Author Topic: The Hillary/DNC-Russia Conspiracy Theory  (Read 8730 times)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
The Hillary/DNC-Russia Conspiracy Theory
« on: October 26, 2017, 03:39:00 PM »
How the worm turns.  

Here Are The 10 Most Important Reported Claims About The Steele Dossier On Russia
There's a lot of misinformation swirling about that shoddy dossier on Trump and Russia compiled by Christopher Steele. Here's what's actually been reported on the matter.
By Mollie Hemingway
OCTOBER 25, 2017

Last night the Washington Post reported that the infamous “Russia dossier” was partly funded by the Clinton campaign and the Democratic National Committee. The dossier’s inflammatory and unsubstantiated claims about Donald Trump provided the framework for mainstream media treatment of the president for much of the last year and fueled multiple investigations. Here are 10 things to keep in mind about the dossier.

1) Russian officials were sources of key claims in dossier
We’re in the midst of media frenzy over Russian disinformation campaigns, particularly as they apply to the 2016 election. It is worth noting that the sources of the “Russia-Trump dossier” were senior Russian officials:

Source A—to use the careful nomenclature of his dossier—was ‘a senior Russian Foreign Ministry figure.’ Source B was ‘a former top level intelligence officer still active in the Kremlin.’
2) No, the Russian dossier was not initially funded by Republicans

When the news broke that the Clinton campaign and the DNC were admitting partial responsibility for the Russia dossier, journalists acted like they’d presented it as a Clinton campaign operation all along. They also claimed it was initially funded by a Republican.

Incorrect. And Tapper took the tweet down when the error was pointed out. There is no evidence that a Republican donor or Republican campaign was ever involved with the Russian dossier. Fusion GPS claimed to reporters (though they did not provide evidence) that a Republican funded separate opposition research on Trump, dealing with his business interests. But as the Washington Post itself reports, the dossier did not exist until after the Democrats hired Fusion GPS:

Marc E. Elias, a lawyer representing the Clinton campaign and the DNC, retained Fusion GPS, a Washington firm, to conduct the research.
After that, Fusion GPS hired dossier author Christopher Steele, a former British intelligence officer with ties to the FBI and the U.S. intelligence community, according to those people, who spoke on the condition of anonymity.
3) The dossier is chock full of discredited information
Journalists who are friendly with Fusion GPS and opponents of the Trump administration claim, without any evidence of any kind beyond anonymous sources’ vague say-so, that the dossier has parts that were “verified.” That could mean something as simple as the parts about Russia trying to find information about Trump, or about Trump affiliates having friendly business relations with Russians. We have no evidence to suggest that anything significant from the dossier has been verified. And we don’t know how much, if any, was actually deliberate disinformation from the Russian government sources.

We have reports that the freelance spy who put together some of the information in the dossier was paying Russians for their information and used intermediaries. Former acting CIA director and Hillary Clinton campaign surrogate Michael Morrell said this was discrediting:

‘Then I asked myself, why did these guys provide this information, what was their motivation? And I subsequently learned that he paid them. That the intermediaries paid the sources and the intermediaries got the money from Chris. And that kind of worries me a little bit because if you’re paying somebody, particularly former [Russian Federal Security Service] officers, they are going to tell you truth and innuendo and rumor, and they’re going to call you up and say, ‘Hey, let’s have another meeting, I have more information for you,’ because they want to get paid some more,’ Morrell said.
Far from being “verified,” the dossier is better described as demonstrably false. That includes getting basic facts about Russia wrong, making claims — such as the claim that Trump lawyer Michael Cohen met with Federation Council foreign affairs head Konstantin Kosachev in Prague — that are verifiably wrong, making cartoonishly outlandish claims about finances, and various other problems.

4) The dossier was used as a basis for wiretaps on American citizens
In March, Washington Post used anonymous sources to report the FBI obtained a secret court order last summer to spy on U.S. citizen Carter Page, an unpaid and informal adviser to the Donald Trump campaign, as part of an investigation into links between Russia and the Trump campaign. CNN used anonymous sources to report that the infamous “golden showers” dossier was used as part of the justification to win approval to monitor the Trump associate.

A Clinton campaign opposition research operation using information or disinformation from top Russian intelligence officials was used by the FBI, these sources say, to enable spying on an opposing political party’s campaign.

