Author Topic: Redsox 5 Yankees Zip  (Read 4059 times)

tleilaxutank

• Getbig IV
  • If it feels good twitter it
Redsox 5 Yankees Zip
« on: April 21, 2007, 07:28:30 AM »
2 more to go, baby

I can't wait to see all the yankee degos hopes and dreams crushed after next weekend...

all the paizons all over new england will be scraping the yankee decals off of their escalades...

(yes this is a meltdown, haha)

:)

::Update::

Well it's looking quite bleak for all the paizons.  DA might kill himself tonight with a 4 ft black dildo...Suckers!!!

Rearden Metal

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Honey Badger cuz he don't Care.
Re: Redsox 1 Yankees Zip
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2007, 09:46:19 AM »
Yeah budddaaaay!

canadaphiliac

• Getbig III
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2007, 09:49:31 AM »
W00t! Yankees = spawn of Satan.

bigkubby

• Getbig IV
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2007, 12:44:21 PM »
2 more to go, baby

I can't wait to see all the yankee degos hopes and dreams crushed after next weekend...

all the paizons all over new england will be scraping the yankee decals off of their escalades...

(yes this is a meltdown, haha)

:)
man who gives a fuck
i

Purge_WTF

« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2007, 02:21:00 PM »
  Another blown save for Man-Do-I-Blow Rivera last night. Life is good.

Rearden Metal

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2007, 02:22:22 PM »
man who gives a fuck

eat a dick ya douche!

dragonheart

• Getbig III
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2007, 04:26:53 PM »
fuck the yankees

tleilaxutank

• Getbig IV
Re: Redsox 2 Yankees Zip
« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2007, 04:28:16 PM »
fuck them in their ass...

title updated for truth

Rearden Metal

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
Re: Redsox 2 Yankees Zip
« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2007, 04:48:07 PM »
Me = +$200. Double or nothing on tomorrow's game, bitches!

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
RED SOX WIN AGAIN
« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2007, 08:05:52 PM »
Let me say...YANKEES SUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;D ;D ;D ;D
MATSUZAKAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
L

body88

Re: RED SOX WIN AGAIN
« Reply #10 on: April 27, 2007, 08:36:50 PM »
Let me say...YANKEES SUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;D ;D ;D ;D
MATSUZAKAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

I jus saw that dice k is one strike out behind Santana to lead the league. Dice K was dealing until the fourth inning where he had some control issues. Even then the only reason the Yankees had any base runners in that inning was because Dice walked them there. That bloop single Damon hit on a check swing was sheer luck. All the yankees hit where little bloops that sneaked into the gaps. The only person who actually hit the ball was Jeter on that one single. Everyone else had defensive swings that blooped into a gap. He would have gotten out of that inning if not for that damn check swing that lucked into a single. The awesome thing was that Dice K bounced back yet again after a tough fourth inning to retire six consecutive yankee batters. Dice K has great stuff. Since he is a rookie, I think he will need a full year to adjust before we see what he can really do. People forget this is the kids first year. In japan he pitched in a league that is the equivalent of the majors triple a farm system. No different then the transition from the minors to the majors, jus toss in the whole different culture/country/massive pressure factor. Either way he gave a quality start, picked up 7 k's, and got the 11 - 4 win over the Yankees. This kid is going to be something when he adjusts to this league. He will go from the number three guy to the ace of this staff one day. Pettitte really struggled tonight. 5 runs, 5 walks off six hits over 4 2/3. He did have 5 k's tho. Mo got destroyed again tonight when they brought him in. There is still a lot of season left, but I will take a 11 -4 win over the full strength Yankees, and there ace pitcher. This is a win to be proud off. Full lineup, ace pitcher against our number three rookie, in the Bronx. 11 - 4 ass whipping tonight boys.

tleilaxutank

• Getbig IV
Re: Redsox 5 Yankees Zip
« Reply #11 on: April 28, 2007, 06:19:12 AM »
updated

bmacsys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #12 on: April 28, 2007, 09:58:38 AM »
The Yankees starting staff is thin even if everybody is healthy. Mussina is getting old and fragile, Petitte has a lot of miles on him. Pavano is headcase, the jury is out on Igawa, Wang is the only solid young guy in the rotation. The Yankees of 1996 to 2000 were primarily built on solid starting pitching and bullet proof bullpens with gamers like Paul O'Neil, Tino Martinez, Scott Broscius etc... The teams of the last few years have been built on a mismatch of star position players with pitching as an afterthought. The Red Sox have the right idea. Spend your money on quality pitchers.
The House that Ruth built

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
  • I can spot crazy pussy....
« Reply #13 on: April 28, 2007, 11:18:44 AM »
Just heard on Espn that Torre's job will be in serious jeapordy if the Yankees get swept by Boston.

