Author Topic: Bulking is a terrible idea  (Read 128173 times)

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
Re: Bulking is a terrible idea
« Reply #125 on: January 18, 2018, 09:19:38 PM »
And speaking if bulking that never did jack shit pour moi, even though doc Blakely is a huge proponent of it

Same goes for Thousand Island dressing and chocolate sauce. Be creative and never eat anything that you don't add calories to in some way. Melt provolone cheese over your pasta. Put ranch dressing on your pizza. Dip potato chips in honey. I don't care what sick and twisted combinations you come up with, as long as you find it palatable. You wouldn't believe some of the things I've eaten. ( Try a bowl full of peanut butter smothered in maple syrup and a stick of butter in the microwave for 30 seconds. Lay two Hershey bars over it to melt and you'll just start to understand.)

Carry food with you. Always have a jar of peanuts in your car. Carry Pop-Tarts, Slim Jim meat snacks, candy bars, anything handy that travels well and needs no special preparation. Never get caught away from food. Put it in your desk, your locker, your gym bag, your brief case, hell, carry some around in your pockets if you have to! Never miss a meal because you couldn't eat. What's that? Couldn't eat? It takes less than 50 seconds to eat two candy bars. That's over 500 calories. Even if you have to sneak it on the job, go to the john and wolf them down. You must never be without food. Take some with you. and never say you didn't have time (50 seconds?!) or opportunity. Find time or make time.

Eat immediately upon arising. Start right away. You lost time sleeping - you weren't eating! Fill up first thing in the morning. Don't wait! You went several hours without any food. The longer you wait the less time you have to get all the food your supposed to eat down. If you wait long enough it will be impossible to make it. You'll run out of time. Get off to a solid start. Minimum first meal calories: 1200. Eat over a grand right away and the rest of the day will be easier. Eat less, and you'll be playing catch-up all day long.

Eat just prior to bed. You are going to go for hours without food?Euel up! This is your last chance to feed your body for a long time give it one last push. This is uncomfortable for many, but with practice you will adapt and be able to eat a good calorie load before retiring. Shoot for 500 calories minimum.

This is the cornerstone of a great bodybuilding diet broham. 

::)

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #126 on: January 19, 2018, 12:15:51 AM »
This is the cornerstone of a great bodybuilding diet broham. 

::)

He begs to differ

tres_taco_combo

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #127 on: January 19, 2018, 09:03:00 AM »
everyone responds to different diet, training, drugs, lifestyles and everyone has different goals

if you are competing as a bber it is a must to bulk up. sucks but gotta have an off season which includes adding size

Griffith

• Getbig V
« Reply #128 on: January 19, 2018, 09:12:35 AM »
Entering my 30's I decided to slim down. Bulking was fun in my 20's but now I think it would be a bit reckless.

Go 4 It

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • "The World Meets Nobody Half Way"
« Reply #129 on: January 20, 2018, 01:34:30 PM »
Bulk still going cant seem to break 195 on the scale, but lifts are getting good, put up 100 pound dbs for reps today.

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #130 on: January 20, 2018, 02:04:35 PM »
Bulk still going cant seem to break 195 on the scale, but lifts are getting good, put up 100 pound dbs for reps today.

Go on the Blakely diet bro

"Admit that you are under-eating!"

"I don't feel sorry for those who lack the discipline to eat more"

"I don't believe you if you tell me you can't eat more than you're eating now"

"You must not excuse yourself from eating what you are supposed to when you are supposed to"

"Carry mayo with you and add lots of it to everything"

"Dip potato chips in honey"

"Always have a jar of peanuts in your car"

"It takes less than 50 seconds to eat two candy bars"

"Never drink any fluids that don't have calories"

"Above all, you must accept the inarguable fact that you must put more food into your mouth"

"Remember - If you want to beat the man, you've gotta out eat the man"

😎😎😎

Go 4 It

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #131 on: January 20, 2018, 03:18:39 PM »
Go on the Blakely diet bro

"Admit that you are under-eating!"

