Author Topic: 16 for '16: The Most Talked-About Potential GOP Presidential Candidates  (Read 182010 times)

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
Re: 16 for '16: The Most Talked-About Potential GOP Presidential Candidates
« Reply #1325 on: March 04, 2016, 01:14:07 PM »
Rubio and Cruz are not nearly as polarizing as Trump. 

You can stick your head in the sand, call people names, etc., but no denying the facts.  There is an enormous anti-Trump vote in the GOP. 

I don't particularly care for Trump's "wheels off" immature moments either but there comes a time when you have to grow up and realize the consequences of what Hillary being elected brings.

Especially what 2 and possibly 3 Supreme Court justices being replaced with liberals will mean to our rights over the next 20 to 30 years. Particularly the Second Amendment.

I realize it's the heat of the primary battle now but I hope people really come to their senses about what the consequences of that will be.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #1326 on: March 04, 2016, 01:15:13 PM »
Thing with Trump, is he could have taken it all.  He could have situated himself to be the unquestionable favorite among ALL voters.  So why couldn't/can't he see that?  Doesn't he have anyone around him to give an objective analysis?  

Constantly challenging people to drop their support (let's face it, that's what he is doing) doesn't make sense, and it certainly doesn't lend itself to feelings of confidence for those who would try to back him.

Because he cannot change who he is. 

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #1327 on: March 04, 2016, 01:21:50 PM »
And btw, I have to give credit to Cruz, Rubio and Kasich for saying they would support Trump if he becomes the nominee.

At least they understand the consequences unlike all these keyboard badasses who are willing to help flush The Constitution down the toilet by supporting Hillary this November.

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #1328 on: March 04, 2016, 01:22:44 PM »
Because he cannot change who he is. 

As simple an answer as it is, you're probably right.  But it causes me to believe more than ever that it's based in fear.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #1329 on: March 04, 2016, 01:23:20 PM »
I don't particularly care for Trump's "wheels off" immature moments either but there comes a time when you have to grow up and realize the consequences of what Hillary being elected brings.

Especially what 2 and possibly 3 Supreme Court justices being replaced with liberals will mean to our rights over the next 20 to 30 years. Particularly the Second Amendment.

I realize it's the heat of the primary battle now but I hope people really come to their senses about what the consequences of that will be.

You are assuming Trump will appoint better justices than Hillary.  I don't make that assumption at all.  He has flipped on so many issues in the past year, and lies about his positions so much, how can you possibly trust him?  

Trump is dangerous.  He is just as untrustworthy as Hillary.    

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #1330 on: March 04, 2016, 01:25:22 PM »
And btw, I have to give credit to Cruz, Rubio and Kasich for saying they would support Trump if he becomes the nominee.

At least they understand the consequences unlike all these keyboard badasses who are willing to help flush The Constitution down the toilet by supporting Hillary this November.

I was just talking to someone and expressed how disappointing it was that they said they would support him.  But I guess they had no choice.  Plus as Rubio (and you) said, Hillary is worse.  I don't agree. 

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #1331 on: March 04, 2016, 01:25:30 PM »

Wow, I hadn't heard.  That's huge.  

Even Rubio, though, after saying Trump's a con-man?

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #1332 on: March 04, 2016, 01:27:26 PM »
Wow, I hadn't heard.  That's huge.  

Even Rubio, though, after saying Trump's a con-man?

Exactly what I said, but his response was that Hillary is worse.  

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #1333 on: March 04, 2016, 01:30:12 PM »
You are assuming Trump will appoint better justices than Hillary.  I don't make that assumption at all.  He has flipped on so many issues in the past year, and lies about his positions so much, how can you possibly trust him?  

Trump is dangerous.  He is just as untrustworthy as Hillary.    

I'll take my chances with the guy who is praising Justice Thomas, Alito and Scalia constantly.

I KNOW what Hillary will do.  

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #1334 on: March 04, 2016, 01:36:31 PM »
No question Hillary is dangerous.  No question she will continue to shit on America just as Obama has.  She seems to be quite deranged, as well, and we can't forget about the damage her husband will be busy with, whatever that may be.  I shudder to think of the no-good things he'll be up to.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #1335 on: March 04, 2016, 01:37:59 PM »
I'll take my chances with the guy who is praising Justice Thomas, Alito and Scalia constantly.

I KNOW what Hillary will do.  

