Author Topic: WM 28 my review  (Read 5639 times)

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
WM 28 my review
« on: April 02, 2012, 08:11:53 AM »
Ok, I typed a longer more detailed review last night - TWICE - only to find this damn stupid board crapped it up and dumped it out in cyberspace somewhere.  And today it is still running slow so this will be brief.

I decided to go and the from the set to the attendance to the card it was loads better than last year in Atlanta.   The only difference in the crowd here (besides being more white) was that in Atlanta it seemed everyone had at least one title belt replica.  Here there were people who did carry them, but not that many. 

You knew Sheamus was going to win and win big because when he came out he was just being too lazy and fun.  Not the picture of someone that was about to engage in the standard 10-15+ of intense ring work of telling a story.  And the dude is much paler in real life than the tv shows.  If you can imagine that.

Orton and Kane - not much here.  Good match.  Kane won clean.  But a win or loss did nothing for either of them.  It didn't move them up or down the card at all.

Big Show vs Cody - Good match.  The loudest smack of the night was when Show chopped him.  Damn!! You could hear that up in the nosebleed sections.  The second loudest smack was the first clothesline that Cena hit Rock with at the beginning of their match.  But still... Show could open up a lung with the force he used.

Divas match -  don't really know.  This marked the exodus of people leaving their seats to go get snacks or buy soveniours.  Or in my case to go to the rest room and finish shaving my legs.   Well not really, but it was that boring apparently because people were flowing out of the seating areas.  I don't know who won this or what.

Taker vs HHH - First the entrances here were beyond gay.  Michaels runs down and like anyone that is special referee as to get as much attention on himself as he can.  Why can't people just be the referee and not try to steal attention?  Anyway, I know he is old and beat up and whatever, but when he went for his usual double bicep pose, he looked horrible and couldn't even get one arm up to the side.  IDK what is happening but he has some serious injuries or nerve impingments there. 

HHH had an entrance that just like last year looked like it was designed by a 50 year D&D virgin.    Taker did his usual entrance, but that costume looked like something Tim Burton's would have designed for an evil cartoon wizard.

The match itself was awesome.  Way better than last year.  At least Taker won in a convincing fashion this year and not with some last minute sneaky trickery submission like he did at WM27
The only drawback to the whole match was Michaels running around over reacting and making an ass out himself with his emotional distress issues.
This was the best match on the card by far.

6 man team tag match  Team Johnny vs Team Teddy
Not much to tell here.  However Dolph has the best dropkick in the sport today.  It is a thing of beauty.  I really think he is about 5 years away from being the next Shawn Michaels.  He has all the ability.  Unfortunately here, he had a nasty looking spot on his bicep.  Like a site injection gone wrong.  It looked nasty.
David Otunga must have followed a low carb / keto diet to get in shape.  He is definately in shape.  But he was definately running low on energy too.  Dude was dragging.  Maybe he only drinks decaf.
Booker T still has it.
Khali never had it.
R Truth had it, lost it, don't remember what it was.

That sums that match up.

Jericho vs Punk - it was so-so.  The overall crowd wasn't really into it until Jericho hit a suplex from the apron of the ring onto the floor.  That was the move of the night by far.   But only the last 1/3 of this match was interesting.

Cena vs Rock
Whoever that was that did the opening song for Cena looked like nothing more than a strung out meth head.  The hand overhead-hand to crotch-hand overhead-hand to crotch again and again got old by the 2nd time. 

The match itself was decent.  I will say at least it had a clean finish.  Not a bamboozled finish or controversial finish or one that ended after 10 Rock Bottoms.  You knew exactly how it would play out when Cena went for the People's Elbow.  Cena losing this match won't matter in a week.  Nor would it matter if he had won.  He will still be the top dog in the company, but at least Rock got to put him away clean.

sorry for the short condensed version but i am not typing out a long thread again just to have it disappear.

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
Re: WM 28 my review
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2012, 12:50:59 PM »
First the entrances here were beyond gay.  Michaels runs down and like anyone that is special referee as to get as much attention on himself as he can.  Why can't people just be the referee and not try to steal attention?

The only drawback to the whole match was Michaels running around over reacting and making an ass out himself with his emotional distress issues.
This was the best match on the card by far.

It's nice to know that others pick up on these things.

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2012, 03:49:44 PM »
One thing I noticed about the Rock is that he looked the same as he did 10 years ago.  (Well except for the tats and having his tits fixed.)

I was surprised because someone posted a photo of him before he last match on the G&O board a couple months ago and he was jacked.  He actually had a back.  Wish I could find that photo.

Krankenstein

• Getbig V
  • quit·ter : a person can't finish a task
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2012, 06:12:56 AM »

It's nice to know that others pick up on these things.

I saw that too....the WAYYYYYYYYYYYYY OVER THE TOP reactions to things....I started laughing.  Like he was intentionally doing this as an inside joke

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2012, 06:28:41 AM »
I saw that too....the WAYYYYYYYYYYYYY OVER THE TOP reactions to things....I started laughing.  Like he was intentionally doing this as an inside joke

Shawn's a "queen."

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2012, 08:03:18 AM »

Remember when he oversold in that match with Hogan because Hogan demanded that he do the job?  If not, go to youtube and look up Shawn Michaels oversells.  He is completely hilarious. 

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2012, 08:06:59 AM »
Here it is.  That act after Hogan delivered the big boot was hilarious.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2012, 08:12:03 AM »
Remember when he oversold in that match with Hogan because Hogan demanded that he do the job?  If not, go to youtube and look up Shawn Michaels oversells.  He is completely hilarious. 

Yeah, I know the match you're referring to.
Shawn has a long track record of being unprofessional and throwing immature tantrums like this.

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2012, 04:23:02 PM »
Here it is.  That act after Hogan delivered the big boot was hilarious.
Good for HBK.  I'm sure 100's of other guys got the joke as Hogan squashed so many over the years and always demanded to go over more than not.  Great way to get a rub over on the pile of shit known as Hulk Hogan....."Watcha gonna do when your wife is getting banged by an 18yr old and takes half your shit......brother !!!!"

Krankenstein

• Getbig V
  • quit·ter : a person can't finish a task
« Reply #9 on: April 04, 2012, 11:04:45 AM »
Good for HBK.  I'm sure 100's of other guys got the joke as Hogan squashed so many over the years and always demanded to go over more than not.  Great way to get a rub over on the pile of shit known as Hulk Hogan....."Watcha gonna do when your wife is getting banged by an 18yr old and takes half your shit......brother !!!!"

What will he do?  Make it look like he is banging his own daughter (lotion application pics)

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: April 04, 2012, 11:21:38 AM »
What will he do?  Make it look like he is banging his own daughter (lotion application pics)

...that and Rent-A-Center commercials...

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: April 04, 2012, 11:21:54 AM »
BROTHER!!!

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: April 04, 2012, 11:40:37 AM »
Strange.  The link I posted there to the youtube match of Shawn and Hulk disappeared.

littleguns

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: April 04, 2012, 04:27:33 PM »

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
« Reply #14 on: April 04, 2012, 06:42:42 PM »
I enjoyed the show.

the bruises and welts on takers back after a billion chair shots from HHH was crazy
Flower Boy Ran Away