Author Topic: Anyone here worth over 10 million?  (Read 17086 times)

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
Re: Anyone here worth over 10 million?
« Reply #75 on: June 04, 2014, 02:53:37 PM »
Not me, but my (wifes) family is worth somewhere around $30-$50mil as a guesstimate.

Bear232

• Getbig II
« Reply #76 on: June 04, 2014, 02:56:03 PM »
10,000,000 pesos.

Easy. ;)

Dago_Joe

• Getbig III
  • Better to look good than to feel good: ALWAYS
« Reply #77 on: June 04, 2014, 04:24:54 PM »
Obama saw to it that i never have more than one paycheck at a time in net w0rth.  Hooooooope and Chaaaaaaaaaaaaaaange.

Devon97

• Getbig V
  • Keith lives on...
« Reply #78 on: June 04, 2014, 04:31:53 PM »
Still on the job.

THey say the first million is always the hardest!

Devon97

• Getbig V
  • Keith lives on...
« Reply #79 on: June 04, 2014, 05:18:42 PM »

honest

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #80 on: June 04, 2014, 05:28:16 PM »
Half invested in cashflow business, for the higher yield. half invested in property trust lower yield but less headaches, will look to move more into property as I get older as I become less patient with running the higher yielding cashflow business.

Tedim

• Getbig V
  • "Ну GetBig, ну погоди"
« Reply #81 on: June 04, 2014, 05:29:22 PM »
Half invested in cashflow business, for the higher yield. half invested in property trust lower yield but less headaches, will look to move more into property as I get older as I become less patient with running the higher yielding cashflow business.

What kind of business?

thebrink

• Getbig V
« Reply #82 on: June 04, 2014, 07:36:09 PM »
There are even a couple trillionaires on getbig actually.

forillagorilla

• Getbig IV
« Reply #83 on: June 04, 2014, 07:47:49 PM »
This is not the site for this type of question and I didn't even read the retarded ass replies. If you are looking for genuine advice or just a story of mega ups and downs a shoot me a pm

POB

• Getbig IV
« Reply #84 on: June 04, 2014, 11:18:18 PM »
Was invested in a penny gold mining stock that was restricted with a sell date a few months away. Stock went from .001 up to .10 a share.  My investment on paper was worth $5.7 million but I couldn't sell, a few weeks later it turns out their discovery of a potential gold mine was complete bullshit, the surveyor had a helicopter accident and the stock tumbled and delisted.  Lost about $25K total as I bought at different price points.  Oh well.

I've learned that you should take at least your investment out when it doubles and it doesn't get much better than 3 or 4 times the investment before a major pullback happens. Oh well live and learn

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #85 on: June 04, 2014, 11:28:19 PM »
Anyone here who might be worth over 10 million won't admit it here or to anyone anywhere else unless absolutely necessary in private.

And it won't be anyone posting up pics of expensive watches and leased vehicles.

I drive a 2004 Mazda 6. I don't care what time it is because I'm not on someone else's clock.

gib

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #86 on: June 05, 2014, 12:20:12 AM »

Thanks. What kind of business are you referring to?

gib

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #87 on: June 05, 2014, 12:22:53 AM »
I have two good friends with considerably more than a misely $10,000,000, buy they are never truly happy.

Each of them worry way too much about their investments and both wives are planning to depart  with half their assets (divorce).

And 80% of you GetBiggers know each of them by name.

I know a number who are over 10m and who are very happy. But I agree all are aware they need to watch their investments. That's how you get there in the first place. So how do they presently allocate their assets/investments?

gib

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #88 on: June 05, 2014, 12:23:40 AM »
Not me, but my (wifes) family is worth somewhere around $30-$50mil as a guesstimate.

Nice! How have they allocated their money/investments?

Tedim

• Getbig V
  • "Ну GetBig, ну погоди"
« Reply #89 on: June 05, 2014, 03:13:08 AM »
By the time individuals get to 10 million in investments their portfolio is customized, tailer made to how they got there. If you're coming into 10m cold your best bet is 9.5 million in low risk shit interest vehicles and 500k of fuck it up or get rich money, if you loose it than you're not built for self employment.

James28

• Getbig V
  • toilet roll of peace
« Reply #90 on: June 05, 2014, 03:21:17 AM »
My CEO's compensation for 2013 were just over 26mil. Not bad money

gib

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #91 on: June 05, 2014, 07:15:50 AM »
By the time individuals get to 10 million in investments their portfolio is customized, tailer made to how they got there. If you're coming into 10m cold your best bet is 9.5 million in low risk shit interest vehicles and 500k of fuck it up or get rich money, if you loose it than you're not built for self employment.

Yep. Agree and know what you mean. But sometimes you get there and want to relook at things. Perhaps focus more on avoiding losing what you have, rather than aggressively making more. Which is why I'm asking how others in this range are allocated. What makes it tough right now is that many assets are expensive and cost of borrowing will only rise going forward. Which makes me think most assets might fall when rates rise. Which makes me think it's worth keeping a larger than usual allocation to cash (ready to reinvest upon another big correction).

