Author Topic: So much for the "Pro Choice" mantra "Keep your laws off of my body"  (Read 7035 times)

newmom

Re: So much for the "Pro Choice" mantra "Keep your laws off of my body"
« Reply #25 on: March 04, 2010, 08:05:38 AM »
So then your against what the Biden commision accomplished by making steroids a controlled substance?I mean its my f'n body,what right does some piss ant in Washington have to tell me what to put into it.

I honestly dont know about that one Billy have not heard of that

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #26 on: March 04, 2010, 08:06:28 AM »
HERE IS EXACTLY MY STANCE:

::)  ::)

We spend hundreds and hundreds of billions on social welfare every day so spare me the dramatics.  

BM OUT

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #27 on: March 04, 2010, 08:06:52 AM »
I honestly dont know about that one Billy have not heard of that

Do you support ALL drugs being made legal?

newmom

« Reply #28 on: March 04, 2010, 08:08:06 AM »
Do you support ALL drugs being made legal?

Alot of me..yes. and a part no..what can I say im a woman cant make up my mind

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
« Reply #29 on: March 04, 2010, 08:08:16 AM »
So then your against what the Biden commision accomplished by making steroids a controlled substance?I mean its my f'n body,what right does some piss ant in Washington have to tell me what to put into it.
Thats a fallacy.  The legislation gave full power to the Secretary of Health and Human Services solely  determine what should be outlawed.

The HHS Secretary was Republican Tommy Thompson and he determined what should be outlawed.

Sorry, in the end, it was HIS decision.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: March 04, 2010, 08:09:10 AM »
Thats a fallacy.  The legislation gave full power to the Secretary of Health and Human Services solely  determine what should be outlawed.

The HHS Secretary was Republican Tommy Thompson and he determined what should be outlawed.

Good way to divert from answering the question. 

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: March 04, 2010, 08:10:04 AM »
Covering abortions would actually save the economy more money in the long run.  Less population, less strain on resources, so it goes...
sorry hoss you need alot more reasoning than saving money to be for abortion

killing off elderly ppl at a certain age would save money too, mentally disabled ppl as well, physically disabled ppl too...

I guess your in favor of all of those too?

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: March 04, 2010, 08:12:13 AM »

killing off elderly ppl at a certain age would save money too, mentally disabled ppl as well, physically disabled ppl too...

Of course he is Tony.  TA is a "progressive" and Beck has already exposed their Dr. Jack agenda. 

BM OUT

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #33 on: March 04, 2010, 08:14:58 AM »

Joe Biden is the Anti-Arnold Schwarzenegger!

Vice presidents get accused of falsely taking credit for big things even when they don't.

Maybe that's why, hot as the topic is these days, Biden never mentions that he led the way to having steroids made illegal in this country.

But, hell if he didn't: In May 1989, back when he chaired the Senate Judiciary Committee, Biden called a hearing about the use of steroids in the NFL. According to a Washington Post report on the hearing, Atlanta Falcons guard Bill Fralic told the committee that "approximately 75 percent" of all "linemen, linebackers and tight ends" in the league used steroids. NFL czar Pete Rozelle testified at the same hearing that random testing detected that only "6 to 7 percent" of players were juiced, but Biden said he "would have trouble not believing Fralic."

Biden had sponsored S.1829, a Senate bill making steroids a controlled substance, in the 100th congress, and, according to the vice president's office, later wrote the Senate version of a House bill that outlawed possession of the drugs.

Again: Biden is the anti-Arnold!

(Full disclosure: I occasionally play in a really bad band with people who work for the vice president. We could use some performance enhancers.)

WRONG AS USUAL!!!Biden got them banned and it was his assanoine speech screaming "dam the science steroids need to be banned "that was the nail in the coffin for freedom.This jerkoff has done more to steal freedom from Americans then ANYONE in history.Please,dont argue with me about steroids,your oiut of your league.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: March 04, 2010, 08:17:50 AM »
Good way to divert from answering the question.  
Read the Legislation: http://www.govtrack.us/congress/bill.xpd?bill=s108-2195&tab=summary

Authorizes the Attorney General, upon the recommendation of the Secretary of Health and Human Services, to exempt from regulation under the Controlled Substances Act any compound, mixture, or preparation that contains any anabolic steroid that is intended for administration to a human being or an animal and that does not present any significant potential for abuse because of its concentration, preparation, formulation, or delivery system.

Here is another REPUBLICAN BUSH APPOINTEE you can blame as it was HIS Decision after hearing from Tommy Thompson.

