Author Topic: who trained the hardest - ronnie coleman or dorian yates?  (Read 28967 times)

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
Re: who trained the hardest - ronnie coleman or dorian yates?
« Reply #50 on: April 03, 2008, 04:11:17 AM »
I'm sure there are a shitload of guys right here that train just as hard as either of them.

Max Effort=Max Effort whether you bench 315 or 550. Wev'e all done drop sets, negatives, supersets,giant sets, HIT style, volume, DC style.....you name it. In the search for muscle growth I would imagine anyone here who is serious about BBing has done some sick fucking shit and has killed his body to the point where he can't move the next day. If you haven't you're doing it wrong.

put the pink dumbbells down sweetheart

if the bar aint bending youre just pretending!
Z

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
  • Disdain/repugnance....Version 3: glare variation B
« Reply #51 on: April 03, 2008, 04:19:34 AM »
put the pink dumbbells down sweetheart

if the bar aint bending youre just pretending!

Any other cliches you'd like to toss at someone twice your size this fine morning Bluthole?

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #52 on: April 03, 2008, 04:25:15 AM »
Any other cliches you'd like to toss at someone twice your size this fine morning Bluthole?

twice the fat you mean

didnt you already fuck up by claiming ronnie trained harder in this thread just because he lifted heavier weights?
Z

Bear

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #53 on: April 03, 2008, 04:33:24 AM »
???

dorian trained like a fuckin animal

but ronnie trained pretty hard himself

i cant decide

Ronnie did more sets and went heavier, but Dorian put more effort into the final injury-inducing set on each given excersise than Ronnie.

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
« Reply #54 on: April 03, 2008, 04:34:53 AM »
twice the fat you mean

Right..... cuz your'e a FALCON this week  ::)  How about a pic of this new found rippedness :D

didnt you already fuck up by claiming ronnie trained harder in this thread just because he lifted heavier weights?

Yes I said that because I think Dorian is overrated, I really don't know or care which one trains harder any more than you do.

BM OUT

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #55 on: April 03, 2008, 04:43:04 AM »
In Ronnies video he does 495 for 10 reps in the bb row[by th eway,REAL bb rows as in bent over] while talking taking the weight out and this is AFTER pulling 800X2.Yates does his rows almost upright with over 100 lbs less.

Yates does 3 plates in the seated smith machine press for 6 good reps,Ronnie does 3 plates in the seated BB press for 12.Its not even close.Yates yells and screams more,but Ronnie is working MUCH harder and putting more effort in it.It reminds me of the scene in pumping Iron when Lou is yelling with his lungs training,but Arnold is grunting from his heart.Yates needs a guy screaming in his ears,Ronnie is by himself flipping up 200 lb dumbells and knocking out 12 reps with them.Not close.

natural al

• Getbig V
  • like it or don't, learn to live with it..whooooooo
« Reply #56 on: April 03, 2008, 05:06:15 AM »
I'm sure there are a shitload of guys right here that train just as hard as either of them.

Max Effort=Max Effort whether you bench 315 or 550. Wev'e all done drop sets, negatives, supersets,giant sets, HIT style, volume, DC style.....you name it. In the search for muscle growth I would imagine anyone here who is serious about BBing has done some sick fucking shit and has killed his body to the point where he can't move the next day. If you haven't you're doing it wrong.

GOOD POST.  Being strong does not = training hard.  Training hard is relevent, I "think" I train pretty damn hard but someone else on here might not, I've worked out with a couple of people who swore they were monsters in the gym and I just kinda  ::) when we were done. 

I've done some whacky shit over the years...lol.
nasser=piece of shit

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
« Reply #57 on: April 03, 2008, 05:32:45 AM »
GOOD POST.  Being strong does not = training hard.  Training hard is relevent, I "think" I train pretty damn hard but someone else on here might not, I've worked out with a couple of people who swore they were monsters in the gym and I just kinda  ::) when we were done. 

I've done some whacky shit over the years...lol.

Thanks.
Iv'e also worked out with people who thought they were SUPER HARDCORE that have just ground their bodies into dust, day after day,and never got anywhere. Every day it was HEAVY, high volume, drop set, negative to the point you can't even twitch the muscle on every set. Screaming, yelling.....the whole 9 yards. ::) just beat the shit outta myself is all, think I got smaller actually. I moved on rather quickly

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #58 on: April 03, 2008, 09:15:49 AM »
we already established that dorian trains harder and moved along.

the next thread is who trains harder - dorian or arnold.

