Author Topic: nba on christmas day  (Read 7559 times)

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
Re: nba on christmas day
« Reply #25 on: December 26, 2010, 10:20:22 AM »
I figured    thats why I brought it up.   Only Penguin fans care about that matchup.   Not sure if the Caps have fans outside Landover!

don't forget the game is played outside, that makes it a little more appealing than a typical game unlike the nba christmas games where they aren't any more meaningful or "different" than a game in november

pens/caps is the most famous hockey rivalry today, which is why they are playing in the winter classic

E
E

regmac

• Getbig V
« Reply #26 on: December 26, 2010, 12:32:10 PM »
don't forget the game is played outside, that makes it a little more appealing than a typical game unlike the nba christmas games where they aren't any more meaningful or "different" than a game in november

pens/caps is the most famous hockey rivalry today, which is why they are playing in the winter classic

E
It's only famous because of 2 guys!  If Ovechkin  was not on the Caps,    no one would even follow Washington!
((-::

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #27 on: December 26, 2010, 12:58:52 PM »
you could probably say that about every hockey team in america

washington has 4 players i saw ranked in the top 50 in the nhl, so they have more than alex

E
E

regmac

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: December 26, 2010, 01:07:52 PM »
you could probably say that about every hockey team in america

washington has 4 players i saw ranked in the top 50 in the nhl, so they have more than alex

E
Well on according to ESPN,  they only have one player!  But when I lived there   the caps played 2nd fiddle to even the Bullets!  to me they are the Kings east coast brothers.....or sisters  ha!   But that may just be hockey all together  here in LA, outside Staples there are no stars on the team,  but inside Kopitar in compared to Crosby!
((-::