Author Topic: Slate: Why Doesn't Florida Senator Marco Rubio Know How Old the Earth Is?  (Read 685 times)

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
http://www.slate.com/blogs/bad_astronomy/2012/11/19/florida_senator_marco_rubio_the_age_of_the_earth_is_a_great_mystery.html

I'm not a scientist, man. I can tell you what recorded history says, I can tell you what the Bible says, but I think that's a dispute amongst theologians and I think it has nothing to do with the gross domestic product or economic growth of the United States. I think the age of the universe has zero to do with how our economy is going to grow. I'm not a scientist. I don't think I'm qualified to answer a question like that. At the end of the day, I think there are multiple theories out there on how the universe was created and I think this is a country where people should have the opportunity to teach them all. I think parents should be able to teach their kids what their faith says, what science says. Whether the Earth was created in 7 days, or 7 actual eras, I'm not sure we'll ever be able to answer that. It's one of the great mysteries.

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D   flat or round It's one of the great mysteries.  :D :D :D :D :D :D

chadstallion

• Getbig IV
Re: Slate: Why Doesn't Florida Senator Marco Rubio Know How Old the Earth Is?
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2012, 06:03:39 AM »
got to court the fundamentalist voter.
so soon.
w

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2012, 06:05:54 AM »
he's gotta avoid these Qs... something like "THis kind of Q is designed to divide, and I"m here to unite America.  Next question."

Playing ignorant, then pandering to both sides is insulting to both sides.

State what you believe, or choose not to - but if you want to win, you can't "sell" both sides of the argument as he did he, or play completely fcking ignorant, which he did as well.

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2012, 07:39:26 AM »
Wait until they start questioning him about the inaccuracies in his claim that his parents fled Castro.

You are going to see some world class pandering there.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2012, 08:05:23 AM »
Wait until they start questioning him about the inaccuracies in his claim that his parents fled Castro.

You are going to see some world class pandering there.

yeah, he has stopped telling that fib.  The latest interviews, he calls them immigrants, no longer refugees.

The Enigma

• Getbig IV
  • Porsche 911 Turbo Carerra. My reality, your dream.
« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2012, 08:38:37 AM »
http://www.slate.com/blogs/bad_astronomy/2012/11/19/florida_senator_marco_rubio_the_age_of_the_earth_is_a_great_mystery.html

I'm not a scientist, man. I can tell you what recorded history says, I can tell you what the Bible says, but I think that's a dispute amongst theologians and I think it has nothing to do with the gross domestic product or economic growth of the United States. I think the age of the universe has zero to do with how our economy is going to grow. I'm not a scientist. I don't think I'm qualified to answer a question like that. At the end of the day, I think there are multiple theories out there on how the universe was created and I think this is a country where people should have the opportunity to teach them all. I think parents should be able to teach their kids what their faith says, what science says. Whether the Earth was created in 7 days, or 7 actual eras, I'm not sure we'll ever be able to answer that. It's one of the great mysteries.

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D   flat or round It's one of the great mysteries.  :D :D :D :D :D :D

Dinosaurs never existed.  :D

240 is Back

• Getbig V
Jeb Bush Jr: Rubio’s Doubts About Age Of The Earth ‘Head-Scratching’ (VIDEO)

The son of former Florida Gov. Jeb Bush (R) said Tuesday he's confused by Sen. Marco Rubio's (R-FL) claim that the age of the earth is "one of the great mysteries."

"It was a strange question and I guess kind of a head-scratching type of answer," Jeb Bush, Jr. told CNN. "We've got to be a pro-science and pro-technology party."

Bush, Jr. is on the board of the National Immigration Forum, a group that has urged conservatives and Republicans to drop their opposition to comprehensive immigration reform.

As CNN reported, former Gov. Bush is a "close friend and mentor" to Rubio, who is thought by many to be gearing up for a 2016 presidential bid.

- more -

http://livewire.talkingpointsmemo.com/entry/jeb-bush-jr-rubios-doubts-about-age-of

whork

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Jeb Bush Jr: Rubio’s Doubts About Age Of The Earth ‘Head-Scratching’ (VIDEO)

The son of former Florida Gov. Jeb Bush (R) said Tuesday he's confused by Sen. Marco Rubio's (R-FL) claim that the age of the earth is "one of the great mysteries."

"It was a strange question and I guess kind of a head-scratching type of answer," Jeb Bush, Jr. told CNN. "We've got to be a pro-science and pro-technology party."
Bush, Jr. is on the board of the National Immigration Forum, a group that has urged conservatives and Republicans to drop their opposition to comprehensive immigration reform.

As CNN reported, former Gov. Bush is a "close friend and mentor" to Rubio, who is thought by many to be gearing up for a 2016 presidential bid.

- more -

http://livewire.talkingpointsmemo.com/entry/jeb-bush-jr-rubios-doubts-about-age-of

Sounds good.

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
he's gotta avoid these Qs... something like "THis kind of Q is designed to divide, and I"m here to unite America.  Next question."

Playing ignorant, then pandering to both sides is insulting to both sides.

State what you believe, or choose not to - but if you want to win, you can't "sell" both sides of the argument as he did he, or play completely fcking ignorant, which he did as well.

We get the politicians we deserve. We created this monster where it is required to pander to get elected. Americans have become so divided if you give one answer, you lose half the votes, either way you lose. So, they have been conditioned to give non answers in order to progress through the system. We created that..  

Why do we scream for accountability and holding people accountable, but when it comes to the politics of this country and the crap government we have, we don't hold ourselves personally accountable??

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana