Author Topic: Kaepernick will sit through anthem until there's change  (Read 58569 times)

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
Re: Kaepernick will sit through anthem until there's change
« Reply #325 on: December 14, 2016, 06:49:57 PM »
I don't do crossfit fatty
whatever little guy... go do burpees

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #326 on: December 15, 2016, 07:33:20 AM »
whatever little guy... go do burpees

Hey fatso - tune in tonight to History Channel - Selection - thats more like the stuff i am doing. 

BTW - 5 burpees would put you in cardiac arrest 

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #327 on: December 15, 2016, 11:19:47 AM »
More Evidence That Colin Kaepernick’s Anti-American Protest Hurting The NFL
Breitbart - AP ^ | 12-15-2016 | Warner Todd Huston
Posted on 12/15/2016, 1:31:06 PM by blam

Warner Todd Huston
December 15, 2016

An article at SportingNews.com warns the National Football League not to ignore the growing number of NFL fans who have checked out over the constant anti-American protests indulged by San Francisco 49ers quarterback Colin Kaepernick and other NFL players. In his December 13th piece, Sporting News writer Michael McCarthy highlights fans who have grown sick and tired of the anti-Americanism infesting their national pastime.

“This has left such a bad taste in my mouth,” one 46-year-old elementary school teacher and now former football fan told McCarthy. “I don’t know if I can ever forgive them to tell you the truth. I don’t know if I’ll get the opportunity to find out. But it’s not looking good. They may have lost a fan for life.”

McCarthy goes on to focus on a Twitter hashtag campaign NFL fans use to express their outrage over the protests infesting their entertainment.

“Using the hashtag #BoycottNFL,” McCarthy wrote, “a small-but-vocal group of NFL fans have lodged their own protest against Kaepernick’s protest by refusing to watch game telecasts.”

McCarthy goes on to point out that the NFL has seen a double-digit plunge in ratings over the numbers seen in 2015, a drop that “has puzzled the league,” McCarthy writes. The sportswriter reminds readers that NFL officials and TV executives have steadfastly refused to accept the idea that Kaepernick’s anti-American protests play any part in the ratings crash.

But McCarthy warns that this penchant to dismiss fans who oppose the protests is likely a big mistake.

“All along,” McCarthy writes, fans have found themselves “mystified by why the NFL (which clamped down on the Cowboys for trying to honor slain police officers in Dallas) passively allowed Kaepernick to hijack its name,” and use the NFL

(snip)

(Excerpt) Read more at breitbart.com ...

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #328 on: June 07, 2017, 08:02:41 AM »
 :'(

Black Lives Matter Leader Calls for NFL Boycott Over Kaepernick 'Blackballing'
Jun 07, 2017 // 7:45am
As seen on Fox & Friends

'Hostile, Separatist and Crazy': Tucker Battles Supporter of 'Blacks-Only' Memorial Day Party

Daily News columnist and Black Lives Matter leader Shaun King announced Tuesday he is boycotting the National Football League for allegedly blacklisting Colin Kaepernick.

Kaepernick, who started a nationwide trend with his controversial decision to kneel during the pre-game national anthem to protest racial injustice in America, has not been signed by an NFL team since he opted out of his contract with the San Francisco 49ers in March.

“I can’t, in good conscience, support this league, with many of its pro-Trump owners, as it blacklists my friend and brother Colin Kaepernick for taking a silent, peaceful stance against injustice and police brutality in America,” King wrote in the Daily News. “It’s disgusting and has absolutely nothing to do with football and everything to do with penalizing a brilliant young man for the principled stance he took last season.”

King said Kaepernick remains unsigned because of racism, bigotry and discrimination.

"As a leader in the Black Lives Matter Movement, as a voice in the resistance to Donald Trump, and as a friend of Colin Kaepernick, I cannot, in good conscience, support the NFL any longer. If I did, I'd struggle to look my own son in the eyes or look at myself in the mirror," King concluded.