We are talking about Steinbrenner here but god damn....... Firing a 3 time world series manager 22 games into the season???

Not all Torre's fault. He is abusing that bullpen though, with the injuries to their starting pitching. And Mariano Rivera is starting to slow down. I always said they relied to heavily on him and that they should've starting grooming a successor to Rivera a couple of years ago.

body88

« Reply #14 on: April 28, 2007, 11:33:48 AM »
Just heard on Espn that Torre's job will be in serious jeapordy if the Yankees get swept by Boston.

We are talking about Steinbrenner here but god damn....... Firing a 3 time world series manager 22 games into the season???

Not all Torre's fault. He is abusing that bullpen though, with the injuries to their starting pitching. And Mariano Rivera is starting to slow down. I always said they relied to heavily on him and that they should've starting grooming a successor to Rivera a couple of years ago.

There ace only lasted four innings last night. 5 walks, 5 runs on 6 hits. No one cried for the sox when they had a roster decimated with injuries last year when the Yankees swept them. The yankees where at full strength last night. They had there ace going against our number three rookie in the Bronx. The lineup was at full strength, and they where playing at home. They got stomped. The yankees have a impressive offense, but the lack of pitching (even at full strength) will hurt them this year. There bullpen is going to be shot by june at this rate. I think they will still contend based on there offense alone. I do not think they are out of it. They have a very good baseball team, they will be back. I do not gloat in May  ;) I want to see the sox lineup when manny and coco heat up. Right now the sox are not even showing there best offense.

Like you said, a lot of this is not Torres fault.

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
  • I can spot crazy pussy....
« Reply #15 on: April 28, 2007, 11:49:41 AM »
There were more Bosox fans than O's fans at Camden Yards last week against the Orioles.

Fucking pitiful. I would kill for my city to have Boston's loyalty and patronage to their team. Their love for their sports team is special.

bmacsys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #16 on: April 28, 2007, 02:26:39 PM »

4 time winner my man. Should have been 5 but thats another story.

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #17 on: April 28, 2007, 05:37:40 PM »
There ace only lasted four innings last night. 5 walks, 5 runs on 6 hits. No one cried for the sox when they had a roster decimated with injuries last year when the Yankees swept them. The yankees where at full strength last night. They had there ace going against our number three rookie in the Bronx. The lineup was at full strength, and they where playing at home. They got stomped. The yankees have a impressive offense, but the lack of pitching (even at full strength) will hurt them this year. There bullpen is going to be shot by june at this rate. I think they will still contend based on there offense alone. I do not think they are out of it. They have a very good baseball team, they will be back. I do not gloat in May  ;) I want to see the sox lineup when manny and coco heat up. Right now the sox are not even showing there best offense.

Like you said, a lot of this is not Torres fault.

I was going to ignore this but can't, since it's the second time you mentioned it.

First, Pettitte is not the ace of the Yankee staff, and Matsusaka is not your #3 rookie.   The sox spent 103 million dollars to get Japan's #1 pitcher who dominated the WBC and is also 26 years old.   You're portraying him as if he were called up from the minors, and I don't buy your analogy that Japan is equal to our AAA here.  I have no idea why sox fans need to make everything out to be much greater than it is.  Be happy that that Matsusaka got two straight wins against the Yankees, without pitching particularly well.  I'm not saying he won't be good, but he was average at best against NY, who, by the way, had only 60-70% of their starting lineup in against him the first time.  He would have lost both, if not for NY's putrid pitching.

You're re-writing history for last year as well.  The sox were hardly decimated by injuries when the Yankees ended their season last year.  Here's approx what their lineup was during the 5 game sweep at fenway:

C Crisp CF                     
M Loretta 2B                 
D Ortiz DH                       
  W Pena PH                     
M Ramirez LF                 
  G Kapler LF                   
K Youkilis 1B                 
M Lowell 3B                     
E Hinske RF                   
J Lopez C                     
A Gonzalez SS

Decimated?  That's their regular lineup minus Varitek.  Who, at the time, had a .719 OPS and less than a 25% CS %.  He was arguably the worst catcher in the AL among those qualified at the time of his injury.   The injury bug hit AFTER that, starting on the West Coast road trip.  You might have an argument if you say injuries prevented them backing into the playoffs via the Wild Card, but to say it caused them to get crushed by the Yankees in August is just not true.  You're not stupid, body88, so why do you keep throwing out this crap?  Your team is playing great ball right now, enjoy it for what it is.  The Yankees threw 2 AA pitchers out the first series, and were missing up to 1/3 of their lineup and still hit the sox' top three hard.  I expected NY to get swept, but, in reality, they almost won all three.  But they didn't, and I gave the sox credit.  Of course, it's all over EEI that the Yanks are cooked.