BLAME REPUBLICAN BUSH APPOINTED JOHN ASHCROFT

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: March 04, 2010, 08:20:11 AM »
I didnt know steroids were legal during clintons' term. 

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: March 04, 2010, 08:20:27 AM »

Sorry Hoss, an unborn fetus is not a person.

BM OUT

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #37 on: March 04, 2010, 08:23:01 AM »
Read the Legislation: http://www.govtrack.us/congress/bill.xpd?bill=s108-2195&tab=summary

Authorizes the Attorney General, upon the recommendation of the Secretary of Health and Human Services, to exempt from regulation under the Controlled Substances Act any compound, mixture, or preparation that contains any anabolic steroid that is intended for administration to a human being or an animal and that does not present any significant potential for abuse because of its concentration, preparation, formulation, or delivery system.

Here is another REPUBLICAN BUSH APPOINTEE you can blame as it was HIS Decision after hearing from Tommy Thompson.

BLAME REPUBLICAN BUSH APPOINTED JOHN ASHCROFT

Your an idiot.Thompson followed the recomendations made by Joe the Pussy Biden and the bill was written by Biden.It was that commision that did it.The health and human services department would never even have considered it, unless the dumb ass Biden commision brought these recomadatiuons foreward.Now,most of the drug laws in this country,including the drug czar were also Bidens fault.It was Joe Biden who did this and he is the biggest robber of freedom in the history of this nation.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: March 04, 2010, 08:24:15 AM »
I didnt know steroids were legal during clintons' term. 
They weren`t.  Anabolic Steroids Control Act of 1990 became law on November 29, 1990, when President Bush signed the Omnibus Crime Control Bill.

In 2004 there was another Bill to amend the first bill in 1990.

BM OUT

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #39 on: March 04, 2010, 08:26:32 AM »
By the way,your confusing the laws.Steroids were made a controlled substance in 1997 I believe after the Biden commision..The law you are reffering to is the pro-hormone law

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: March 04, 2010, 08:28:05 AM »
By the way,your confusing the laws.Steroids were made a controlled substance in 1997 I believe after the Biden commision..The law you are reffering to is the pro-hormone law
http://www.cbssports.com/mcc/messages/chrono/19532890
U.S. Federal Law

The Anabolic Steroids Control Act of 1990 became law on November 29, 1990, when former President Bush signed the Omnibus Crime Control Bill. The law applies in every Federal court across the country. It places steroids in the same legal class - Schedule III -- as barbiturates, LSD precursors, veterinary tranquilizers like ketamine and narcotic painkillers like Vicodin. Simple possession of any Schedule III substance is a federal offense punishable by up to one year in prison and/or a minimum fine of $1,000. Simple possession by a person with a previous conviction for certain offenses, including any drug or narcotic crimes, must get imprisonment of at least 15 days and up to two years, and a minimum fine of $2,500. Individuals with two or more such previous convictions face imprisonment of not less than 90 days but not more than three years, and a minimum fine of $5,000, just for simply possessing. Selling steroids, or possessing them with intent to sell, is a federal felony. An individual who sells steroids, or possesses with intent to sell, is punishable by up to five years in prison (with at least two additional years of supervised release) and/or a $250,000 fine. An individual who commits such a violation after a prior conviction for a drug offense faces up to ten years imprisonment (with at least four additional years of special parole) and/or increased fines.
The Anabolic Steroids Control Act can be enforced and violations prosecuted in every state.

BM OUT

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #41 on: March 04, 2010, 08:30:32 AM »
Right,thats the one that made them a controlled substance.THATS The Biden commision.The other one that that dope Thompson did was for making pro-hormones as illegal as steroids[probably the second dumbest law ever].Biden was the lunatic that made steroids a controlled substance.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: March 04, 2010, 08:31:30 AM »
http://www.cbssports.com/mcc/messages/chrono/19532890
U.S. Federal Law

The Anabolic Steroids Control Act of 1990 became law on November 29, 1990, when former President Bush signed the Omnibus Crime Control Bill. The law applies in every Federal court across the country. It places steroids in the same legal class - Schedule III -- as barbiturates, LSD precursors, veterinary tranquilizers like ketamine and narcotic painkillers like Vicodin. Simple possession of any Schedule III substance is a federal offense punishable by up to one year in prison and/or a minimum fine of $1,000. Simple possession by a person with a previous conviction for certain offenses, including any drug or narcotic crimes, must get imprisonment of at least 15 days and up to two years, and a minimum fine of $2,500. Individuals with two or more such previous convictions face imprisonment of not less than 90 days but not more than three years, and a minimum fine of $5,000, just for simply possessing. Selling steroids, or possessing them with intent to sell, is a federal felony. An individual who sells steroids, or possesses with intent to sell, is punishable by up to five years in prison (with at least two additional years of supervised release) and/or a $250,000 fine. An individual who commits such a violation after a prior conviction for a drug offense faces up to ten years imprisonment (with at least four additional years of special parole) and/or increased fines.
The Anabolic Steroids Control Act can be enforced and violations prosecuted in every state.

