Author Topic: Tom Platz - Back at it at 65  (Read 8675 times)

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V

Body-Buildah

• Getbig V
  • Creepy Joe Touches Kids
Re: Platz back at it at 65
« Reply #51 on: September 11, 2020, 12:30:25 PM »
Platz is probably just doing TRT. With his legs, muscle-memory, pain tolerance, etc his legs came back.
I doubt the guy is juicing heavily. Upper body seems in shape, but far from big...

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #52 on: September 11, 2020, 12:36:26 PM »
Platz is probably just doing TRT. With his legs, muscle-memory, pain tolerance, etc his legs came back.
I doubt the guy is juicing heavily. Upper body seems in shape, but far from big...
He used his wife's naturopathic herbs.

pamith

• Getbig V
« Reply #53 on: September 12, 2020, 11:38:35 AM »
Impressive but if he is juicing at his age he is a complete moron.
Yes he is, of course he is

illuminati

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • The Strongest Shall Survive.- - Lest we Forget.
« Reply #54 on: September 12, 2020, 02:46:19 PM »
Don't be a hater, Vince. Watch the video again. This time, notice the definition in his massive forearms, the feathered quads showing each head of the quadriceps. After that, check out the next picture in his Polo Ralph Lauren socks. You can tell he is in top shape all over, for his or any age.

Don't hate. Congratulate.

Exactly Right
Far to many Haters are they Jealous

Well done Tom - Keep it Going.

illuminati

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #55 on: September 12, 2020, 02:57:35 PM »
At 65 you may have a different opinion of that ticking clock.

I’ve just clocked 60 & My opinion is I Don’t Drink / Smoke / Do Rec Drugs
So I’m going to take my Test Etc, I know a god few in their 70’s & using some
And all say Why would they Stop.

We all going to Die some sooner some later - When it’s your Day That’s it.
How many “Healthy” 20 / 30yr olds drop dead - for no apparent reason?
No don’t go mad & abuse crazy amounts that’s asking for trouble.

keanu

• Getbig IV
« Reply #56 on: September 12, 2020, 03:24:09 PM »
I hung and lifted with Tom when he was at his smallest. Still had legs. Upper body? Destroyed, torn and melted.

Yet you take every opportunity to trash him. What a great person you are.

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
« Reply #57 on: September 12, 2020, 04:02:49 PM »
This was a seminar in 17. Brings his own bent bar.

Part 2

Looks like an AIDS patient in that video.  Talk about a before and after transformation.

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #58 on: September 13, 2020, 04:37:33 AM »
Looks like an AIDS patient in that video.  Talk about a before and after transformation.
Shows that muscle can be put back on even at an advanced age.

Taffin

• Getbig V
  • Training out my gay penor...
« Reply #59 on: September 13, 2020, 06:07:04 AM »
T

Rambone

• Getbig V
  • “Billy’s taking Art? What the hell for?”
« Reply #60 on: September 13, 2020, 06:09:23 AM »
Do you think Tom was taken seriously during his stint in the corporate world with his goofy suspenders, greasy ponytail, child-like wonder and his penchant for training till he came all over a cybex hamstring machine?

FitnessFrenzy

• Getbig V
  • evolving
« Reply #61 on: September 13, 2020, 06:45:20 AM »
Do you think Tom was taken seriously during his stint in the corporate world with his goofy suspenders, greasy ponytail, child-like wonder and his penchant for training till he came all over a cybex hamstring machine?

He is an extroverted show man. As I recall he had some kind of corporate sales job. I can see him doing well in such a role. But bodybuilding is probably his biggest passion.

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #62 on: September 13, 2020, 09:45:06 AM »
He is an extroverted show man. As I recall he had some kind of corporate sales job. I can see him doing well in such a role. But bodybuilding is probably his biggest passion.
I'm sure he was a great salesman.

The Scott

• Getbig V
  • I'm a victim of soicumcision!!
« Reply #63 on: September 13, 2020, 11:19:36 AM »
I’ve just clocked 60 & My opinion is I Don’t Drink / Smoke / Do Rec Drugs
So I’m going to take my Test Etc, I know a god few in their 70’s & using some
And all say Why would they Stop.

We all going to Die some sooner some later - When it’s your Day That’s it.
How many “Healthy” 20 / 30yr olds drop dead - for no apparent reason?
No don’t go mad & abuse crazy amounts that’s asking for trouble.