Shaun King ✔ @ShaunKing
I'm boycotting the @NFL because of their bigotry & blacklisting of Colin Kaepernick. It's gone way too far. http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/king-boycotting-nfl-anti-blackness-article-1.3225720

Shaun King ✔ @ShaunKing
@NFL If you call the decisions by 32 teams to not sign this man a football decision, you probably voted for Donald Trumphttp://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/king-boycotting-nfl-anti-blackness-article-1.3225720 …
2:46 AM - 7 Jun 2017
Photo published for KING: I'm boycotting the NFL because of its anti-blackness
KING: I'm boycotting the NFL because of its anti-blackness
I love sports. Since I was a young boy, they've been one of the greatest passions of my life.
nydailynews.com
  82 82 Retweets   304 304 likes

Shaun King ✔ @ShaunKing
This is the truth about the @NFL.

Several current players in the league have told me this very thing. https://twitter.com/MrTracyJ/status/872438172738781184
3:03 AM - 7 Jun 2017
  288 288 Retweets   529 529 likes

On "Fox & Friends" this morning, Star Parker, founder and president of The Center for Urban Renewal and Education, argued that NFL teams are staying away from Kaepernick because they don't want to deal with the drama surrounding him.

She said King has a right to boycott the NFL, since we live in a free society.

"However, that said, what we cannot allow to happen is ourselves reduced to mob rule, which is what Black Lives Matter's all about," Parker said. "We battle in the voting booth in a free society."

"Black Lives Matter needs to just get off of the political stage and go about their business [and] lives, and then get out the polls the next time if they really want Democrats in control."

Watch more above and check out Tucker's must-see interview with a supporter of a Black Lives Matter "blacks-only" Memorial Day party.

http://insider.foxnews.com/2017/06/07/black-lives-matter-leader-shaun-king-calls-nfl-boycott-over-colin-kaepernick-blackballing

jude2

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #329 on: June 07, 2017, 09:53:57 PM »
Good luck with that.

Pray_4_War

• Getbig V
  • Thot Expert
« Reply #330 on: June 08, 2017, 01:49:34 AM »
:'(

Black Lives Matter Leader Calls for NFL Boycott Over Kaepernick 'Blackballing'
Jun 07, 2017 // 7:45am
As seen on Fox & Friends

'Hostile, Separatist and Crazy': Tucker Battles Supporter of 'Blacks-Only' Memorial Day Party

Daily News columnist and Black Lives Matter leader Shaun King announced Tuesday he is boycotting the National Football League for allegedly blacklisting Colin Kaepernick.

Kaepernick, who started a nationwide trend with his controversial decision to kneel during the pre-game national anthem to protest racial injustice in America, has not been signed by an NFL team since he opted out of his contract with the San Francisco 49ers in March.

“I can’t, in good conscience, support this league, with many of its pro-Trump owners, as it blacklists my friend and brother Colin Kaepernick for taking a silent, peaceful stance against injustice and police brutality in America,” King wrote in the Daily News. “It’s disgusting and has absolutely nothing to do with football and everything to do with penalizing a brilliant young man for the principled stance he took last season.”

King said Kaepernick remains unsigned because of racism, bigotry and discrimination.

"As a leader in the Black Lives Matter Movement, as a voice in the resistance to Donald Trump, and as a friend of Colin Kaepernick, I cannot, in good conscience, support the NFL any longer. If I did, I'd struggle to look my own son in the eyes or look at myself in the mirror," King concluded.

Shaun King ✔ @ShaunKing
I'm boycotting the @NFL because of their bigotry & blacklisting of Colin Kaepernick. It's gone way too far. http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/king-boycotting-nfl-anti-blackness-article-1.3225720

Shaun King ✔ @ShaunKing
@NFL If you call the decisions by 32 teams to not sign this man a football decision, you probably voted for Donald Trumphttp://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/king-boycotting-nfl-anti-blackness-article-1.3225720 …
2:46 AM - 7 Jun 2017
Photo published for KING: I'm boycotting the NFL because of its anti-blackness
KING: I'm boycotting the NFL because of its anti-blackness
I love sports. Since I was a young boy, they've been one of the greatest passions of my life.
nydailynews.com
  82 82 Retweets   304 304 likes

Shaun King ✔ @ShaunKing
This is the truth about the @NFL.

