Author Topic: How does not shaving help Prostate Cancer?  (Read 3356 times)

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
  • I read at least a dozen primary sources a day
Re: How does not shaving help Prostate Cancer?
« Reply #25 on: November 05, 2013, 03:06:19 PM »
an "Across America Heme-Iron Tour For Peace" would be more beneficial

X2

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #26 on: November 05, 2013, 05:12:32 PM »
What do you feel is the best detection method?  Are you a believer in PSA as providing a sufficient picture or would you recommend other means?

I think I've asked you about this before but it seems like a good thread in which to ask again.

Your doctor generally checks your prostate when you have a physical. It is not the most enjoyable thing to have done, but the old finger poke up your butt will determine if the prostate is enlarged or not. The next step is the PSA test. It is good to establish a baseline PSA. Generally, the doctor will look for changes is PSA, particularly an increase. However, many things besides cancer can affect your PSA. Ultimately, a biopsy is the most definitive way to check for prostate cancer. Even then, there is a chance it will no show cancer when cancer is there. Take it from me, prostate biopsies are not at all fun. They hurt and you pee blood for a week afterwards. Most often, prostate cancer is slow growing.

blinky

• Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: November 06, 2013, 02:13:03 AM »
All these diseases are terrible, but I agree Adonis. Its overkill these days. I know women have breast cancer and I hope there is a cure soon. I get it. But Pink doesn't "raise my awareness" at all. Its fundraising, and its getting crowded with causes these days...

how is raising money/awareness for any horrible disease overkill??!!??

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #28 on: November 06, 2013, 04:50:57 AM »
Your doctor generally checks your prostate when you have a physical. It is not the most enjoyable thing to have done, but the old finger poke up your butt will determine if the prostate is enlarged or not. The next step is the PSA test. It is good to establish a baseline PSA. Generally, the doctor will look for changes is PSA, particularly an increase. However, many things besides cancer can affect your PSA. Ultimately, a biopsy is the most definitive way to check for prostate cancer. Even then, there is a chance it will no show cancer when cancer is there. Take it from me, prostate biopsies are not at all fun. They hurt and you pee blood for a week afterwards. Most often, prostate cancer is slow growing.

Thanks man.  And no, that doesn't sound like much fun at all.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: November 06, 2013, 04:57:14 PM »
Thanks man.  And no, that doesn't sound like much fun at all.

It more embarrassing than painful.

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
  • DON'T BE A TRAITOR TO YOUR TRIBE
« Reply #30 on: November 06, 2013, 05:03:18 PM »
how does wearing a pink ribbon or pink shoes ala the NFL help breast cancer  ::)

The NFL is constantly trying to bring more women to the TV to watch their product...The pink shoe etc is simply a marketing strategy...Dumb chicks think the players actually have a heart and care about such causes. Wearing pink is also part of the Hierarchy's "fruit cake" agenda..."They" are trying to use different techniques to help breed out Type A personalities in men and get them as close to a fruit cake(much like Go4it)as possible...

snx

• Getbig IV
« Reply #31 on: November 06, 2013, 05:53:07 PM »
It more embarrassing than painful.

The finger, or the biopsy?

I've heard the biopsy is some real solid tear-jerker type of pain.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: November 06, 2013, 08:47:12 PM »
The finger, or the biopsy?

I've heard the biopsy is some real solid tear-jerker type of pain.

Having the doctor stick their finger in your bum is embarrassing but doesn't hurt at all. Having a biopsy is a tear-jerker for sure. I have a really high pain threshold and I can guarantee you that prostate biopsies hurt like shit. Still, it is worth it. 15 or 20 minutes of discomfort verses dying of prostate cancer.....well, it's a no brainer.