5) The FBI also paid for the dossier

Last week, Donald Trump tweeted:

Fusion GPS was working on behalf of Russians while working on the dossier, but they claim, without providing evidence, that they kept their other Russia work separate from their Trump-Russia dossier work. Democrats released their involvement to friendly journalists at the Washington Post last night. When Trump asked about the FBI, many political journalists feigned shock and outrage that he would make such a claim.

They should not have. Their outlets had already reported that the FBI had tried to pay for the dossier and had, in fact, reimbursed expenses for the dossier. We do not know if those expenses include the payments to the Russian officials for salacious stories on Republican nominee for president Trump.

The FBI has resisted all oversight by congressional committees looking into the FBI’s role in funding and use of the dossier. Perhaps the agency is worried it will be revealed that a FISA court judge was misled about the provenance of the dossier. Perhaps the agency is worried about light shining on its use of the Clinton campaign operation to spy on Trump affiliates.

Speaker of the House Paul Ryan is backing House Intelligence Committee efforts to learn more about FBI’s handling of the dossier.

6) Dossier publisher Fusion GPS works with shady outfits
At a July hearing, Senate Judiciary members were told Fusion GPS helped advocate the interests of corrupt Russian and Venezuelan officials while hiding its foreign work from federal authorities.

Fusion GPS has been accused of illegally working as an undisclosed foreign agent and is currently refusing to comply with federal subpoenas for information on its foreign clients.

7) Fusion GPS’ ties to media are problematic
The principals at Fusion GPS are well-connected to mainstream media reporters. They are former journalists themselves, and know how to package stories and provide information to push narratives. They are, in fact, close friends with some of the top reporters who have covered the Russia-Trump collusion story.

Fusion GPS has placed stories with friendly reporters while fighting congressional investigators’ attempts to find out the group’s sources of funding. Fusion GPS leaders have taken the Fifth and fought subpoenas for information about the group’s involvement with Russia. Their close friendships with key reporters on these stories have paid huge dividends for the firm, although these friendships and cooperative relationships have not served the public well.

Fusion GPS was responsible for the dossier. But the group’s larger narrative push to reporters is even more influential, and a difficult story to unpack due to defensiveness, embarrassment, and outright media complicity.

8 ) Jim Comey personally briefed Trump on the dossier, shortly before CNN reported it
As confirmed by the Washington Post, the Russia-Trump collusion narrative was a Clinton campaign political operation. The dossier itself was shopped around by Fusion GPS a year ago to The New York Times, the Washington Post, Yahoo News, The New Yorker, and CNN, according to lawyers for the ex-spy who worked on the dossier. The dossier was so unverifiable that the only reporter to bite was from Mother Jones.

What really got the ball rolling on last year’s Russia-Trump conspiracy theory, then, was not the dossier itself but the briefing of it by Obama intelligence chiefs to President-elect Trump in January. Former FBI head Jim Comey admitted under oath that former Director of National Intelligence James Clapper asked him to personally brief President Trump about this dossier. The fact of that meeting was quickly leaked to CNN.

Given the dossier’s many problems, was the entire purpose of the meeting to produce the leak that the meeting happened? No one was biting on the dossier and it needed legitimization by opponents of Trump. If the dossier was so shoddy that it was debunked in hours after BuzzFeed posted it in all its salacious glory, why brief the president and president-elect on it, much less leak it? What was the real purpose of that meeting, and that leak to CNN?

9) Mueller investigation spurred by dossier and illegal leaks from intelligence operatives about Trump
We know from previous reporting that the dossier of Russia-supplied information or disinformation was used by the FBI to secure a warrant to spy on an American citizen advising an opposing political party’s presidential campaign. We know that this dossier was funded at least in part by the Clinton campaign, the Democratic National Committee, and the FBI. The firm that produced the report was itself funded by Russians.

We know that Comey briefed Trump on the dossier, and that this meeting was leaked almost immediately to CNN. We know that there were criminal leaks from intelligence officials regarding Trump associates having conversations with Russian counterparts.

We know that Trump was thrice told by Comey that he was not under investigation regarding Russia. And a year into the opposition-research-provoked Russia scare, we have no evidence of the Trump campaign committing treason by colluding with Russia.

Yet because of this dossier, and its selective use by intelligence agencies, we have a special prosecutor running a no-holds-barred investigation into Trump that, according to CNN, has gone into areas that have nothing to do with Russia or the 2016 election. We have two congressional investigations into alleged collusion of Trump and Russia. And we have had thousands of stories focused on supporting the Clinton campaign’s opposition research.

