Author Topic: Blue Stars and DOMS.  (Read 119407 times)

Skeletor

• Getbig V
  • Silence you furry fool!
Re: Blue Stars and DOMS.
« Reply #625 on: May 09, 2017, 05:37:02 PM »
I have stated before that one needs to be an expert to detect another expert in a particular field. The problem with bodybuilding is that everyone with a 16 inch arm considers that they are experts.

When you read the concerns of so many who don't know how to get any bigger doesn't this prove that they are hardly experts?

When someone comes up with a new way of approaching a discipline it won't be accepted by the majority. Look at how long it took for humanity to accept that the earth goes around the sun?

So I don't expect bodybuilders to abandon what they believe. This isn't going to happen. Are there  many philosophers of science among bodybuilders? I seem to be the only one.

Mike Mentzer and Arthur Jones were philosophers but they didn't get it right re the theory of hypertrophy. They were only partly right which isn't sufficient. They had a necessary condition

but not all the sufficient conditions. They got the intensity part correct but underestimated the total time under tension that is required. In other words, you need volume as well but still

require exceedingly hard training to make the muscles have to grow.

You are not the only one, there is also Kai Greene, deep thinker and founder of the "thoughts become things" school of philosophy:

SGT BARNES

• Getbig IV
  • crush your enemies, see them driven before you
« Reply #626 on: May 09, 2017, 06:15:57 PM »
"philosophers of science".....fucking christ...when you think basile cant be any more full of shit he pulls a jewel like that one.

Kwon

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #627 on: May 09, 2017, 06:24:39 PM »
"philosophers of science".....fucking christ...when you think basile cant be any more full of shit he pulls a jewel like that one.

Thoughts become things...
Q

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #628 on: May 09, 2017, 07:34:11 PM »
I have stated before that one needs to be an expert to detect another expert in a particular field. The problem with bodybuilding is that everyone with a 16 inch arm considers that they are experts.

When you read the concerns of so many who don't know how to get any bigger doesn't this prove that they are hardly experts?

When someone comes up with a new way of approaching a discipline it won't be accepted by the majority. Look at how long it took for humanity to accept that the earth goes around the sun?

So I don't expect bodybuilders to abandon what they believe. This isn't going to happen. Are there  many philosophers of science among bodybuilders? I seem to be the only one.

Mike Mentzer and Arthur Jones were philosophers but they didn't get it right re the theory of hypertrophy. They were only partly right which isn't sufficient. They had a necessary condition

but not all the sufficient conditions. They got the intensity part correct but underestimated the total time under tension that is required. In other words, you need volume as well but still

Lol. Geez, you're so upset that you didn't make a substantial impact in the bodybuilding industry that you need to proclaim yourself a "scientist."

Damn, this is rather sad.
X

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #629 on: May 09, 2017, 07:39:01 PM »
Lol. Geez, you're so upset that you didn't make a substantial impact in the bodybuilding industry that you need to proclaim yourself a "scientist."

Damn, this is rather sad.

I don't claim any such thing. I have a masters degree where I specialized in the philosophy of science.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #630 on: May 09, 2017, 08:01:45 PM »
I don't claim any such thing. I have a masters degree where I specialized in the philosophy of science.

Too bad you don't apply that to weightlifting.
X

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #631 on: May 09, 2017, 10:10:44 PM »

So I don't expect bodybuilders to abandon what they believe. This isn't going to happen. Are there  many philosophers of science among bodybuilders? I seem to be the only one.

Vince, you're not a philosopher.... You're a bitter and pompous person who claims to be the messiah of hypertrophy, exercise equipment and photoshop, begging for recognition and stars for multiple decades...

As for me, I never claimed to be an expert, I just share my personal views.

bigmc

• Getbig V
« Reply #632 on: May 09, 2017, 11:57:12 PM »

you are morbidly obese

practice what you  preach

for then you will receive the recognition you crave
T

Rascal full

• Getbig IV
« Reply #633 on: May 10, 2017, 03:28:09 AM »

So I don't expect bodybuilders to abandon what they believe. This isn't going to happen. Are there  many philosophers of science among bodybuilders? I seem to be the only one.

I think over coming plateaus is the hardest part of bodybuilding. I recently started training again after an extended lay off and to begin with my muscles responded tremendously well to actually very little stimulus. I appreciate this is always the way and putting on 'old' muscle is much easier than creating 'new' muscle. It is only as the weeks turn to months and your training becomes longer and harder that ironically the results start to dwindle. This can create a mental hurdle where it is hard to motivate oneself to perform an agonisingly brutal work-out for what appears very little pay off.

Ideas to motivate and keep yourself fresh and invigorated are the keys to consistency and continual progress.

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #634 on: May 10, 2017, 04:58:18 AM »
I think over coming plateaus is the hardest part of bodybuilding. I recently started training again after an extended lay off and to begin with my muscles responded tremendously well to actually very little stimulus. I appreciate this is always the way and putting on 'old' muscle is much easier than creating 'new' muscle. It is only as the weeks turn to months and your training becomes longer and harder that ironically the results start to dwindle. This can create a mental hurdle where it is hard to motivate oneself to perform an agonisingly brutal work-out for what appears very little pay off.