And who controlled the congress at that time TA and actually wrote the bill?

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: March 04, 2010, 08:33:23 AM »
No it wasn`t a "Biden Commission"

H.R.4658
Title: To amend the Controlled Substances Act to provide criminal penalties for illicit use of anabolic steroids and for coaches and others who endeavor to persuade or induce athletes to take anabolic steroids, and for other purposes.
Sponsor: Rep Hughes, William J. [NJ-2] (introduced 4/26/1990)

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: March 04, 2010, 08:38:55 AM »
Check this out. Even the DEA and FDA did not want them criminalized. Turning a blind eye to Science:

United States

The history of the U.S. legislation on anabolic steroids goes back to the late 1980s, when the U.S. Congress considered placing anabolic steroids under the Controlled Substances Act following the controversy over Ben Johnson's victory at the 1988 Summer Olympics in Seoul. During deliberations, the American Medical Association (AMA), Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA), Food and Drug Administration (FDA) as well as the National Institute on Drug Abuse (NIDA) all opposed listing anabolic steroids as controlled substances, citing the fact that use of these hormones does not lead to the physical or psychological dependence required for such scheduling under the Controlled Substance Act. Nevertheless, anabolic steroids were added to Schedule III of the Controlled Substances Act in the Anabolic Steroid Control Act of 1990.[105] The same act also introduced more stringent controls with higher criminal penalties for offenses involving the illegal distribution of anabolic steroids and human growth hormone

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: March 04, 2010, 08:39:30 AM »
Sorry Hoss, an unborn fetus is not a person.
why b/c they arent self sustaining? b/c the law says so? why is an unborn fetus not a person

there have been cases when a person is tried for double homicide when killing a pregnant women...

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: March 04, 2010, 08:41:28 AM »
why b/c they arent self sustaining? b/c the law says so? why is an unborn fetus not a person

there have been cases when a person is tried for double homicide when killing a pregnant women...

BRITISH EVOLUTIONARY BIOLOGIST AND AUTHOR Richard Dawkins Former Professor of the Public Understanding of Science at Oxford; author of "The God Delusion" and "The Greatest Show on Earth."

The Great Tim Tebow Fallacy
Q: The conservative Christian group Focus on the Family is sponsoring a pro-life ad, featuring football star Tim Tebow, during Sunday's Super Bowl. Should CBS show the ad? Should CBS allow other faith-based groups to buy Super Bowl ads promoting their beliefs on social issues? Is a major sporting event, or a TV ad campaign, an appropriate venue for discussing such vital and divisive culture-war issues like abortion?

I gather that Tim Tebow is extremely good at football. That's just as well, for he certainly isn't very good at thinking. Perhaps the fact that he was home schooled by missionary parents is to blame.

The following is what passes for logic in the Tebow mind. His mother was advised by doctors to abort him, but she refused, which is why Tim is here. So abortion is a bad thing. Masterful conclusion.

It is a version of what, following the great Nobel-Prizewinning biologist Peter Medawar, I have called the Great Beethoven Fallacy.

Versions of the Great Beethoven Fallacy are attributed to various Christian apologists, and the details vary. The following is the version favoured by Norman St John Stevas, a British Conservative Member of Parliament. One doctor to another:

"About the terminating of pregnancy, I want your opinion. The father was syphilitic. The mother tuberculous. Of the four children born, the first was blind, the second died, the third was deaf and dumb, the fourth was also tuberculous. What would you have done?"

"I would have terminated the pregnancy."

"Then you would have murdered Beethoven."

It is amazing how many people are bamboozled by this spectacularly stupid argument. Setting aside the simple falsehood that Ludwig van Beethoven was the fifth child in his family (he was actually the eldest), the falsehood that any of his siblings was born blind, deaf or dumb, and the falsehood that his father was syphilitic, we are left with the 'logic'. As Peter Medawar, writing with his wife, Jean Medawar, said,

"The reasoning behind this odious little argument is breathtakingly fallacious . . . the world is no more likely to be deprived of a Beethoven by abortion than by chaste absence from intercourse."

