Getbig Misc Discussion Boards > Wrestling Board

NOT AGAIN!!!! Reigns vs Lesnar at SummerSlam 2022

(1/5) > >>

MCWAY:
With wrestlers, dropping left and right because of injury, WWE has dredge up the Beast to fight the Tribal Chief......YET AGAIN....for SummerSlam. This time, it's reportedly a "Last Man Standing" match.

Lesnar returned on Smackdown, after The Head of the Table beat Matt Riddle to retain his title (with the stipulation that Riddle gets no more title shots if he loses).

Reigns says there's no one left. The music hits; the BEAST INCARNATE APPEARS and wants to shake the champion's hand, which naturally results in an F-5 to the Needle Mover and his cousins.

They couldn't have used Lashley, or McIntyre, or even not put that stip in the Smackdown match and give Riddle another crack in a specialty match at Money In the Bank or at SummerSlam. NOPE!! It's Reigns and Lesnar, part 1,367.

cheftim:
I'm not a fan of it either. This is the way it works though. Vince will try and get every penny he can out of this feud. This isn't even close to being as dragged out as Undertaker/Kane or Cena/Orton. On a side note Reigns should either lay off the krispy kremes or put the chest protector back on.

Playboy:

--- Quote from: cheftim on June 21, 2022, 12:17:44 PM ---I'm not a fan of it either. This is the way it works though. Vince will try and get every penny he can out of this feud. This isn't even close to being as dragged out as Undertaker/Kane or Cena/Orton. On a side note Reigns should either lay off the krispy kremes or put the chest protector back on.

--- End quote ---
That's the problem...who else to challenge Reigns that could possibly beat him? They built reigns up to the point where they made him seem virtually unstoppable and they literally ran out of worthy would-be challengers. Back in the day, you had Undertaker, Kane, HBK, Angle, Rock, Austin, etc...all Mega stars that could headline anywhere. Now? I wouldn't pay 200 bucks min per ticket to see Riccochet and the Viking Warriors...sorry.

cheftim:

--- Quote from: Playboy on June 28, 2022, 09:32:53 AM ---That's the problem...who else to challenge Reigns that could possibly beat him? They built reigns up to the point where they made him seem virtually unstoppable and they literally ran out of worthy would-be challengers. Back in the day, you had Undertaker, Kane, HBK, Angle, Rock, Austin, etc...all Mega stars that could headline anywhere. Now? I wouldn't pay 200 bucks min per ticket to see Riccochet and the Viking Warriors...sorry.

--- End quote ---

I'm a devoted life long fan for over 40 years. I still watch it on TV but stopped going to live events. It's not the same as it used to be.

MCWAY:

--- Quote from: cheftim on June 21, 2022, 12:17:44 PM ---I'm not a fan of it either. This is the way it works though. Vince will try and get every penny he can out of this feud. This isn't even close to being as dragged out as Undertaker/Kane or Cena/Orton. On a side note Reigns should either lay off the krispy kremes or put the chest protector back on.

--- End quote ---

Lesnar and Reigns actually became interesting with the Paul Heyman factor, plus Lesnar was gone for 18 months. Personally, I think if Reigns hadn't caught the 'rona before Day 1, Lesnar would have beaten him just before Reigns surpassed the record for longest running Universal champion.

I would like to see Lesnar and McIntyre go at it. After all, Lesnar never got a rematch with him for losing the WWE world title at WM36. And it's not like WWE to not let the Beast his payback.

And, I haven't seen it yet. But, I think Riddle will win/has won MITB. This way, they can use him to take just the world title off The Tribal Chief (due to the Smackdown stipulation).

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version