Wells said, brother!  While I am against the ridiculous use or rather overuse of PEDs, I am far more against ANY use of recreational drugs.  From marijuana to meth and whatever else is out there.  I despise it and if I could go back in time I would rather my youngest brother had used steroids (sparingly, mind you) than all that rec crap. . He trained on occasion with me and was fairly strong but did not have the discipline nor the ioutside force of getting your ass kicked as I did to put real effort into it.  He preferred the mind numbing over the joy of strength.  Dammit...

I do not blame people for taking steroids but I do make fun of idiots like Coleman and that French Canadian fuckwit whose name escapes me right now.  ;D  And that McKidney guy that died with the test level of every memeber of Dykes on Bikes in him.   ;D

I met a few of the Gold's Gym guys in the so called golden era and they were fairly honest and they didn't seem to risk their health like the compeitive dolts of today.  I have had my test levels checked and they are abysmal but then they never were great.  Sorry for the rambling.  It's nice to be here.  Take care!

Taffin

• Getbig V
« Reply #64 on: September 13, 2020, 12:34:01 PM »

I'm sure he was a great salesman.

Close - someone else on here sent me the link when I mentioned fart-powder

"Platz is the consummate professional, whether in the oiled-up world of bodybuilding or buttoned-up corporate offices. Though he felt the pull of a new generation of fans encouraging him to jump back into the sport, he was reluctant to leave his job as a corporate recruiter. Then his boss encouraged him.

“My CEO at the corporate office told me, ‘If you don’t leave, I’m going to fire you,’” Platz  says, laughing. “He wasn’t really serious, but he knew I needed to do this, so I resigned. I began to tour the world, mostly in Europe, giving training seminars and squat clinics.”

His website said after retiring from BB he'd gone into his 'dream career' as a second hand car salesman, so I suppose the corporate gig came after that..?

https://www.oldschoollabs.com/tom-platz-now/
T

BB

• Getbig V
  • I hope I'm not boring you.
« Reply #65 on: September 13, 2020, 01:31:58 PM »
From the gym to the sales floor -

"Put that creatine down, creatine's for closers"

falco

• Getbig V
« Reply #66 on: September 13, 2020, 01:34:46 PM »
He looks great. Truly amazing.

illuminati

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #67 on: September 13, 2020, 01:53:05 PM »
Wells said, brother!  While I am against the ridiculous use or rather overuse of PEDs, I am far more against ANY use of recreational drugs.  From marijuana to meth and whatever else is out there.  I despise it and if I could go back in time I would rather my youngest brother had used steroids (sparingly, mind you) than all that rec crap. . He trained on occasion with me and was fairly strong but did not have the discipline nor the ioutside force of getting your ass kicked as I did to put real effort into it.  He preferred the mind numbing over the joy of strength.  Dammit...

I do not blame people for taking steroids but I do make fun of idiots like Coleman and that French Canadian fuckwit whose name escapes me right now.  ;D  And that McKidney guy that died with the test level of every memeber of Dykes on Bikes in him.   ;D

I met a few of the Gold's Gym guys in the so called golden era and they were fairly honest and they didn't seem to risk their health like the compeitive dolts of today.  I have had my test levels checked and they are abysmal but then they never were great.  Sorry for the rambling.  It's nice to be here.  Take care!

Thank you Scott
I respect the views of those that do not wish to use anabolic’s Good for Them.
Not so keen on those preaching death & hate on the likes of myself because I choose to use them.

The Internet has lead to the Huge overuse of PED’s as the more is better mentality has took hold,
Many want to believe that others have a better / bigger physique just because of the amount of PED’s they take & Nothing to do with Genetics / motivation/ discipline/ training/ eating - Nope Just More & More Drugs.
You only have to look through the steroid board on here at So Many Exacting Experts on Precise Dosaging - And Ronnie & Dorian took 10lbs of Test a week & 1000iu of GH + 10,000 Iu’s of insulin
So we have to take double that. 🙄

Hope life is good with you. 👍🏻

Taffin

• Getbig V
« Reply #68 on: September 13, 2020, 04:27:45 PM »

Hahaha - legit reference  8)

Always Be Closing Squatting
T

Dokey111

• Getbig V
« Reply #69 on: September 13, 2020, 06:53:30 PM »

;D

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #70 on: September 14, 2020, 01:49:56 AM »

Many want to believe that others have a better / bigger physique just because of the amount of PED’s they take & Nothing to do with Genetics / motivation/ discipline/ training/ eating - Nope Just More & More Drugs.
You only have to look through the steroid board on here at So Many Exacting Experts on Precise Dosaging - And Ronnie & Dorian took 10lbs of Test a week & 1000iu of GH + 10,000 Iu’s of insulin

