Author Topic: 2014 NBA - The Heat will not win it all this year.  (Read 79383 times)

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
Re: 2014 NBA - The Heat will not win it all this year.
« Reply #950 on: June 24, 2014, 08:30:31 AM »
Dwight Howard always sends of the insecure vibe as well sitting on the side line chewing on his shirt color.  Mental midgets.  That's why they need college.  Good college coaches teach boys to become men where NBA coaches expect you to just act like a man but it's hard to do with these young guys who are treated like a superstar from age 13.

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
  • I read at least a dozen primary sources a day
« Reply #951 on: June 24, 2014, 08:36:49 AM »
Dwight Howard always sends of the insecure vibe as well sitting on the side line chewing on his shirt color.  Mental midgets.  That's why they need college.  Good college coaches teach boys to become men where NBA coaches expect you to just act like a man but it's hard to do with these young guys who are treated like a superstar from age 13.

x2

I can't imagine becoming a professional at 18 years old and expected to be and act like a full-grown man.  Must be very difficult.

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #952 on: June 24, 2014, 08:37:12 AM »
I think it goes hand in hand, PERFECTLY.

A player that is 100% confident, independent, a self-actualized man... He has no problem plopping down in a new city and voila, adapt and grow any place he arrives.  Does not give a fck.  Think "shaq" back in the day.  Went where the $ and titles were.  Had his mistresses.  Family followed him and shaq just knew, he owned it.

LeBron is soft.  Insecure.  Biting his nails at age 25 during finals lol.  Scared of the big moment.  A person like that NEEDS more reassurance.  He NEEDS to have his friends and mama around him.  He NEEDS the warm fuzzy feeling of going back to his high school once a month.  He NEEDS familiar streets, a solid home base.  He NEEDS safe, secure, comfy and FAMILIAR.  insecure people LOVE familiar.  Highly confident people LOVE new places, new challenges.

I think LeBron is much more at ease, at peace, happy and content being in his hometown, with his small group of friends/family, going home to the same bed he knows.  He is NOT the kobe playboy, banging 2 olympian hotties at the time in sauna on other side of world.  He's just not built like that.  

Insecure, immature people DEFINITELY prefer the same, safe home.  (Lebron)
Confident, outgoing, dominat personalities prefer the new place, new challenge.  (Shaq)
Yeah, ok dude. You really need to read what you write. You have NO clue how the man is. Just like with zimmerman, everuthing you say is indicative of how YOU think, not him.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #953 on: June 24, 2014, 08:45:10 AM »
Yeah, ok dude. You really need to read what you write. You have NO clue how the man is. Just like with zimmerman, everuthing you say is indicative of how YOU think, not him.

don't just attack me - tell me what is incorrect about what I wrote. 

Insecure dude wants to be where he's familiar and comfy.
Secure dude wants new challenges, places, people and adventures.

What's wrong about that?   ???  You want to change topic to zimmerman because you can't argue with what I wrote there?  I think it's a great case for lebron returning to Ohio.

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #954 on: June 24, 2014, 08:49:04 AM »
don't just attack me - tell me what is incorrect about what I wrote. 

Insecure dude wants to be where he's familiar and comfy.
Secure dude wants new challenges, places, people and adventures.

What's wrong about that?   ???  You want to change topic to zimmerman because you can't argue with what I wrote there?  I think it's a great case for lebron returning to Ohio.
Im saying that everything youre throwing out there is just ridiculous leaps of logic based on YOUR thought process'. It has really nothing to do with him.

Youre not making guesses based on his actions, or his words, or anything concrete, youre making assumptions based on how you think he feels inside and how you think he thinks, sprinkled with some unrelated events here and there,... which is absolutely impossible for you to have any clue about.

Ronnie Rep

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #955 on: June 24, 2014, 08:59:29 AM »
I think it goes hand in hand, PERFECTLY.

A player that is 100% confident, independent, a self-actualized man... He has no problem plopping down in a new city and voila, adapt and grow any place he arrives.  Does not give a fck.  Think "shaq" back in the day.  Went where the $ and titles were.  Had his mistresses.  Family followed him and shaq just knew, he owned it.

