Author Topic: About running  (Read 4758 times)

EL Mariachi

• Getbig V
Re: About running
« Reply #25 on: February 22, 2009, 12:31:15 PM »
Looks okay. This is my option:

hmm i already have a gazelle mountainbike, that bike looks good and expensive, but i like the race bike steering handles better.

Andy Griffin

• Getbig V
  • I know my own name, bitch.
« Reply #26 on: February 22, 2009, 12:37:32 PM »
Snag drinks out of peoples hands as you go by.  Also fun with sandwiches, toupees, and purses.

hahahahahahahahahahahaha

Being a visual person, I can just see some bald dude chasing me as I run off with his $10 toupee. 

Actually, I find walking to be a very effective exercise.
~

burn2live

• Getbig IV
« Reply #27 on: February 22, 2009, 12:39:38 PM »
Running is great if you can do it (a lot of people are too heavy for their joints to handle it) and it does help you melt a lot of fat. From the cardio / fat burning point of view though, swimming is better cause it takes you longer to cover a given distance by swimming than by running, not to mention you involve your whole body and it's a non-impact activity.

Yep. I can't run. I get really bad shin splints. If I go on a 30 minute run my tibialis anterior will be killing me for almost a week. I've resorted to the cross trainer in the gym  :-\

Tyr

• Getbig IV
  • Head of deliverance
« Reply #28 on: February 22, 2009, 12:45:23 PM »
Yep. I can't run. I get really bad shin splints. If I go on a 30 minute run my tibialis anterior will be killing me for almost a week. I've resorted to the cross trainer in the gym  :-\

Try getting proper running shoes. I thought i had developed shin splints but it turned out the culprit was my shoes. A new pair of Nikes solved that problem

Pecs

• Getbig IV
« Reply #29 on: February 22, 2009, 01:41:45 PM »
Running is great if you can do it (a lot of people are too heavy for their joints to handle it) and it does help you melt a lot of fat. From the cardio / fat burning point of view though, swimming is better cause it takes you longer to cover a given distance by swimming than by running, not to mention you involve your whole body and it's a non-impact activity.

running is a far superior in burning fat, but swimming is kind of subjective and depends on how HARD you swim.  People who can swim VERY WELL but take their own sweet time covering 20 laps in a relaxed pace is going to burn much less fats/calories than some beginner swimmer who struggles to make even a lap but goes for 20 .

Unless you go ALL OUT in your swims while covering the same distance in a run, running always wins in burning cal/fat

kiwiol

• Getbig V
  • Who is John Galt?
« Reply #30 on: February 22, 2009, 01:56:21 PM »
running is a far superior in burning fat, but swimming is kind of subjective and depends on how HARD you swim.  People who can swim VERY WELL but take their own sweet time covering 20 laps in a relaxed pace is going to burn much less fats/calories than some beginner swimmer who struggles to make even a lap but goes for 20 .

Unless you go ALL OUT in your swims while covering the same distance in a run, running always wins in burning cal/fat

Absolutely. Agree 100%

lovemonkey

• Getbig V
  • Two kinds of people; Those that can extrapolate
« Reply #31 on: February 22, 2009, 02:04:07 PM »

I tell you this; it's much easier for me to run for an hour than to swim that's for sure.
from incomplete data

JOHN MATRIX

• Getbig V
  • the Media is the Problem
« Reply #32 on: February 22, 2009, 04:25:37 PM »
swimming is the best overall form of cardio because its a full body excersize, it retains muscle better than running, and most importantly it is harmless on the joints, any bodytype/weight person can swim to lose wieght effectively since they cant run.

latley ive been jogging...gotta say doing cardio in some form just makes you feel so much healthier plus you can eat whatever the hell you want

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
« Reply #33 on: February 22, 2009, 04:26:38 PM »
Running is gay.

HTexan

• Getbig V
  • Heath must lose!!
« Reply #34 on: February 22, 2009, 04:29:21 PM »
you need better shoes, i bet your arches are flat.
A

ManBearPig...

• Getbig V
  • Professional Fighter
« Reply #35 on: February 22, 2009, 04:40:04 PM »
too much gay sex in this thread.

but honestly, i plan on quitting smoking at the end of march, so i'm gonna take up running when i do.

i used to run in hs a lot , but now...well....not so much.
Deep Tissue Massage

gh2

• Getbig II
« Reply #36 on: February 23, 2009, 02:50:58 AM »
Swimmers have higher bodyfat because it helps performance...not as a side effect of swimming...

