a marriage celebration with 30 friends.

But there is no groom. Chen will marry herself.

Uninspired by the men she's met but facing social pressure to get married, the 30-year-old Taipei office worker will hold the reception next month in honor of just one person.

"Age thirty is a prime period for me. My work and experience are in good shape, but I haven't found a partner, so what can I do?" Chen said.

"It's not that I'm anti-marriage. I just hope that I can express a different idea within the bounds of a tradition."

Her T$50,000 ($5,675) wedding comes after online publicity that has netted 1,800 largely sympathetic comments.

"I think there will be more and more girls like this," said "divagirl," who did not elaborate.

Taiwanese women are marrying later and less often as their economic status advances, fuelling government concerns about a drop in the birth rate and its impact on productivity.

Only 40 percent of women surveyed earlier this year by the education ministry said they imagined married people could live better than singles, local media said.

"I was just hoping that more people would love themselves," said Chen, who will go on a solo honeymoon to Australia.

Chen said her mother had insisted on a groom at first but later jumped aboard the solo marriage plan.

But as Chen cannot officially register a marriage to herself, if she finds a man later she will wed again.

"If I had a steady boyfriend, I wouldn't do this," Chen said. "it would be offensive to him, anyway."

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: February 09, 2011, 12:50:58 PM »
You may now kiss... the dog?

This random newsy bit has been on my radar for a few weeks, but it's finally finding its way into the blog, just in time for Valentine's Day. Forgive me if you're already in the know. All I can say is, so many strange pet stories, so little time...

I've heard plenty of folks admit (especially here in the "Tails" comments) that even on a good day, they would choose the company of animals over people. But an Australian man definitely upped the ante when he decided to marry his dog in December.

Joseph Guiso wed Honey, a labrador he adopted five years ago, in Toowoomba with 30 friends and family members in attendance. During the "emotional" dusk ceremony, Guiso vowed: "You're my best friend and you make every part of my day better." (Honey remained strangely silent.)

It was Guiso's idea to tie the knot at the park. One afternoon during a walk with Honey, they came across a human couple that was getting married. "I said, 'That could be us,'" Guiso says. And although Honey didn't say anything in response, he took her lack of protest as a "yes."

Guiso calls himself "religious" and claims that he "felt guilty" shacking up with Honey out of wedlock. It was time he made an "honest dog" out of her.

At the wedding he was quick to assure guests, "It's not sexual. It's just pure love." A short "Honey-moon" was planned in one of Toowoomba's parks.

Unlike the Taiwanese woman who married herself last fall, Guiso didn't seem to be interested in making any kind of social or political statement. So, is this simply an obsessive case of puppy love or just plain wrong?

xxxLinda

• Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: February 09, 2011, 01:33:43 PM »

Sometimes one wedding dress just isn’t enough…
Posted by Kate Owen on February 8, 2011 · Leave a Comment

Bride Helene Manca bought 18 dresses for her wedding day
For one bride from Surrey, one wedding dress really wasn’t enough as the 25-year-old ended up with a wardrobe stuffed full with 18 gowns by the time the big day arrived.
Helene Manca estimates she spent £20,000 on her selection of wedding gowns, the average amount most couples in the UK spend on the whole of their big day. However with a wardrobe bursting to the seams with lace and ivory taffeta, even shopaholic Helene had to admit, she had gone slightly over the top.
When the big day arrived, model Helene managed to choose just 9 out of the 18 dresses to wear throughout the big day. The blushing bride decided to change her dress at various intervals throughout the wedding day, wearing one dress for the ceremony, another for the photographs, etc.
The wedding dresses ranged in style and price with the most expensive designer gown costing an eye-watering £5,500, and the cheapest dress coming in at £220 from the sale at popular high street store, Monsoon. Helene paid for eight out of the nine dresses she wore on the big day herself, with her parents paying for the most expensive gown as a special gift.
Of the nine dresses Helene was unable to wear when she married her long-term partner, Joe Glass, one was returned to the shop, three were donated to charity, and five were sold on eBay.
The good news for wedding dress boutiques in Guildford area is that the 25-year-old is planning to renew her vows to her new husband next summer, and she’ll be buying 10 dresses especially for the occasion

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #45 on: May 25, 2011, 10:49:35 PM »

Looks like a third Riddick movie may start filming this summer.

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/STARTREKBOUND/news/?a=38017

fire2b12

• Getbig II
  • GO BIG OR GO HOME
« Reply #46 on: May 26, 2011, 01:51:26 AM »
Never seen any of that but I know it's very popular.

I LOVE Twilight :) the books thought...the movies SUCK....

and kids who buy that crap think its cool becasue they have bad role models like lady gaga....everyone wants to be a star..........where are their parents????

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #47 on: May 26, 2011, 05:12:56 AM »
glasses are for people with poor genetics.....hope this helps..

bench

Genetics=everything
I hate the State.

Butterbean

• Getbig V
« Reply #48 on: May 26, 2011, 07:48:54 AM »
Looks like a third Riddick movie may start filming this summer.

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/STARTREKBOUND/news/?a=38017

Good to know, thanks Greg.

I LOVE Twilight :) the books thought...the movies SUCK....

and kids who buy that crap think its cool becasue they have bad role models like lady gaga....everyone wants to be a star..........where are their parents????

Saw a vid this morn of part of her performance on American Idol where as she sings a guy rubs all over her ...she also lies down and spreads her legs for him  ::)   Don't a lot of kids watch American Idol?  Just sing the damn song.
R