LeBron is soft.  Insecure.  Biting his nails at age 25 during finals lol.  Scared of the big moment.  A person like that NEEDS more reassurance.  He NEEDS to have his friends and mama around him.  He NEEDS the warm fuzzy feeling of going back to his high school once a month.  He NEEDS familiar streets, a solid home base.  He NEEDS safe, secure, comfy and FAMILIAR.  insecure people LOVE familiar.  Highly confident people LOVE new places, new challenges.

I think LeBron is much more at ease, at peace, happy and content being in his hometown, with his small group of friends/family, going home to the same bed he knows.  He is NOT the kobe playboy, banging 2 olympian hotties at the time in sauna on other side of world.  He's just not built like that.  

Insecure, immature people DEFINITELY prefer the same, safe home.  (Lebron)
Confident, outgoing, dominat personalities prefer the new place, new challenge.  (Shaq)
You can tell from his body language. I say bullshit he is comfortable in Miami, he can travel back to Akron in the off season with his wife and kids which he does since he's been here. He ain't going to Cleveland.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #956 on: June 24, 2014, 08:59:51 AM »
Im saying that everything youre throwing out there is just ridiculous leaps of logic based on YOUR thought process'. It has really nothing to do with him.

Youre not making guesses based on his actions, or his words, or anything concrete, youre making assumptions based on how you think he feels inside and how you think he thinks, sprinkled with some unrelated events here and there,... which is absolutely impossible for you to have any clue about.

I think we can look at his history and recent actions and overall personality and make some decent guesses about where he'll land, what team/city he will choose. It's fan discussion.  Lebron went to my high school.  I know the project building he lived in, it was a mile from where I lived.  I've watched him in CLE and almost every game he's played in miami.  He moved to FL like I did, and my guess is that he's moving back to do the family thing in Ohio now.

Pundits are doing the same thing on tv.  it's what fans do, we watch the sport and players we like, and wonder what the next season will hold.  no biggie, nothing to get all serious about.  I don't think I'm that far off-base.  Transferring kids across the country for school is a fairly big deal, a decent clue that some kind of change is in the air.  I do'nt see making such a disruptive change, just to re-up in Miami when they're already offering him a blank check, essentially.

Ronnie Rep

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #957 on: June 24, 2014, 09:56:42 AM »
I think we can look at his history and recent actions and overall personality and make some decent guesses about where he'll land, what team/city he will choose. It's fan discussion.  Lebron went to my high school.  I know the project building he lived in, it was a mile from where I lived.  I've watched him in CLE and almost every game he's played in miami.  He moved to FL like I did, and my guess is that he's moving back to do the family thing in Ohio now.

Pundits are doing the same thing on tv.  it's what fans do, we watch the sport and players we like, and wonder what the next season will hold.  no biggie, nothing to get all serious about.  I don't think I'm that far off-base.  Transferring kids across the country for school is a fairly big deal, a decent clue that some kind of change is in the air.  I do'nt see making such a disruptive change, just to re-up in Miami when they're already offering him a blank check, essentially.
The one thing you leave out of the equation is Miami Heat organization is very similar to San Antonio. It has a family feel to it. Every key person in the organization has been here a long time. He ain't getting that in Cleveland and the past with Dan Gilbert. Lebron trusts and respects Pat Riley. Spo has earned his trust and respect. Same with Mickey Arison.

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
  • I can spot crazy pussy....
« Reply #958 on: June 24, 2014, 10:35:33 AM »
The pussification of these marquee players like Lebron and Carmelo is unbelievable. To quote Stephen A. Smith "they have expressed a mutual desire(gay as fuck) to play together on the same team full-time before their careers are over".... ::) ::)

What a couple of pussies from two top 5 NBA players. Each of those guys should be looking at each other and saying to themselves, 'I want to beat this guy every time we play, fuck him!' That was Jordan and Bird's attitude every time they took the floor.

Jesus Christ I miss 80's and 90's NBA quality basketball. Now, all the top guys want to join up and ride each other's coat tails to chase rings. What a joke.