If you follow the 'pro-life' logic to its conclusion, a fertile woman is guilty of something equivalent to murder every time she refuses an offer of copulation. Incidentally, 'pro life' always means pro human life, never animal life although an adult cow or monkey is obviously far more capable of feeling pain and fear than a human fetus. But the profoundly un-evolutionary nature of this terminology is another story and I'll set it on one side.

The sperm that conceived Tim Tebow was part of an ejaculate of (at an average estimate) 40 million. If any one of them had won the race to Mrs Tebow's ovum instead of the one that did, Tim would not have been born, somebody else would. Probably not such a good quarterback but - we can but hope - a better logician, who might have survived the home schooling and broken free. That is not the point. The point is that every single one of us is lucky to be alive against hyper-astronomical odds. Tim Tebow owes his existence not just to his mother's refusal to have an abortion. He owes his existence to the fact that his parents had intercourse precisely when they did, not a minute sooner or later. Then before that they had to meet and decide to marry. The same is true of all four of his grandparents, all eight of his great grandparents, and so on back.

Religious apologists are unimpressed by this kind of argument because, they say, there is a distinction between snuffing out a life that is already in existence (as in abortion) and failure to bring life into existence in the first place. It's not a distinction that survives analytical thought, however. Look at it from the point of view of Tim's unborn sister (let us say), who would have been conceived two months later if only Tim had been aborted. Admittedly, she is not in a position to complain of her non-existence. But then nor would Tim have been in a position to complain of his non-existence, if he had been aborted. You need a functioning nervous system in order to complain, or regret, or feel wistful, or feel pain, or miss the life that you could have had. Unconceived babies don't have a nervous system. Nor do aborted fetuses. As far as anything that matters is concerned, an aborted fetus has exactly the same mental and moral status as any of the countless trillions of unconceived babies. At least, that is true of early abortions, which means the vast majority.

The fact that the Tim Tebow advertisement is a load of unthought-through nonsense is no reason to ban it. That would infringe our valued principle of free speech. The best that the rest of us can do is point out, to anyone that will listen despite our lack of money to pay for such advertisements, that it is nonsense. As I have just done.
-Richard Dawkins

newmom

« Reply #47 on: March 04, 2010, 08:42:21 AM »

I  believe in some states it when the fetus could function on its own. To b\me I call BS its a child once I dont get my monthly visitor

BM OUT

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #48 on: March 04, 2010, 09:04:02 AM »
Check this out. Even the DEA and FDA did not want them criminalized. Turning a blind eye to Science:

United States

The history of the U.S. legislation on anabolic steroids goes back to the late 1980s, when the U.S. Congress considered placing anabolic steroids under the Controlled Substances Act following the controversy over Ben Johnson's victory at the 1988 Summer Olympics in Seoul. During deliberations, the American Medical Association (AMA), Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA), Food and Drug Administration (FDA) as well as the National Institute on Drug Abuse (NIDA) all opposed listing anabolic steroids as controlled substances, citing the fact that use of these hormones does not lead to the physical or psychological dependence required for such scheduling under the Controlled Substance Act. Nevertheless, anabolic steroids were added to Schedule III of the Controlled Substances Act in the Anabolic Steroid Control Act of 1990.[105] The same act also introduced more stringent controls with higher criminal penalties for offenses involving the illegal distribution of anabolic steroids and human growth hormone

Advocates of steroid law reform are very disappointed that Democratic presidential candidate Barrack Obama selected Senator Joseph Biden as his vice presidential nominee. Senator Biden was the chief architect of the Anabolic Steroid Control Act of 1990 that criminalized the possession of anabolic steroids for non-medical purposes. Biden also wrote the Anabolic Steroid Control Act of 2004 which opened the door for significantly harsher penalties for steroid possession and steroid distribution; this has resulted in the increased prosecution of steroid users over the past few years who are treated as dangerous criminals with the worst penalties for the non-medical use of steroids in history. Senator Biden has been on his anti-steroid crusade for almost two decades.

Steroid law expert Rick Collins revealed in testimony to the United States Sentencing Commission that the typical non-medical steroid users has been misrepresented to the public and to legislators.

