Author Topic: I went for a ride on my new motorcycle and...  (Read 97884 times)

TheGrinch

• Getbig V
I went for a ride on my new motorcycle and...
« on: December 08, 2014, 09:48:24 AM »

Brixtonbulldog

• Getbig V
  • TAKE YO FUCKING JACKET WIT YA
Re: I went for a ride on my new motorcycle and...
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2014, 10:34:08 AM »

impressive.  unfortunately i'm sure he'll only continue his shitty driving and be dead by lamp post within 4 years. 

Brixtonbulldog

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2014, 10:35:04 AM »
as a fan of all things that go i still can't justify a sports bike on anything other than a closed track.  death machines even more than goddamn helicopters. 

SamoanIrishman

• Getbig IV
  • Why stress the little people..
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2014, 12:11:13 PM »
Luck. Driving like that he wont last long.

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2014, 11:03:04 AM »
This is as far as my rebuild's ever gonna get, so I'm forced to wedge it into all bike threads. Sorry.

Dr.J

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2014, 12:13:40 AM »
That was bad ass...lucky fuck. 
Mr. AZ 2003

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2014, 08:15:44 AM »
That was bad ass...lucky fuck.  

Almost looks scripted, too perfect. But I believe it. And absolutely, lucky as fuck. Quite the skilled gymnast as well - f'n NAILED that landing.

Russian judge still gave him a 6, though.

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2014, 08:18:31 PM »
This is as far as my rebuild's ever gonna get, so I'm forced to wedge it into all bike threads. Sorry.
WTF? I'm coming over....
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2014, 08:54:41 PM »
WTF? I'm coming over....

Ha! Thanks, brother. Sorry I couldn't come through. Fucker's in Texas now with my bro, exactly as it appears in the pic, but a shitload more dust. Doubt we'll ever finish it, now that both his bikes have been sold. No one to ride with anymore.

Woulda had a blast meeting up for a ride to Tom's Farms or Cook's Corner, guy. Fuck, I miss those days.

chaos

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: December 12, 2014, 09:33:25 AM »
Ha! Thanks, brother. Sorry I couldn't come through. Fucker's in Texas now with my bro, exactly as it appears in the pic, but a shitload more dust. Doubt we'll ever finish it, now that both his bikes have been sold. No one to ride with anymore.

Woulda had a blast meeting up for a ride to Tom's Farms or Cook's Corner, guy. Fuck, I miss those days.
Best part of riding is riding alone.  ;)
Start a new one. Tons of deals to be had.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

SamoanIrishman

• Getbig IV
« Reply #10 on: December 13, 2014, 10:16:06 PM »
Best part of riding is riding alone.  ;)

Agreed. Some like music and I don't mind sometimes but I really dig just listening to the road and taking in all around me... sights, sounds and smells and having conversations with myself in my head lol

ritch

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: December 13, 2014, 10:29:42 PM »
That was just nuts.
Even hollywood could not pull that off without all kinds of special help.
?

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: December 14, 2014, 07:23:42 AM »
Agreed. Some like music and I don't mind sometimes but I really dig just listening to the road and taking in all around me... sights, sounds and smells and having conversations with myself in my head lol

No music with a chop, friend. Just motor noise.

Sokolsky

• Getbig IV
  • Sensory receptors succumb
« Reply #13 on: December 14, 2014, 02:38:45 PM »
as a fan of all things that go i still can't justify a sports bike on anything other than a closed track.  death machines even more than goddamn helicopters.  

Don't blame the sportsbikes, blame the riders. Poor conduct is a reflextion of the rider, not of the machine. Idiots will be idiots, whether they're riding a supercharged 2400cc Duchozuki Hayakawa with nitro and extended swingarm, or the actual Vespa they do own.

That being said, every sportsbike owner should at least once in their lives ride on a track, just to realize how little talent they actually have despite the amazing technology and potential underneath their asses.

Instead of thinking this:

Think more like this:

Brixtonbulldog

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: December 14, 2014, 03:54:39 PM »
Don't blame the sportsbikes, blame the riders. Poor conduct is a reflextion of the rider, not of the machine. Idiots will be idiots, whether they're riding a supercharged 2400cc Duchozuki Hayakawa with nitro and extended swingarm, or the actual Vespa they do own.

That being said, every sportsbike owner should at least once in their lives ride on a track, just to realize how little talent they actually have despite the amazing technology and potential underneath their asses.

Instead of thinking this:

Think more like this:

totally agree.  i would love riding, otherwise.  same with the other drivers on the road.  they are as big a danger as any shitty rider.

chaos

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: December 14, 2014, 08:28:35 PM »
No music with a chop, friend. Just motor noise.
And pegs/exhaust scraping corners.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

SamoanIrishman

• Getbig IV
« Reply #16 on: December 14, 2014, 09:41:17 PM »

Agreed on the top statement but playing devils advocate (and personally witnessing it) newbie on the track start to love and master corners then get out on the roads and try to take all corners on the knee and end up kissing it. Most forget tracks are clean and predictable. Everyone studies the turns, the camber of the turn and takes a test lap or a few etc... nothing like watching Newbie try to pass and impress on a corner up in the mountain twisties and low side into the trees after catching leaves, gravel or 3 day old grease spot that was a squirrel.

In my 20's friends and I would get wrecked bikes off Craigslist and turn them into stunting machines. Wheelies and all that shit but we would do that in a huge empty parking lot or up in the mountain back roads where there was no chance of car pulling out or cutting us off or wheelie go wrong and send our 400lbs machine into traffic killing some family in a minivan. I hate seeing that shot on public roads.

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: December 15, 2014, 09:24:49 AM »
And pegs/exhaust scraping corners.

Hate the pegs shit, but redesigned the exhaust (bro did, of course) to get it off the ground. Kinda like this, except mine extends to rear wheel:

SamoanIrishman

• Getbig IV
« Reply #18 on: December 15, 2014, 09:32:00 AM »
Cool as shit man looks bad ass but looking at the seat and rear suspension (or lack there of) do you feel every bump in the road and rattle your spine like hell?

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: December 15, 2014, 09:52:48 AM »
Cool as shot man looks bad ass but looking at the seat and rear suspension (or lack there of) do you feel every bump in the road and rattle your spine like hell?

This one ain't mine, just similar exhaust for reference is all. Beside the point, really, mine's got a similar seat and exact same non-suspension as well. It's a rough ride, for sure.