Author Topic: Marriage Minded Gays 1. Fundie Christian Court Clerks 0.  (Read 34778 times)

TuHolmes

• Getbig V
  • Darkness is fated to eventually be destroyed...

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
Re: Marriage Minded Gays 1. Fundie Christian Court Clerks 0.
« Reply #501 on: September 09, 2015, 05:03:36 PM »
We need to start a betting pool in regards to how long before this hick is back in jail again.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #502 on: September 09, 2015, 05:38:43 PM »
Well, it is your go to answer for everything.

Oh you got me.  Good work Columbo. 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #503 on: September 09, 2015, 05:43:27 PM »
If you say so. 

Can I have "What people say when they don't have a clue how to respond" for $1000, Alex?

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #504 on: September 09, 2015, 05:44:27 PM »
Can I have "What people say when they don't have a clue how to respond" for $1000, Alex?

No, but you can have trolling for dollars for $500. 

TuHolmes

• Getbig V
« Reply #505 on: September 09, 2015, 05:57:59 PM »
We need to start a betting pool in regards to how long before this hick is back in jail again.

Do we have a definitive date on when she goes back to her office?

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
« Reply #506 on: September 09, 2015, 06:08:13 PM »
Do we have a definitive date on when she goes back to her office?

It will be soon most likely.  She is not going to resign.  In light of that, she has only has two options.  1) Allow the licenses to be issued or 2) Interfere with the licenses being issued.

If she allows the license to be issued then she is going to hell.  If not, then jail.

Hell
Jail
Unemployment

I think we can agree that she will rule two of those out.

TuHolmes

• Getbig V
« Reply #507 on: September 09, 2015, 06:09:12 PM »
It will be soon most likely.  She is not going to resign.  In light of that, she has only has two options.  1) Allow the licenses to be issued or 2) Interfere with the licenses being issued.

If she allows the license to be issued then she is going to hell.  If not, then jail.

Hell
Jail
Unemployment

I think we can agree that she will rule two of those out.

It's so exciting.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #508 on: September 09, 2015, 07:35:38 PM »
No, but you can have trolling for dollars for $500. 

I think they took the odd-dollars out of things on Jeopardy back around the time you were voting Bill Clinton.

400, 800, 1200, 1600, 2000 are the new numbers in Double round?   $500 is not a number we'd expect to see. 

George Whorewell

• Getbig V
  • TND
« Reply #509 on: September 09, 2015, 08:54:30 PM »
I've honestly lost interest in this topic. However,  I am intrigued to find out if  the county clerks in say, Dearborne Michigan and other Islamic outposts in North America are going to be subject to the same treatment as Kim Davis and her ilk.

I can't wait for the first CNN news anchor to plow into an Islamic bakery in Dearborne and demand that the owner bake a  cake for a gay wedding. 

I wonder if all this feigned outrage will be directed at the Muslim pizzeria owner in Bloomington Illinois who refuses to cater a gay wedding.

And you see-- there wont be any investigative journalism or heavy handed court decisions to compel those people to do anything-- regardless of what the Supreme Court says. The left is predicated upon phony courage without consequence. Gay rights is a civil rights issue where the opposing side is open to non-violent dialogue.  The left is damn lucky that most red blooded christian Americans will openly debate their position and  stand behind their principles without becoming violent. If the worst of the bunch is Kim Davis engaging in civil disobedience, who gives a shit?

The first time one of these liberal panzie news outlets take a stand against an openly hostile group of people, hell will freeze over. And so they won't-- because they are cowards. Better keep piling on Kim Davis!

Christians will continue to be be persecuted for their beliefs while Muslims run amok. Perhaps if Christians began circumcising their female children and blowing up subway stations, the leftist establishment media would consider them a "disenfranchised" group and treat them with the same kids gloves. 

TuHolmes

• Getbig V
« Reply #510 on: September 09, 2015, 08:58:57 PM »
I've honestly lost interest in this topic. However,  I am intrigued to find out if  the county clerks in say, Dearborne Michigan and other Islamic outposts in North America are going to be subject to the same treatment as Kim Davis and her ilk.

They better. It is the law of the land.

I don't give a shit why your religion says.

George Whorewell

• Getbig V
  • TND
« Reply #511 on: September 09, 2015, 09:02:39 PM »
They better. It is the law of the land.