Several current players in the league have told me this very thing. https://twitter.com/MrTracyJ/status/872438172738781184
3:03 AM - 7 Jun 2017
  288 288 Retweets   529 529 likes

On "Fox & Friends" this morning, Star Parker, founder and president of The Center for Urban Renewal and Education, argued that NFL teams are staying away from Kaepernick because they don't want to deal with the drama surrounding him.

She said King has a right to boycott the NFL, since we live in a free society.

"However, that said, what we cannot allow to happen is ourselves reduced to mob rule, which is what Black Lives Matter's all about," Parker said. "We battle in the voting booth in a free society."

"Black Lives Matter needs to just get off of the political stage and go about their business [and] lives, and then get out the polls the next time if they really want Democrats in control."

Watch more above and check out Tucker's must-see interview with a supporter of a Black Lives Matter "blacks-only" Memorial Day party.

http://insider.foxnews.com/2017/06/07/black-lives-matter-leader-shaun-king-calls-nfl-boycott-over-colin-kaepernick-blackballing

Whatever you say whiteboy.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #331 on: June 08, 2017, 04:11:21 PM »
Guy is mediocre passer at best and likes to run. I would take him as a back up but he would want starter money.

I definitely think that his actions have scared off some teams but if he was a good starting qb he would have a job no doubt

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #332 on: June 08, 2017, 04:13:24 PM »
Guy is mediocre passer at best and likes to run. I would take him as a back up but he would want starter money.

I definitely think that his actions have scared off some teams but if he was a good starting qb he would have a job no doubt

He was close to being a Super Bowl champion just a few years ago and had Jaworski saying he could be the greatest QB in NFL history.  Turned out to be an overstatement, but he's got a lot of talent. 

That said, I'm glad he's gone.  I thought his protest was incredibly disrespectful.  He is getting what he deserves. 

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #333 on: June 08, 2017, 05:06:41 PM »

I wonder if Kap will kneel during the playing of "Oh Canda " ? ;)

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #334 on: June 09, 2017, 04:51:21 PM »
He was close to being a Super Bowl champion just a few years ago and had Jaworski saying he could be the greatest QB in NFL history.  Turned out to be an overstatement, but he's got a lot of talent. 

That said, I'm glad he's gone.  I thought his protest was incredibly disrespectful.  He is getting what he deserves. 
Yea that was with a bad ass defense and frank gore. I mean seriously nobody had even heard of Navarro bowman at that time b/c Patrick Willis was playing, i think they had Aldon smith playin then too.

I remember one or two games he had in the playoffs that year which i believe consisted of home running for more yard than he passed for.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #335 on: June 09, 2017, 07:57:05 PM »
Yea that was with a bad ass defense and frank gore. I mean seriously nobody had even heard of Navarro bowman at that time b/c Patrick Willis was playing, i think they had Aldon smith playin then too.

I remember one or two games he had in the playoffs that year which i believe consisted of home running for more yard than he passed for.

It wasn't just the D and running game.  He was a stud for a brief moment in time.  Lethal.   

I watched him play in person several times when Nevada came to Hawaii, and I was never impressed with him as a passer.  I thought the "pistol" offense they ran hid his defects.  I said he would have to make a believer out of when the Niners drafted him.  And he did. 

But then the wheels fell off.  Part of that was injury, part was losing Harbaugh, part was the depletion of talent around him.  He has to have the right system. 

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #336 on: June 09, 2017, 08:36:21 PM »
It wasn't just the D and running game.  He was a stud for a brief moment in time.  Lethal.   

I watched him play in person several times when Nevada came to Hawaii, and I was never impressed with him as a passer.  I thought the "pistol" offense they ran hid his defects.  I said he would have to make a believer out of when the Niners drafted him.  And he did. 

