Author Topic: insulin by itself?  (Read 1572 times)

Mussolini

• Getbig IV
  • riding shotgun on the team Nasser War wagon
insulin by itself?
« on: June 20, 2009, 02:18:46 PM »
Just curios would taking insulin by itself have any value to a bodybuilder if he didnt stack it with AAS or GH?
shotgun on the team

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
Re: insulin by itself?
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2009, 02:21:13 PM »
sure.. a little..

Mussolini

• Getbig IV
  • riding shotgun on the team Nasser War wagon
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2009, 02:36:39 PM »
sure.. a little..

Have you ever taken it by itself? I was thinking of running insulin in between cycles.
shotgun on the team

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2009, 02:37:09 PM »
Just curios would taking insulin by itself have any value to a bodybuilder if he didnt stack it with AAS or GH?

I have no idea.

I just know that a friend of mine who is a diabetic once told me that all he needed to do to lose weight (he was a little on the "husky" side at that moment) was to do something with his insulin.

Either cut down on it or raise it. I guess it was lower it.

Then he would just "piss out weight", according to him.

Sounded like a real healthy plan. 8)
As empty as paradise

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2009, 02:41:47 PM »
Have you ever taken it by itself? I was thinking of running insulin in between cycles.
never taken it by itself. i was speaking from a physiological view.

clued-up

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2009, 02:47:41 PM »

think *fat*.

MarkusV

• Getbig II
« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2009, 04:11:28 PM »

Sure,but if you really want anything from it you gotta take 45-1h before workout to get a good peak during the workout,sure risky but if you haven't super fast metabolism you will not gain anything from taking it after the workout..most of the gains will not be worth considering how much fat you gain.

Stavios

« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2009, 04:13:57 PM »
I know a huge dude who bridge with slin

claymore

• Getbig IV
« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2009, 04:53:12 PM »

Have you ever used insulin ?

MethodGNA

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • Been Real_Been Nice...But it Hasn't Been Real Nice
« Reply #9 on: June 20, 2009, 05:19:54 PM »
insulin is one of the most anabolic hormones in the human body, you could put on some muscle mass if you used insulin alone, but you would also gain a large quantity of fat.

i by no means am a biochem expert.....but insuling has a synergistic effect with growth hormone, T3, and an AAS, preferable testosterone

the growth is going to make the glycogen conversion from the insulin more efficient and the t3 is going to keep the metabolism burning hard enough that you wont gain that much adipose tissue from the insulin

so you can use it on your own, but unless you a very high metabolism i would be careful

dustin

« Reply #10 on: June 20, 2009, 06:17:20 PM »
Run it with some T3 and make sure to use a BSL monitor. In fact, I'd recommend experimenting with the monitor a month or two before even using slin. It's uneventful by itself. It can keep you full and you can make appreciable gains without AAS. With GH it is very synergistic but timing becomes an issue... but yeah... alone... uneventful.

Run some T3 and use it after cardio and workouts. You won't see anything too spectacular but if you're coming off a cycle, you can bridge using slin and other peptides and retain a good amount of mass.

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #11 on: June 20, 2009, 07:32:11 PM »
no offense to any previous posters...not insulting any ones intelligence here... dustin your my boy you know that.... but mussolini theres no need to t3 and you wont get fat...you just have to know how to use it right..... before/after your workout...times when your glycogen depleted and muscle cell insulin sensitivity is high... then you use th slin...and of your "insulin nutrition" (stuff entering your blood during the time when your insulin is active) you need to eat zero fat. (a good example to illustrate how low of fat...oatmeal is a clean carb, no? well it has 2 grams fat per 30 grams carbs... thats too much fat...so no oatmeal)

Tatyana

• Getbig III
« Reply #12 on: June 20, 2009, 07:50:42 PM »
Insulin works so well with anabolics (and is safer for steroid users) as high dose anabolics induces an insulin resistance in muscle cells, therefore the extra insulin almost compensates for one of the sides of the steroids.

Anabolics also can induce a short term hyperthyroidism, so there will be more naturally occurring T3 and T4 in the body, assisting in increasing metabolism so that there will be a lesser chance of weight/fat gain.

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #13 on: June 20, 2009, 07:51:56 PM »
Insulin works so well with anabolics (and is safer for steroid users) as high dose anabolics induces an insulin resistance in muscle cells, therefore the extra insulin almost compensates for one of the sides of the steroids.

Anabolics also can induce a short term hyperthyroidism, so there will be more naturally occurring T3 and T4 in the body, assisting in increasing metabolism so that there will be a lesser chance of weight/fat gain.

steroids most usually decrease thyroid output. hypothyroidism. you got your prefix backwards missy.

clued-up

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: June 20, 2009, 07:52:28 PM »

so, why are you still a virgin?