I don't give a shit why your religion says.

I appreciate your thoughts homey. Let's pay close attention to how that situation plays out. Spoiler alert: The queer brigade is not marching into Dearborne and demanding that devout Muslims celebrate/cater a lesbian wedding. Trust me. It will never ever happen. Doing so, would take guts and courage-- attributes that liberals generally consider too "macho" and misogynistic.

TuHolmes

• Getbig V
« Reply #512 on: September 09, 2015, 09:12:02 PM »
I appreciate your thoughts homey. Let's pay close attention to how that situation plays out. Spoiler alert: The queer brigade is not marching into Dearborne and demanding that devout Muslims celebrate/cater a lesbian wedding. Trust me. It will never ever happen. Doing so, would take guts and courage-- attributes that liberals generally consider too "macho" and misogynistic.

That's true, it's probably because gay people don't live in Dearborne, but let's be clear, there is no excuse.

Let's be clear, if this shit comes to pass and they do not tell the Muslims to go fuck themselves, then they are absolute pussies and shouldn't be allowed to call themselves Americans.

George Whorewell

• Getbig V
  • TND
« Reply #513 on: September 09, 2015, 09:21:16 PM »
That's true, it's probably because gay people don't live in Dearborne, but let's be clear, there is no excuse.

Let's be clear, if this shit comes to pass and they do not tell the Muslims to go fuck themselves, then they are absolute pussies and shouldn't be allowed to call themselves Americans.

Amen to that. But deep down, you know I'm right. Think about it. How many gays are in rural Kentucky, or that middle of nowhere town with the christian pizzeria owners that CNN decided to stalk.

The left just wants to go after easy targets. They need easy scapegoats that can be marginalized mocked or ignored. As a general matter, I don't think highly of Muslims. But I will tell you this, they say what they mean and they mean what they say. Violence is like a bodily function  demanded from god  to those people. The left knows that poking a gay stick in the Muslim communities eye will result in a seismic and probably bloody backlash.

Maybe not Jim Crow- turning the fire hoses on-- but certainly some honor killings, kidnappings, beheadings, vicious assaults etc. You think the queer agenda has the chops to buck up to that sort of resistance? I think not. In all likelihood, they would run for the hills and have those evil homophobic Christians fight the battle for them.

TuHolmes

• Getbig V
« Reply #514 on: September 09, 2015, 10:05:31 PM »
Amen to that. But deep down, you know I'm right. Think about it. How many gays are in rural Kentucky, or that middle of nowhere town with the christian pizzeria owners that CNN decided to stalk.

The left just wants to go after easy targets. They need easy scapegoats that can be marginalized mocked or ignored. As a general matter, I don't think highly of Muslims. But I will tell you this, they say what they mean and they mean what they say. Violence is like a bodily function  demanded from god  to those people. The left knows that poking a gay stick in the Muslim communities eye will result in a seismic and probably bloody backlash.

Maybe not Jim Crow- turning the fire hoses on-- but certainly some honor killings, kidnappings, beheadings, vicious assaults etc. You think the queer agenda has the chops to buck up to that sort of resistance? I think not. In all likelihood, they would run for the hills and have those evil homophobic Christians fight the battle for them.

I will say that I hope you are wrong, I do fear you are correct.

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #515 on: September 10, 2015, 12:25:47 AM »

This is also true. Well said.

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #516 on: September 10, 2015, 09:14:20 AM »

I would be surprised if it mattered to a person who was doing the discriminating. I don't think the average gay couple seriously think that the Muslim store owner is going to kill them if they speak out. Maybe in another country, but unlikely here.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #517 on: September 10, 2015, 10:27:16 AM »

I can't wait for the first CNN news anchor to plow into an Islamic bakery in Dearborne and demand that the owner bake a  cake for a gay wedding. 

I wonder if all this feigned outrage will be directed at the Muslim pizzeria owner in Bloomington Illinois who refuses to cater a gay wedding.

And you see-- there wont be any investigative journalism or heavy handed court decisions to compel those people to do anything-- regardless of what the Supreme Court says. The left is predicated upon phony courage without consequence. Gay rights is a civil rights issue where the opposing side is open to non-violent dialogue.  The left is damn lucky that most red blooded christian Americans will openly debate their position and  stand behind their principles without becoming violent. If the worst of the bunch is Kim Davis engaging in civil disobedience, who gives a shit?