But then the wheels fell off.  Part of that was injury, part was losing Harbaugh, part was the depletion of talent around him.  He has to have the right system. 
If you have to have an all star quality team around you to be great then you probably aren't the guy.

They had Vernon Davis, Mario manningham, Michael Crabtree, frank gore and a pro bowl defense on its own. He did a good job but with that much talent around him he just needed not to lose.

There's a lot to be said for that, look at flacco he won a Super Bowl by letting his team do its thing and not losing games himself.

But is he a Big Ben, Andrew luck, russel wilson, tom Brady? Shit no, i would take Kirk cousins over him

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #337 on: June 09, 2017, 08:42:05 PM »
If you have to have an all star quality team around you to be great then you probably aren't the guy.

They had Vernon Davis, Mario manningham, Michael Crabtree, frank gore and a pro bowl defense on its own. He did a good job but with that much talent around him he just needed not to lose.

There's a lot to be said for that, look at flacco he won a Super Bowl by letting his team do its thing and not losing games himself.

But is he a Big Ben, Andrew luck, russel wilson, tom Brady? Shit no, i would take Kirk cousins over him

I wouldn't say that.  Some QBs need a better supporting cast and a certain system more than others. 

He was a couple minutes away from winning a Super Bowl.  And a play away from getting there a second time.  Did you watch him play during his run?  The reason why Jaws said he could be the best ever is because he was balling. 

But today?  I wouldn't want him on my team. 

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #338 on: June 16, 2017, 06:35:46 AM »
I wouldn't say that.  Some QBs need a better supporting cast and a certain system more than others. 

He was a couple minutes away from winning a Super Bowl.  And a play away from getting there a second time.  Did you watch him play during his run?  The reason why Jaws said he could be the best ever is because he was balling. 

But today?  I wouldn't want him on my team. 
Yea I watched him and I'll say again a good part of his success as a qb was the supporting cast as well as his ability to run the ball. which is a big part of it for me. Sorry I don't want a running qb, they don't last. He ran for more yards than he threw for!!!!! That will win you a game here or there but it's not sustainable.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #339 on: June 16, 2017, 06:38:49 AM »
https://www.google.com/amp/nypost.com/2013/01/13/qb-colin-kaepernick-rushes-for-181-yards-as-49ers-top-packers/amp/

This is probably one of the games in which you remember as his prime. Yea I want a guy who is going to get it done and win but do I want him to rely on the run? No bc that's why we have a running back

Beefjake

• Getbig IV
  • Oh fuck it.
« Reply #340 on: June 16, 2017, 11:15:54 AM »
MondayMorningQB has a good article on Kaepernick.

- He needs to better in the pocket to have a job. Nobody wants to have different offence for their back up qb.

I agree

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit

Fuzzy Nuts

« Reply #342 on: June 19, 2017, 02:19:20 PM »
This dumbass just doesn't know when to keep quiet.

http://insider.foxnews.com/2017/06/18/colin-kaepernick-police-fugitive-slave-patrols-philando-castile-verdict
Oh the irony.

Kaepernick needs to do some box squats and tire flips.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #343 on: June 19, 2017, 04:21:19 PM »
https://www.google.com/amp/nypost.com/2013/01/13/qb-colin-kaepernick-rushes-for-181-yards-as-49ers-top-packers/amp/

This is probably one of the games in which you remember as his prime. Yea I want a guy who is going to get it done and win but do I want him to rely on the run? No bc that's why we have a running back

He wasn't just a running QB.  That was an incredible game where he ran and passed for about 180 yards each.  But what did he do in his next game against the Packers?  Passed for 412 yards and only ran for 22.  http://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/201309080sfo.htm

In his two really good years (2012 and 2013) he had the following:

2012:  1814 yards passing, 10 TDs, 3 INTs, 415 yards rushing, 5 TDs
2013:  3197 yards passing, 21 TDs, 8 INTs, 524 yards rushing, 4 TDs

That version of Kaepernick is pretty darn good and not simply a running QB. 

