Author Topic: Tom Platz - Back at it at 65  (Read 8832 times)

MAXX

• Getbig V
  • MAGA
Re: Platz back at it at 65
« Reply #25 on: September 10, 2020, 06:21:00 AM »
Please don't show us "how it's done"  :-X

harmankardon1

• Getbig IV
« Reply #26 on: September 10, 2020, 06:52:00 AM »
Lol ^  :D

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #27 on: September 10, 2020, 08:57:24 AM »
Impressive but if he is juicing at his age he is a complete moron.
Good point.  Is any level of juice at his age not suicidal?  An Anavar-only cycle?  TRT?  GH?  Anything?

Steroids and GH can have beneficial and detrimental effects at the same time. Some system may take a beating while others health parameters improve.
Don't forget that general physical frailty is a common cause of death in the elderly, they can't take a fall and die from a broken hip or whatever. The elderly are encouraged to resistance train these days and steroids naturally help the muscle/strength building and muscle retention.
Steroids help sex drive and general subjective wellbeing. Being old and depressed increases chances of dying from any ailment.
. Androgens at a certain level may also protect the cardiovascular system. So no, I don't think using steroids in old age is automatically idiotic.
Some dude n another forum said he was giving his elderly mom and dad cycles of test and deca and even DNP and claimed they felt much better. A little extreme  :D

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: September 10, 2020, 10:07:41 AM »
Steroids and GH can have beneficial and detrimental effects at the same time. Some system may take a beating while others health parameters improve.
Don't forget that general physical frailty is a common cause of death in the elderly, they can't take a fall and die from a broken hip or whatever. The elderly are encouraged to resistance train these days and steroids naturally help the muscle/strength building and muscle retention.
Steroids help sex drive and general subjective wellbeing. Being old and depressed increases chances of dying from any ailment.
. Androgens at a certain level may also protect the cardiovascular system. So no, I don't think using steroids in old age is automatically idiotic.
Some dude n another forum said he was giving his elderly mom and dad cycles of test and deca and even DNP and claimed they felt much better. A little extreme  :D
By the time I'm elderly they'll probably have a lot more studies done to help me decide to go on or not.

WalterWhite

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: September 10, 2020, 10:25:47 AM »
This was a seminar in 17. Brings his own bent bar.

Part 2

epic is back

• Getbig V
  • It is only in darkness that light is brightest
« Reply #30 on: September 10, 2020, 11:53:58 AM »
Impressive but if he is juicing at his age he is a complete moron.

yes im sure your right

thats why we are talking about him and not you right

oldtimer?

because he is a moron. right?

on top of you being nothing, never were never was

you are the moron

BB

• Getbig V
  • I hope I'm not boring you.
« Reply #31 on: September 10, 2020, 12:38:41 PM »
This was a seminar in 17. Brings his own bent bar.

Part 2

Thanks for that :).

The Norb (Schmansky) he was mentioning. Schmansky was from Detroit, Platz was from Michigan, I think Detroit too. His first gym was mainly a OL gym, etc.....  -

The Karhu weightlifting boots Platz copied -

Hypertrophy

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: September 10, 2020, 12:38:56 PM »
yes im sure your right

thats why we are talking about him and not you right

oldtimer?

because he is a moron. right?

on top of you being nothing, never were never was

you are the moron

I like oldtimer's post and he isn't a moron :)

But when you are 65 who the Hell cares what you take? Most people at that age are on something their doc gives them, and it goes on until they die. A 20 year old shouldn't be on  drugs but by 65 the clock is ticking anyways...

Matt

• Getbig V
  • YouTube FitnessByMatt
« Reply #33 on: September 10, 2020, 01:01:35 PM »
Could Tom just be on TRT or GH?

PS - Tom and Cha's 20th wedding anniversary is tomorrow.

8) 8) 8)

ESFitness

• Getbig V
  • i win.
« Reply #34 on: September 10, 2020, 01:06:59 PM »
One of the worst training videos I have seen. Way too close to see his legs properly.

nobody gives a shit about your opinion

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: September 10, 2020, 01:19:50 PM »
I like oldtimer's post and he isn't a moron :)

But when you are 65 who the Hell cares what you take? Most people at that age are on something their doc gives them, and it goes on until they die. A 20 year old shouldn't be on  drugs but by 65 the clock is ticking anyways...
At 65 you may have a different opinion of that ticking clock.

Deacon Jeschin

• Getbig IV
« Reply #36 on: September 10, 2020, 02:04:37 PM »
Tom could be described as a female version of Ellen DeGeneres.

Fortress

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: September 10, 2020, 04:07:56 PM »
Who has great legs with a shitty upper body?

I hung and lifted with Tom when he was at his smallest. Still had legs. Upper body? Destroyed, torn and melted.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: September 10, 2020, 05:25:36 PM »
Good point.  Is any level of juice at his age not suicidal?  An Anavar-only cycle?  TRT?  GH?  Anything?

My doctor and my excellent health tell me that TRT is the opposite of suicidal. Neither of us is alone in this line of thinking.

"Testosterone replacement therapy for older men - NCBI - NIHwww.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov › pmc › articles › PMC2686341
Testosterone supplementation in hypogonadal men improves exercise tolerance and decreases exercise-associated ischemia in elderly patients with coronary artery disease and low (Malkin et al 2004) or low-normal (English et al 2000) testosterone."