please try to keep up.
Z

BM OUT

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #59 on: April 03, 2008, 09:25:20 AM »
Many of us think that only an idiot would say Yates trained harder,so we wont move on.Many of us think that the builds speak for themselves and that Ronnie brought up his weak parts MUCH more then Yates ever did.Ronnies thighs were behind Cutlers,then ,in one year,his legs dwarfed Jays.Dorian never brought up his arms,never improved his chest, pretty much just looked the same[ but bigger] year after year.Ronnie would come in with a different body every year.What Ronnie did in 2003 proved he is the hardest training man in bodybuilding history.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #60 on: April 03, 2008, 09:58:52 AM »
And, then there's that other guy who won 8 Olympia titles, who said "Stimulate; don't annihilate."  ;D

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #61 on: April 03, 2008, 10:01:14 AM »
And, then there's that other guy who won 8 Olympia titles, who said "Stimulate; don't annihilate."  ;D
Lee Priest?

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #62 on: April 03, 2008, 10:06:43 AM »
Many of us think that only an idiot would say Yates trained harder,so we wont move on.Many of us think that the builds speak for themselves and that Ronnie brought up his weak parts MUCH more then Yates ever did.Ronnies thighs were behind Cutlers,then ,in one year,his legs dwarfed Jays.Dorian never brought up his arms,never improved his chest, pretty much just looked the same[ but bigger] year after year.Ronnie would come in with a different body every year.What Ronnie did in 2003 proved he is the hardest training man in bodybuilding history.

hardest training?

remind me how ronnie brought his calves up?

ronnie for 2007 olympia went from doing 10-12 reps to 25 reps ! hows that for hard training? that's what refered to as "pumping" and "toning"

anyone who seen ronnie train in any of his videos see that he has plenty left in the tank and isnt close to failure

does he even do negatives? or have a training partner that push him? no he trains laughing and is never out of breath
plenty of time for a "yeah buddy" after each set.

dont confuse training hard with lifting heavy.
Z

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #63 on: April 03, 2008, 10:17:20 AM »
hardest training?

remind me how ronnie brought his calves up?

ronnie for 2007 olympia went from doing 10-12 reps to 25 reps ! hows that for hard training? that's what refered to as "pumping" and "toning"

anyone who seen ronnie train in any of his videos see that he has plenty left in the tank and isnt close to failure

does he even do negatives? or have a training partner that push him? no he trains laughing and is never out of breath
plenty of time for a "yeah buddy" after each set.

dont confuse training hard with lifting heavy.

Perhaps, Ronnie gets better results the way he trains than he would, training like Yates.

The purpose of bodybuilding training is to find the style of training that makes YOU grow.

You don't get brownie points in competition for having a training partner, doing negatives, or even training in a beat-up gym.

Ronnie did what worked for him; and he has eight Sandows for his efforts. So does that other guy; I think they called him the "Awesome One", who again put it best, "Stimulate; don't annihilate!!".

Danimal77

• Getbig V
  • Yo Adrian
« Reply #64 on: April 03, 2008, 10:25:12 AM »
i think that it is funny dorain was the one that uesd stirict form and got all the injuries. Roonie used form that pretty bad at some points, but never got hurt

Ronnie never got hurt???? You must be REALLY new to the scene. Did you not see Ronnie's missing tricep and lat and shortened quad, etc....?? Kid, before you make ignorant statements, at least educate yourself on the topic at hand.

BM OUT

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #65 on: April 03, 2008, 10:46:23 AM »
Wow,Dorian went to failure.So,when he went to failure on his inclines,using 425 and getting 5 by himself and then getting help on three more,thats hardcore intensity.When Ronnie does 405X10 AFTER benching 500X5 and 405X12 thats not going to failure.Heres the point,Ronnie is able to train harder,longer,more reps,more weight because his genetics and mind allowed him to do it.Dorian does forced reps because hes used to getting help,Ronnie trains alone so he gets the reps by himself.I see bodybuilders all the time get "help" from training partners,but if they didnt get help,they couldnt lift crap.When that same guy trains with  someone who wont help,they just die on the set.Let Dorian train alone and see what kind of weights and reps he handles.My bet is,not much and not many.

I wasnt aware calves were more important then arms and chest.

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #66 on: April 03, 2008, 10:47:40 AM »
Perhaps, Ronnie gets better results the way he trains than he would, training like Yates.

The purpose of bodybuilding training is to find the style of training that makes YOU grow.

You don't get brownie points in competition for having a training partner, doing negatives, or even training in a beat-up gym.

Ronnie did what worked for him; and he has eight Sandows for his efforts. So does that other guy; I think they called him the "Awesome One", who again put it best, "Stimulate; don't annihilate!!".

correct me if im wrong but isnt this a thread about who trained the hardest?

now what part of that dont you understand?