The first time one of these liberal panzie news outlets take a stand against an openly hostile group of people, hell will freeze over. And so they won't-- because they are cowards. Better keep piling on Kim Davis!

Christians will continue to be be persecuted for their beliefs while Muslims run amok. Perhaps if Christians began circumcising their female children and blowing up subway stations, the leftist establishment media would consider them a "disenfranchised" group and treat them with the same kids gloves. 

Good points.  It is crazy how some liberals can be anti-Christian and pro-Muslim, especially those concerned about homosexual rights. 

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
« Reply #518 on: September 10, 2015, 11:25:52 AM »

Dude, you obviously haven't seen two fags wearing the same outfit on Friday night bump into each other.

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #519 on: September 10, 2015, 12:16:34 PM »
Good points.  It is crazy how some liberals can be anti-Christian and pro-Muslim, especially those concerned about homosexual rights. 

Baffling, yes. Conflicting ideals, but not offending "the other" ultimately trumps true liberalism.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #520 on: September 10, 2015, 04:42:15 PM »
Good summary of the issues.  He also makes a good point about how other elected officials refused to enforce the law on this same subject. 

Kim Davis, ‘Lawless’ in Kentucky
Rowan County, Ky., clerk Kim Davis (Ty Wright/Getty)
by John C. Eastman
September 8, 2015

When the Supreme Court oversteps its bounds, citizens are right to resist. Until her release earlier today, Kim Davis, the clerk of rural Rowan County, Kentucky, was confined to a jail cell because she refused to issue marriage licenses over her name to same-sex couples. She has been pilloried in the media for “lawlessness” and compared not to Martin Luther King Jr. for her civil disobedience but to Governor George Wallace of Alabama. Michael Keegen of the grossly misnamed People for the American Way called her actions an “abuse of power” and proposed instead that she should “find another line of work” — that is, resign her elected office — if she “can’t in good conscience fulfill [her] duties.”

The double standard on display is palpable. I don’t recall Keegen or any of the other self-righteous, newfound devotees of the rule of law calling for the resignation of Kentucky’s attorney general when he refused to defend his state’s marriage law — or any of the other state attorneys general who did the same, from California’s Jerry Brown to Pennsylvania’s Kathleen Kane, and several others, including perhaps most notoriously Oregon’s Ellen Rosenblum, who was caught actively colluding with plaintiffs to ensure judicial invalidation of the Oregon marriage law she disliked.

“But Davis was refusing to comply with a decision of the Supreme Court,” it will be argued. So, too, did all those illustrious attorneys general. All of them refused to do their duty and defend their state’s man-woman marriage laws, even though the binding precedent of the Supreme Court at that time, a 1972 case called Baker v. Nelson, was that such laws were constitutionally valid.

Ms. Davis’s position has also been mischaracterized as asserting that because the Supreme Court’s decision is contrary to God’s authority, she cannot be compelled to comply with it and therefore can prevent same-sex couples from getting married in her county. Her position — so described — has been belittled by simpletons across the political spectrum as nothing more than the misguided stance of a crazy evangelical clinging to her Bible. But that is not her legal argument at all (however much merit it might have as a reaction to an illegitimate decision by the Supreme Court). Her actual argument is much more restrained.

Kentucky has a Religious Freedom Restoration Act, which expressly prevents the government from imposing a substantial burden on someone’s religious beliefs unless the government’s mandate is narrowly tailored to further a compelling governmental interest. Because this lawsuit is pending in federal court, the federal Religious Freedom Restoration Act, which contains the same protection, is also applicable. Ms. Davis’s lawyers have simply argued that these federal and state laws require that her religious objection to issuing same-sex “marriage” licenses over her own name be accommodated.

There is no compelling interest here. Even assuming the validity of the Supreme Court’s decision holding that right to same-sex “marriage” is a fundamental right, no one is being denied the right to marry. As a matter of Kentucky law, the couples seeking to compel Ms. Davis herself to issue them a marriage license can obtain a marriage license from any other county in Kentucky. They can also get one from the county executive of Rowan County. And if the governor would simply call the legislature into special session to deal with the problem that has arisen since the Supreme Court’s decision in June, it would likely even be possible for other clerks in Ms. Davis’s office to issue a marriage license without its being issued on Ms. Davis’s authority (the legislature could simply remove the problematic “under [her] authority” language from the statewide uniform form), or for marriage licenses to be obtained via a statewide online system.

