Author Topic: Layne Norton deadlifts 690 at APA Indiana Power meet & breaks 220 class record.  (Read 6441 times)

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
FUCK YEAH! 8)
Your Layne Norton manlove has been noted and registered. Thank you for voting.

#1 Klaus fan

• Getbig V
::)

I assume you'll be posting a video of you pulling 690+ then? You know, to show us how to deadlift "efficiently".

Sure, when I get there.  ;)

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
did layne give up bodybuilding for powerlifting?

E
E

Rinc

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
Nice lift!
Mr. O 09' Jay Cutler

burn2live

• Getbig IV
Re: Layne Norton deadlifts 690 at APA Indiana Power meet & breaks 220 class reco
« Reply #29 on: September 21, 2009, 04:43:23 PM »
a) Seriously has no idea how to deadlift efficiently.

I'd agree on this. Technique is brutal. Makes it all the more impressive he manages that weight. A few adjustments and he may do better

haider

• Getbig V
  • Team Batman Squats
a) Seriously has no idea how to deadlift efficiently.
b) Doesn't lock out the knees.
c) Juicer on the juice.
are you fucking kidding me?
follow the arrows

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
who the hell has nice looking technique on a 1 rep max  ::)

Notice I didn't say nice, I said efficient. Meaning he has potential to pull much more, even without really getting stronger (in a muscular strength sense), with a few slight technique adjustments.

I'd agree on this. Technique is brutal. Makes it all the more impressive he manages that weight. A few adjustments and he may do better

Yeah, IIRC you had a very strong pull, so you see the technique issues.

The Master

• Getbig V
Your Layne Norton manlove has been noted and registered. Thank you for voting.

And Debussey = proud of it 8)   :-*

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
Very strong. anyone know if Layne is still natural? Regardless a very strong showing. And clearly what he should focus on instead of BB.
As empty as paradise

The Master

• Getbig V
Very strong. anyone know if Layne is still natural? Regardless a very strong showing. And clearly what he should focus on instead of BB.

He has not said anything about leaving his nattie status.

He has posted some consistent progress on his deadlift on his youtube account, he supposedly focused real hard on it after he tore his pec.

The_Leafy_Bug

Overload

• Getbig V
  • KO Artist

He hasn't been natural in years. None of the powerlifting meets he competes in are tested. APA is a pretty loose fed for drug testing.

He is much better off in powerlifting IMO, but his bench will never be impressive enough to set any records in the total.

Still, he is a very strong guy with great work ethic in and out of the gym.

8)

MAXX

• Getbig V
  • MAGA
He hasn't been natural in years. None of the powerlifting meets he competes in are tested. APA is a pretty loose fed for drug testing.

He is much better off in powerlifting IMO, but his bench will never be impressive enough to set any records in the total.

Still, he is a very strong guy with great work ethic in and out of the gym.

8)
maybe because it doesnt exist any tested orgs? i dont know just asking.

Blockhead

• Toms
  • Getbig V

... I just got off the phone with J.Pegg who lives nearby that meet in Indiana.

He personally inspected BioLayne's ass, thighs and delts (no homo) for any pin marks or any sign of chemical usage and reports that BioLayne is as clean as a whistle.

- Block!
?

#1 Klaus fan

• Getbig V
... I just got off the phone with J.Pegg who lives nearby that meet in Indiana.

He personally inspected BioLayne's ass, thighs and delts (no homo) for any pin marks or any sign of chemical usage and reports that BioLayne is as clean as a whistle.

- Block!

All orals.

Overload

• Getbig V
  • KO Artist

There are some tested org's and i believe Layne has competed in them in the past, but i know APA rules and the drug testing isn't anything to worry about.

In this day of performance enhancing drugs it is very easy to get past a drug screen even if you aren't prepared for it. Drug testing is very expensive and most lifters will never have to worry about any sort of testing unless they enter a true natural federation.

I know guys who are juiced to the gills year round and compete in the same Fed's as layne and many other "naturals". I'm not trying to take anything away from the guy but he is so far from natural it is laughable at this point.

Either way he is still one of the top 220 lifters in the deadlift right now.

8)

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
I don't know what presence usapl has in indiana.
I was just wondering since layne been claiming natural status in the past and quite frankly that raw lift would put him in contention for a deadlift gold at the nationals. assuming he's natural and he would get perhaps 50-80 lbs out of a suit.
As empty as paradise

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
I was just wondering since layne been claiming natural status in the past and quite frankly that raw lift would put him in contention for a deadlift gold at the nationals. assuming he's natural and he would get perhaps 50-80 lbs out of a suit.

Well, the Swedish powerlifters feel that the USAPL guys aren't very natural either. Or at least they have a hunch that there's lots of drugs there. For example, Janne Salmela said on Kolozzeum that Mike Tuchscherer just seemed too strong for a natural.

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
Well, the Swedish powerlifters feel that the USAPL guys aren't very natural either. Or at least they have a hunch that there's lots of drugs there. For example, Janne Salmela said on Kolozzeum that Mike Tuchscherer just seemed too strong for a natural.

I can't speak for others.

But I have tons of respect for USAPL powerlifters/benchers like Wade Hooper, Priscilla R, Mike T, Dennis C not to mention Big Brad and Jennifer T.
As empty as paradise

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
I can't speak for others.

But I have tons of respect for USAPL powerlifters/benchers like Wade Hooper, Priscilla R, Mike T, Dennis C not to mention Big Brad and Jennifer T.

Do you personally think they're all clean? I also think in the off season they're tested by some lab that doesn't do the extensive WADA panel, which leaves a lot of stuff you can use. And of course, everyone anywhere can use insulin and hgh to their hearts content still.

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
Do you personally think they're all clean? I also think in the off season they're tested by some lab that doesn't do the extensive WADA panel, which leaves a lot of stuff you can use. And of course, everyone anywhere can use insulin and hgh to their hearts content still.

Above mentioned, yes.

I'd like to give the benefit of a doubt to the USAPL and Team USA.

But it's only myself and my teammates I can truly attest for.

Everyone else, who knows.
As empty as paradise

dustin

All Linkin Park.

caseyviator

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!

imo  there is no drug issue anymore to people who actually do the sport on a high level!!  that bein said

very nice lift for 220 best i do is round 650 if im luckey n i use a suit n belt too..i think hed hit 730ish with suit n belt