Author Topic: NY to OKC  (Read 650 times)

Big N

• Getbig V
  • Veteran Fella
NY to OKC
« on: January 02, 2013, 09:11:05 AM »
Man I dont know what part of the US you fellas live, but working like a hamster just to pay off bills and taxes is a back breaking cycle for the middle class in NY. I bet you another big city area like California is just the same if not worse. All these big city areas are for the rich and why are they able to continue to live in these big cities? Very simple, its old money. They've already made their money in the past, most likely from the 90's. People say "wow you're from NY, high rise skyscrapors, central park, big bridges, metro system, lots of jobs (shit jobs only)??" Well yeah all these things are good for TOURISTS and that doesnt mean shit to the middle class. Its just a big city with a big name for the rich and wealthy. The poor are a bunch of lazy asses (majority not all), they have free government housing, food stamps, everything for FREE! And what does the middle class have? Dick, pay taxes 100%, bills, expenses like there's no tomorrow. And the rich in NY get richer. The economy is horrible and probably wont make any signicifant changes for the better in another 5-10 years. And that's if China doesnt keep their foot off our necks with their rapid economic growth. I'm considering of maybe moving to OKC area from NY. Not to start over but rather for business ventures, lower taxes, cheaper living, affordable houses, etc. Anybody from OKC area? How do you like overall living. Does anybody even live around the midwest areas? Bodybuilding related any good gyms out here.

- Discuss
#

hrspwr1

• Getbig III
  • flirtin with disaster everyday
Re: NY to OKC
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2013, 10:16:58 AM »
I lived in the DC/Baltimore fukplex for 30 years, finally had enough of it back in 05. Theres more to life than beating your head against the wall and fighting traffic anytime you want to go somewhere.
 Do some research, OKC can get some badass tornado activity in the spring but then again shit happens everywhere.
 Large corporations are moving operations to the middle of the US. Mercedes, Nissan, VW, just to name a few. They are sick of the high cost east coast bullshit as well. The right to work states are attractive to employers and are going to be growing for the forseeable future, not sure if OK is one of them but I would look into that.

HTexan

• Getbig V
  • Heath must lose!!
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2013, 01:12:09 PM »
Move to austin. We rock.  :)
A

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2013, 01:24:24 PM »

Bevo