Author Topic: Dorian Yates kicks Ronnie's ass Hulkster is a punk Bitch and fuck any truce  (Read 3102671 times)

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
Re: Hulkster I'm calling for a Truce
« Reply #39150 on: December 22, 2007, 02:58:27 PM »
What an embarrassment!

its still better than this travesty:

:-\
Flower Boy Ran Away

RocketSwitch625

• Getbig IV
  • Women fall all over me and Pumpster is FUGLY.
« Reply #39151 on: December 22, 2007, 03:44:02 PM »
Ray probably has the worst calves next to Coleman. Poor calf development is worse than having average arms IMO because you can't hide weak calves. Ray had many other flaws such as short legs, long torso, no lat width and narrow shoulders. This particular shot of Ray may look impressive but it means nothing. Shove that in yer pipe 'n' smoke it.

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
« Reply #39152 on: December 22, 2007, 04:11:29 PM »
This particular shot of Ray may look impressive but it means nothing

um no. it looks impressive for a damn good reason..

::)

no wonder you guys think dorian is better. you have no clue what you are talking about.

that comment illustrates your problem quite nicely.

that shot is impressive because, well, shawn ray is damn impressive.. ::)
Flower Boy Ran Away

Matt C

• Getbig V
  • The White Vince Goodrum
« Reply #39153 on: December 22, 2007, 04:17:08 PM »
Remember, ND said that Shawn Ray was the superior bodybuilder to Frank Zane.
Bodybuilding Pro.com

RocketSwitch625

• Getbig IV
  • Women fall all over me and Pumpster is FUGLY.
« Reply #39154 on: December 22, 2007, 04:42:48 PM »
um no. it looks impressive for a damn good reason..

no wonder you guys think dorian is better. you have no clue what you are talking about.

that comment illustrates your problem quite nicely.

that shot is impressive because, well, shawn ray is damn impressive.. ::)

Monster lat width. LOL

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
« Reply #39155 on: December 22, 2007, 04:54:39 PM »
Flower Boy Ran Away

GoneAway

• Getbig V
« Reply #39156 on: December 22, 2007, 08:03:10 PM »
Tell us how.

biceps = ronnie. as big, if not bigger than federov's, but clearly more ripped, striated and separated.
triceps = ronnie. as big, if not bigger than federov's, but clearly more ripped and separated.
chest = ronnie. as wide as federov's, but more symmetrical and thicker-looking.
abs = federov
hams = ronnie. double the size of federov's.

the rest are equal. quads are debatable, since federov's are slightly thicker, but ronnie's are more striated and separated. calves also debatable, but the text covers some of ronnie's calves, impairing judgement

Iceman1981

• Getbig V
  • www.LegendsOfBodybuilding.com
« Reply #39157 on: December 22, 2007, 09:03:08 PM »
I never have messed with making videos but I got some
trial software and made a quick tribute to big Ron.
It came out better than I thought it would being my 1st
experiment. A lot of the pics are taken from this thread.
Check it out: I posted it around 2-3 last night and already
almost 200 views. I was surprised. I think it looks better
although not as clear in full screen mode.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dP_sSqyI8Dk

Nice video bizzy

TrapsMcLats

• Getbig IV
  • Lift Heavy. Lift Hard.
« Reply #39158 on: December 23, 2007, 02:25:14 AM »
I think one of the main reasons that coleman's conditioning, shape and overall presentation didn't get their fair shake in 98 and 99 was because everyone viewed him as a bit of an anomaly.  He had been around for a long time, hadn't made a huge impact, but kept on getting better, which is in stark contrast to the previous two mr olympias who exploded onto the scene and won the O very soon after making it to the pro ranks.  With Dorian, people were expecting something amazing and when he delivered it was easier to label him as such.  When the same thing happened with Ronnie, it was just a shock and more of a waiting for faillure game.  the plan was for Flex to win, and show us something more amazing than his 92 nationals shape or 93 arnold shape, or 93 O shape... which shows us that when there is a precedent for greatness it makes the title easier to give.  When ronnie was a pro, he never did anything truly amazing until that 98 olympia and people were more shocked that he won than they were truly appreciating what was being presented to them.  In 99 he came back with an even better package (yes, i don't care what mcgough says) and even then there was more talk of flex losing than ronnie winning.  ronnie was the underdog even though he was the champ.  everyone assumed flex was the one off as opposed to ronnie being insanely on... because there was a precedent for flex. Flex had 3 amazing showings at that point in his career, ronnie had one, and that was more overshadowed by flex being the heir apparent and not winning.  So he's two O's in and all people were talking about was flex not winning.  before the 2000 O, FLEX did a spread of 99 O flex vs ronnie shots with ronnie taking on the claims that flex had made about beating him in certain poses and the shots they showed really made evident how much ronnie was killing flex (who was in pretty good shape for that show) and thats when the talk really got started of how good ronnie was.  ronnie was OK at the 2000 O, but good enough to win (the controversy over the legless and backless levrone always confused me), then he came in and destroyed EVERYONE at the 2001 AC with amazing conditioning and finally people were ready to accept what they were seeing.  At this point in his career, Ronnie was so dominant and so shredded he was no longer an anomaly, he was a consistent freak that in 3 of his last 4 majors had brought to the table a physique that was worthy of being considered the greatest ever. 

