Getbig Alternative Boards > Y Board - The Player's Club

GA / occasionally Soulcrusher training thread

<< < (3/353) > >>

Shockwave:
Ive actually gotten back into training like i used to as a Marine, but incorporating more weights..

Im starting to get back into combat sports, tactical shooting, hunting, etc... and discovered my cardio was horrible.

Started running again, 3x weekly, 3-5 miles at a shot... im back to running 3 miles in 24:45 ish, doing that after training 1 hour doing 2 bodyparts in a combination of heavy basic compound movements and high volume isolation lifts for endurance.

Also added in 2 and 3 mile runs with 40lbs in my day pack and combat boots. Havent started doing ruck marches again, might add that in later.

It definitely gives the body a different look... that lean, muscular, dangerous look you see on so many fighters and SF Operators.

Good stuff grape, stick with it.. it kicks your ass but itll get you in a 'all around real world' athletic shape that just feels awesome.

nzmusclemonster:
Outed

Grape Ape:

--- Quote from: Shockwave on November 08, 2014, 11:08:56 PM ---Ive actually gotten back into training like i used to as a Marine, but incorporating more weights..

Im starting to get back into combat sports, tactical shooting, hunting, etc... and discovered my cardio was horrible.

Started running again, 3x weekly, 3-5 miles at a shot... im back to running 3 miles in 24:45 ish, doing that after training 1 hour doing 2 bodyparts in a combination of heavy basic compound movements and high volume isolation lifts for endurance.

Also added in 2 and 3 mile runs with 40lbs in my day pack and combat boots. Havent started doing ruck marches again, might add that in later.

It definitely gives the body a different look... that lean, muscular, dangerous look you see on so many fighters and SF Operators.

Good stuff grape, stick with it.. it kicks your ass but itll get you in a 'all around real world' athletic shape that just feels awesome.

--- End quote ---

Thanks.  From what I've read, jogging with the ruck can be dangerous - do you have any issues?   Rucking after running led to me feeling hot spots (pre blister) for the first time.

My running times have been decent - did the five miles in 37:50, without feeling that good on it.  Did 8 in Seattle in just under an hour, which was cool.  I've forgone the should surgery this winter to do the event.  Bone on bone in right shoulder that I have to just gut out, and I think laying off the weights a bit might help.  Pushups  do grind a bit on it though....

Shockwave:

--- Quote from: Grape Ape on November 09, 2014, 08:32:19 AM ---Thanks.  From what I've read, jogging with the ruck can be dangerous - do you have any issues?   Rucking after running led to me feeling hot spots (pre blister) for the first time.

My running times have been decent - did the five miles in 37:50, without feeling that good on it.  Did 8 in Seattle in just under an hour, which was cool.  I've forgone the should surgery this winter to do the event.  Bone on bone in right shoulder that I have to just gut out, and I think laying off the weights a bit might help.  Pushups  do grind a bit on it though....

--- End quote ---
well, i use a smaller 3 day pack rather than the full size ruck. i havent really had any injuries from it, my knees were kind of tender before but seem to be better the more im working out.

You definitely slow down when running with pack and boots, but as long as you dont push yourself too far, you should be ok.

Youll be amazed how fast you gain cardio when your running with 40+lbs on you. When you take the weight back off you feel light as a feather

Grape Ape:

--- Quote from: Shockwave on November 09, 2014, 11:38:09 AM ---well, i use a smaller 3 day pack rather than the full size ruck. i havent really had any injuries from it, my knees were kind of tender before but seem to be better the more im working out.

You definitely slow down when running with pack and boots, but as long as you dont push yourself too far, you should be ok.

Youll be amazed how fast you gain cardio when your running with 40+lbs on you. When you take the weight back off you feel light as a feather

--- End quote ---

Agree - actually  the pack is starting to feel like it belongs back there, even with the weight.  The only issue is I like having it tighter so it doesn't bounce, and I have trouble getting out of it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version