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #959 on: June 24, 2014, 10:44:11 AM »
James is outta there, he will be joining Tim Duncan for another championship next year.

no one

• Getbig V
  • have i hurt your feelings?
« Reply #960 on: June 24, 2014, 11:50:09 AM »

240 is the boards sports conspiracy theorist.

and his ideas are as out there as any conspiracy theorists.

like saying the clippers owner sterling knew he was being recorded and purposely was racist in the hopes that the tapes would be released and catapult the value of his team thru the roof.  ::) lol Jesus.

he is the equivalent of the tin foil hat wearing whack job when it comes to some of his theories and ideas. .
b

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #961 on: June 24, 2014, 01:22:26 PM »
Duh, isn't it common sense that when you talk shit about something that the value goes up?

240 is the boards sports conspiracy theorist.

and his ideas are as out there as any conspiracy theorists.

like saying the clippers owner sterling knew he was being recorded and purposely was racist in the hopes that the tapes would be released and catapult the value of his team thru the roof.  ::) lol Jesus.

he is the equivalent of the tin foil hat wearing whack job when it comes to some of his theories and ideas. .

no one

• Getbig V
« Reply #962 on: June 24, 2014, 01:45:51 PM »
Duh, isn't it common sense that when you talk shit about something that the value goes up?

I can just picture sterling sitting in his office hatching this scheme.

'wait a minute. eventhough im already worth 2 billion I'll knowingly paint myself a racist in a recorded conversation. the NBA will freak out and probably try to make me sell my team for making myself a racist spectacle. the price of my team will skyrocket! holy fuck this genius!'
b

Pray_4_War

• Getbig V
  • Thot Expert
« Reply #963 on: June 24, 2014, 02:14:50 PM »
I remember the days when the top players in the league wanted to compete against each other instead of all join the same team and stack the odds in their favor.  Ring chasing bitchmade, beta-ass phaggots..

The_Punisher

• Getbig V
  • The Unrighteous Shall Pay
« Reply #964 on: June 24, 2014, 02:28:55 PM »
well, this ain't the 80's and 90's NBA anymore. deal with it. if a guy wanna chase more rings where he thinks has potential, so be it.....had LBJ stayed in Cleveland another 4yrs, he's still be home watching the NBA finals instead of playing in the Finals. the man got the right to do as pleased and he's not slave to nobody

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #965 on: June 24, 2014, 02:48:25 PM »
well, this ain't the 80's and 90's NBA anymore. deal with it. if a guy wanna chase more rings where he thinks has potential, so be it.....had LBJ stayed in Cleveland another 4yrs, he's still be home watching the NBA finals instead of playing in the Finals. the man got the right to do as pleased and he's not slave to nobody

Then by all means, please continue to watch this current shit version of the NBA and enjoy....

Pray_4_War

• Getbig V
  • Thot Expert
« Reply #966 on: June 24, 2014, 03:00:46 PM »

That's fine.  They should be allowed to play where they want to play and take pay that is less than their market value if they want.  Just don't expect anyone to value all those cheap rings they pick up as a result of colluding with the other best players in the league to fix the odds in their favor.

Nails

• Getbig V
  • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jsi5VTzJpPw
« Reply #967 on: June 24, 2014, 03:07:32 PM »

OR will he play for Donald Sterling Next year  ??? ???

no one

• Getbig V
« Reply #968 on: June 24, 2014, 03:22:15 PM »
you can't buy championships.

ask George Steinbrenner.

it's a team sport. playing as a squad requires a certain amount of chemistry. that's why a lot of teams 'on paper' don't look great but win. that's why so many great teams get built thru the draft process.

let LBJ ring chase. won't do him any good. it'll put fans in the seats but no rings on his fingers. and every professional team owner wants that ring. one of the few professional team exceptions to this rule are those teams owned by corporate entities as an investment, like the toronto maple leafs. they'll never win a championship cause to spend the money to build such a team doesn't make sense when they sell out every home game they play.

b

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #969 on: June 24, 2014, 03:33:42 PM »
you can't buy championships.

ask George Steinbrenner.

it's a team sport. playing as a squad requires a certain amount of chemistry. that's why a lot of teams 'on paper' don't look great but win. that's why so many great teams get built thru the draft process.

let LBJ ring chase. won't do him any good. it'll put fans in the seats but no rings on his fingers. and every professional team owner wants that ring. one of the few professional team exceptions to this rule are those teams owned by corporate entities as an investment, like the toronto maple leafs. they'll never win a championship cause to spend the money to build such a team doesn't make sense when they sell out every home game they play.