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #344 on: June 19, 2017, 04:58:43 PM »
Oh the irony.

Kaepernick needs to do some box squats and tire flips.

I don't do tire flips with QB's. Thanks for the input.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #345 on: June 19, 2017, 06:53:00 PM »
I don't do tire flips with QB's. Thanks for the input.

Why the fuck people knocking tire flips and the like ?  Gay ass body building workouts are so lame. 

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #346 on: June 19, 2017, 07:39:17 PM »
Why the fuck people knocking tire flips and the like ?  Gay ass body building workouts are so lame. 

Simple, it's too much like work.

HTexan

• Getbig V
  • Heath must lose!!
« Reply #347 on: June 28, 2017, 10:49:53 AM »
STFU you stupid Trumpling
A

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #348 on: June 28, 2017, 01:18:19 PM »

most libfag cucks want it all handed to them

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #349 on: September 05, 2017, 04:03:06 PM »
Good.

Cleveland police, rescue unions won't hold U.S. flag in NFL opener, citing Browns' protest
Browns anthem protest

By Cindy Boren
Washington Post
September 3, 2017

This Aug. 21, 2017, file photo shows members of the Browns kneeling during the national anthem before an exhibition against the Giants in Cleveland. Unions representing Cleveland police and paramedics say they won't hold a large American flag before the season opener because of previous player protests during the national anthem (Ron Schwane / AP)

Unions that represent Cleveland police officers and first responders will not participate in one of the annual rites that precede NFL openers, with leaders saying they were offended when Browns players knelt during the national anthem before a preseason game.

The head of the Cleveland Police Patrolmen's Association says that they have decided not to hold part of the gigantic American flag as part of the pregame ceremony at the Browns' Sept. 10 opener against the Pittsburgh Steelers. Typically, players, first responders, politicians and military members join in, too.

"When management allows you to do those things, then that's on them," Steve Loomis, the police union's president, told Cleveland.com. "It's hypocritical of the Browns management and ownership to want to have an armed forces first-responder day, and have us involved in it when they allow their players to take a knee during the national anthem. That's the very representation of what we stand for. That's why we aren't going to."

However, a police spokeswoman noted that the union "does not speak" for the department. public information officer Jennifer Ciaccia told HuffPost. "The Division of Police is in no way boycotting the Browns," public information officer Jennifer Ciaccia told HuffPost, "nor denying participation in events with our officers."

The president of a union that represents EMTs and other first responders told HuffPost that it would not participate, either.

"The NFL brags about how they love the military and safety forces and everything that we do for this country, but obviously they don't show it because they're not setting forth any rules about (the national anthem)," Daniel Nemeth, president of a local branch of the Cleveland Association of Rescue Employees, said.

A dozen Browns players took a knee during the national anthem on Aug. 21, with a white player for the first time joining in the protests that began with Colin Kaepernick during the 2016 preseason. The Browns specified that they were taking a knee in prayer.

"There's a lot of racial and social injustices in the world that are going on right now," rookie safety Jabrill Peppers said, explaining the message they'd hoped to send. "We just decided to take a knee and pray for the people who have been affected and just pray for the world in general."

During their final preseason game on Aug. 31, Browns locked arms during the anthem and drew the support of management. "Professionally, thoughtfully, probably as thoughtfully as any others have," Sashi Brown, the team's executive vice president of football operations, told Cleveland.com last week.

"These are guys that mean well. We really push our guys to be active and conscious about the communities they live in and what goes on around them that might be even larger than football. They do that, and we support them. We respect their efforts to use their platform to make some change and express themselves. And I think for all those guys that knelt initially and then last week decided to stand - I won't get into why they made that decision - I think they are going about it in a very responsible and thoughtful way. I'm actually proud of them."

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/football/ct-cleveland-police-rescue-unions-us-flag-browns-protest-20170903-story.html