You're right that a lot of this is not Torre's fault.  If Mo does what he normally does, and Meyer doesn't make a mistake to Crawford, the Yanks are 11-9 and nobody cares.  But he has made awful BP moves, particulary pulling Wang after 81 pitches, and bringing in a reliever with a G/F ratio of .88 to get a double play, when Wang get more ground balls than anyone.   Batting Mientkavich 2nd is beyond stupid.  Pinch running for Giambi EVERY time in the 6th and 7th is dumb as well.
Y

tleilaxutank

• Getbig IV
Re: Redsox 5 Yankees Zip
« Reply #18 on: April 29, 2007, 02:52:44 PM »
Whatever way you want to slice it...the yankees are fucking gonna be living in the cellar all season long baby!!!!

Booooomm!!!

bmacsys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #19 on: April 29, 2007, 03:24:31 PM »
I was going to ignore this but can't, since it's the second time you mentioned it.

First, Pettitte is not the ace of the Yankee staff, and Matsusaka is not your #3 rookie.   The sox spent 103 million dollars to get Japan's #1 pitcher who dominated the WBC and is also 26 years old.   You're portraying him as if he were called up from the minors, and I don't buy your analogy that Japan is equal to our AAA here.  I have no idea why sox fans need to make everything out to be much greater than it is.  Be happy that that Matsusaka got two straight wins against the Yankees, without pitching particularly well.  I'm not saying he won't be good, but he was average at best against NY, who, by the way, had only 60-70% of their starting lineup in against him the first time.  He would have lost both, if not for NY's putrid pitching.

You're re-writing history for last year as well.  The sox were hardly decimated by injuries when the Yankees ended their season last year.  Here's approx what their lineup was during the 5 game sweep at fenway:

C Crisp CF                     
M Loretta 2B                 
D Ortiz DH                       
  W Pena PH                     
M Ramirez LF                 
  G Kapler LF                   
K Youkilis 1B                 
M Lowell 3B                     
E Hinske RF                   
J Lopez C                     
A Gonzalez SS

Decimated?  That's their regular lineup minus Varitek.  Who, at the time, had a .719 OPS and less than a 25% CS %.  He was arguably the worst catcher in the AL among those qualified at the time of his injury.   The injury bug hit AFTER that, starting on the West Coast road trip.  You might have an argument if you say injuries prevented them backing into the playoffs via the Wild Card, but to say it caused them to get crushed by the Yankees in August is just not true.  You're not stupid, body88, so why do you keep throwing out this crap?  Your team is playing great ball right now, enjoy it for what it is.  The Yankees threw 2 AA pitchers out the first series, and were missing up to 1/3 of their lineup and still hit the sox' top three hard.  I expected NY to get swept, but, in reality, they almost won all three.  But they didn't, and I gave the sox credit.  Of course, it's all over EEI that the Yanks are cooked.

You're right that a lot of this is not Torre's fault.  If Mo does what he normally does, and Meyer doesn't make a mistake to Crawford, the Yanks are 11-9 and nobody cares.  But he has made awful BP moves, particulary pulling Wang after 81 pitches, and bringing in a reliever with a G/F ratio of .88 to get a double play, when Wang get more ground balls than anyone.   Batting Mientkavich 2nd is beyond stupid.  Pinch running for Giambi EVERY time in the 6th and 7th is dumb as well.

Mentcabbage will be released by June. Losing Giambi's bat is dumb as well. He isn't that bad. Its not like he is Bill Buckner. Remember him Red Sox fans? Abreu trying to bunt is bonehead move. The Yankees staff can't get any worse. The rotation will start to stabilize and the team will at some point get hot. I still say 90 wins.

body88

« Reply #20 on: April 29, 2007, 03:33:40 PM »

C Crisp CF                     
M Loretta 2B                 
D Ortiz DH                       
  W Pena PH                     
M Ramirez LF                 
  G Kapler LF                   
K Youkilis 1B                 
M Lowell 3B                     
E Hinske RF                   
J Lopez C                     
A Gonzalez SS

The sox did not pay Dice K 100 million dollars. They will pay him 50 mill over his contract. The other 50 million they gave to the lions to negotiate was an investment. Business plan says it will be recouped within 5 years due to the new market in Japan , merchandise, commercials, licensing, and huge new fan base all over the country/world. You should see Fenway when he pitches, its like Japan over there. They actually got him for a great deal. See news clippings saying how sox got upper hand over Scott B on deal. Check out what other major league pitchers are making. Guys who don't have as good of stuff as him. Considering the market 50 over six years is more then reasonable.