10) The Steele dossier was a Clinton/DNC-funded operation supported by the FBI and influenced heavily by Russian operatives in the Kremlin
The country has spent the last year with Obama intelligence officials, the media, and Democratic leaders pushing a narrative of Trump collusion with Russia to steal an election that was supposed to be won by Hillary Clinton. A meeting between Trump officials and a Russian who falsely promised dirt on Hillary Clinton is the best evidence — by far — to support this narrative.

Yet here we have the realization that the Clinton campaign, the DNC, and the FBI all worked wittingly or unwittingly with Russians to affect the results of the 2016 election. Far from just meeting with a Russian and not getting dirt on a political opponent, these groups wittingly or unwittingly paid Russian operatives for disinformation to harm Trump during the 2016 election and beyond.

Worse, these efforts perverted our justice system by forcing the attorney general to recuse himself for the crime of having served as a surrogate on the Trump campaign, spawning a massive, sprawling, limitless probe over Russia. These things are so much more damaging to the republic than a couple thousand dollars in ads on Facebook paid for by Russian trolls about a pipeline protest.

http://thefederalist.com/2017/10/25/top-10-things-to-know-about-dossier/

Yamcha

• Getbig V
  • Fundie
Re: The Hillary/DNC-Russia Conspiracy Theory
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2017, 04:07:41 PM »
wonder if Maddow will do a 20 minute monologue on this?  :o
a

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2017, 04:56:04 PM »
Democrat fags rigged the election and still lost .   Bunch of twink welfare bums

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2017, 05:05:07 PM »
How pathetic to have the MSM advocating for them, pay money to Russia for dirt on Trump, face one of the most polarizing unconventional candidates in history, have the power of the incumbency, and still lose.   

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2017, 05:28:28 PM »
1.  Russia were actively attempting to help Trump win so if they were going to make up shit about Trump it would be stuff that would be helpful to him.    I have yet to see anyone show proof of who the source were.  In fact no one in the public that I'm aware of even has the dossier

2.  The GPS Fusion has already said the first person to fund this thing was from the GOP

3.   The Clinton campaign and the DNC Did NOT admit partial responsibility for the Russia dossier. 
http://www.cnn.com/2017/10/26/politics/john-podesta-debbie-wasserman-schultz-trump-dossier/index.html

I'm not even going to bother with the rest of it since it "things to know" started out with a bunch of lies

I say let's get the entire dossier out the public and let's go over every single allegation and the sources and see what is true and what (if anything is false)

I'd be fine with that

I wonder how Trump would feel about that

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2017, 06:35:07 PM »
How pathetic to have the MSM advocating for them, pay money to Russia for dirt on Trump, face one of the most polarizing unconventional candidates in history, have the power of the incumbency, and still lose.   

That's because democrats represent only the welfare bums , gays , blacks and liberal idiots on both coasts

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2017, 07:55:45 PM »
Everything the Clinton and DNC were doing seems as though it was taken right from the dossier to make it look like Trump.....only it was them all along. This could be a movie.

gh15

• Getbig V
  • angels
« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2017, 08:22:02 PM »
this thing should be standing trial for high crimes and misdemeanors.. she is a criminal.. a legit! criminal.. and she should be facing prison time

if she is not facing prison time then no one else should EVER! face prison time over emails.. ever again,,

while Hussein Obama immuned as disgraced president.. she was never president and should! stand trial in the highest court,,

gh15 approved
lion of Judah
fallen angel

George Whorewell

• Getbig V
  • TND
« Reply #8 on: October 26, 2017, 08:24:28 PM »
1.  Russia were actively attempting to help Trump win so if they were going to make up shit about Trump it would be stuff that would be helpful to him.    I have yet to see anyone show proof of who the source were.  In fact no one in the public that I'm aware of even has the dossier

2.  The GPS Fusion has already said the first person to fund this thing was from the GOP

3.   The Clinton campaign and the DNC Did NOT admit partial responsibility for the Russia dossier. 
http://www.cnn.com/2017/10/26/politics/john-podesta-debbie-wasserman-schultz-trump-dossier/index.html

I'm not even going to bother with the rest of it since it "things to know" started out with a bunch of lies

I say let's get the entire dossier out the public and let's go over every single allegation and the sources and see what is true and what (if anything is false)

I'd be fine with that

I wonder how Trump would feel about that

NEWSFLASH: NOBODY BELIEVES YOU!!!

