Author Topic: Marriage Minded Gays 1. Fundie Christian Court Clerks 0.  (Read 34779 times)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Re: Marriage Minded Gays 1. Fundie Christian Court Clerks 0.
« Reply #450 on: September 08, 2015, 01:11:16 PM »
The judge ordered her released.  That's good news.

Now if she interferes with the law again, it will be criminal contempt. 

The problem will be once she actually sits down and talks to FOX News and they realize she's a hillbilly democrat who cherry picks which parts of marriage she respects. 

"So, you were fccking hubby #3 while married to hubby #1 and got pregnant, and you also voted obama, and ran a democrat, that's very nice".

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #451 on: September 08, 2015, 01:15:38 PM »
Huckabee awkwardly walking behind her out of the courthouse.

He's officially Al Sharpton for the anti-gay, anti-constitution crowd.  

And I dont like Al Sharpton, because his goal for the USA is a very ugly one.

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #452 on: September 08, 2015, 01:35:29 PM »
Huckabee awkwardly walking behind her out of the courthouse.

He's officially Al Sharpton for the anti-gay, anti-constitution crowd.  

And I dont like Al Sharpton, because his goal for the USA is a very ugly one.

Offering himself up as a sacrifice, outmartyring the martyr. Knowing they won't jail him, that's some self-serving political BS right there.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #453 on: September 08, 2015, 02:27:02 PM »
1) Debatable. They vacillated a bit, but many were Deists (or Christian Deists), who accepted Jesus's moral teachings, but not his divinity (see Jeffersonian Bible). All were science-minded skeptics - before Evolution - so they left room for a creator. But not a hands-on, personal God.

Thomas Paine's Age of Reason, various quotes from Adams, Madison, and latter-day Franklin, all very critical of Christianity.

2) 80-90%, fine, but 1.6 billion Muslims worldwide (90%-plus in Muslim countries); 1 billion Hindus (93% of Southern Africa, 70%-plus in South Asia); 500 million Buddhists (90%-plus in Thailand/Cambodia).

Point being, if numbers make it true, are they all right? And in America, specifically, you really wanna align yourself with the 80-90%, when only 35% have a college education?

Then there's the science: 46% of Americans believe in creation, which suggests a similar percentage believes in young earth (<10k years). So do we listen to them, or the 99.9% of scientists who believe in evolution? And is truth determined by percentage or total number? If it's percentage, is that based on total population or just the educated folk?

3) Divorce, who says immoral? Bible, pal:

Luke 16:18, 1 Corinthians 7:10-11, 1 Corinthians 7:15, Matthew 5:32, Matthew 19:6, Matthew 19:9, Romans 7:2, Mark 10:12, 1 John 2:3-4, Matthew 19:8, Matthew 19:3-9, 1 Corinthians 7:1-40, 1 Corinthians 7:10-17, Deuteronomy 24:1-22, 1 Corinthians 7:10, Genesis 2:24, Matthew 5:31-32, Hebrews 13:4, Matthew 19:4-6, Malachi 2:16, Exodus 14:14, 1 Peter 3:1, 1 Corinthians 7:11, Mark 10:11, Proverbs 18:1-24, Romans 7:3, Matthew 19:8-9, Malachi 2:14-16, Matthew 19:3-12, Jeremiah 3:8, Proverbs 24:14, 1 Timothy 3:2, Mark 10:11-12, Isaiah 54:4, Mark 10:4, Mark 10:1-12, Jeremiah 3:1, Mark 10:2-12, Deuteronomy 24: 1-4, Matthew 12:25, Matthew 19:3, Matthew 19:1-30, Numbere 30:9, Ephesians 5:1-33, 1 Corinthians 7:39, Matthew 19:1-12, Titus 1:6, 1 Corinthians 7:8-9, Jeremiah 33:3, Proverbs 21:19, 1 Corinthians 7:27-28, Matthew 19:9-10, Matthew 6:1-34, Matthew 5:27-28, Matthew 5:31, Matthew 1:18-20, Isaiah 50:1, Ezra 10:1-16, Exodus 21:7-11, James 2:20-24, Mark 10:2, Malachi 2:15, 1 Timothy 4:1-3, Deuteronomy 24:1-3, Romans 7:4, Nehemiah 13:23-30.

So, yeah, not much, but when you multiply it by three for Ms. Davis ...

Homosexuality, on the other hand, only mentioned seven times. Irony?

Not much of a debate.  I've read and studied enough history to know that they believed in God.

Aside from joking, the only real point to mentioning percentages is how crazy it makes people sound when they call those who believe in a higher power crazy. 

I doubt you have read all of the verses you just cut and pasted.  But assuming you did, which ones have told you that this particular woman committed some immoral act by getting divorced and remarried repeatedly? 

