Author Topic: Ronnie Coleman at His Best Couldn't Beat Cutler '09  (Read 38023 times)

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
Re: Ronnie Coleman at His Best Couldn't Beat Cutler '09
« Reply #75 on: October 01, 2009, 08:06:05 PM »
Gimme a break! Is there even a need for this thread? Jays upper body while large and full no lines  or cuts through his chest or shoulders. Ronnie is shredded, lines everywhere and bigger too. Dorian squashes Jay like a bug also. Delete thread please

apparently yes, because there are morons on this board (that work with flowers lol) that think Jay would push Ronnie hard. LOL

::)
Flower Boy Ran Away

Royal Lion

• Getbig IV
« Reply #76 on: October 01, 2009, 08:09:57 PM »
I don't think 09 push an "on" Ronnie at all; however, if Coleman was off, e.g. 2001/2002 (Cutler did push him in 01) then Cutler would be close. 

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
« Reply #77 on: October 01, 2009, 08:17:45 PM »
I don't think 09 push an "on" Ronnie at all

you and ND need to have a debate then.

he thinks jay 09 would give ronnie " a run for his money"

LOL

I love it when ND demonstrates his lack of knowledge for all the board to see.

actually, he does it each time he posts, but his comments on this thread are setting new record of stupidity even for him 8)
Flower Boy Ran Away

Mr.1derful

• Getbig V
« Reply #78 on: October 01, 2009, 08:59:02 PM »
I don't want to take anything away from Jay - he dominated as illustrated by his winning with straight firsts.  In addition, he had that WOW factor as soon as he took the stage...he looked cartoonish on stage.

This being said he is not on the same level as Ronnie.  Ronnie had the symmetry, shape, and detail of Dexter but was much, much bigger.  Bottom line is that Ronnie would look as big or bigger than Jay (without the blockiness and wide waist), and would have much better detail and shape.  Further, Jay was nowhere near Ronnie in terms of conditioning and dryness in the back.

I would agree that at his best, Ronnie projected a physique bigger than his was, due to his conditioning.  That said, I believe people are under a slight misapprehension with regard to Ronnie's actual comparative size.  In 1998 while reputedly just under or around the 250 pound mark, he hardly out muscled the likes of a Kevin Levrone.  He out conditioned him.  Jay, at over 270 conditioned pounds, would look much larger than 1998 Ronnie in a variety of aspects.  Ronnie would still have the edge in conditioning and overall detail, to be sure.  However, I believe people discount how good Jay really is when on his game.  I would lean towards Ronnie edging out a win under such a scenario, but it would be much closer than people would like to believe.

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
« Reply #79 on: October 01, 2009, 09:08:36 PM »
no it wouldn't

all jay has is legs.

you need more than that to beat Ronnie Coleman, even if you do outweigh his 99 prime by about 12 pounds:
Flower Boy Ran Away

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
« Reply #80 on: October 01, 2009, 09:12:49 PM »
 :'(

a run for his money my ass: ::)
Flower Boy Ran Away

kiwiol

• Getbig V
  • Who is John Galt?
« Reply #81 on: October 01, 2009, 09:40:05 PM »
:'(

a run for his money my ass: ::)

Jay is destroying Ronnie there with sheer size and thickness :o

bigkahuna

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #82 on: October 01, 2009, 10:03:22 PM »
Maybe if Ronnie didnt do 800 pound deads, 500 pound benches and stuck to FST 7 we would not be having this discussion!  ;D

The_Hammer

• Getbig V
  • President Barack Obama -- 2 Term U.S. President
« Reply #83 on: October 01, 2009, 11:15:03 PM »

Ronnie looks very narrow compared to Cutler.

Emmortal

• Getbig V
« Reply #84 on: October 01, 2009, 11:38:49 PM »

Hardly, it's a different pose so obviously he's going to look narrower.  Jay was and probably even more so now a bit wider than Coleman was, it was evident in the RLS.  But just being wider doesn't really mean shit when Coleman owns the shit out of Cutler in every other way (minus calves).

kiwiol

• Getbig V
  • Who is John Galt?
« Reply #85 on: October 01, 2009, 11:56:13 PM »

This is 2004, where Ronnie was at his heaviest / biggest (and better than 2003). You can see how Jay is just as big in most poses.

And then consider that he was much bigger and drier and in better shape last weekend at the Olympia. I think Ronnie deserved all of his victories and even 2006, perhaps. But 2009 Mr Olympia Jay would probably be just as big as Ronnie at his biggest.

Emmortal

• Getbig V
« Reply #86 on: October 02, 2009, 12:13:27 AM »
And then consider that he was much bigger and drier and in better shape last weekend at the Olympia. I think Ronnie deserved all of his victories and even 2006, perhaps. But 2009 Mr Olympia Jay would probably be just as big as Ronnie at his biggest.

Jay said he came in in the low 260's high 250's this year IIRC.

Alex23

« Reply #87 on: October 02, 2009, 12:27:37 AM »
nice joke ... but not funny

stfu bomber boy.