"I don't feel sorry for those who lack the discipline to eat more"

"I don't believe you if you tell me you can't eat more than you're eating now"

"You must not excuse yourself from eating what you are supposed to when you are supposed to"

"Carry mayo with you and add lots of it to everything"

"Dip potato chips in honey"

"Always have a jar of peanuts in your car"

"It takes less than 50 seconds to eat two candy bars"

"Never drink any fluids that don't have calories"

"Above all, you must accept the inarguable fact that you must put more food into your mouth"

"Remember - If you want to beat the man, you've gotta out eat the man"

😎😎😎
Is this his quote? Dude I haven't eaten a potato chip since elementary school ;D I eat quality food, because I'm trying to put on quality weight, I'm not going to eat mayo and candy bars, theres tons of high caloric foods that are also nutrient dense and healthy.

ratherbebig

• Getbig V
  • if you got more than 10k you're gay
« Reply #132 on: January 20, 2018, 04:32:24 PM »
i dont see the point in eating excessive calories.

and its quite stupid to think that eating less healthy food will not have an effect in the long run.

flinstones1

• Getbig V
  • levroneflinstonee
« Reply #133 on: January 20, 2018, 07:00:38 PM »
Train hard 4-5 days a week
Do cardio twice a week. Wind sprints or pulling a weighted sled/tire flips are even better.
Bulk...but eat  a ton of clean food. Have a cheat meal once or twice a week.

Do this for a year. IF you aren't muscular and in decent shape there is something else going on. Low test levels, poor sleep, stress, etc.

A sample diet for me is this.

Meal 1) 6 whole omega 3 eggs, oatmeal, coffee, fruit
Meal 2) protein shake
Meal 3) steak and sweet potatoe
Meal 4) protein shake
Meal 5) sushi
Meal 6) pre bed shake

For me, I made the best gains of my life when I was sleeping 8-10 hours a night.
l

flinstones1

• Getbig V
  • levroneflinstonee
« Reply #134 on: January 20, 2018, 07:01:32 PM »
i dont see the point in eating excessive calories.

and its quite stupid to think that eating less healthy food will not have an effect in the long run.

Because gaining muscle requires calories. A 175 pound guy trying to get to 205 needs to eat his fucking ass off and train hard. Once you build the muscle, you don't need 4000 calories a day to maintain it.
l

NelsonMuntz

• Getbig V
  • Getbigs Most Positive Member March&October 2017
« Reply #135 on: January 20, 2018, 08:25:04 PM »
Goodrum is obese. Not just a bit overweight. Legitimately 30% body fat. If Mr. Fragile Ego Levrone thinks I'm somehow 30%, goodrums 70%. Watching Entertainment Tonight at the moment and they got that Honey Boo Boo cast on, and Goodrum looks like the hat black male version of that heifer "Mama June".

say what you will about Vince, however whether any of us like it or not he unlike me, you and alot of other people here did diet down and compete, he may have not had the best physique or something that you feel is not worthy but you have never gotten into comp shape either, and other than when I did that eas transformation chellenge 20 years ago, neither have I

I think he got into decent shpe here for being natural with shit genetics

"

pellius

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith Jones aka OnlyMe/NoWorries. 1/10/2011
« Reply #136 on: January 20, 2018, 10:08:44 PM »

Now that's how you press dbs. Good work go4it!

Griffith

• Getbig V
« Reply #137 on: January 20, 2018, 11:05:52 PM »
Because gaining muscle requires calories. A 175 pound guy trying to get to 205 needs to eat his fucking ass off and train hard. Once you build the muscle, you don't need 4000 calories a day to maintain it.

According to Mike Mentzer, we only need slightly more than our maintenance level to build muscle.

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #138 on: January 21, 2018, 12:16:07 AM »
According to Mike Mentzer, we only need slightly more than our maintenance level to build muscle.