FitnessFrenzy

• Getbig V
  • evolving
« Reply #92 on: June 05, 2014, 07:19:53 AM »

gmflex

• Getbig V
  • The Empire lives...you rebel scum!!!
« Reply #93 on: June 05, 2014, 07:24:25 AM »
How ironic that all the vehicles and the house were leased..
Tried to play the rich card..
A couple of years later he had Shawn Ray taking donations for him to cover his medical
And leaving expenses... ;D

Tedim

• Getbig V
  • "Ну GetBig, ну погоди"
« Reply #94 on: June 05, 2014, 07:32:33 AM »
Yep. Agree and know what you mean. But sometimes you get there and want to relook at things. Perhaps focus more on avoiding losing what you have, rather than aggressively making more. Which is why I'm asking how others in this range are allocated. What makes it tough right now is that many assets are expensive and cost of borrowing will only rise going forward. Which makes me think most assets might fall when rates rise. Which makes me think it's worth keeping a larger than usual allocation to cash (ready to reinvest upon another big correction).

deleverage assets, concentrate on your sector of business that got you there financially, stay within you competence JMO

for example when I purchase equipment I get a 2% trade bonus for prepayment, doesnt sound like a lot but on 200K in equipment its 4K and when financing funds (30-60 days) I get a return of 12-24% per annum

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #95 on: June 05, 2014, 07:46:32 AM »
I've learned that you should take at least your investment out when it doubles and it doesn't get much better than 3 or 4 times the investment before a major pullback happens. Oh well live and learn

Problem was stock was restricted so I couldn't sell.  it was a pure pump and dump by the execs of the company leaving the shareholders with nothing

Mr. MB

• Getbig III
« Reply #96 on: June 05, 2014, 07:54:07 AM »

Is there a state left that has either of those two data points, let alone both?

I have move all of my RE assets to Arizona. Also note that each state has pockets of prosperity that need to be sought out. Taxifornia for example. There is a "Return of the Snowbirds" to Arizona. Retirees with nice pensions are again flocking to the sun. Traffic at the stoplights in Scottsdale. I live 200 miles to the east high in a pine forest where traffic is 2 cars.

Arizona Outlook: A Little Better This Year
The forecast calls for a modest acceleration in Arizona’s job growth this year, with the rate rising from 2.1% in 2013 to 2.4% in 2014. As Exhibit 3 shows, the state’s job growth continues improve in 2015 and 2016. Keep in mind that even at 3.6%, job growth remains well below the average rate posted during the 30 years before the Great Recession (4.1% per year from 1977-2007). Thus, even though employment growth is expected to accelerate, the pace of activity will likely feel a bit slow.

Exhibit 3: Arizona's Job Growth Continues to Improve in the Near-Term - Arizona Forecast Summary
Exhibit 3: Arizona’s Job Growth Continues to Improve in the Near-Term
 Arizona’s job growth rises in the near term in part due to less federal fiscal drag. We do not expect a repeat of the 2013 payroll tax increase, the sequester, or the government shutdown. In addition, state growth benefits from the continued recovery of the housing sector.

Employment gains during the 2013-2016 period will be concentrated in the service-providing sectors, with trade, transportation, and utilities; professional and business services; and education and health services adding the most jobs. Within the goods-producing sector, construction jobs increase the most, which reflects the continued housing recovery.

Housing permits are expected to rise from 23,765 in 2013 to 51,409 by 2016. Gains are expected in both single-family and multi-family permits. The housing recovery is driven by improved population growth, which rises from 1.3% in 2013 to 1.9% by 2016. In turn, faster population gains reflect rising residential mobility across the U.S., driven by an accelerating national economy. Increased residential mobility translates into more net migration, which fuels faster state population gains.

Arizona’s real per capita income rises in 2014 after a rough 2013. The forecast calls for growth to accelerate to 1.2% in 2014 and again in 2015 to 2.4%. That reflects in part the reduced federal fiscal drag in 2014 as well as stronger job growth.

Aggregate retail sales (the sum of retail sales less food, restaurant and bar sales, food sales, and gas sales) decelerates in 2014, reflecting in part the large one-time reallocation of sales from the use tax into retail sales less food in 2013. Retail sales pick up in 2015, reflecting faster income growth.

Phoenix and Tucson are also expected to gain momentum in the near term. Job growth in Phoenix is forecast to accelerate from 2.8% in 2013 to 3.2% in 2014 and to 3.5% in 2015. Similarly, employment growth is forecast to accelerate in Tucson, rising from 0.7% in 2013 to 1.1% in 2014 and again to 2.0% in 2015. After peaking in 2017, growth gradually decelerates for both metropolitan areas during the remaining forecast period. This reflects the impact of the aging of the baby boom generation, with lower labor force growth driving slower overall economic gains.

SamoanIrishman

• Getbig IV
  • Why stress the little people..
« Reply #97 on: June 05, 2014, 11:49:12 AM »
We all have at least 10 million minimum,and own at least one private island........it`s a getbig prerequisite dude!!

Geeze I thought everyone knew this already...don't forget the 10" cocks we are all swinging ::)

Lustral

• Getbig V
  • FREE NOODLES
« Reply #98 on: June 05, 2014, 02:44:56 PM »
I wipe my ass with 10 million dollars.

would love to be that ass

Devon97

• Getbig V
  • Keith lives on...
« Reply #99 on: June 05, 2014, 03:17:31 PM »
I know for a fact at least one GB'er who's worth a mill.

He'd get mad as hell if I named him b/c he's very modest.