He also praised his sister.  He says whatever he thinks he needs to say to appeal to his audience.  Like telling the Iowa and South Carolina voters how deeply religious he is.  He is a manipulator.  

You also know what Trump will do:  lose his cool, insult our allies who disagree with him, threaten, change his positions depending on which way the wind is blowing, embarrass the heck out of us, etc.  

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #1336 on: March 04, 2016, 01:40:30 PM »
He also praised his sister.  He says whatever he thinks he needs to say to appeal to his audience.  Like telling the Iowa and South Carolina voters how deeply religious he is.  He is a manipulator.  

You also know what Trump will do:  lose his cool, insult our allies who disagree with him, threaten, change his positions depending on which way the wind is blowing, embarrass the heck out of us, etc.  

I'm not disagreeing with ANY of what you wrote.

And I'll STILL take my chances with Trump over her when it comes to The Supreme Court and The Second Amendment.

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #1337 on: March 04, 2016, 01:43:07 PM »
Those power-hungry weasels are looking for the vp slot.  How else can it be explained?  Or maybe they don't want to insult the voter, which is what brokering would be: a punch in the nose to the voter.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #1338 on: March 04, 2016, 01:44:46 PM »
I'm not disagreeing with ANY of what you wrote.

And I'll STILL take my chances with Trump over her when it comes to The Supreme Court and The Second Amendment.

There is a sizeable number of voters who agree with you.   :-\

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #1339 on: March 04, 2016, 01:47:03 PM »

I think we're way past the point where we should worry about being "embarrased", though.  I think we crossed that line a long time ago.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #1340 on: March 04, 2016, 01:51:43 PM »
I think we're way past the point where we should worry about being "embarrased", though.  I think we crossed that line a long time ago.

I don't think we should get to the point where we don't care about what kind of representative our president will be.  He or she needs to be someone who represents American values and be a role model.  Those things matter. 

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #1341 on: March 04, 2016, 01:55:30 PM »
I don't think we should get to the point where we don't care about what kind of representative our president will be.  He or she needs to be someone who represents American values and be a role model.  Those things matter. 

What if the person isn't actually bothering to represent us in the first place, as will be true for Hillary?

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #1342 on: March 04, 2016, 01:56:27 PM »
There is a sizeable number of voters who agree with you.   :-\

Unfortunately we just don't have the luxury to sit this one out in protest.

Justice Scalia is dead and Justice Ginsburg looks more and more like a decrepit mummy by the day.

If The Supreme Court was filled with a bunch of spring chickens we wouldn't have to make this difficult decision.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #1343 on: March 04, 2016, 02:04:54 PM »
What if the person isn't actually bothering to represent us in the first place, as will be true for Hillary?

She isn't worthy either.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #1344 on: March 04, 2016, 02:05:24 PM »
Unfortunately we just don't have the luxury to sit this one out in protest.

Justice Scalia is dead and Justice Ginsburg looks more and more like a decrepit mummy by the day.

If The Supreme Court was filled with a bunch of spring chickens we wouldn't have to make this difficult decision.

That's exactly what is going to happen if Trump is the nominee. 

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #1345 on: March 04, 2016, 02:30:17 PM »
She isn't worthy either.

Do you think it's possible that, in pursuit of his 'brand', Trump would attempt to represent our interests? 

Might he be driven to be a good leader for us, unlike what we know to expect from Hillary?

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #1346 on: March 04, 2016, 02:34:58 PM »
Do you think it's possible that, in pursuit of his 'brand', Trump would attempt to represent our interests? 

Might he be driven to be a good leader for us, unlike what we know to expect from Hillary?

I think Trump cares primarily about himself, making money, and improving his brand so he can make more money. 

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #1347 on: March 04, 2016, 02:37:19 PM »
I think Trump cares primarily about himself, making money, and improving his brand so he can make more money.  

But if he's driven by that, and I agree that he is, then it means he will strive to be a successful leader.  

How does that logic fail, IYO?

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #1348 on: March 04, 2016, 02:40:31 PM »
That's exactly what is going to happen if Trump is the nominee. 

You say that now but you are a reasonable guy plus I understand emotions are high in this dog fight we are all seeing.

Come October I can almost guarantee you will be singing another tune and resigned to the fact of holding your nose and pulling the lever for a man you despise.

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #1349 on: March 04, 2016, 02:43:17 PM »
Something we're not taking into account, is the fact that the GE is going to be a whole new level.  One of them could be holding information that will knock the other out.