No, the fact homosexuality is "only" mentioned seven times (assuming that is true) is not ironic.  Is there some quota?  How many times is gluttony mentioned?  Or abusing kids?  Or abusing the elderly? 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #454 on: September 08, 2015, 02:34:05 PM »
Kentucky Clerk Kim Davis Released From Jail
Tuesday, 08 Sep 2015

Kim Davis, the Kentucky county clerk who refused to issue same-sex marriage licenses, walked out of jail on Tuesday after the U.S. district court judge who found her in contempt said he was satisfied licenses were being issued in accordance with a U.S. Supreme Court decision.

U.S. District Judge David Bunning ordered her release after six days in jail, saying she "shall not interfere in any way, directly or indirectly, with the efforts of her deputy clerks to issue marriage licenses to all legally eligible couples."

If she tries to interfere, "that will be considered a violation of this Order and appropriate sanctions will be considered," Bunning said.

Davis was greeted by over one thousand singing and shouting supporters. "I just want to give God his glory," an emotional Davis said in brief remarks to supporters after being released from jail.

"She will do her job good and she will serve the people as they want her to serve. She will also be loyal to God and she is not going to violate her conscience," her lawyer, Mathew Staver, said, with his arm around Davis. She was also flanked by Republic presidential candidate Mike Huckabee.

Staver, the founder of Christian religious advocacy group Liberty Counsel, said Davis would continue to ask for an accommodation to remove her name and her authority from the marriage certificates.

Huckabee called her a "brave lady" for her willingness to go to jail for what she believed.

Another Republican president hopeful, Ted Cruz, was seen entering and leaving the Carter County Detention Center.

State Representative David Hale, a Davis supporter who was in the crowd, said he will push for legislation to take marriage licenses out of the hands of county clerks and move it to the Office of Vital Statistics.

Not everyone in the crowd was a Davis supporter.

"I am only OK with it if she agrees to do her job," said Beth Baker, of Grayson.

As an Apostolic Christian, Davis says she believes a marriage can only be between a man and a woman. She has refused to issue any marriage licenses since the U.S. Supreme Court in June made same-sex marriages legal across the United States.

While she was jailed, the county's deputy clerks issued marriage licenses to several same-sex couples.

Davis, who is 9 days shy of her 50th birthday, was ordered into custody by Bunning on Sept. 3 after continuing to defy his order to issue the licenses in accordance with the law.

Bunning secured the assurances of five of six deputy clerks who stated under oath that they would comply with the court's orders and issue licenses to all legally eligible couples.

The deputies will need to file status reports every fourteen days to prove they are in compliance, the order said.

Davis, a Democrat, was elected to her position in November 2014 after 27 years as deputy clerk of Rowan County. She took over the office from her mother, who served for 37 years. Her son Nathan, a deputy clerk, was the only one not to pledge compliance with the judge's orders.

Her faith became central to her life in the last four years, following the death of her mother-in-law, she said in a statement issued last week through her legal representatives, Liberty Counsel.

Grayson, a town in northeastern Kentucky, canceled school out of concern over increased traffic coinciding with dismissal time.

http://www.newsmax.com/Newsfront/US-Gay-Marriage-Kentucky-The-Latest/2015/09/08/id/678585/#ixzz3lBXbh7Dx

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #455 on: September 08, 2015, 02:54:07 PM »
LOL @ the "iconic" images of this obese unfaithful democrat embracing the leech huckabee, ready to go home to hubby #4 after telling us about the sanctity of marriage.

Repubs are so deperate for a hero.

Joe the Plumber, Palin, zimmerman, trump, now this Davis person.   Where have all the reagans gone?

Dos Equis

• Getbig V

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #457 on: September 08, 2015, 03:34:07 PM »
LOL @ the "iconic" images of this obese unfaithful democrat embracing the leech huckabee, ready to go home to hubby #4 after telling us about the sanctity of marriage.

Joe the Plumber, Palin, zimmerman, trump, now this Davis person.   Where have all the reagans gone?

I thought divorce was against the bible? Yet, she has been married multiple times and I believe had a child out of wedlock.

Talk about your typical religious hypocrisy.  :D :D
X

TuHolmes

• Getbig V
  • Darkness is fated to eventually be destroyed...
« Reply #458 on: September 08, 2015, 03:53:16 PM »
Will be interesting to see if she actually does not interfere.

She has said she will. So if she is now saying she will not, then that will be interesting.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #459 on: September 08, 2015, 04:06:28 PM »
I thought divorce was against the bible? Yet, she has been married multiple times and I believe had a child out of wedlock.