The “typical” steroid user has been presented as fitting one of two profiles: either the million dollar sports star, or the hapless teenager seeking to emulate him

The overwhelming majority were gainfully employed, health conscious adult males, between 25 and 45 years of age, using hormones not for athletic performance but to improve their appearance. These users typically are non-smokers who follow exercise routines including both strenuous weight training and cardio programs, and adhere to healthful diets. Do they put too high a premium on superficial appearances? In my opinion, absolutely. Are they overcompensating for underlying self-esteem issues? Perhaps, in many cases. Are they assuming risks that might potentially be harmful to them? Probably, yes, as do smokers, drinkers, and extreme sports enthusiasts. But however misguided we may judge nonmedical users of these hormones to be, I seriously question whether they are the sort of dangerous criminals deserving of extended prison terms

Their motivation, whether labeled as vanity or an excessive quest for self-improvement, is unlike the motivation that drives the use of every other controlled substance. However misguided steroid use without medical supervision may be, it is long-range, goal-oriented behavior. Steroid users are the virtual antithesis of the typical drug offender.

Yet Senator Joseph Biden had no problem criminalizing anabolic steroid use for gainfully employed, largely white collar, middle class, otherwise law-abiding steroid users. Those who have seen the steroid documentary Bigger Stronger Faster were given a glimpse of Senator Bidens deep-seated psychological antipathy toward steroid users. Joe Biden is angry he was not good enough to make the baseball team and wants revenge.

Senator Biden has admitted that his anti-steroid zealotry originated with his failure to make the sports team in college; he was certain he was outperformed by some steroid user! As a senator, he has used his power and influence to get back at those superior athletes in sports who may have been using steroids. Of course, he is only figuratively punishing those athletes from his college days by criminalizing anabolic steroids for all individuals who use steroids for non-medical purposes.

Rick Collins sent me an email shortly after the announcement of Biden as Obamas VP nominee with a link to Radley Balkos disappointment over the Biden nomination.

Biden has sponsored more damaging drug war legislation than any Democrat in Congress. Hate the way federal prosecutors use RICO laws to take aim at drug offenders? Thank Biden. How about the abomination that is federal asset forfeiture laws? Thank Biden. Think federal prosecutors have too much power in drug cases? Thank Biden. Think the title of a “Drug Czar” is sanctimonious and silly? Thank Biden, who helped create the position (and still considers it an accomplishment worth boasting about). Tired of the ridiculous steroids hearings in Congress? Thank Biden, who led the effort to make steroids a Schedule 3 drug, and has been among the blowhardiest of the blowhards when it comes to sports and performance enhancing drugs. (emphasis added)

I agree that Barrack Obamas nomination of Senator Joseph Biden is the worst possible pick for those of us interested in reform of anabolic steroid law. We know he is prone to exaggerating (the dangers and side effects of anabolic steroids) when he is angry but that is no excuse. We do not feel that federal drug policy, and specifically steroid law, should be based on the exaggerations of an angry man!

Related Posts
Barack Obama Attacks Joseph Bidens Position on Anabolic Steroids
Anti-Steroid Crusader Chosen as Obama Presidential Assistant for Legislative Affairs
NPC Bodybuilder Joseph Mobareki Arrested on Steroid Distribution Charges
Congress Wants to Add Growth Hormone and DHEA to Controlled Substance Act
New French Laws Imprisons Individuals for Personal Use of Anabolic Steroids
Posted by Millard Baker on Tuesday, August 26, 2008 at 1:02 pm
Filed under Steroid History, Steroid Law, Steroids in Popular Culture, Steroids in Sports Tagged with anabolic steroid control act, barrack obama, joseph biden, rick collins, Steroid Law

There was no reason for this.Joe Biden was a total failure as an athlete and blamed it on others use of steroids.In fact,the first steroid ever banned was dianabol.That was pushed through by some jerkoff senator because his pussy son couldnt play at Notre Dame.These senators and congressman are a joke!THAT INCLUDES ALL OF THEM!!!!!

kcballer

• Getbig V
  • In you I feel so pretty, In you I taste God
« Reply #49 on: March 04, 2010, 09:28:01 AM »
Great George Carlin post TA.  I'm not normally a fan of his at all but he brought some interesting humor to this discussion. 

As for this mandate i've already said i don't agree with it.  Most liberals don't.  Olbermann did a special comment on how he would personally NOT buy insurance because he is a self insured individual.  I totally agree with him.  Insurance reform should bring about choice and options for those who need it not force those who do not want it. 

On abortion i completely disagree with tony that a man should be able to walk away.  That is such utter bullsh*t.  The law may seem unfair but who gets saddled with the burden of raising the child almost every time?  The woman.  Far too many men walk away from their obligations not only for child support but for helping raise the child itself.  It will always and should always be a womans right to choose, if you don't like it don't fu*k her.  Simple as that. 
Abandon every hope...