Author Topic: Luke Wood needs a kidney transplant  (Read 76438 times)

skull crusher

• Time Out
  • Getbig II
Luke Wood needs a kidney transplant
« on: December 10, 2009, 09:32:15 PM »
Rumor is he was getting ready to do a guest pose earlier in the year, and had to pull out after becoming ill. Turns out he has to start dialysis soon ,and will need a transplant. Hes been preparing everyone for the inevitable shrinkage,  by telling everyone hes sick of being big. Very sad. Add Luke to the growing list of bodybuilders melting their kidneys  :'(

BIG_STI

• Getbig IV
  • www.illpumpyouup.com/
Re: LUKE WOOD: NEEDS KIDNEY TRANSPLANT
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2009, 09:36:29 PM »
whos gimmick are you ?

The.Giant

• Getbig IV
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2009, 09:36:52 PM »
HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Pro Bodybuilders are pictures of health.
It's Hip to be Square!

MuscleMcMannus

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2009, 09:38:06 PM »
I think it's safe to say bodybuilders nowadays are melting their kidneys due to their drug abuse i.e. pain meds, diuretics and all the other stupid shit.  How can guys like Arnold, Haney, and TONS of others go through decades of BBing without needing a fucking kidney transplant.  How old is Luke Wood anyways?  30s?  Bodybuilders are fucking walking chemistry experiments nowadays.

MAXX

• Getbig V
  • MAGA
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2009, 09:39:32 PM »

Matt C

• Getbig V
  • The White Vince Goodrum
« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2009, 09:53:18 PM »
Rumor is he was getting ready to do a guest pose earlier in the year, and had to pull out after becoming ill. Turns out he has to start dialysis soon ,and will need a transplant.Hes been preparing everyone for the inevitable shrinkage,  by telling everyone hes sick of being big.Very sad. Add Luke to the growing list of bodybuilders melting their kidneys  :'(

Someone verify this.
Bodybuilding Pro.com

kiwiol

• Getbig V
  • Who is John Galt?
« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2009, 09:54:56 PM »
I'll believe it if someone like Tony Doherty says it.

Doug_Steele

• Getbig V
  • I'm totally Brolic, bro!
« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2009, 09:55:00 PM »
Someone verify this.

It could be true.
D

io856

« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2009, 10:10:23 PM »
Someone verify this.
he was supposed to guest pose in october but didn't

that part is correct

skull crusher

• Time Out
  • Getbig II
« Reply #9 on: December 10, 2009, 10:18:56 PM »
I'll believe it if someone like Tony Doherty says it.
The person that told me, was told by Tony Doherty. So I'm sure it will be verified. If he doesn't he is a liar!!!

Stavios

« Reply #10 on: December 10, 2009, 10:23:18 PM »
Why the fuck would someone "prepare" for a guest posing in the first place ?  :-\

kiwiol

• Getbig V
  • Who is John Galt?
« Reply #11 on: December 10, 2009, 10:24:00 PM »
The person that told me, was told by Tony Doherty. So I'm sure it will be verified. If he doesn't he is a liar!!!

Nothing against you, but we don't know you and over the years, there's been lots of new accounts coming out with rumors and gossip that were proven to be false later on.

Hope things go well for Luke if it's true :-\

skull crusher

• Time Out
  • Getbig II
« Reply #12 on: December 10, 2009, 10:36:06 PM »
Thats true. But it will be hard to keep it secret much longer. Don't know why bodybuilders would risk everything for this so called sport. Wouldn't wish this shit on anyone.But everyone needs to know how dangerous this game is.

dyslexic

• Getbig V
  • baddoggy
« Reply #13 on: December 10, 2009, 10:50:29 PM »
It's like anything else...

once you start, you can't stop.

uberman09

• Getbig IV
« Reply #14 on: December 10, 2009, 10:53:40 PM »
how retarded you have to be to destroy your own internal organs almost on purpose ... I hope he thinks it was worth it...

Tito24

• Getbig V
  • I'm a large man but.. one with a plan
« Reply #15 on: December 10, 2009, 10:59:50 PM »
Why the fuck would someone "prepare" for a guest posing in the first place ?  :-\

Luke always looked great at Guest posing...Not so great in regular contests on the other hand..he did to many experiments come contest time and they back fired most of the time

I hope it wasn't the result of a certain mercurial based diuretic, where the jett pours it into cup for you

If this is true..i hope he recovers quickly..good luck

Tony Doherty

• Expert
  • Getbig IV
  • Pro Promoter
« Reply #16 on: December 10, 2009, 11:01:04 PM »
I just got off the phone to Luke, he is well considering what he has been through.

