Author Topic: Starbucks - Says Anyone Can Now Sit In Its Cafes - Even Without Buying Anything  (Read 9195 times)

Palumboism

• Getbig IV
Starbucks Says Anyone Can Now Sit In Its Cafes -- Even Without Buying Anything

Dominique Mosbergen,HuffPost

Starbucks announced a new policy of inclusivity on Saturday that will permit anyone to sit in its cafes or use the stores’ restrooms, regardless of whether they’ve bought anything, The Associated Press reported.

The move comes weeks after one of the coffee chain’s stores in Philadelphia incited outrage for calling the police on two black men who had not made a purchase while they waited for a friend to arrive.

“We are committed to creating a culture of warmth and belonging where everyone is welcome,” the company said in a statement.

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/starbucks-says-anyone-now-sit-124222113.html

This is not going to end well.  Starbucks will become the new Greyhound Bus terminal

werewolf operative

tres_taco_combo

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
Starbucks Says Anyone Can Now Sit In Its Cafes -- Even Without Buying Anything

Dominique Mosbergen,HuffPost

Starbucks announced a new policy of inclusivity on Saturday that will permit anyone to sit in its cafes or use the stores’ restrooms, regardless of whether they’ve bought anything, The Associated Press reported.

The move comes weeks after one of the coffee chain’s stores in Philadelphia incited outrage for calling the police on two black men who had not made a purchase while they waited for a friend to arrive.

“We are committed to creating a culture of warmth and belonging where everyone is welcome,” the company said in a statement.

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/starbucks-says-anyone-now-sit-124222113.html

This is not going to end well.  Starbucks will become the new Greyhound Bus terminal

ppl have been doing it forever already - the inner city starbucks are sketch at times

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
I can see Starbucks in Philly being a hang out for the homeless and the street corner hoods. They will have to close down once paying customers stop coming.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
I have sat in many Starbucks without buying anything and never encountered any problems.
X

Palumboism

• Getbig IV
I have sat in many Starbucks without buying anything and never encountered any problems.

So have most people, but managers were able to have people removed if they chose to.

Palumboism

• Getbig IV
I can see Starbucks in Philly being a hang out for the homeless and the street corner hoods. They will have to close down once paying customers stop coming.

This!  It will cease being a cool place to hang out.  And it's the paying customers that will be leaving.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
So have most people, but managers were able to have people removed if they chose to.

Strange.

You would think they would have adopted a policy across all Starbucks in order to avoid confusion. I mean, you run into problems when certain people are asked to leave and others aren't. From a business perspective, it doesn't seem like a very good model to endorse.
X

cart@@n

• Getbig IV
Soon people will start to refuse leaving the cafe at closing time and they wont dare to kick the minorities out leading to the stores being taken.

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
  • KILL CENTRAL BANKS, BUY BITCOIN.

do you just sit there staring at people?

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
No one is going to go to Starbucks just to hang out. Some may in that area just to prove a point but that won't last very long since most of these type of people don't have much of an attention span.

TTfit

• Getbig III
I highly doubt much will change. Homeless and uneducated people won't even know about this new change as I doubt they pick up a newspaper or browse the internet to find out about such groundbreaking things.

Palumboism

• Getbig IV
I highly doubt much will change. Homeless and uneducated people won't even know about this new change as I doubt they pick up a newspaper or browse the internet to find out about such groundbreaking things.

When the cops are told to stand down in a city.  The criminals aren't given a memo.  They just observe the diminished police presence.

Notomorrow

• Getbig IV
Obviously many of you don't have the homeless problem we have here in La...Same homeless guy at Same Starbucks every day with...filthy bags...cans..papers...re fuses to shower in one of the MANY free homeless services facilities in La that offer cleanliness packages of deoderant, toothpaste etc available to Anyone...same guy takes up ENTIRE outside seating at upscale Starbucks...for HOURS AND HOURS every day...filthy shit strewn everywhere...Other homeless have started joining him..of course no one buying anything...

Sorry to politically correct people..I know the liberal fantasy......most homeless are laid off Engineers and Programmers dealt a nasty blow by economy....never drink alcohol..blah..blah...bu t the stench and inconvenience really sucks for working class people like me that enjoy sitting outside once in a while for coffee.

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
Obviously many of you don't have the homeless problem we have here in La...Same homeless guy at Same Starbucks every day with...filthy bags...cans..papers...re fuses to shower in one of the MANY free homeless services facilities in La that offer cleanliness packages of deoderant, toothpaste etc available to Anyone...same guy takes up ENTIRE outside seating at upscale Starbucks...for HOURS AND HOURS every day...filthy shit strewn everywhere...Other homeless have started joining him..of course no one buying anything...

Sorry to politically correct people..I know the liberal fantasy......most homeless are laid off Engineers and Programmers dealt a nasty blow by economy....never drink alcohol..blah..blah...bu t the stench and inconvenience really sucks for working class people like me that enjoy sitting outside once in a while for coffee.

Sounds like this was a problem before the policy change. If the guy stinks they have the option to ask him to leave.

Hypertrophy

• Getbig V

This^^^  Recently spent a week in San Francisco downtown at a trade show. About 2 blocks from the convention center the human debris started. People passed out on sidewalks, camping out on corners, urine everywhere and the occasional guy puking on the sidewalk. The cops obviously kick people out of downtown to keep the appearances up but not far ways it's the real SFO.

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
Will they seriously let homeless people just hang out all day now?  What the fuck? Every great empire must fall and this is will force them to fold if they keep it up.

TheGrinch

• Getbig V
Getting my business cards printed now and moving my office stuff in!!

Going to be great to not have to pay to rent an office any more!!

Thank you Sbucks!

Megalodon

• Getbig V
Starbucks should leave their doors open to everyone 24/7. It is hurtful to ask people to leave at 'closing times' which are only social constructs anyway.

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
This is good. Maybe next up is a free cup of their overpriced coffee and a sandwich

Tha Grim Lifter

• Getbig IV
Should have the annual getbig meetup there now that Vince doesn't have the problem of being kicked out again

Mobil

• Getbig IV
lol... now they Starbucks will be overcrowded by homless people and bums.. this will run of their customer base causing them to lose money...i can give two shits since i never go there... it is  a liberal company and they have pushed their liberal bs in the past..ie: Christmas etc.... let them rot
real men= no rubbers

Palumboism

• Getbig IV
lol... now they Starbucks will be overcrowded by homless people and bums.. this will run of their customer base causing them to lose money...i can give two shits since i never go there... it is  a liberal company and they have pushed their liberal bs in the past..ie: Christmas etc.... let them rot

This is where liberal theory meets reality.  It should be interesting to watch this unfold.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
So, if there are no seats, paying customers have to stand while non customers get to sit.

Yup, makes perfect sense.
X

kevin25

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
Hobos welcome! 🙄