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
  • Go back to making jewelry and cakes with your girl
« Reply #88 on: October 02, 2009, 01:12:15 AM »
dorian REALLY needs to stop hitting arm shots like this. its embarassing.. :-\

it would be like Ronnie running around hitting ab shots and calves shots all the time..

at least he is smart enough not to show off his weaknesses when he can..

yeah because you can't see Ronnie's ' calves ' in every pose  ;D

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #89 on: October 02, 2009, 01:19:25 AM »
apparently yes, because there are morons on this board (that work with flowers lol) that think Jay would push Ronnie hard. LOL

2001 Jay pushed Ronnie to the limit and beat him in the prejudging if you don't think and even bigger Jay with improved conditioning couldn't push Ronnie 1998/1999 than it's indicative of your ignorance

That's your problem you built Ronnie up to this unbeatable machine when you look at his career he's been very beatable and I'm not even saying he would beat him just give him a run for his money but you never have been that bright

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #90 on: October 02, 2009, 01:25:10 AM »
I would agree that at his best, Ronnie projected a physique bigger than his was, due to his conditioning.  That said, I believe people are under a slight misapprehension with regard to Ronnie's actual comparative size.  In 1998 while reputedly just under or around the 250 pound mark, he hardly out muscled the likes of a Kevin Levrone.  He out conditioned him.  Jay, at over 270 conditioned pounds, would look much larger than 1998 Ronnie in a variety of aspects.  Ronnie would still have the edge in conditioning and overall detail, to be sure.  However, I believe people discount how good Jay really is when on his game.  I would lean towards Ronnie edging out a win under such a scenario, but it would be much closer than people would like to believe.

Oh no don't say that . Ronnie at 250 pounds is the biggest ever no one could possibly be bigger lmfao he just barely beat a much lighter Flex Wheeler these guys don't think an even bigger shorter Jay would give him a run for his money , NOT BEAT him mind you just give him a handful  ;D

Here is Ronnie and Kevin 1998 weighing exactly the same 249 pounds Ronnie is killing him on density but size wise? NOPE

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #91 on: October 02, 2009, 01:31:33 AM »

NO don't say that , fan-boys get upset  ;D you can't possibly say someone is beating Ronnie on size & thickness  ::) despite being 5'8" and 270 pounds compared to Ronnie's 5'11" and 249 pounds

these guys like Dorian just don't like Jay's physique and can't look past their own biases and be honest with themselves Jay would certainly give Ronnie a run for his money if he's lighter no doubts about it

Matt C

• Getbig V
  • The White Vince Goodrum
« Reply #92 on: October 02, 2009, 01:35:41 AM »
I really doubt 2009 Jay would be as big as 2003 Ronnie.
Bodybuilding Pro.com

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #93 on: October 02, 2009, 01:42:59 AM »
Typical Hulkster viewing Dorian with his blind hate  ::)  If you don't think that shot is impressive, you're an idiot plain and simple! Dorian never had Ronnie biceps, but his arms were still huge.

Hulkster knows Dorian is better that's why he tries so hard to tear him down  ;D and Ronnie certainly knows he couldn't touch Yates

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #94 on: October 02, 2009, 01:45:05 AM »
I really doubt 2009 Jay would be as big as 2003 Ronnie.

in certain poses Jay of 2003 didn't get dwarfed from Ronnie 2003

Emmortal

• Getbig V
« Reply #95 on: October 02, 2009, 02:19:20 AM »
in certain poses Jay of 2003 didn't get dwarfed from Ronnie 2003

Dwarfed? No.  Getting owned? Fuck yes.

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
« Reply #96 on: October 02, 2009, 03:46:36 AM »
Hardly, it's a different pose so obviously he's going to look narrower.  Jay was and probably even more so now a bit wider than Coleman was, it was evident in the RLS.  But just being wider doesn't really mean shit when Coleman owns the shit out of Cutler in every other way (minus calves).

yup.

saying that Jay 09 would push peak Ronnie is the same has trying to argue that Paul Dillett would have done the same thing.

after all, paul was bigger and wider...and thats about the only advantage he would have.

same with Jay.

its the same, from Jay's comparatively weak back and everything..
Flower Boy Ran Away

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
« Reply #97 on: October 02, 2009, 03:48:31 AM »
2001 Jay pushed Ronnie to the limit and beat him in the prejudging if you don't think and even bigger Jay with improved conditioning couldn't push Ronnie 1998/1999 than it's indicative of your ignorance

so, you whole argument rests on the fact that in 2001 Jay pushed ronnie in one of his worst ever physique presenations? ::)

and therefore 09 jay would push a peak ronnie even though a peak ronnie compared to 2001 Ronnie was like night and day? ::)

god damn your dumb.. :-\

have fun with the flowers today..
Flower Boy Ran Away

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #98 on: October 02, 2009, 11:22:18 AM »
so, you whole argument rests on the fact that in 2001 Jay pushed ronnie in one of his worst ever physique presenations? ::)

and therefore 09 jay would push a peak ronnie even though a peak ronnie compared to 2001 Ronnie was like night and day? ::)

god damn your dumb.. :-\

Who said my whole argument rests on that stupid? who? please find where I said that ( you can't ) you draw your own conclusions and then respond to them how fucking idiotic are you?

peak Ronnie I said 1998/2001? I said Jay would have a clear advantage in muscular bulk , I also Ronnie would beat him dummy , I know you're stupid but try following the conversation .

One of Ronnie's worse physique presentations? that would be 06/07 where Jay beat him , 2001 he was closer to his prime showing ( which was at the ASC ) he was off but still good enough to win

Mr.1derful

• Getbig V
« Reply #99 on: October 02, 2009, 11:36:59 AM »

god damn your you're dumb.. :-\

The irony.