Face it little man, the jig ( no offense vince) is up. The Russia narrative blew up in your face. Here's some free advice: stop talking about it and lay low for a while. The more you mention it, the harder it is to take you seriously. Accept reality and move on. I'm sure there will be a "hip" new  transengendered bathroom protest you can attend in the near future.

Again, my condolences.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #9 on: October 26, 2017, 10:00:50 PM »

Face it little man, the jig ( no offense vince) is up. The Russia narrative blew up in your face. Here's some free advice: stop talking about it and lay low for a while. The more you mention it, the harder it is to take you seriously. Accept reality and move on. I'm sure there will be a "hip" new  transengendered bathroom protest you can attend in the near future.

Again, my condolences.

LOL

nice use of CAPS

it's cute that you think there is a Russian "narrative"

well, actually I get that premise because that's what Faux News has been selling to Trumptards or in a parlance that you'll understand they've been "shoving it down your throats"

Mueller doesn't give a shit who paid the law firm who hired the spook (no offense Vince)

All that matters is what is true and what (if anything) is not true

and if there were any crimes that he can prove

remember where Whitewater started and where it ended?

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #10 on: October 26, 2017, 10:15:33 PM »
LOL

nice use of CAPS

it's cute that you think there is a Russian "narrative"

well, actually I get that premise because that's what Faux News has been selling to Trumptards or in a parlance that you'll understand they've been "shoving it down your throats"

Mueller doesn't give a shit who paid the law firm who hired the spook (no offense Vince)

All that matters is what is true and what (if anything) is not true

and if there were any crimes that he can prove

remember where Whitewater started and where it ended?

Sooo, It’s your opinion this is all “fake” news. Clinton has been set up and she’s completely innocent....right?

Top Poodle

• Getbig IV
  • No trannies allowed.
« Reply #11 on: October 26, 2017, 10:26:30 PM »
Sooo, I your opinion this is all “fake” news. Clinton has been set up and she’s completely innocent....right?

yes that is what mr commie antifa thinks

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #12 on: October 26, 2017, 11:29:32 PM »
Sooo, It’s your opinion this is all “fake” news. Clinton has been set up and she’s completely innocent....right?

What did I say was fake?

Yamcha

• Getbig V
  • Fundie
« Reply #13 on: October 27, 2017, 04:53:08 AM »
a

mazrim

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: October 27, 2017, 06:34:36 AM »

Again, my condolences.
Exactly. The guy has no objectivity so his posts are a joke at this point.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #15 on: October 27, 2017, 10:36:54 AM »
Still haven't heard a one Trumptard explain how paying the law firm who paid the consulting firm who paid the researcher(former spy) somehow makes the data false

what good would false data be, especially given that she had no knowledge of it, never received it etc..

bottom line - doesn't matter who paid for the research

all that matters is whether the information is factual or not

let's get the entire dossier out in the public domain and find out

I'm totally fine with that

I'm sure Trumps on board with that too

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: October 27, 2017, 11:05:52 AM »
LEON!!! PANETTA: Investigate Clinton, DNC Dossier Payment...
NTK Network.com ^ | 27 OCT 17
Posted on 10/27/2017, 12:26:04 PM by DCBryan1

Former CIA Director Leon Panetta said that the Senate Intelligence Committee is going to have to look into the Clinton campaign and the Democratic National Committee (DNC) for funding the controversial Trump dossier during an interview on Thursday.

CNN’s Wolf Blitzer asked Panetta how it was possible that neither “the chair of the DNC and the Clinton campaign” knew about payments for the dossier.

“Well, it’s obviously something that the Intelligence Committee is going to have to look at,” Panetta said. “You know, knowing presidential campaigns, they’re big operations and somehow the left hand may not know what the right hand is doing. And that could be the case here.”

Panetta continued, “I really do think that the committee is going to have to get into this, determine just exactly what happened. Who knew what and when?”

Blitzer followed up by asking Panetta why Clinton campaign attorney Marc Elias didn’t tell Clinton campaign chair, John Podesta, they had paid for the dossier.

Elias was the lawyer was represented the Clinton campaign and DNC, during the election and is alleged to have paid Fusion GPS for the Trump dossier.