You are right you where missing some of your order when the Yankees got swept last week. But you still had a better lineup then 90 percent of the majors tho. Damon, Jeter, Abreu, Arod, Giambi, Cano etc etc. please dont be foolish and tell me that lineup is not stacked. Not to mention Posada/Damon pinch hit. Must not have been to injured. The sox beat the full strength line up two out of three times this weekend anyway. The yanks only scored three runs in there one win. If you don't want to pitch aa guys get pitchers who can stay healthy. Pettite got destroyed on Fri. Wong got roughed up today. Mo got shelled again over the weekend. Those are two of your top starters, and lights out closer. Fact is the sox took five out of six games in this series.

The injury situation was more serious then that last year for the sox. There where also players who left that series with injury. Facts are excues mean nothing. Sox got killed in that series.

Dice K is a rookie to mlb. Playing minor/major league ball in Japan is the same as playing college ball and then playing in the high levels of the minor leagues of the MLB. Pitchers struggle to come from the NL to the AL. Never mind a different country from a league with lesser talent. I guess the CFL is as good as the NFL also. He will need a full year to adjust before you see what he really has. He has great stuff and will be a ace. Most players would crumble under this type of scrutiny/pressure. Youk did not turn pro until 28, age means nothing. You face the pro competition when you face it. The kid just came over from a much lesser league in Japan, that = rookie. No mlb rookie is a rookie to baseball.

If you do not buy the talent level in the japan league being on par with the triple a level here take it up with the experts. They are the ones who said that, not me. Although it is quit obvious the talent level in Japan is far below the best players we have here. The yankees lineup is the best lineup in the world. Then again the CFL is the same as the NFL right?

Dice K was dealing (He did have 7 k's) against the Yankees until the fourth when he walked 3 batters and the Yankees got lucky on a check swing bloop by Damon. It is obvious his lack of ML experience allows him to get rattled at times. He almost got out of the inning, if not for that lucky bloop. He showed his promise when he then bounced back to retire six straight yankees to finish the night with seven strike outs pitching into the 7th inning. None of the Yankees where hitting the ball hard against him other then that one single by Jeter. The yanks runs came on little bloops that lucked into gaps. Its not how you score tho, so I guess that is a technicality in the grand scheme of things. Does not mater really, the sox won 11 - 4 . Andy gave up 5 runs and 5 walks in 4 innings. Sox where hitting the ball hard all day. The full strength Yankee lineup simply could not make good contact on the ball all night. Dice has great stuff but is unpolished at this point. He will need a year to fully adjust imo.

Dice k  has been hovering between #1 and # 3 for most strike outs in the majors depending on the game. At one point he lead the leauge. He is a game behind Santana. Pretty nice achievment for a number three guy who just came over from a dif country. That imo might be a indicator of his potential talent. He has great stuff and would be undefeated if he had  some damn run support in those early loses. He lost those games by a run (literally) in very low scoring games. Had to face guys like Fernandez throwing shut outs. To expect him to be totally lights out as a rookie to the MLB is laughable. He has been a great third starter. He clearly has the stuff to be a ace, and one day he will. People who expect him to be 100 percent lights out as a rookie to the MLB are usually rival teams fans. Wonder why.

The sox beat the Yankees two out of three times this weekend. Today the sox worst pitcher took on Wong. Is he not your ace? The Yankees lineup was full strength, and the Sox went deep three times and scored 7 runs. When Lester comes back to the number 5 spot the rotation will be even better.

The "woulda coulda" won stuff is invalid. The sox could beat the Yankees 12 to 4 if "this happened" or "that happened" today. But it didnt so they beat them 7 - 4.

I agree Torre is not to blame for this. He is a great manager and cannot control the Yankees thin pitching even at full strength. He cannot control player performance and firing him would be a huge mistake. People need to show the man a bit more respect in the media.

If sox fan put a positive spin on things like you say, yanks fans should do the same. I expect the average Yankee fan to start making Arods life hell again when he stops setting records. Granted he did nothing against the sox over the weekend. Sox fans tend to support there players no matter what. I am not saying all Yankees fans do not, but the boo birds where out in force last year before arod started having a great year in 07.