Talk about your typical religious hypocrisy.  :D :D

thats the weird part.  its not like she is this perfect example of a perfect marriage.  she got knocked up by hubby #3 while married to hubby #1.  Married FOUR times. 

and this press conference... WHEW...

It'll be interesting to see more examples of this happening now... When a Muslim DMV employee refuses to give a woman a DRIVERS licence because he doesn't think they should drive?  When a white woman won't issue a car registration to a black man beacuse she doesn't think he should own property?   When a bus driver decides "whites only" is appropriate, and just practices his "constitutional right" to refuse certain people. 

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #460 on: September 08, 2015, 04:06:52 PM »
Pic sorta summarizes what Republicans have become. Guess I'm going Trump after all.

Sorry, Rob.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #461 on: September 08, 2015, 04:10:27 PM »
LOL i love ted cruz, but between machine-gun cooked bacon he eats with a fork, and this pic lol...

Ugh.  Where have all the republican heroes gone?

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
« Reply #462 on: September 08, 2015, 04:48:39 PM »

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #463 on: September 08, 2015, 04:54:45 PM »

Troll.

Reagan WAS a very-liberal person, yes.

He magically "evolved" when he wanted to become president.

As president, he ACTED like a dem- tripling size of govt, doubling national debt, letting 4 million illegals stay, the list goes on and on.

reagan was a conservative for just as long as it took to get elected.  Just like Trump is ;)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #464 on: September 08, 2015, 07:11:06 PM »
well, as far as republican heroic standards go, Reagan is the #1 option, almost always.

The fox-news-stained version of history doesn't reveal reagan for the liberal that he was.  And most repubs are too stupid or in denial to look it up.

I feel bad that you looked up those quotes to win some sort of argument... if anything, you just proved the inept nature of repub supporters these days.  They worship the liberal reagan just like they worship the liberal trump.  Enjoy a democrat in office, but hey, he'll be "great" at whatever policy he chooses once elected.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #465 on: September 08, 2015, 08:35:42 PM »
well, as far as republican heroic standards go, Reagan is the #1 option, almost always.

The fox-news-stained version of history doesn't reveal reagan for the liberal that he was.  And most repubs are too stupid or in denial to look it up.

I feel bad that you looked up those quotes to win some sort of argument... if anything, you just proved the inept nature of repub supporters these days.  They worship the liberal reagan just like they worship the liberal trump.  Enjoy a democrat in office, but hey, he'll be "great" at whatever policy he chooses once elected.

You should feel bad for being a dishonest troll.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #466 on: September 08, 2015, 08:56:27 PM »
You should feel bad for being a dishonest troll.

I'm correct about many repubs these days.   Loving on trump while not even caring his position on the issues.

And yes, reagan was liberal in many ways.

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #467 on: September 08, 2015, 09:06:23 PM »
I'm correct about many repubs these days.   Loving on trump while not even caring his position on the issues.

And yes, reagan was liberal in many ways.

It's obvious you're passionately trying to discredit Trump, get Rs to withhold support, but have you made a case for anyone else?

Genuinely curious, I really don't know.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #468 on: September 08, 2015, 09:57:28 PM »
It's obvious you're passionately trying to discredit Trump, get Rs to withhold support, but have you made a case for anyone else?

Genuinely curious, I really don't know.

I think Cruz would do the best job, once he's in office.   

I dislike his desperate attempt at pandering in the last few weeks - I think he THOUGHT he'd remain that #2 option to Trump (which Carson has suddenly become), and that the grown-up voters would wise up once they realized the horse's ass Trump could actually win. 

Now that Carson is stealing that conservative option spot (despite Cruz being the #1 GOA endorsed and Carson being anti gun), I think Cruz is getting a little nervous.  Hence him showing up to Kim davis and getting blocked from speaking by hucks' bodyguard.  Worse than al sharpton... flying all that way to get blocked from speaking.

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
« Reply #469 on: September 09, 2015, 06:38:32 AM »
Cruz is being exposed as nothing but a bunch of hot air.   He is nothing but a wimp trying to posture his way into people supporting him.  He isn't the bad boy that he has tried so hard to make people think he is.  Trump neutered him right off the bat.  

Can you imagine the reaction from Trump if that Huck staffer tried to block his way at the Davis event?   Cruz?   Rolled over and slunk off.

Victor VonDoom

• Getbig IV
  • ...and Doom shall control the world!
« Reply #470 on: September 09, 2015, 07:00:50 AM »
Bah!

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
« Reply #471 on: September 09, 2015, 11:47:55 AM »
At her press conference, she came out hands in the air staring at the sky and stating "I want to give God the glory".

