Author Topic: So Much For Carbon Foot Print...  (Read 354 times)

SAMSON123

• Getbig V
So Much For Carbon Foot Print...
« on: January 27, 2010, 05:26:31 PM »
I don't think any country would give a damn about carbon foot prints or pollution if this thing is in operation.

Bagger 288: The World's Biggest Machine
Posted by Alex in Science & Tech, World Records on January 26, 2010 at 3:24 pm

Photo: Snorky [wikipedia]

In the coal stripmine Hambach in Germany, there was a machine so big that it boggles the mind. Behold the Bagger 288:

This is the 45,000 ton Bagger 288 digger built by Krupps in Germany, and it is the largest land based machine built by humans on the face of the planet.

It’s not fast, moving at about 2 meters a minute, but boy can it shift rubble.

It can dig up 240,000 cubic meters of dirt a day. That’s about the same as a football field sized hole that’s 30 metres deep.

And why do you need a machine so absurdly big? So we can strip mine coal out of the ground, transport it hundreds of miles on massive trains and take it to power stations where we burn it to make electricity. And where does quite a chunk of this electricity go? Strangely back to the digger, as it requires 16.56 megawatts of electricity to operate. You’re not going to find a lot of solar panels on this leviathan.

Once it starts digging, it literally will not stop. Anything in its path will be chewed up, including this 60 ton bulldozer. How, I ask you, do you miss a 60 ton bulldozer?

A better pic of this monster here relative to known objects.... http://www.lakata.org/arch/bagger288.jpg
GINORMOUS
C

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Re: So Much For Carbon Foot Print...
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2010, 05:32:47 PM »
Hey, America still has leaders that are very much for stopping this kind of waste with programs like cap/trade:

Gwen Ifill (moderator): But I just wanted to ask you, do you support capping carbon emissions?

Sarah Palin: I do. I do.

BM OUT

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: So Much For Carbon Foot Print...
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2010, 09:05:01 AM »
Hey, America still has leaders that are very much for stopping this kind of waste with programs like cap/trade:

Gwen Ifill (moderator): But I just wanted to ask you, do you support capping carbon emissions?

Sarah Palin: I do. I do.

Once again,by incentives NOT BY COMPLETELY bankrupting the country like Barack Hussein Obama does.