“Well, it certainly makes the situation very awkward,” Panetta said. “If you’re testifying and saying you have no knowledge, and the attorney sitting next to you is one of those that knew what was involved here, I think it does raise an issue that the committee is going to have to look at and determine just exactly who knew what.”

(Excerpt) Read more at ntknetwork.com ...

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #17 on: October 27, 2017, 11:49:34 AM »
LEON!!! PANETTA: Investigate Clinton, DNC Dossier Payment...
NTK Network.com ^ | 27 OCT 17
Posted on 10/27/2017, 12:26:04 PM by DCBryan1

Former CIA Director Leon Panetta said that the Senate Intelligence Committee is going to have to look into the Clinton campaign and the Democratic National Committee (DNC) for funding the controversial Trump dossier during an interview on Thursday.

CNN’s Wolf Blitzer asked Panetta how it was possible that neither “the chair of the DNC and the Clinton campaign” knew about payments for the dossier.

“Well, it’s obviously something that the Intelligence Committee is going to have to look at,” Panetta said. “You know, knowing presidential campaigns, they’re big operations and somehow the left hand may not know what the right hand is doing. And that could be the case here.”

Panetta continued, “I really do think that the committee is going to have to get into this, determine just exactly what happened. Who knew what and when?”

Blitzer followed up by asking Panetta why Clinton campaign attorney Marc Elias didn’t tell Clinton campaign chair, John Podesta, they had paid for the dossier.

Elias was the lawyer was represented the Clinton campaign and DNC, during the election and is alleged to have paid Fusion GPS for the Trump dossier.

“Well, it certainly makes the situation very awkward,” Panetta said. “If you’re testifying and saying you have no knowledge, and the attorney sitting next to you is one of those that knew what was involved here, I think it does raise an issue that the committee is going to have to look at and determine just exactly who knew what.”

(Excerpt) Read more at ntknetwork.com ...

an even better questions is why they didn't get a copy of the dossier that they paid for?

I'm sure they would have loved to have that info and release it to the public DURING the campaign

Still, time for the entire dossier story including the contents of the dossier to be made public

The dossier basically alleges (among other things) that people in the Trump campaign colluded with Russia

Let's see that info

We learned this week that Trump campaign contacted Wikileaks looking for dirt on Hillary

Not sure how Fox News failed to promote that story.  If it were Clinton contacting Assange it would the only story they covered all day long for weeks at at time

http://www.cnn.com/2017/10/25/politics/cambridge-analytica-julian-assange-wikileaks-clinton-emails/index.html

Trump campaign analytics company contacted WikiLeaks about Clinton emails

The head of a data analytics company linked to the Trump campaign contacted WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange in 2016 regarding thousands of Hillary Clinton's emails kept on a private server while she was secretary of state, according to four sources familiar with the outreach.

Alexander Nix, the chief executive of Cambridge Analytica, sent an email to several people including top Donald Trump donor Rebekah Mercer, relaying that he had emailed Assange seeking access to emails from Clinton's private server to turn them into a searchable database for the campaign or a pro-Trump political action committee, two of the sources said.

Cambridge Analytica was hired in the summer of 2016 as part of the Trump campaign's three-pronged data operation, which was led by Brad Parscale and overseen by Trump's son-in-law, Jared Kushner. No one from the Trump campaign was copied on the email, the sources said. Nix sent the email in summer 2016, two sources said, but it is not clear whether he sent it before or after Cambridge Analytica was brought onto the campaign.[/size]

Pray_4_War

• Getbig V
  • Thot Expert
« Reply #18 on: October 27, 2017, 12:15:51 PM »

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #19 on: October 27, 2017, 12:23:34 PM »

maybe you want to take a stab at explaining the significance of Clinton campaign paying the law firm who paid the GPS Fusion who paid the researcher/former spy to gather the intel on Donald

still can't figure out why it matters who paid for it, especially given that she never received the dossier (kind of sucks for her since she paid for it)

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit

Pray_4_War

• Getbig V
  • Thot Expert
« Reply #21 on: October 27, 2017, 03:43:16 PM »
"Mainstream media (MSM) is a term and abbreviation used to refer collectively to the various large mass news media that influence a large number of people, and both reflect and shape prevailing currents of thought."

Its kind of odd that people forget that Fox News is also part of the mainstream media.

Fuck Fox News.  Maybe not as extreme as MSNC or CNN but still part of the problem.