Z

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #67 on: April 03, 2008, 10:48:46 AM »
Wow,Dorian went to failure.So,when he went to failure on his inclines,using 425 and getting 5 by himself and then getting help on three more,thats hardcore intensity.When Ronnie does 405X10 AFTER benching 500X5 and 405X12 thats not going to failure.Heres the point,Ronnie is able to train harder,longer,more reps,more weight because his genetics and mind allowed him to do it.Dorian does forced reps because hes used to getting help,Ronnie trains alone so he gets the reps by himself.I see bodybuilders all the time get "help" from training partners,but if they didnt get help,they couldnt lift crap.When that same guy trains with  someone who wont help,they just die on the set.Let Dorian train alone and see what kind of weights and reps he handles.My bet is,not much and not many.

I wasnt aware calves were more important then arms and chest.

but he wasnt training harder.

thats the point. the rest you can leave for some other thread.

dorian pushed himself more than ronnie ever did. = he trained harder.

Z

BM OUT

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #68 on: April 03, 2008, 11:34:18 AM »
Pushed himself harder how?He trained MUCH lighter,needed a guy to yell in his ear to motivate him,did much less reps then Coleman,did less sets,didn't win as much,didn't have as great a build,so you base it on what?Because his goof partner would yell "business as usual".

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #69 on: April 03, 2008, 12:04:05 PM »
correct me if im wrong but isnt this a thread about who trained the hardest?

now what part of that dont you understand?

The point of training hard or "hardest" is getting RESULTS, which are manifested in bodybuilding competition. I could (in theory, at least) train harder than Dorian Yates. But, if I can hardly more and my severly sore muscles look like mush, what's the point?

So, the question should be, whose training gleaned the best results for his body. If Coleman gets better results by NOT (or rarely) training to failure and using higher volume, training to failure or "high intensity", just for the sake of training the "hardest" (like Dorian Yates) is just plain silly.

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #70 on: April 03, 2008, 12:04:25 PM »
Pushed himself harder how?He trained MUCH lighter,needed a guy to yell in his ear to motivate him,did much less reps then Coleman,did less sets,didn't win as much,didn't have as great a build,so you base it on what?Because his goof partner would yell "business as usual".

it's clear to anyone who seen dorian train that he pushes himself to the absolute limit.

however the same can not be said about ronnie - whenever he trains he looks like he's got plenty left in the tank. how can you claim otherwise?

apparantely you havent seen either one of them train.
Z

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #71 on: April 03, 2008, 12:11:51 PM »
it's clear to anyone who seen dorian train that he pushes himself to the absolute limit.

however the same can not be said about ronnie - whenever he trains he looks like he's got plenty left in the tank. how can you claim otherwise?

But, they are/were both BODYBUILDERS; and, at the end of day, they got paid for HOW THEY LOOKED, not what it took to get them to that point.

Ronnie Coleman did what he needed to do in the gym to stimulate his muscles and have them grow. And his Sandows are no less important than those of Yates, simply because "he's got plenty left in the tank", after his training sessions.

I remember another all-time great bodybuilder who didn't train to failure and even recommended that you leave a little something for the next workout. You may have heard of him: Bill Pearl, 4-time NABBA Mr. Universe.

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #72 on: April 03, 2008, 12:14:18 PM »
But, they are/were both BODYBUILDERS; and, at the end of day, they got paid for HOW THEY LOOKED, not what it took to get them to that point.

Ronnie Coleman did what he needed to do in the gym to stimulate his muscles and have them grow. And his Sandows are no less important than those of Yates, simply because "he's got plenty left in the tank", after his training sessions.

I remember another all-time great bodybuilder who didn't train to failure and even recommended that you leave a little something for the next workout. You may have heard of him: Bill Pearl, 4-time NABBA Mr. Universe.

thats besides the point
Z

the_swami

• Getbig IV
« Reply #73 on: April 03, 2008, 03:43:19 PM »
BLuto is getting epicly owned by Billy Minmaugh who obviously knows alot about trainign and BB and isnt your typical getbig 105 lb pencil neck

the guys that could match Ronnie in intensity/hard training would be branch warren, tom platz- you put dorian in with any of those guys and he wouldnt  last 10 minutes

Fatpanda

• Getbig V
  • One getbigger to rule them all.
« Reply #74 on: April 03, 2008, 03:58:37 PM »

no apparently you havn't seen them train - ronnie did a 800lbs deadlift for 2 reps ( utter failure)- are you telling me you felt he had plenty left in the tank after that?

dorian couldn't dream of that amount of weight, work, effort, intensity or muscle

ronnie also did bench presses in cost of redemption and clearly went to failure. also at weights dorian could never lift on his best day ::)

bluto - you need to admit defeat here. you dont have a leg to stand on.
175lbs by 31st July