Author Topic: Asante Samuel to sign franchise tender  (Read 3186 times)

body88

Re: Asante Samuel to sign franchise tender
« Reply #25 on: August 29, 2007, 04:17:25 PM »
I think Jacobs is going to be bust this year as the full-time back. He's too tall and he will take a lot of hits because he runs too high. I don't think he'll play more than 6 games this year before he gets banged up. Can't really remember the last time a tall running back was a success in the NFL. Eddie George was 6'3" and he was the rare exception. But his career was cut a little short because of excessive wear and tear at an early age.

20 carries a game for Jacobs? I doubt it. He's more effective in a limited role such as in goal line situations. Just my .02.

Dickerson was 6'3 I think. You are right about being a tall back tho. Def not an advantage. Imagine all the people who passed on Jones Drew because he was to short.

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
  • I can spot crazy pussy....
« Reply #26 on: August 29, 2007, 05:54:49 PM »
I drafted Jones-Drew as a good third running back in my fantasy draft. I'd be happy as shit if he manages to score 15 touchdowns again like last year.

Fred Taylor is the starter but you better believe Jones-Drew will touch the ball A LOT. He's scary as shit in the open field. He looks like a metal fire hydrant running full speed at you. He can drop his shoulder and still level a lot of bigger guys.

body88

« Reply #27 on: August 30, 2007, 07:11:10 AM »
I drafted Jones-Drew as a good third running back in my fantasy draft. I'd be happy as shit if he manages to score 15 touchdowns again like last year.

Fred Taylor is the starter but you better believe Jones-Drew will touch the ball A LOT. He's scary as shit in the open field. He looks like a metal fire hydrant running full speed at you. He can drop his shoulder and still level a lot of bigger guys.

Just ask Tully Banta Cain what happens when you dont wrap up that little brusier.

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #28 on: August 30, 2007, 11:36:24 AM »
Here's hoping no one gets hurt tonight when the Gmen play the Pat's 8)