He said that he would train for months on end and get stronger and stronger with out a size increase and then..... BOOOMMMM

He would add 3or 4 pounds nearly overnight

Henda

• Getbig V
« Reply #139 on: January 21, 2018, 03:15:52 AM »
say what you will about Vince, however whether any of us like it or not he unlike me, you and alot of other people here did diet down and compete, he may have not had the best physique or something that you feel is not worthy but you have never gotten into comp shape either, and other than when I did that eas transformation chellenge 20 years ago, neither have I

I think he got into decent shpe here for being natural with shit genetics

Probably the leanest photo we’ve seen of vince, problem is his condition there is equal to most people who train normal walking about with no attention to diet bodyfat level

werewolf operative

« Reply #140 on: January 21, 2018, 05:24:23 AM »
Again no pic from you

What a surprise

I am not lying dummy, just because i train them doesn't mean we are involved somehow

I have already said that i worked as fit trainer in USA, so i know what i am doing and i know much more than you bout training that is for damn sure puusy operative

You haven't improved in over 20 fucking years. You are an ectomorph with shitty genes that goes on and off gear to gain the same few lbs of muscle and then lose it again and again. You have no business giving advice to anybody, if anything, you are a perfect example of someone who threw their life away chasing a dream. A middle aged loser posting about women when you haven't had one in years. You're unemployed and live with "family" which you tell us gives you the opportunity to live life the way you want which is apparently eating three meals a day, training chest and arms only with isolation movements, quoting jm blakely, worshiping black cock and constantly bringing up your superior racial bloodlines when in reality you're nothing but a mongrel.

This is where you respond with pictures spread out over the years in your best condition which you brag was achieved by fast food and a 70's drug protocol. You should have been aborted.

sceagacros

• Getbig III
  • Happy holidays, have you considered suicide?
« Reply #141 on: January 21, 2018, 05:28:52 AM »
Blakely knows a thing or two  about how to drastically change weight classes-  "To be the man, you've gotta out eat the man" , and my favorite Blakely quote:
“canned soda pop is an excellent source of purified water”.

How's his health these days I wonder? Guy was a top dog back in the day for sure.

werewolf operative

« Reply #142 on: January 21, 2018, 05:31:28 AM »
Blakely knows a thing or two  about how to drastically change weight classes-  "To be the man, you've gotta out eat the man" , and my favorite Blakely quote:
“canned soda pop is an excellent source of purified water”.

How's his health these days I wonder?

He's dead...

sceagacros

• Getbig III
  • Happy holidays, have you considered suicide?
« Reply #143 on: January 21, 2018, 05:33:29 AM »

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #144 on: January 21, 2018, 06:23:53 AM »
So putting a full 2 inches ON EACH ARM is not improvement

Just fuck off pussy

werewolf operative

« Reply #145 on: January 21, 2018, 06:56:29 AM »
So putting a full 2 inches ON EACH ARM is not improvement

Just fuck off pussy

You haven't added two inches to your arms. They are 16 and change, if that, when you're at full bloat with a pump. You're giving go 4 it advice on breaking a plateau? He looks like superman, you look like dogshit. Tell me again how much of a pussy I am and the beating you'd give me you fucking man child.

Go 4 It

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #146 on: January 21, 2018, 07:42:13 AM »
Now that's how you press dbs. Good work go4it!
Mahalo broski! Respect!

Probably the leanest photo we’ve seen of vince, problem is his condition there is equal to most people who train normal walking about with no attention to diet bodyfat level
Wow, looking at that pic comparing to Vinces current look he actually has put on a ton of size, look completely different there.

ratherbebig

• Getbig V
  • if you got more than 10k you're gay
« Reply #147 on: January 21, 2018, 07:53:26 AM »

a few hundred calories more yes
a few thousand calories more no

there's a difference.

Go 4 It

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #148 on: January 21, 2018, 09:26:08 AM »
a few hundred calories more yes
a few thousand calories more no

there's a difference.

This 8)

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #149 on: January 21, 2018, 09:50:58 AM »

That's nothing.

I saw Chaos (conehead) push up the 150's for reps.
X