Author Topic: Leafybug North Americans hindsight and thoughts  (Read 20309 times)

Army of One

• Getbig V
Re: Leafybug North Americans hindsight and thoughts
« Reply #50 on: September 05, 2011, 03:30:07 AM »
Impressive showing leafy, a few more wrinkles and Bay will move you up a tier

Tito24

• Getbig V
  • I'm a large man but.. one with a plan
« Reply #51 on: September 05, 2011, 03:35:14 AM »
thanks guys your replies are very motivating

The_Leafy_Bug

« Reply #52 on: September 05, 2011, 04:46:17 AM »
thanks guys your replies are very motivating
This* I am planning on going into nursing school i think and will be taking additional college courses in the spring. Preferably a light load. Depending on how this offseason goes will depend if i enter again but if i did it would be to finally attempt to win the Arkansas for good and then move on to different shows.

Army of One

• Getbig V
« Reply #53 on: September 05, 2011, 04:49:26 AM »
This* I am planning on going into nursing school i think and will be taking additional college courses in the spring. Preferably a light load. Depending on how this offseason goes will depend if i enter again but if i did it would be to finally attempt to win the Arkansas for good and then move on to different shows.

Question, do you find that your physique attacts plenty of females?

DK II

• Getbig V
  • Call me 4 steroids: 571-332-2588 or 571-249-4163
« Reply #54 on: September 05, 2011, 04:54:30 AM »

Who gives a fuck about females?

He's a bodybuilder, he goes on stage, he is far beyond that shit. Only gymrats think about impressing women, real bodybuilders build their bodies.

The_Leafy_Bug

« Reply #55 on: September 05, 2011, 04:56:29 AM »
I will say that all the things people say on getbig about men only being attracted to muscles are no more then jealous remarks. Naturally it will attract more people from both sexes but i feel that my quality of life has only improved since i went from being 145 to 200 and i have a much better sense of well being and confidence. All that stuff they say is nothing more then jealous fueled negativity.

Army of One

• Getbig V
« Reply #56 on: September 05, 2011, 05:01:47 AM »
Who gives a fuck about females?

He's a bodybuilder, he goes on stage, he is far beyond that shit. Only gymrats think about impressing women, real bodybuilders build their bodies.

Time of the Month?

DK II

• Getbig V
« Reply #57 on: September 05, 2011, 05:02:37 AM »
I will say that all the things people say on getbig about men only being attracted to muscles are no more then jealous remarks. Naturally it will attract more people from both sexes but i feel that my quality of life has only improved since i went from being 145 to 200 and i have a much better sense of well being and confidence. All that stuff they say is nothing more then jealous fueled negativity.

Spot on.

WillGrant

• Getbig V
  • Ron is Watching
« Reply #58 on: September 05, 2011, 05:04:47 AM »
What kind of stack did Ripitup Cockblocker have leaf on?
;D

DK II

• Getbig V
« Reply #59 on: September 05, 2011, 05:05:42 AM »
Time of the Month?

Bodybuilding is serious business.  ;D ;D ;D

Swede!

• Getbig IV
  • www.letskillsometime.com Direct link in signature
« Reply #60 on: September 05, 2011, 05:20:22 AM »

That's not ButtSuck  ;D (or whatever the name was lol)

oldman

• Getbig III
« Reply #61 on: September 05, 2011, 11:23:38 AM »
can you elaborate on your diet in general, and what you did the last four weeks to come in ripped...

you can pm if you like thanks

The_Leafy_Bug

« Reply #62 on: September 05, 2011, 11:30:38 AM »
can you elaborate on your diet in general, and what you did the last four weeks to come in ripped...

you can pm if you like thanks
It was nothing special. I wouldn't want this diet personally if i had to pick from all the diets i've used in the past because it was more of a crash diet playing catch up from all the fat i gained after my post mono weight gain. When i got mono i tried to put back on the 20lbs i lost and it looked like crap and then i had to play catch up the whole prep. The diet was nothing special. It was about 300 calories less then it was last year so i was around 2400 calories. Last year i was 2700 and this year if everything had worked out perfectly i probably could have been heavier and leaner dieting on 3k but it is what it is and i don't want to make excuses for a lack luster performance. I wasn't as anal about the diet as i usually am so nothing was written down and im giving close estimates here. I was on about 150-175 grams of carbs the last 6 weeks and protein was around 275-325 at times. Fats were probably around 30 grams. I was eating close to 4lbs of meat a day. I interchanged tilapia, chicken, and beef and my carb sources were sweet potatos and rice. Very little suffering was done on this diet. In fact it was on of the easier diets and i didn't really start hurting until the last week. It is all the same bullshit. Honestly that could have been 70 carbs of fruit or whatever... sugar, etc. I have been known to use gatorade in a diet all the way up until the day of the show.

Just be consistent with everything you do and you will get in shape. There is no special diet. There is only consistency.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #63 on: September 05, 2011, 12:10:38 PM »

Right on! It is good to know some people actually think for themselves these days. I my weight gains have been similar to yours. I like how I feel when I have a little weight on, although I never had thoughts of becoming a pro bodybuilder....it has always been just a healthy hobby for me.

