Author Topic: Lee Priest looking totally jacked!  (Read 22947 times)

gibberj2

• Getbig IV
Re: Lee Priest looking totally jacked!
« Reply #75 on: June 15, 2006, 04:41:03 PM »
to gain you need more calories so if i take only 100 grams of protein a day what do the rest of my calories come from? i need to eat enough to build no?

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #76 on: June 15, 2006, 08:53:59 PM »
Well, go and get a textbook on nutrition that is used by graduate students in this subject at university. That is your source of information.

The three sources of fuel in the body are fats, sugars and starches, and proteins. Since protein is expensive and has to be broken down in the liver then it is best to get energy from fats, starches and sugars. It should be easy to find these foods if you look. One useful way is to buy the little Calorie Counter book that cost about $5. Then study which foods have lots of calories and consume those. Make sure you have a balanced diet. By balanced I refer to getting all the essential nutrients from different food groups. Bodybuilders tend to go to extremes when it comes to diet. Most have little clue about what they really need but consume way too much of just about everything. That is crazy. Consume the minimum that you need. That is being intelligent. However, you will have to study nutrition first. If you have to ask basic questions then you really need to learn more. Then you will be able to assess information much better. By the way, there is no such thing as junk food but you can have a junk diet. A food cannot also be junk.

gibberj2

• Getbig IV
« Reply #77 on: June 15, 2006, 09:02:37 PM »
well gaining is all about a calorie deficit isn't it? and if i need such little protein. Assuming 100 grams that's only 400 calories. If I'm eating 2800 calories the other 2400 have to come from fats and carbs. There are many vastly different opinions about this stuff. My understanding always was that bodybuilders were ahead of everyone else when it comes to training and diet. The textbooks that are written that say you need like 12% protein. Bodybuilding books say otherwise. At this moment I'm doing very well with a diet from Vince Gironda's book. Lots of eggs, beef etc, lots of salads and about 1 banana for the rest of the carbs.

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #78 on: June 16, 2006, 03:34:15 AM »
If you need protein it is not broken down and used for energy. I could be wrong but I didn't think it worked that way. What seems to happen is that excess protein is converted to energy. If you need 2800 calories then you need to consume that many in all the foods you eat. If you need 100 grams of protein and consume 200 grams then the excess 100 grams will be converted to energy, not the 200 grams. You will have to consult a textbook to make sure this is correct.

danielson

• Getbig V
  • Basile likes young lads
« Reply #79 on: June 17, 2006, 04:25:55 PM »
Is Lee technically a "midget"? or a "dwarf"? I don't know the correct term.
E

tom joad

• Getbig V
« Reply #80 on: June 17, 2006, 04:47:24 PM »
Is Lee technically a "midget"? or a "dwarf"? I don't know the correct term.

I think the politically correct term nowadays is "little person."

danielson

• Getbig V
  • Basile likes young lads
« Reply #81 on: June 17, 2006, 04:55:43 PM »
I think the politically correct term nowadays is "little person."

I think he has done a wonderful job with his body considering he is such a runt.
E

Oliver Klaushof

• Getbig IV
« Reply #82 on: June 28, 2006, 04:18:14 PM »
Here is another ridiculous post. You must be one of those 6'4 pip squeaks in the gym that finds every excuse in the book because you can't put on any size. How the hell do you explain all these other pro's that are over the 6' margin and weigh in excess of 250lbs?? Height has absolutely nothing to do with it. I suggest you get your ass back into the gym promptly and hit the weights. Never mind the complaining.
PB

You clown. Where are all these 6' pros you speak of. 90% of bodybuilders are short (5'6-5'8'' I'm guessing). Lee is so short he makes the other guys look tall. Coleman is 5'11''(maybe lol) Jay is 5'8''-5'9'' Dex is like 5'6'' Badell is like 5'7'' these are the top guys and they're all short! The fact is, short people (on average) are thicker. It's takes less calories to fill them out because they have less to fill out. Lee is too extreme though to be considered aesthetic. Armz is right about 5'8''-5'10'' being ideal for bodybuilders, unless you are a genetic freak.
"Shut the F up and train"

gettingbetter

• Getbig III
  • Fuck Yeah!
« Reply #83 on: June 29, 2006, 12:02:08 PM »
If you need protein it is not broken down and used for energy. I could be wrong but I didn't think it worked that way. What seems to happen is that excess protein is converted to energy. If you need 2800 calories then you need to consume that many in all the foods you eat. If you need 100 grams of protein and consume 200 grams then the excess 100 grams will be converted to energy, not the 200 grams. You will have to consult a textbook to make sure this is correct.

True that, the protein industry is just crazy. Whey is basically junk left over when converting milk to cheese. It's a waste so it's not even worth 5 cents a pound, yet most company sell whey protein powder (the extraction process is inexpensive btw) about 10 dollars a pound. That's just wrong imo, but gotta admire the marketing behind it all.

Nathan

• Getbig III
  • 5'11 185 lbs
« Reply #84 on: July 23, 2006, 09:50:31 AM »
All i know is i used to take protien and creatine and made great gains. Then one day I thought huuum wat if i dont need it? It's costing me a small fortune so i stoped and low and behold i made the exact same gains for a long time, and even lost 2" of fat off my midsection! It's been years since I've used any supps and never have i been disapointed!
The only reason i can see for supps is to help fund BB'ers but then u might as well send em a check and cut out the middle man lol.
P

210 and growing

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #85 on: July 24, 2006, 05:17:53 AM »

i gotta agree with this - i stopped using supps (protein powder and creatine) and as long as you eat enough calories they dont make any difference whatsoever 9or didnt to me anyway)

gibberj2

• Getbig IV
« Reply #86 on: July 24, 2006, 05:26:45 AM »
Nathan when you stopped drinking protein shakes did you go back to 3 meals a day or still did 5 or 6?