Author Topic: Applying for trt - how to get test levels lower????  (Read 2438 times)

Ex Coelis

• Getbig V
Applying for trt - how to get test levels lower????
« on: December 15, 2021, 06:36:57 AM »
About 4 weeks off, feeling as mighty as a 3 year old girl

Getting tested soon for test levels

How can I lower my testosterone as much as possible?

Chug a gallon of soymilk? Rub lavender on my balls?

ThisisOverload

• Getbig V
Re: Applying for trt - how to get test levels lower????
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2021, 01:21:03 PM »
If you are 4 weeks off then your levels will be rock bottom anyway.

There isn't anything you can do to significantly reduce your Test levels that much.

Except come off cycle and get tested within 3-4 weeks.

You should be plenty low.

Make sure you specify that you want injections, not gels and creams. A lot of doctors will not grant you injectable Test without going through the first options. Just depends on how low your levels are and who your doctor is.

Most GP's don't know shit about Test levels and hormone therapy, just baseline information.

Might need to shop around.

TheFranchise

• Getbig III
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2021, 07:34:12 AM »
If you are 4 weeks off then your levels will be rock bottom anyway.

There isn't anything you can do to significantly reduce your Test levels that much.

Except come off cycle and get tested within 3-4 weeks.

You should be plenty low.

Make sure you specify that you want injections, not gels and creams. A lot of doctors will not grant you injectable Test without going through the first options. Just depends on how low your levels are and who your doctor is.

Most GP's don't know shit about Test levels and hormone therapy, just baseline information.

Might need to shop around.

I'd withdraw any Test injections and continue usage with other androgens. It's a sure fire way to drop that magical "Free testosterone" number that the doctors only look at. Make sure you get the bloodwork around 7-8 am with no food or drink (NPO)

Like Oveleroad said, there will be shitty doctors who have no ideal how to do testosterone replacement. Many of those want to do the creams and gels. To be honest, I did one run of the compounded cream for my doctor who was apprehensive because of my age and the damn cream broke me out into a rash and smells like pure DMSO and other chemicals. Make sure you have a doc that is very good at getting things approved because the insurance companies will be stringent on the injectable form and want supporting bloodwork every 3 months to stay on. Then, you have to hope that you doctor writes you a good dosage. 

Women can get all these free BC options, which range from pills to implants to injectables (for free), but us men have to move through a damn mine field to just have normal-higher than normal baseline test results.

keep us updated

ThisisOverload

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2021, 01:45:04 PM »
I'd withdraw any Test injections and continue usage with other androgens. It's a sure fire way to drop that magical "Free testosterone" number that the doctors only look at. Make sure you get the bloodwork around 7-8 am with no food or drink (NPO)

Like Oveleroad said, there will be shitty doctors who have no ideal how to do testosterone replacement. Many of those want to do the creams and gels. To be honest, I did one run of the compounded cream for my doctor who was apprehensive because of my age and the damn cream broke me out into a rash and smells like pure DMSO and other chemicals. Make sure you have a doc that is very good at getting things approved because the insurance companies will be stringent on the injectable form and want supporting bloodwork every 3 months to stay on. Then, you have to hope that you doctor writes you a good dosage. 

Women can get all these free BC options, which range from pills to implants to injectables (for free), but us men have to move through a damn mine field to just have normal-higher than normal baseline test results.

keep us updated

Agreed!

Thankfully I have a good Doc that gets everything covered by insurance with bloodwork every 4-6 months. I get BW done every 4 months anyway for my own benefit and he's able to get that covered too.

My GF can walk into any clinic and get whatever she wants for BC, most of the time without a single test being made.

I had to work with 4 different Docs before they offered me injectable Test. The creams were terrible on my skin and stink like poison.