Good luck with nursing school. I heard this is a good profession to get into these days. One thing is for sure, there will always be sick people who need nursing care. Have you considered being a physician's assistant?

The_Leafy_Bug

« Reply #64 on: September 05, 2011, 12:31:43 PM »
Right on! It is good to know some people actually think for themselves these days. I my weight gains have been similar to yours. I like how I feel when I have a little weight on, although I never had thoughts of becoming a pro bodybuilder....it has always been just a healthy hobby for me.

Good luck with nursing school. I heard this is a good profession to get into these days. One thing is for sure, there will always be sick people who need nursing care. Have you considered being a physician's assistant?
That was pushed on me but i think CRNA is the path to go as it only requires a masters and the money is good.

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #65 on: September 05, 2011, 12:36:59 PM »
If you're talking about Stan McQuay, no. Sorry, Stan is superior, structure, shape, everything, just shorter. Look at his NPC days, dude was looking his best, especially 02 on conditioning as a middle weight.

Leafy has a great physique though, props to him, but let's not get ahead of ourselves.
absolutley was skinned as middle,with sick legs,great chest,so/so arms ,hard back,delts and good width structure wise as well,not good comparison for leafy..

Butterbean

• Special Guests
  • Getbig V
« Reply #66 on: September 05, 2011, 02:03:55 PM »
Leafy you looked great.
R

ManBearPig...

• Getbig V
  • Professional Fighter
« Reply #67 on: September 05, 2011, 02:56:43 PM »
leafy could make a dollar here and there doing photoshoots for legit hetero magazines, such as mens health etc.  he could even be a "fashion victim" or "before" picture in gq or something.

no homo.

also, i wouldn't take any solicitations from getbig members (unless they pay handsomely, in advance, and no butt play is involved...ok butt play).
Deep Tissue Massage

gh15

• Getbig V
  • angels
« Reply #68 on: September 05, 2011, 03:05:02 PM »
be very careful with the nursing balonie,, most local morons who end up sellign exatacys in clubs and end up washed up wanna be placing 16th in nationals end like ,, they always go to nursing school and it takes them about 9 years to complete it ,, be careful with that,, yes it give you eaiser approach to some products but be careful with that,, dont be just another wanna be ,, be smart,, be honest,, throw noel out,, and you will be fine,,

again listen to me and dotn fall between the chairs,, good luck

gh15 approved
fallen angel

The Wizard of Truth

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Fallen Angel
« Reply #69 on: September 05, 2011, 03:14:56 PM »
Gh15 can you Please elaborate on the nursing being balonie thing

gh15

• Getbig V
  • angels
« Reply #70 on: September 05, 2011, 03:31:36 PM »
most locals who never go anywhee in bodybuild end up being nurses,, it is the esiest approach to what they need ,, they get a lot from hospitals,, they do they do when you are working in hospital you get by ....especialy outside americana ,, but if you notice most nurses....that are bodybuild,,are usualy amateurs who also drug deal and in reality they never place in nationals,, i dont know why but they all take nursing ,, notice it next time you look around,,

nursing is good job though,, if you can be serious and honest....and be bodybuilder should be ok

gh15 approved
fallen angel

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
« Reply #71 on: September 05, 2011, 03:34:03 PM »
most locals who never go anywhee in bodybuild end up being nurses,, it is the esiest approach to what they need ,, they get a lot from hospitals,, they do they do when you are working in hospital you get by ....especialy outside americana ,, but if you notice most nurses....that are bodybuild,,are usualy amateurs who also drug deal and in reality they never place in nationals,, i dont know why but they all take nursing ,, notice it next time you look around,,

nursing is good job though,, if you can be serious and honest....and be bodybuilder should be ok

gh15 approved
Thats not why he is doing it.

apply85

• Getbig IV
« Reply #72 on: September 05, 2011, 03:34:08 PM »

gh15 approved

There's nurses making 6 figures

The_Leafy_Bug

« Reply #73 on: September 05, 2011, 06:13:45 PM »
Thats not why he is doing it.
Exactly. The end goal is CRNA school. I would never jeopardize a job for something that minuscule and petty. Medicine is in my blood and this is the quickest and easier route to a good career. I need a job where i can use my brain. Im tired of being a mindless data entry drone or a work horse lifting big heavy objects because "i have muscles". I need a job where they can say, "Ya know i really don't like this guy but we need him". I guess little Donald Brook finally broke me down Adam hahahaha. The goal is to have everything set by November to be ready to take prereqs for spring. I'll need about a year of math and sciences and i'll be working full time and training equally hard during this time.

hazbin

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #74 on: September 05, 2011, 07:40:21 PM »
he shoudl compete every single year once!,, he shoudl do the nationals or usa or north american every year until he win pro card,, this is pro card for sure,, this is nto maybe ,, he just need 20lb of lean muscle tissue and that means true lean tissue on him not 20 lb of fat water and muscle but same thing with extra 20lb of muscle tissue,, it is not easy but its def not hard ..he is a kid ,, this is pro material

gh15 approved

i agree. i only competed every 2 - 5 years and never got a good look from the judges.