About three months ago he was told the worst and was looking at dialysis and perhaps a kidney transplant.

He has had dozens of blood test and luckily his levels have stabilised for now and he has not needed to start treatment at this stage.

He is on a very  low protein diet and after a few months out of the gym is back training.

He took it pretty hard and when I saw him in October was pretty ordinary. We spoke about the importance of perspective and the irony of hindsight. Luke had an amazing ride and became one of the best in the world at what he loved. Unfortunately, for a whole lot of reasons, he burnt out.

He has retired from pro bodybuilding and is looking forward to getting on with the rest of his life. He is a gentleman and kind person, I wish him every success from this point forward.

I told Luke that we liked him cause he was a good guy, not because he has big muscles.

Luke has been a great supporter of my pro contests, TV shows and gyms. He has always been the first to send congratulations when my 4 kids were born.

Good luck Luke.

As for everyone here, please take it easy it is bad karma to kick someone when they are down.

TD.

uberman09

• Getbig IV
« Reply #17 on: December 10, 2009, 11:04:53 PM »
another one to add to the list. When will they learn.

Who's next?

when I saw him in October was pretty ordinary.
I told Luke that we liked him cause he was a good guy, not because he has HAD big muscles.

fixed and welcome back down to earth with the mere mortals.

Oh, and why mention "luck" ? like what happened to him has anything to do with being "unlucky"...

Quickerblade

• Getbig V
  • "Check my soundscan, Check my instagram"
« Reply #18 on: December 10, 2009, 11:05:43 PM »
Oh fuck, i was hoping it was just a rumour.

Good luck luke.

Matt C

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: December 10, 2009, 11:07:11 PM »
Bodybuilding Pro.com

TRIX

• Getbig IV
  • If you mess with me I'll have to fuck you up
« Reply #20 on: December 10, 2009, 11:07:25 PM »
I saw him at the australian fitness expo, he was still big and that was in april.

Matt C

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: December 10, 2009, 11:09:56 PM »
I saw him at the australian fitness expo, he was still big and that was in april.

Hi Luke.
Bodybuilding Pro.com

uberman09

• Getbig IV
« Reply #22 on: December 10, 2009, 11:10:25 PM »

outby43

• Getbig IV
  • Libertarians 2016
« Reply #23 on: December 10, 2009, 11:11:52 PM »
wasn't Luke the dude that was looking for Bigfoot?

uberman09

• Getbig IV
« Reply #24 on: December 10, 2009, 11:14:08 PM »
Washington, octobre 30, 2009
Using steroids for bodybuilding can damage kidney function

Anabolic steroids, taken by some athletes to gain muscle mass and strength, can destroy kidney function, says a new study.

The study revealed that the habitual use of steroids has serious harmful effects on the kidneys that were not previously recognized.

Leal Herlitz, MD (Columbia University Medical Center) and her colleagues recently conducted a study describing injury to the kidneys following long-term abuse of anabolic steroids.

The researchers studied a group of 10 bodybuilders who used steroids for many years and developed protein leakage into the urine and severe reductions in kidney function. Kidney tests revealed that nine of the ten bodybuilders developed a condition called focal segmental glomerulosclerosis, a type of scarring within the kidneys. This disease typically occurs when the kidneys are overworked. The kidney damage in the bodybuilders has similarities to that seen in morbidly obese patients, but appears to be even more severe.

When bodybuilders discontinued steroid use their kidney abnormalities improved, with the exception of one individual with advanced kidney disease who developed end-stage kidney failure and required dialysis. Also, one of the bodybuilders started taking steroids again and suffered a relapse of severe kidney dysfunction.  (  ;D  )

The researchers propose that extreme increases in muscle mass require the kidneys to increase their filtration rate, placing harmful levels of stress on these organs. It’s also likely that steroids have direct toxic effects on the kidneys. “Athletes who use anabolic steroids and the doctors caring for them need to be aware of the potentially serious risks to the kidney,” said Dr. Herlitz.

The study has been presented at the American Society of Nephrology’s 42nd Annual Meeting and Scientific Exposition in San Diego, CA.

Keywords: Anabolic steroids, harmful effects, protein leakage, kidney function, dialysis, medical research, health