But none of those options would accomplish what the same-sex couple and its chorus of advocates are really after, which is not the “marriage” but forcing Ms. Davis and everyone like her to bow to the new, unholy orthodoxy. In other words, this controversy has all the hallmarks of the one that engulfed Thomas More, who silently acquiesced in but would not condone King Henry VIII’s illicit marriage.

The Religious Freedom Restoration Acts, both the federal law and Kentucky’s version of it, required that Ms. Davis’s religious objection be accommodated as a matter of law. The federal court’s refusal to respect those laws is where the real lawlessness lies in this case. And of course, that lawlessness is quite apart from the not insignificant question of whether the Supreme Court’s Obergefell decision is itself lawless. Such claims did not originate with Ms. Davis, but with the four Supreme Court Justices who stridently dissented from Justice Kennedy’s diktat, calling it “illegitima[te],” “indefensible,” “dangerous for the rule of law,” “demeaning to the democratic process,” “a naked judicial claim to legislative — indeed, super-legislative — power,” “pretentious,” “egotistic,” a “judicial Putsch,” “deeply misguided,” a “usurp[ation of] the constitutional right of the people,” a “perhaps irremediable corruption of our legal culture’s conception of constitutional interpretation,” and an “extravagant conception of judicial supremacy.” The federal court’s refusal to respect religious-freedom laws is where the real lawlessness lies in this case.

That latter point is important to put to rest the other charge that has been leveled against Ms. Davis, namely, that she is violating her oath of office by not upholding the law she swore to uphold. The Constitution requires that all officials, both federal and state, take an oath to “support this Constitution,” and the Constitution itself provides that “this Constitution, and the Laws of the United States which shall be made in Pursuance thereof . . . shall be the supreme Law of the Land.” Neither the oath clause nor the supremacy clause requires fealty to an erroneous decision of the Supreme Court that is contrary to the Constitution itself. That is not constitutionalism, or the rule of law, but the rule of judges; a claim that although the Constitution is the supreme law of the land, the Constitution is whatever the judges say it is, even if what they say is a patently erroneous interpretation of the Constitution.

Reacting to a similar piece of judicial tyranny in the Dred Scott case, Abraham Lincoln famously said, in his first inaugural address, that although judicial decisions are binding on the specific parties to a case, “the candid citizen must confess that if the policy of the Government upon vital questions affecting the whole people is to be irrevocably fixed by decisions of the Supreme Court, the instant they are made in ordinary litigation between parties in personal actions, the people will have ceased to be their own rulers, having to that extent practically resigned their Government into the hands of that eminent tribunal.”

In short, Ms. Davis was much more faithful to her oath of office, and to the Constitution she vowed to support, than the federal judge who jailed her for contempt, the attorney general of the state who refused to defend Kentucky’s laws, and Justice Anthony Kennedy, who usurped the authority of the states and the more than 50 million voters who had recently reaffirmed the natural definition of marriage, in order to impose his own more “enlightened” views on the nation. One can only hope that Ms. Davis’s simple but determined act of civil disobedience will yet ignite the kind of reaction in the American people that is necessary to oppose such lawlessness, or at the very least bring forth a national leader who will take up the argument against judicial supremacy in truly Lincolnian fashion.

— John C. Eastman is the Henry Salvatori Professor of Law and Community Service, and former dean, at Chapman University’s Dale E. Fowler School of Law. He is also the founding director of the Claremont Institute’s Center for Constitutional Jurisprudence and chairman of the board of the National Organization for Marriage.

http://www.nationalreview.com/article/423709/kim-davis-constitutional

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
« Reply #521 on: September 14, 2015, 09:21:19 AM »
She folded.  God is so disappointed in her.

http://news.yahoo.com/kentucky-clerk-jailed-over-gay-marriage-return-085806509.html#

Clerk Kim Davis returned to work Monday for the first time since being jailed for disobeying a federal judge and said she was faced with a "seemingly impossible choice" between following her conscience and losing her freedom over denying marriage licenses to gay couples.
Related Stories

With her voice shaking, she said she decided not to interfere with deputy clerks who will continue to hand out the marriage licenses in Rowan County, but Davis declared they would not be authorized by her and she questioned their validity.