Ideas to motivate and keep yourself fresh and invigorated are the keys to consistency and continual progress.

One of the things few bodybuilders consider is to cut down on what they are doing. Why train the whole body twice a week? Pick two body parts and try to make them grow.

Don't worry about the rest because they will benefit from the brutal growth producing workouts. Train them for 2 to 3 weeks then change to other parts.

Most trainees believe you have to train all muscles each week or they will atrophy. Not true. I found that training only arms stimulated my whole upper body.  

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #635 on: May 10, 2017, 05:20:03 AM »
^^^ AJ claimed the exact same thing

bigmc

• Getbig V
« Reply #636 on: May 10, 2017, 05:29:01 AM »
^^^ AJ claimed the exact same thing
T

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #637 on: May 10, 2017, 05:50:28 AM »
^^^ hahaha

his legs are too good for mine

anyways, i've started up a torso size blast and things are going very very well indeed  ;)

my chest and lats are blowing up

KA-PAP!!!!

my prized pecs are my best bodypart and they are coming back in full force chief-o  8)

i'll post up pics of my prized torso soon enough jonesy

bigmc

• Getbig V
« Reply #638 on: May 10, 2017, 06:06:39 AM »
^^^ hahaha

his legs are too good for mine

anyways, i've started up a torso size blast and things are going very very well indeed  ;)

my chest and lats are blowing up

KA-PAP!!!!

my prized pecs are my best bodypart and they are coming back in full force chief-o  8)

i'll post up pics of my prized torso soon enough jonesy

no you wont chief

not with your face showing homes

unless its the twenty year old pic bra

you know the one you have been living of for years

you are horrific to behold
T

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #639 on: May 10, 2017, 06:12:28 AM »
^^^^ well my real life experience indicates otherwise so keep telling yourself that to make you feel better fatty

bigmc

• Getbig V
« Reply #640 on: May 10, 2017, 06:40:53 AM »
^^^^ well my real life experience indicates otherwise so keep telling yourself that to make you feel better fatty

thought you were coming over to the uk in may

was that bullshit too you chicken shit twink
T

JAGO

• Getbig IV
  • Biden/Harris 2020
« Reply #641 on: May 10, 2017, 08:19:33 AM »
One of the things few bodybuilders consider is to cut down on what they are doing. Why train the whole body twice a week? Pick two body parts and try to make them grow.

Don't worry about the rest because they will benefit from the brutal growth producing workouts. Train them for 2 to 3 weeks then change to other parts.

Most trainees believe you have to train all muscles each week or they will atrophy. Not true. I found that training only arms stimulated my whole upper body.  ]

ROFL

ratherbebig

• Getbig V
  • if you got more than 10k you're gay
« Reply #642 on: May 10, 2017, 08:22:25 AM »
i would say that in order for arms to grow you have to grow as a whole.

FitnessFrenzy

• Getbig V
  • evolving
« Reply #643 on: May 10, 2017, 08:36:01 AM »
it seems that for every year he ages, Basile becomes more fat and bitter!  :D

Henda

• Getbig V
« Reply #644 on: May 10, 2017, 09:03:15 AM »

Most trainees believe you have to train all muscles each week or they will atrophy. Not true. I found that training only arms stimulated my whole upper body. 

So a set of reverse wrist curls will build a broad, thick powerful back?

ratherbebig

• Getbig V
« Reply #645 on: May 10, 2017, 09:14:19 AM »
here's a few photos to illustrate my point.

scott askham, 6'3 185 pounds front double bicep

junior dos santos 6'4 238 pounds front double bicep

ratherbebig

• Getbig V
« Reply #646 on: May 10, 2017, 09:19:20 AM »
if scott wants to bring his arms up, he needs to put on more weight. he's not gonna get junior dos santos arms staying at the same bodyweight, no matter what exercise he does.

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #647 on: May 10, 2017, 09:25:22 AM »
So a set of reverse wrist curls will build a broad, thick powerful back?

AJ claimed is was so as the indirect effect as he called it

I was able to add size to my arms at one point by Training them only, but I added nothing to my chest or back

so it didn't work lke that for me

I'd say you need direct stimulation

now watch for that shitstain fat turd mac to post that same dumbass pic of me and never post any of my true muscle shots

he even tries to claim they arent me, what a turd he is lol

hench

• Getbig V
« Reply #648 on: May 10, 2017, 11:37:31 AM »
Yea I think training only one body part will help maintain other body parts but not simulate growth.

AJ claimed is was so as the indirect effect as he called it

I was able to add size to my arms at one point by Training them only, but I added nothing to my chest or back

so it didn't work lke that for me

I'd say you need direct stimulation

now watch for that shitstain fat turd mac to post that same dumbass pic of me and never post any of my true muscle shots

he even tries to claim they arent me, what a turd he is lol

ratherbebig

• Getbig V
« Reply #649 on: May 10, 2017, 12:33:57 PM »
yeah make sense.

train biceps to maintain leg size.