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
« Reply #39159 on: December 23, 2007, 03:31:32 AM »
In 99 he came back with an even better package (yes, i don't care what mcgough says)

exactly.

ND is the only poor soul stupid enough to believe this.

if he actually LOOKED at the contest footage or pics, he would realize how dumb he really is. :-\
Flower Boy Ran Away

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
« Reply #39160 on: December 23, 2007, 03:32:53 AM »
I think one of the main reasons that coleman's conditioning, shape and overall presentation didn't get their fair shake in 98 and 99 was because everyone viewed him as a bit of an anomaly.  He had been around for a long time, hadn't made a huge impact, but kept on getting better, which is in stark contrast to the previous two mr olympias who exploded onto the scene and won the O very soon after making it to the pro ranks.  With Dorian, people were expecting something amazing and when he delivered it was easier to label him as such.  When the same thing happened with Ronnie, it was just a shock and more of a waiting for faillure game.  the plan was for Flex to win, and show us something more amazing than his 92 nationals shape or 93 arnold shape, or 93 O shape... which shows us that when there is a precedent for greatness it makes the title easier to give.  When ronnie was a pro, he never did anything truly amazing until that 98 olympia and people were more shocked that he won than they were truly appreciating what was being presented to them.  In 99 he came back with an even better package (yes, i don't care what mcgough says) and even then there was more talk of flex losing than ronnie winning.  ronnie was the underdog even though he was the champ.  everyone assumed flex was the one off as opposed to ronnie being insanely on... because there was a precedent for flex. Flex had 3 amazing showings at that point in his career, ronnie had one, and that was more overshadowed by flex being the heir apparent and not winning.  So he's two O's in and all people were talking about was flex not winning.  before the 2000 O, FLEX did a spread of 99 O flex vs ronnie shots with ronnie taking on the claims that flex had made about beating him in certain poses and the shots they showed really made evident how much ronnie was killing flex (who was in pretty good shape for that show) and thats when the talk really got started of how good ronnie was.  ronnie was OK at the 2000 O, but good enough to win (the controversy over the legless and backless levrone always confused me), then he came in and destroyed EVERYONE at the 2001 AC with amazing conditioning and finally people were ready to accept what they were seeing.  At this point in his career, Ronnie was so dominant and so shredded he was no longer an anomaly, he was a consistent freak that in 3 of his last 4 majors had brought to the table a physique that was worthy of being considered the greatest ever. 

excellent post. very true.
well said.
Flower Boy Ran Away

IceCold

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #39161 on: December 23, 2007, 09:29:37 AM »

interesting point.

but at the same time , yates was in the same situation in 92.

an unknown bber who won the Olympia and no one knew what he would bring in 93.

at the same time you're only as good as your competition - yates' competition makes ronnie's look like a joke.

the fact the ronnie was beating gustavo and dexter vs. yates against kevin, nasser, shawn, etc. is a huge difference.

its like a division 2 going undefeated where as a division 1 team goes 13-2.

huge difference.
R.I.P. DIMEBAG DARRELL ABBOTT (1966-2004)

IceCold

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #39162 on: December 23, 2007, 09:32:01 AM »
its still better than this travesty:

:-\

that "travesty" is from 95.

paul dillet was quoted as that being the best ever.

let me know if you want to post the quote. again.

here's the thing with quotes.

you say one thing, people say something else.

something else - evidence - is needed to settle it.

a quote from a top bber or an unknown canadian guy.

hmmmmm?

wonder who to pick.

IceCold

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #39163 on: December 23, 2007, 09:33:40 AM »
excellent post. very true.
well said.

acutally, that quote which you agree on is a direct contradiction on your entire purpose on this thread.

if ronnie was as good as you claim in 99, then it would not have mattered at all about flex.

that's why there is NOTHING about 99 ronnie being the best ever from 99 or any year from any publication.

the complete opposite would be yates in 93 - the entire focus was on him after the show.

owned again.

IceCold

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #39164 on: December 23, 2007, 09:36:33 AM »
everything I say is true.

learn it.

deal with it kid.

like when you said ronnie would win this year.

when you said ronnie has the best back ever, but RONNIE himself disagrees with you.

when you said ronnie would win in 98 even if yates competed, but RONNIE himself disagrees with you.

when you said you knew more about bbing than peter mcgough.

should i continue?