I have made some observations over time, tell me if you disagree with the following. To outsiders - guys who don't train - bodybuilders/juicers will always emphasize how drugs are only a small part of bodybuilding and get really incensed if these outsiders imply that their muscle is mostly due to drugs. However, when bodybuilders gossip about other bodybuilders, it's always how much is X taking, X is insane with his dosages, look at this guy, X is sweating like a pig from DNP, X is taking 2 grams of tren, I heard X is doing 30iu of pharma growth. The other day a guy I met for the first time in the gym asked me half-jokingly if I would help him win his first show. He was kinda insecure, didn't know if he was good enough to compete. I told him, and I was completely serious with this, is that the main thing for success is committing to competing - if there is any doubt as to wether they really want to compete it's better not to do it. At this point my friend who is a very good bb chimed in, "basically, if you really nail the stack you will do very well"  :D

So, bbers get really pissed when outsiders talk drugs but bbers themselves are no better, they will always think/talk about what successful bb X is doing as far as drugs. It's always been like this, as long as I've been involved, about 3 decades. Yes everyone with half a brain knows bb is mostly genetics but you can't do anything about that. You can however do more drugs or do different ones  :D

My point is, the drug emphasis comes from the within the sport itself, it's not just "idiots" who emphasize it. And it's not just the new generation, it's the old timers too. I mean if old timers are asked about today's generation, why they are bigger and more cut, they will always "blame" the drugs. They will not say that the new generation knows more about nutrition, are more strict with it, train harder with better plans, are more disciplined with more willpower,  and have more scientific methods. No it's just the drugs, nothing else. Is this envy or just being realistic?

FitnessFrenzy

• Getbig V
  • evolving
« Reply #71 on: September 14, 2020, 03:13:18 AM »
Gotta love Getbig. I thought, mistakenly, that Platz was a sales man, and not everyone made him into a sales man!  :D  ;D

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #72 on: September 14, 2020, 04:22:23 AM »
Close - someone else on here sent me the link when I mentioned fart-powder

"Platz is the consummate professional, whether in the oiled-up world of bodybuilding or buttoned-up corporate offices. Though he felt the pull of a new generation of fans encouraging him to jump back into the sport, he was reluctant to leave his job as a corporate recruiter. Then his boss encouraged him.

“My CEO at the corporate office told me, ‘If you don’t leave, I’m going to fire you,’” Platz  says, laughing. “He wasn’t really serious, but he knew I needed to do this, so I resigned. I began to tour the world, mostly in Europe, giving training seminars and squat clinics.”

His website said after retiring from BB he'd gone into his 'dream career' as a second hand car salesman, so I suppose the corporate gig came after that..?

https://www.oldschoollabs.com/tom-platz-now/
At least he has a massive IFBB pension to fall back on.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #73 on: September 14, 2020, 10:35:26 AM »

Not so keen on those preaching death & hate on the likes of myself because I choose to use them.

The Internet has lead to the Huge overuse of PED’s as the more is better mentality has took hold,

I agree with you, PEDs have their place. In my experience they can assist one in their bodybuilding and sports related goals as long as they are used in moderation. What is moderation? that may vary a little from one person to the next since people don't all have the same reaction. And the key is assist, not do it for you. Like you said genetics, training  and diet play a huge roll. So much so, some people do fine without PEDs.

I strongly recommend anyone considering PEDs consult with an expert. Knowledgeable folks aren't easy to find whether they are professionals, such as doctors or people with a great deal of experience and who are honest. It was my good fortune to have them prescribed by a legitimate doctor. But this was decades ago, and AAS like D-bol were legal and some doctors were educated in the use of PEDs. Although, I subsequently took D-bol after it became difficult to get, I followed my original very modest prescription of 5 mg a day. You'd be surprised at how much one can gain on that dose when combined with a solid workout regime and excellent eating habits.

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #74 on: September 14, 2020, 12:30:05 PM »
What is moderation? that may vary a little from one person to the next since people don't all have the same reaction. And the key is assist, not do it for you.

I have made this point many times here. Moderation and abuse are extremely arbitrary terms. Use, don't abuse they say. Yeah okay, ask 10 guys where the line between the two is and you get 10 different answers.

Also this thing about "not having the drugs do it for you". Okay, but what if you can get drugs to do things for you with no effort on your part - is there anything wrong with that per se? Most have not thought this through IMO. It's like the idea of fairness in sport, the main reson drugs are banned. But if you think about it sports were never fair to begin with, different genetics, different opportunities wrt training and coaching and on and on, the playing field is never fair no matter what. In bodybuilding we would like to believe a persons physique is a reflection of their mental strength and will and time and effort they put into their craft, not genetics or drugs or what have you. But that's not reality.