In her first day back after a five-day stint in jail, Davis said she was torn between obeying God and a directive from the judge that "forces me to disobey God." Davis, an Apostolic Christian, believes gay marriage is a sin.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #522 on: September 14, 2015, 10:01:27 AM »
Ky. Clerk Will Issue, Not Authorize, Marriage Licenses

Image: Ky. Clerk Will Issue, Not Authorize, Marriage Licenses (Getty Images)
Monday, 14 Sep 2015

The county clerk from Kentucky who was jailed after refusing to issue marriage licenses to gay couples said Monday she will not authorize the licenses now that she has returned to work, but she will not block her deputies from issuing them.

Rowan County Clerk Kim Davis, 49, who has said her beliefs as an Apostolic Christian prevent her from issuing marriage licenses to same-sex couples, has been under the threat of returning to jail if she interfered in the issuance of licenses.

Davis said she doubted the validity of the licenses that are set to be issued, which she said would state that they are being issued under U.S. District Judge David Bunning's order.

Davis, who returned to work on Monday, told a news conference any marriage licenses issued would not carry her name, title or her personal authorization. She added she would take no action against deputy clerks who issue licenses, although she does not believe they have the authority to do so.

"I'm here before you this morning with a seemingly impossible choice that I do not wish on any of my fellow Americans: my conscience or my freedom," Davis said.

A pack of reporters crowded into the clerk's office on Monday morning, where there were no applicants for marriage licences. Davis' supporters rallied outside, saying gay marriage is a sin.

The issuance of marriage licenses to same-sex couples in Kentucky and other states has become the latest focal point in the long-running debate over gay marriage, which became legal nationwide following a U.S. Supreme Court decision in June.

Her supporters see her as being persecuted for her religious beliefs while her opponents say she is abdicating her duties as a public servant by trying to ban gay marriage which is now the law of the land.

Shortly after the U.S. Supreme Court ruling, Davis announced an office policy that no marriage licenses would be issued. Gay couples who were denied licenses challenged her policy.

U.S. District Judge David Bunning ordered Davis jailed for contempt on Sept. 3 for refusing to comply with his order to issue licenses in line with the Supreme Court ruling. He ordered her released five days later when the licenses were being issued by deputy clerks.

In his release order, Bunning warned Davis there would be consequences if she interfered with the issuance of marriage licenses, directly or indirectly, when she returned to work.

Davis left the jail last Tuesday to a roaring crowd of supporters, who launched rallies after her release demanding the firing of deputy clerks who provide marriage licenses without her permission.

On Friday, Davis asked the Sixth Circuit U.S. Court of Appeals to allow her to continue banning marriage licenses for her entire office until a lawsuit against her is decided. Her attorneys argued that Bunning's initial order had only covered couples who were suing her.

Liberty Counsel spokeswoman Charla Bansley said on Monday they would continue to pursue appeals for Davis.

Davis has asked Kentucky Governor Steve Beshear, a Democrat, state lawmakers and Bunning to accommodate her beliefs.

"I don't want to have this conflict. I don't want to be in the spotlight, and I certainly don't want to be a whipping post," said Davis, also a Democrat.

The Rowan County Rights Coalition has no objection to licenses being issued as Davis described, spokeswoman Mary Hargis said. Davis violated the civil rights of same-sex couples when she chose not to issue marriage licenses, she added.

"She has an excuse as a religious conviction, but when did religious conviction and religious freedom become a shield for bigotry?" Hargis said.

http://www.newsmax.com/US/Kentucky-Clerk-Kim-Davis-marriage-licenses/2015/09/14/id/691397/#ixzz3ljWTf6ai

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #523 on: September 14, 2015, 10:17:08 AM »
LOL @ Santorum

The supreme court/constitution is NOT the law of the land if it interferes with your beliefs in any way.

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #524 on: September 14, 2015, 10:51:34 AM »
LOL @ Santorum

The supreme court/constitution is NOT the law of the land if it interferes with your beliefs in any way.

Sounds like an argument for theocracy.