TrapsMcLats

• Getbig IV
  • Lift Heavy. Lift Hard.
« Reply #39165 on: December 23, 2007, 10:12:27 AM »

interesting point.

but at the same time , yates was in the same situation in 92.

an unknown bber who won the Olympia and no one knew what he would bring in 93.

at the same time you're only as good as your competition - yates' competition makes ronnie's look like a joke.

the fact the ronnie was beating gustavo and dexter vs. yates against kevin, nasser, shawn, etc. is a huge difference.

its like a division 2 going undefeated where as a division 1 team goes 13-2.

huge difference.

Yeah, but yates rookie O got him a 2nd place.  He exploded onto the scene, almost beat haney, the next year he won the show and came in better and then the next year even better than before.  when yates arrived he was a phenom in the sense that he was ready to contend from day one.  Ronnie was a work in progress and never had the buzz factor working for him.  Instead of people saying, "coleman came in and beat flex! he looked amazing, shredded to the bone, and big as a house" it was more," Coleman won??! ronnie coleman, really?"

As for his competition, ronnie had to contend with: flex, cormier, nasser, shawn ray, priest, levrone, cutler for his first five olympias (granted some were not at every O).  it wasn't until 03 that the competition really started to suck... and even then cutler was still a huge threat. Cutler might not be the most amazing bodybuilder, but he is massive and quite a threat to any bodybuilder in history.   its not really ronnie's fault that cormier got mentaly raped by coleman and gave up or that levrone quit squating or that wheelers kidney's failed... Ronnie always had enough to win.  I also like to point out that dorian never had to deal with the dubious challenge round.  Dorian was never so dominant that they tried to change the contest rules, ronnie was.

NeoSeminole

• Getbig V
  • Ronnie > Dorian
« Reply #39166 on: December 23, 2007, 10:24:54 AM »

who was Dorian's competition? A 220 lbs Flex Wheeler that missed his peak or 200 lbs Shawn Ray? Or how about 'no-back' Nasser and Paul Dillet? You act like Dorian's competition was much better when it wasn't. Ronnie also had to face the same guys and some new contenders such as razor-sharp Dexter Jackson, 300 lbs one-hit wonder Gunter (02), and future Mr. Olympia Jay Cutler.

IceCold

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #39167 on: December 23, 2007, 10:46:40 AM »
who was Dorian's competition? A 220 lbs Flex Wheeler that missed his peak or 200 lbs Shawn Ray? Or how about 'no-back' Nasser and Paul Dillet? You act like Dorian's competition was much better when it wasn't. Ronnie also had to face the same guys and some new contenders such as razor-sharp Dexter Jackson, 300 lbs one-hit wonder Gunter (02), and future Mr. Olympia Jay Cutler.

shawn, flex, nasser, paul, kevin were all in their prime against dorian, not ronnie.

if you compared the guys of the 90's in their prime vs. guys of the 00's, its not even close.

that is the best competition period that bbing has ever seen.

IceCold

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #39168 on: December 23, 2007, 10:54:16 AM »
Yeah, but yates rookie O got him a 2nd place.  He exploded onto the scene, almost beat haney, the next year he won the show and came in better and then the next year even better than before.  when yates arrived he was a phenom in the sense that he was ready to contend from day one.  Ronnie was a work in progress and never had the buzz factor working for him.  Instead of people saying, "coleman came in and beat flex! he looked amazing, shredded to the bone, and big as a house" it was more," Coleman won??! ronnie coleman, really?"

As for his competition, ronnie had to contend with: flex, cormier, nasser, shawn ray, priest, levrone, cutler for his first five olympias (granted some were not at every O).  it wasn't until 03 that the competition really started to suck... and even then cutler was still a huge threat. Cutler might not be the most amazing bodybuilder, but he is massive and quite a threat to any bodybuilder in history.   its not really ronnie's fault that cormier got mentaly raped by coleman and gave up or that levrone quit squating or that wheelers kidney's failed... Ronnie always had enough to win.  I also like to point out that dorian never had to deal with the dubious challenge round.  Dorian was never so dominant that they tried to change the contest rules, ronnie was.

however you want to put it the guys of the 90's were MUCH better than the lineups ronnie faced.

ever person you mentioned - kevin, nasser, flex, etc. obtained their best form against dorian, not ronnie.

change the rules?

thats a good one - the promoters did that to "add excitement" to the show. - it had absolutely nothing to do with ronnie.

not only was it a bad idea, ronnie lost both years - something a dominant mr. olympia should never do - especially when being judged by other olympia winners.

anyways, for the most part, i agree with what you're saying about how flex was suppossed to win, etc.

however, if ronnie were that great in 99, like hulkser claims, then all the focus would have been on ronnie, not flex.

in other words, the results would have spoken for themselves.

in other words, ronnie SHOULD have been soooooo great, that's all the talk about 99.

of course, that didnt happen, and i'm still waiting for something from 99, that says ronnie's best form that year was the best other - another myth that hulkster likes to fantasize about.

if that were true, then ronnie's form that year would have been written about the greatest ever in EVERY olympia report.

reaitly?  - it was in ZERO reports bc it is not true.

however, for 93, it was in EVERY report.