I do not think the yankees are done. They have a crazy lineup, and they will contend. It is only May 1st. I do feel the sox have the better team overall when all things are considered. That means nothing tho. I do not think the sox are going to run away with the division nor do I think the yankees will fade away. It is only May. The yankees will contend and be in it until the end. Great players, great manager. How can they not?

ieffinhatecardio

• Getbig V
  • More proof God is a man.
« Reply #21 on: April 29, 2007, 06:20:21 PM »

C Crisp CF                     
M Loretta 2B                 
D Ortiz DH                       
  W Pena PH                     
M Ramirez LF                 
  G Kapler LF                   
K Youkilis 1B                 
M Lowell 3B                     
E Hinske RF                   
J Lopez C                     
A Gonzalez SS

Dice-K has never consistantly faced lineups as potent as those in the American League East. To say he's a MLB rookie isn't even remotely stretching it. He's a rookie. I haven't been particularly impressed with him to be honest although he's shown flashes of being a very good pitcher. And I'd say calling Japanese baseball equivelant to AAA ball here is pretty accurate. I just don't see justification for calling it anything better.

I'm not getting excited over the Red Sox beating the Yankees these last two weekends for three reasons.
1. It's April
2. The Yankees pitching staff at this moment is dreadful, they started a guy from single A ball in Fenway. That tells you all you need to know.
3. They're the Yankees and that offense is incredible. They're not hitting right now but that's going to change. They have All-Stars everywhere.

I was shocked to see Abreu try and bunt three days in a row. He's the number three hitter in the most potent lineup in baseball. That's unfathomable, he might as well have held up a sign that said "I've lost all confidence". That's not what you want from the guy sandwiched between Jeter and A-Rod.

Imagine David Ortiz trying to bunt once nevermind three days in a row. YIKES.

body88

« Reply #22 on: April 29, 2007, 10:24:21 PM »
Mentcabbage will be released by June. Losing Giambi's bat is dumb as well. He isn't that bad. Its not like he is Bill Buckner. Remember him Red Sox fans? Abreu trying to bunt is bonehead move. The Yankees staff can't get any worse. The rotation will start to stabilize and the team will at some point get hot. I still say 90 wins.

Buckner was agood player. He is remembored for that one bad play. He was actually playing injured in that game on request of the manager. In reality he was a  good baseball player.

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #23 on: April 30, 2007, 04:21:09 AM »
The sox did not pay Dice K 100 million dollars. They will pay him 50 mill over his contract. The other 50 million they gave to the lions to negotiate was an investment. Business plan says it will be recouped within 5 years due to the new market in Japan , merchandise, commercials, licensing, and huge new fan base all over the country/world. You should see Fenway when he pitches, its like Japan over there. They actually got him for a great deal. See news clippings saying how sox got upper hand over Scott B on deal. Check out what other major league pitchers are making. Guys who don't have as good of stuff as him. Considering the market 50 over six years is more then reasonable.

I said the sox spent over 100 million to get Matsusaka, not that it all went to his contract.   There is absolutely no business plan that says they will recoup it, and that's from Luccino himself.  Regardless of that statement, your point about them recovering that money through merchandise sales and liscensing is absolutley incorrect.  All sox jerseys, merchandise, etc. sold outside of Yawkey Way goes into MLB revenue sharing pool.  The "addional revenue stream" garbage is yet another myth spouted by sox fans to try to justify enormous outlay of cash required to get Matsusaka.  They wanted their man, and blew away everyone with their posting fee, yet RSN continues to try to act that since the 51.1M spent for the posting fee doesn't go against the salary cap, it doesn't exist.

It was a good signing.  He's a great pitcher and I  wanted him on the Yankees.  Historically speaking, Japanese pitchers' best years are their first, and he's looking to have a good year.  I'm not sure how he will adjust going further, because the league will adjust to him as well.  To call him a rookie is an insult to Japanese baseball, and I can point to many expert analysis as to why this is true.

I wasn't arguing that the sox wins aren't big for them so far -Winning a game with Tavarez against Wang (pronounced Wong) was big.  I was arguing that you said the sox were decimated by injury when the Yankees swept them in fenway last year, which is completely false.
Y

bmacsys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #24 on: April 30, 2007, 04:43:34 AM »
Buckner was agood player. He is remembored for that one bad play. He was actually playing injured in that game on request of the manager. In reality he was a  good baseball player.

He was a very good player. He just had ankles that were mush at that point. Two batting titles and 2750 hits aren't the product of a bad player. McNamara pulled him in the late innings all year for Benzinger. The game he doesn't do it he got burned big time.