What glory?  For you getting locked up or for marriage licenses being issued?  Sounds like the "glory" involved here isn't something she liked either way.

chadstallion

• Getbig IV
« Reply #472 on: September 09, 2015, 11:54:29 AM »
At her press conference, she came out hands in the air staring at the sky and stating "I want to give God the glory".

What glory?  For you getting locked up or for marriage licenses being issued?  Sounds like the "glory" involved here isn't something she liked either way.
example of giving religion a bad name.
w

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #473 on: September 09, 2015, 11:56:20 AM »
If a god exists I'm certain it wouldn't give one iota about Kim Davis or any glory from that debacle she has created

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #474 on: September 09, 2015, 12:08:21 PM »
Kentucky clerk battle fuels debate over religious accommodation laws
Published September 09, 2015
FoxNews.com

The battle over Kentucky clerk Kim Davis' refusal to issue gay marriage licenses is beginning to raise the issue in statehouses as to whether lawmakers should enshrine religious accommodations for public officials -- with some warning that failure to do so will only lead to further standoffs.

Some point to states like North Carolina, which earlier this year passed a law allowing court officials to refuse to perform gay marriage responsibilities because of their religious beliefs -- while letting other officials step in for them, so eligible couples can still get their licenses.

At least one bill has been pre-filed for the 2016 session in Kentucky that would protect county clerks who refuse to issue marriage licenses on religious grounds.

But that session begins in January, and Kentucky Gov. Steve Beshear has said he sees "no need" to spend extra state resources on a special session before then when most county clerks "are doing their jobs."

Davis and her attorney nevertheless renewed their call Tuesday for state action, as she was released from a local jail after five days.

Attorney Mat Staver said his client wants an "accommodation" allowing for her name to be removed from marriage certificates for gay couples.

"Kim still is asking for that today," he said, adding that the courts, the legislature and the governor could act on this.

Unclear is whether Davis, barring such a change in the law, will violate the federal judge's order that freed her on Tuesday.

In that order, U.S. District Judge David Bunning, the same judge who initially jailed the Rowan County clerk last week on a contempt of court charge, said the court is "satisfied" that the clerk's office has since issued marriage licenses "to all legally eligible couples" -- those licenses have been handled by Davis' deputy clerks.

At the same time, Bunning directed Davis not to "interfere in any way" with the marriage licenses now being issued by her office.

"If Defendant Davis should interfere in any way with their issuance, that will be considered a violation of this Order and appropriate sanctions will be considered," he said in the order.

Her legal counsel did not say whether Davis had any intention to defy the courts.

Rather, Staver said: "She loves God, she loves people, she loves her work -- and she will not betray any of those three." He said Davis will not violate her "conscience," and said the court order "did not resolve the underlying issue."

Some Republican presidential candidates agreed that lawmakers, at the state and federal level, should step in to craft an accommodation for clerks like Davis.

Former Pennsylvania Sen. Rick Santorum told Fox News that "there should be some accommodation made for people of faith. I mean, this is a very serious religious matter."

He specifically called for passage of a bill called the First Amendment Defense Act, or a similar executive order. That proposal would specifically bar the federal government from taking "discriminatory action" against someone acting on their religious objections to gay marriage. Santorum said states, in addition to the federal government, should pass similar legislation.

"This isn't going to be the only time we run into this situation," Santorum said.

Retired neurosurgeon Ben Carson also told Fox News that "Congress now has a responsibility to step up to the plate and enact legislation that will protect the First Amendment rights of all Americans."

Few states have actually passed such accommodation laws, as gay marriage has only been the law of the land since June.

Among the first to act was North Carolina, where the legislature overrode Republican Gov. Pat McCrory's veto over the summer on the bill. The law says court officials who disclose a "sincerely held religious objection" must stop performing marriage duties for both gay and heterosexual couples for at least six months. The chief District Court judge or the county register of deeds -- both elected officials -- would fill in on marriages if needed.

Before North Carolina, only Utah had passed such a similar exemption, earlier this year.

Ryan T. Anderson, a senior research fellow with the Heritage Foundation, has pointed to the North Carolina law as an example that other states could follow.

He wrote in The New York Times that it both accommodates religious beliefs of court officials while making clear that eligible couples cannot be denied a license. "Perhaps a similar solution could be found in Kentucky, by removing an individual clerk's name and title from a marriage license," he wrote.

In a Sept. 3 statement, Gov. Beshear, a Democrat, urged all sides to wait until the next session.

"The General Assembly will convene in just four months and can make any statutory changes it deems necessary at that time," he said.

The governor also told reporters Tuesday that he's "glad" for Bunning's latest order and if the legislature wants to "change the process" for marriage licenses, "they're certainly free to do so" in January.

The Associated Press contributed to this report.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2015/09/09/kentucky-clerk-battle-fuels-debate-religious-accommodation-laws/