NeoSeminole

• Getbig V
  • Ronnie > Dorian
« Reply #39169 on: December 23, 2007, 11:18:56 AM »
shawn, flex, nasser, paul, kevin were all in their prime against dorian, not ronnie.

Shawn always showed up looking the same. Flex placed 2nd only once I believe in 93. He missed his peak every other year, sometimes placing as low as 4th or 5th (I can't remember). Nasser and Paul Dillet may have been in their prime against Dorian but both had incomplete backs. Ronnie would have exposed their flaws as soon as they hit the mandatory back poses. This leaves Kevin who looked damn good if not his best at the 99 British GP which Ronnie won.

pumpster

• Getbig V
  • If you're reading this you have too much free time
« Reply #39170 on: December 23, 2007, 11:28:34 AM »

however you want to put it the guys of the 90's were MUCH better than the lineups ronnie faced.

ever person you mentioned - kevin, nasser, flex, etc. obtained their best form against dorian, not ronnie.

change the rules?

thats a good one - the promoters did that to "add excitement" to the show. - it had absolutely nothing to do with ronnie.

not only was it a bad idea, ronnie lost both years - something a dominant mr. olympia should never do - especially when being judged by other olympia winners.

anyways, for the most part, i agree with what you're saying about how flex was suppossed to win, etc.

however, if ronnie were that great in 99, like hulkser claims, then all the focus would have been on ronnie, not flex.

in other words, the results would have spoken for themselves.

in other words, ronnie SHOULD have been soooooo great, that's all the talk about 99.

of course, that didnt happen, and i'm still waiting for something from 99, that says ronnie's best form that year was the best other - another myth that hulkster likes to fantasize about.

if that were true, then ronnie's form that year would have been written about the greatest ever in EVERY olympia report.

reaitly?  - it was in ZERO reports bc it is not true.

however, for 93, it was in EVERY report.

I love the way this dumbass is oblivious to the reality that everything he rambles on and on about is null and void when the veracity of the decisions has always been suspect, what with the keg down on his knees servicing uncle joe bwhaahahahaha what a coincidence it is that the white BB always won those shows. ::)

Cleanest Natural

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Diet first, all else second
« Reply #39171 on: December 23, 2007, 11:55:13 AM »

I love the way this dumbass is oblivious to the reality that everything he rambles on and on about is null and void when the veracity of the decisions has always been suspect, what with the keg down on his knees servicing uncle joe bwhaahahahaha what a coincidence it is that the white BB always won those shows. ::)
Who the fuck asked for your oppinion gaymaster ?... don't u have some young boy to fondle ?...

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
« Reply #39172 on: December 23, 2007, 03:38:55 PM »
Dorian was never so dominant that they tried to change the contest rules, ronnie was.

very true.

deal with it ND.

hahahaha
Flower Boy Ran Away

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
« Reply #39173 on: December 23, 2007, 03:46:25 PM »
that "travesty" is from 95.

paul dillet was quoted as that being the best ever.

let me know if you want to post the quote. again.

here's the thing with quotes.

you say one thing, people say something else.

something else - evidence - is needed to settle it.

a quote from a top bber or an unknown canadian guy.

hmmmmm?

wonder who to pick.

you pick the one with visual support to back it up, not visual support to contradict it.

problem is, all the quotes from the dorian side (even the ones ND posts about Ronnie) have been catagorically proven to be incorrect and wrong based on literally dozens and dozens of pics and videos too.

a quote is worthless without proof.

period.
Flower Boy Ran Away

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
« Reply #39174 on: December 23, 2007, 03:52:10 PM »
eg. this is sure as hell not the 'best ever' LOL

you guys are mistaking an opinion as being always 100% true.

it is not.

it can be totally wrong, even if you did attend the fucking contest:

see Peter McGough for tons of examples like this (eg. 269 pound dorian harder than 99 contest Ronnie, 98 ronnie harder than 99 ronnie (although he reversed this opinion later on but ND likes to ignore it ::)) etc etc.

ps if you think that dorian 95 was the best ever, or that precontest bloated dorian was harder than ronnie, or that 98 ronnie was in better shape than ronnie 99, well, then you aren't look at the visuals properly

period.

no matter what a quote might say.
Flower Boy Ran Away