No, swimmers have higher bodyfat because water is a better at leading heat away from your body than air is. Therefor your body will try to protect itself from loosing too much heat by holding on to a little bit of extra subcutanous fat. This fat serves as insulating and helps keep the heat inside your body. This is usually not a problem if you swim very seldom but if you swim veru often and want to look ripped I would start to exercise out of the water.

nzmusclemonster

• Getbig V
  • Serenity Now!
« Reply #37 on: February 23, 2009, 03:01:06 AM »
Running is a passion of mine. To me running = freedom. This is my computer desktop that keeps me motivated  8)

P

Tombo

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: February 23, 2009, 03:03:49 AM »
i dont mind goin for a light jog w/ some HIIT sprinting as long as its on grass, absolutely batters my shinsplints otherwise

newmom

« Reply #39 on: February 23, 2009, 03:21:48 AM »
I run up to 10 miles a day..my marathon is in October (first time running a marathon). I do smoke (about 5 a day during work week and a bit more on weekends). My question is to those running outside (still to cold for my taste) what running shoes do you like.

Tombo

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: February 23, 2009, 05:30:47 AM »
I run up to 10 miles a day..my marathon is in October (first time running a marathon). I do smoke (about 5 a day during work week and a bit more on weekends). My question is to those running outside (still to cold for my taste) what running shoes do you like.

ive always gone with asics

they are fantastic, even for a few dollars more they always have the best ankle support + cushioning

spinnis

« Reply #41 on: February 23, 2009, 05:44:18 AM »
Havent been able to even jog or walk Fast in 3 years.

Cap

• Getbig V
  • Trueprotein.com 5% discount code= CSP111
« Reply #42 on: February 23, 2009, 06:18:49 AM »
Asics, but try to get a shoe with the SPEVA model instead of Solyte cushioning. 
Squishy face retard

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
« Reply #43 on: February 23, 2009, 06:39:34 AM »
Im eating atleast one junk meal a day, eating whatever i want and a lot lately, didnt gain any fat at all, look to be even leaner, just 2 times a week running for a hour. Riciculous change in metabolism, and i enjoy running outside. First time i run everything hurt, for a couple of days, second time didnt feel a thing. And i smoke a lot, conclusion start running.

Good for you Moses Kiptanui.
As empty as paradise

Sharma

• Getbig IV
  • TEAMNASSER4LIFE
« Reply #44 on: February 23, 2009, 06:50:56 AM »
I don't like to do it at first but nothing will shred the fat like the running. After a few week when it not so terrible it become enjoyable a bit. I don't do it now though as it just kill my joints all the time. I too much muscle these days but you can get very similar effect by brisk walk and I do this every day. but walk at a brisk pace, not slouch.

North Africans are the best runners in the world. Clear example of superior Arab genetics - the Kenyan and Ethiopian who are good have Arab genes

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #45 on: February 23, 2009, 06:59:07 AM »
I've started to jump rope.it ain't pretty :-\

w8m8

« Reply #46 on: February 23, 2009, 07:13:37 AM »

Buy 2 pair of whatever you choose
I don't wear the same pair twice in a row .. here's an old thread  ;)

http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?topic=201017.0

Tombo

• Getbig V
« Reply #47 on: February 23, 2009, 07:47:42 AM »
I don't like to do it at first but nothing will shred the fat like the running. After a few week when it not so terrible it become enjoyable a bit. I don't do it now though as it just kill my joints all the time. I too much muscle these days but you can get very similar effect by brisk walk and I do this every day. but walk at a brisk pace, not slouch.

North Africans are the best runners in the world. Clear example of superior Arab genetics - the Kenyan and Ethiopian who are good have Arab genes

but you're white, bro

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
« Reply #48 on: February 23, 2009, 07:54:57 AM »
running is still gay.

Sharma

• Getbig IV
  • TEAMNASSER4LIFE
« Reply #49 on: February 23, 2009, 08:57:17 AM »
running is still gay.

I honest not try to argue with you here but do you ever post about anything other than homosexuality?
I just notice that everything you ever post on here is either calling someone or something "gay". You seemed consumed by homosexuality.