"The evidence clearly indicates that many older men display a partial androgen deficiency. In older men, low circulating testosterone is correlated with low muscle strength, with high adiposity, with insulin resistance and with poor cognitive performance. Testosterone replacement in older men has produced benefits, but not consistently so. The inconsistency may arise from differences in the dose and duration of testosterone treatment, as well as selection of the target population."

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2686341/

Pet shop boys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #39 on: September 10, 2020, 05:37:38 PM »
Don't be a hater, Vince. Watch the video again. This time, notice the definition in his massive forearms, the feathered quads showing each head of the quadriceps. After that, check out the next picture in his Polo Ralph Lauren socks. You can tell he is in top shape all over, for his or any age.

Don't hate. Congratulate.

And don't forget that head full  of hair!!!!   him and Ferrigno have half of Getbiggers drowning in jealousy . ;D

Whossshhhhhhhhhhh   Amamdeus

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: September 11, 2020, 03:55:49 AM »
I hung and lifted with Tom when he was at his smallest. Still had legs. Upper body? Destroyed, torn and melted.
He looks pretty big under the shirt in that video.

FitnessFrenzy

• Getbig V
  • evolving
« Reply #41 on: September 11, 2020, 04:10:02 AM »
Can we arrange for Tom Platz to give training advice to Vince Basile?

It should be filmed with video. Basile would have the meltdown of the century!  :D

Mr Anabolic

• Getbig V
  • Better to die on your feet than on your knees.
« Reply #42 on: September 11, 2020, 05:03:15 AM »

Not much bigger, but better.  His face is noticeably different and much more filled out compared to recent past vids. 

Platz is juicing again.

a_pupil

• Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: September 11, 2020, 06:32:18 AM »
Can we arrange for Tom Platz to give training advice to Vince Basile?

It should be filmed with video. Basile would have the meltdown of the century!  :D

does platz have a contribution to the sport greater than the biceps supinator? has he given a greater tutelage to young apprentices of the thong than basille's 12000 posts on getbig?

Hypertrophy

• Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: September 11, 2020, 06:35:28 AM »
At 65 you may have a different opinion of that ticking clock.

Doubtful. Watched my father die from radiation poisoning caused by a screw up in a hospital. Took 7 seven years to wither away.  We both learned a lot from each other during that time. Live for today.

joswift

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: September 11, 2020, 06:36:05 AM »
Not much bigger, but better.  His face is noticeably different and much more filled out compared to recent past vids. 

Platz is juicing again.

Good for him

Hypertrophy

• Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: September 11, 2020, 06:52:00 AM »
My doctor and my excellent health tell me that TRT is the opposite of suicidal. Neither of us is alone in this line of thinking.

"Testosterone replacement therapy for older men - NCBI - NIHwww.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov › pmc › articles › PMC2686341
Testosterone supplementation in hypogonadal men improves exercise tolerance and decreases exercise-associated ischemia in elderly patients with coronary artery disease and low (Malkin et al 2004) or low-normal (English et al 2000) testosterone."

"The evidence clearly indicates that many older men display a partial androgen deficiency. In older men, low circulating testosterone is correlated with low muscle strength, with high adiposity, with insulin resistance and with poor cognitive performance. Testosterone replacement in older men has produced benefits, but not consistently so. The inconsistency may arise from differences in the dose and duration of testosterone treatment, as well as selection of the target population."

I lift naturally - meaning I don't take PEDs of any kind. That's just a personal preference. I'd like to think that approach keeps me healthy. Plus I want to see what I can attain just by exercising. It's purely for fitness.

But when I'm sick or injured I have zero problem taking anything the doctor prescribes (assuming it is a tested drug). Why? Because suffering for the sake of suffering is stupid.  Besides, even a low grade infection can turn to a high grade infection and kill you in 24 hours. I don't think there is any one with a working brain that would turn down antibiotics when they have a bad infection. And most of the current ones aren't natural by any measure.

So when to we get that middle ground, meaning not a life or death choice- the taking of things that enhance your life and clearly aren't natural (such as an endogenous testosterone injection)- I think it's completely ok as long as it is an informed personal decision. I don't get the condemnation some people have for others doing that. Ain't killing anybody so why care?

Matt

• Getbig V
  • YouTube FitnessByMatt
« Reply #47 on: September 11, 2020, 08:35:24 AM »

In 2007, that was what the data showed.  I would say that was what the totality of data said, although I may have been reading from biased sources, being that I was on bodybuilding message boards so much, and otherwise involved in the bodybuilding world.  TRT was still relatively new at the time, but the notion was that low testosterone posed a greater risk to men for heart attacks than high testosterone did.

Whether that still represents the totality view...I don't know.

Fortress

• Getbig V
« Reply #48 on: September 11, 2020, 10:43:59 AM »

He’s juicing, so, yeah, bigger, but I can guarantee it looks like a melted candle. His one arm is destroyed, as well.

Platz is a good guy, so I hope he’s having fun. Those wheels look gnarly.

Taffin

• Getbig V
  • Training out my gay penor...
« Reply #49 on: September 11, 2020, 10:49:00 AM »

Platz is juicing again.

Just gonna quote myself from the other Tom Platz thread here...

Watch this space for the launch of a Quadfather[TM] fart powder...
T