Yamcha

• Getbig V
  • Fundie
« Reply #22 on: October 27, 2017, 03:44:59 PM »
Fuck Fox News.  Maybe not as extreme as MSNC or CNN but still part of the problem.

and he deleted the post... what a fucking fagg0t
a

gh15

• Getbig V
  • angels
« Reply #23 on: October 27, 2017, 07:34:35 PM »
manafort indicted and charged by the deep state puppet from bush the son neocon regime.. muller

i suggest to fire him because this is not the end,, they are looking for president trump close connection manafort is not it,,

i highly support firing muller the deep state pig,,

gh15 approved
fallen angel

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: October 27, 2017, 08:41:20 PM »
Paul Singer-Funded Washington Free Beacon Behind Initial Fusion GPS Trump Effort
by ADAM SHAW
27 Oct 2017

The Washington Free Beacon, funded by GOP mega-donor Paul Singer, was the original funder of Fusion GPS’ research project that attempted to dig up dirt on then-candidate Donald Trump — a project that would later be funded by the Democratic National Committee and Hillary Clinton’s campaign.
The Washington Examiner first reported Friday that lawyers for the Free Beacon — a conservative outlet based in the nation’s capital — funded the project from fall 2015 to spring 2016, when it pulled its funding as Trump looked set to clinch the nomination.

Lawyers for the Free Beacon informed the House Intelligence Committee of its role in the funding on Friday. The outlet issued a statement standing by its decision to fund the project:

Since its launch in February of 2012, the Washington Free Beacon has retained third party firms to conduct research on many individuals and institutions of interest to us and our readers. In that capacity, during the 2016 election cycle we retained Fusion GPS to provide research on multiple candidates in the Republican presidential primary, just as we retained other firms to assist in our research into Hillary Clinton.

After the Democrats took over funding of the operation in mid-2016, Fusion GPS would hire former British spy Christopher Steele and would lead to the production of the so-called “Trump dossier,” filled with salacious but unconfirmed claims about how Trump was compromised by the Russians.

Fusion has come under scrutiny for its alleged ties to Russia, including the fact that many of the claims originate from Kremlin sources — meaning that the information came from inside the Russian government.

The Free Beacon noted in its statement that it had “no knowledge of or connection to the Steele dossier, did not pay for the dossier, and never had contact with, knowledge of, or provided payment for any work performed by Christopher Steele.”

“The Washington Free Beacon has issued a statement asserting that it had no involvement with Christopher Steele or the dossier he compiled from Russian sources,” Jack Langer, spokesman for the House Permanent Select Committee on Intelligence, told Breitbart News. “The Beacon has agreed to cooperate with the House Intelligence Committee to help the Committee verify this assertion.”

Yet, the revelation is likely to fuel questions about the role the so-called “Never Trump” movement played in an effort that would eventually inflict damage on President Trump, and that was possibly part of a Russian misinformation scheme.

The Free Beacon is funded in large part by the New York hedge fund billionaire and major GOP donor Paul Singer. The New York Times reports that Singer initially supported Sen. Marco Rubio (R-FL) for the Republican nomination, but later spearheaded a campaign to deny Trump the nomination even after Rubio dropped out of the race.

While supporting Republican establishment favorites such as Rubio and 2012 presidential candidate Mitt Romney, Singer was a major backer of Common Core and was the founder of a super-PAC that has the express purpose of turning the GOP pro-gay marriage.

The Examiner reports that the Free Beacon was originally part of the 501(c)(4) tax-exempt organization — the Center for American Freedom — but in 2014 became a for-profit organization. The Center’s original board of directors includes William Kristol, a prominent “Never Trump” activist.

Kristol is also the founder of the Weekly Standard, which like the Free Beacon has a neoconservative foreign policy outlook. The Free Beacon was co-founded by two former Weekly Standard writers, chairman Michael Goldfarb and editor-in-chief Matthew Continetti.

***Update***

“The Washington Free Beacon has issued a statement asserting that it had no involvement with Christopher Steele or the dossier he compiled from Russian sources,” Jack Langer, spokesman for the House Permanent Select Committee on Intelligence, told Breitbart News. “The Beacon has agreed to cooperate with the House Intelligence Committee to help the Committee verify this assertion.”

http://www.breitbart.com/big-journalism/2017/10/27/report-paul-singer-funded-washington-free-beacon-behind-initial-fusion-gps-trump-effort/