No disrespect....but using George Steinbrenner as an example as not being able to buy championships is fucking stupid. if there was EVER a guy in sports team ownership who bought championships...it was George. His pockets were bottomless with the help of their TV contract money.

Every year between 1995-2007 Cashman traded prospects and emptied out his farm system for big name one year players and sign marquee free agents like Giambi, Clemens and A-Rod to huge contracts. it was a big reason why critics argued for a salary cap but the players union would never agree to it.

Every year during that time frame the Yankees stayed at the top of baseball and won a few World Series along the way. ('96,98,'99,00,'09)

no one

• Getbig V
« Reply #970 on: June 24, 2014, 05:38:59 PM »
No disrespect....but using George Steinbrenner as an example as not being able to buy championships is fucking stupid. if there was EVER a guy in sports team ownership who bought championships...it was George. His pockets were bottomless with the help of their TV contract money.

Every year between 1995-2007 Cashman traded prospects and emptied out his farm system for big name one year players and sign marquee free agents like Giambi, Clemens and A-Rod to huge contracts. it was a big reason why critics argued for a salary cap but the players union would never agree to it.

Every year during that time frame the Yankees stayed at the top of baseball and won a few World Series along the way. ('96,98,'99,00,'09)

really?

how many championships have the yankees won in the past 14 years bro? one.

how much money did he spend chasing them in that decade and a half? im not talking about 'the top of baseball'. im talking about spending money to bring championships home. yeah you can spend money, build a team that competes. but you need chemistry to win championships. nobody cares about being competitive. all that matters is the ring. end of story.
b

Lustral

• Getbig V
  • FREE NOODLES
« Reply #971 on: June 24, 2014, 05:45:17 PM »
really?

how much money did he spend chasing them in that decade and a half? im not talking about 'the top of baseball'. im talking about spending money to bring championships home. yeah you can spend money, build a team that competes. but you need chemistry to win championships. nobody cares about being competitive. all that matters is the ring. end of story.

I'm ignorant re basketball but look at Real Madrid in football. Repeatedly break transfer records (Ronaldo, Figo, Zidane, Ronaldo (Portuguese one) Bale... they won champions league in 2002 and weren't in final til this year when they won. Average salary is £5m ($8m??) per year for ALL of 23 man squad. They are richest football team, most valuable brand, same as yankees. Known worldwide.

hardgainerj

• Getbig V
« Reply #972 on: June 24, 2014, 07:00:40 PM »

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #973 on: June 24, 2014, 07:24:34 PM »
really?

I was referencing the years 1996-2007, by the way. Since that time the MLB has imposed a considerable luxury tax that hits big markets teams hard when they try to outspend and ultimately buy a championship. The playing field has leveled out somewhat between the bigger and smaller market teams because of this luxury tax. Steinbrenner paid over 254 million in luxury tax since 2003. When he died, the Yankees spending philosophy changed along with it. No more stupid A-rod contracts.

George spent a shit load to bring the top talent to the Yankees. Make no mistake about it. He stopped running the team in 2006. So we're talking 20 years where the Yankees were near the top of baseball with 4 World Series during the time, including 3 straight. I'd say he spent quite a bit in order to buy titles. i don't think chemistry plays as large a part in baseball as it does the other major sports.

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
  • I read at least a dozen primary sources a day
« Reply #974 on: June 24, 2014, 07:30:41 PM »
i don't think chemistry plays as large a part in baseball as it does the other major sports.

Baseball is interesting in this regard.  It's essentially a series of individual performances.