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #15 on: June 20, 2009, 07:57:46 PM »
no offense to any previous posters...not insulting any ones intelligence here... dustin your my boy you know that.... but mussolini theres no need to t3 and you wont get fat...you just have to know how to use it right..... before/after your workout...times when your glycogen depleted and muscle cell insulin sensitivity is high... then you use th slin...and of your "insulin nutrition" (stuff entering your blood during the time when your insulin is active) you need to eat zero fat. (a good example to illustrate how low of fat...oatmeal is a clean carb, no? well it has 2 grams fat per 30 grams carbs... thats too much fat...so no oatmeal)

never taken it by itself. i was speaking from a physiological view.
hahhahahahahahaaaa ;D
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Tatyana

• Getbig III
« Reply #16 on: June 20, 2009, 08:06:28 PM »
steroids most usually decrease thyroid output. hypothyroidism. you got your prefix backwards missy.

Possible, I am going from memory, however I thought this was the reason why so many who use steroids, in particular Tren, see a reduction in bodyfat even with a rubbish diet.

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #17 on: June 20, 2009, 08:11:04 PM »
Possible, I am going from memory, however I thought this was the reason why so many who use steroids, in particular Tren, see a reduction in bodyfat even with a rubbish diet.

tren is probably the hardest hit to thyroid output.

steroids lean one out from several things. whole-body insulin sensitivity decreased(fat cells included). androgen receptors located on adipose. increase in P synthesis increases energy expenditure. increased growth hormone levels.  etc etc.

Tatyana

• Getbig III
« Reply #18 on: June 20, 2009, 08:15:49 PM »
tren is probably the hardest hit to thyroid output.

steroids lean one out from several things. whole-body insulin sensitivity decreased(fat cells included). androgen receptors located on adipose. increase in P synthesis increases energy expenditure. increased growth hormone levels.  etc etc.

Do you have any proper papers?

This is one of the only things I could find (I must admit I haven't tried that hard):

thyroid and Stanozolol Interactions
BackYou searched for interactions between:

thyroid (thyroid desiccated)
Stanozolol (stanozolol)
Interaction(s) found:

stanozolol and thyroid desiccated (Moderate Drug-Drug)

MONITOR: Androgens may induce reversible clinical hyperthyroidism in patients receiving thyroid hormone replacement therapy. The proposed mechanism is androgen-induced decrease in T4 binding globulin resulting in decreased serum T4, increased T3 uptake resin and free T4, and decreased TSH levels.

MANAGEMENT: Clinical and laboratory monitoring of thyroid function may be necessary, as may a 25% to 50% reduction in thyroid hormone dosage.

http://www.drugs.com/drug-interactions/thyroid_d00655_stanozolol_d00565.html

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #19 on: June 20, 2009, 08:24:38 PM »
Do you have any proper papers?

This is one of the only things I could find (I must admit I haven't tried that hard):

thyroid and Stanozolol Interactions
BackYou searched for interactions between:

thyroid (thyroid desiccated)
Stanozolol (stanozolol)
Interaction(s) found:

stanozolol and thyroid desiccated (Moderate Drug-Drug)

MONITOR: Androgens may induce reversible clinical hyperthyroidism in patients receiving thyroid hormone replacement therapy. The proposed mechanism is androgen-induced decrease in T4 binding globulin resulting in decreased serum T4, increased T3 uptake resin and free T4, and decreased TSH levels.

MANAGEMENT: Clinical and laboratory monitoring of thyroid function may be necessary, as may a 25% to 50% reduction in thyroid hormone dosage.

http://www.drugs.com/drug-interactions/thyroid_d00655_stanozolol_d00565.html

thats an interesting piece there bu i see it is in patients receiving thyroid replacement. which is quite a big variable.

youll have to excuse me as i have company arriving and dont have time to go pull up any "proper papers"... however by the time im back im sure a fellow nerd will come in with some stuff for you... cue dustin or van bilderass or emmortal

dustin

« Reply #20 on: June 20, 2009, 08:40:19 PM »

I didn't suggest T3 to "shield" him from fat. I think that T3 has it's place but people misunderstand it's synergism with insulin. It surely helps with metabolism and curbing fat gains, but I'm talking from a protein and glycogen synthesis standpoint. If he's taking no other anabolics he wants to maximize his insulin usage. It's synergistic for a myriad of reasons, staving fat is not my primary reasoning but I definitely know what you're talking about, bro. I take no offense.

I do EXACTLY what you say. We're surfing on the same brain waves. I'm a little more liberal with the fat intake though. I'll consume as much as 10g of fat with my insulin. I have no way to measure visceral fat but I'm only taking 40mcg of T3 ED with usually 5-8iu of slin post cardio and 10-15iu post workout. Still experimenting. But with all my experimenting I'm staying full, gaining muscle and leaning out. Can't fucking wait till my gear arrives.... I took things for granted. I've learned so much while being off cycle and experimenting with slin!