Author Topic: Energy and reduction of consumption how China and Russia is crushed  (Read 7528 times)

Mayday

• Getbig IV
Re: Energy and reduction of consumption how China and Russia is crushed
« Reply #25 on: March 07, 2022, 11:37:17 AM »
What are you doing to protect your crypto holdings? Cold wallet (ie ledger)?

"1"

I haven’t held crypto since December- early Jan But when I do it’ll be multiple cold storage devices.

Seems like the US government is starting to cozy up to Iran to get more oil pumping.

Creation of new supply chain with different players. US can switch on their own oil drilling aswell but I believe Biden will let price go up to 150-200 range and then kick into gear on that. It’s global recession territory right there which helps pull consumption down. This time we need to see if price stays high and becomes a new norm. If so, that’s indicative of this thread being on the right track.

youandme

• Getbig V
« Reply #26 on: March 07, 2022, 11:47:00 AM »
Oil above $120 won’t be a new norm since legislators get involved and the oil industry does not want more governance than there is. They like it at $80 making money and quiet.

Mayday

• Getbig IV
« Reply #27 on: March 07, 2022, 12:20:51 PM »
Oil above $120 won’t be a new norm since legislators get involved and the oil industry does not want more governance than there is. They like it at $80 making money and quiet.

It’ll keep going higher for now until green tech is being built. After that happens oil is almost worthless……

Higher oil price —> lower consumption —> expensive green energy looks feasible —> green energy adoption on mass scale —> reduced demand on oil/gas = lower price = oil countries no longer hold control over the world.

Oil collapses to a handful of dollars after this. End of the ME. End of Russia.

Meanwhile oil futures tapped 130 last night. Go back to the GFC and the market sold off for 7 months straight while energy rallied to a peak. We have had 3 months sell off…… the sanctions made by both sides works to hold the price floor up because supply is being strangled relentlessly.

Gym-Rat

• Getbig V
  • BRUTAL IF TRUE!!
« Reply #28 on: March 07, 2022, 12:23:28 PM »

IroNat

• Getbig V
  • The only constant in life is change. – Heraclitus
« Reply #29 on: March 07, 2022, 12:31:13 PM »
My Exxon stock is cranking.

And I have a sh*tload of toilet paper.

Gym-Rat

• Getbig V
  • BRUTAL IF TRUE!!
« Reply #30 on: March 07, 2022, 12:51:11 PM »
i feel bad for those on fixed income/budget.

161 gallons of heating oil cost $740.90 this am.
same amount under Trump and us produced energy cost $302.00.
(wife has to keep receipts for her biz/tax purposes).
folks that are struggling, i feel for them, it must be horrible.

jude2

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #31 on: March 07, 2022, 01:04:14 PM »

It depends on who they voted for, if I feel bad for them.  Some people are getting what they asked for.

IroNat

• Getbig V
  • The only constant in life is change. – Heraclitus
« Reply #32 on: March 08, 2022, 05:43:23 AM »

Anyone using oil heat will get killed.  At least the heating season is almost over.

I had a house once that has two large oil tanks for the oil burner heat.

At the time oil was around 90 cents a gallon.

Scary to think of filling those tanks now.

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #33 on: March 08, 2022, 07:53:46 AM »
Maybe the OP missed its target with me, because beyond good Scotch I could give a fuck about luxuries. Forgive me but turning a profit on some Carrera marble in the philistine driven micro-economy of Australia doesn't mean you have a crystal ball showing what's going to happen in countries that actually geo-politically matter and aren't just waiting around to be gobbled up by China.

You're way better informed than I in matters of economics. No question. But to prognosticate down to the month while peppering in brags about making millions and buying sports bikes, etc? Sure you haven't maybe had a couple scotches yourself there, bloke?

Maybe you'll be correct. Wtf do I know?  But investing in luxury items while also growing vegetables and running off to NZ is the weirdest prepper advice/strategy I've ever seen.

Maybe I'm just sick of the endless The End Is Nigh shit and it's making me surly. If the end comes I've got water and I'll cannibalize my neighbors and any Peace Agents who turn up. That's it. That's my Great Collapse prep plan.

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #34 on: March 08, 2022, 08:06:47 AM »

Historically, whenever there’s been a sharp rise like this in oil it’s eventually been followed by a corresponding sharp decline.

Not to say this time won’t be different but trends tend to continue.

youandme

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: March 08, 2022, 08:08:22 AM »
It’ll keep going higher for now until green tech is being built. After that happens oil is almost worthless……

Higher oil price —> lower consumption —> expensive green energy looks feasible —> green energy adoption on mass scale —> reduced demand on oil/gas = lower price = oil countries no longer hold control over the world.

Oil collapses to a handful of dollars after this. End of the ME. End of Russia.

Meanwhile oil futures tapped 130 last night. Go back to the GFC and the market sold off for 7 months straight while energy rallied to a peak. We have had 3 months sell off…… the sanctions made by both sides works to hold the price floor up because supply is being strangled relentlessly.

It’ll keep going higher, but won’t be allowed to be a new normal because average citizens will demand “accountability” and caps on prices then you’ll have some type of government intervention.  Politicians have constituents they still need to pander to. This is going to hurt a lot of people for awhile, especially since US just scuttled Russian oil.

If this is a “new normal” then we are really witnessing a green reset. If the green push has brought us to this point and governments tell people it’s the new normal and there isn’t even green infrastructure set up to generate energy needs of today, then it’s a race to the bottom for humanity.

myt1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #36 on: March 08, 2022, 08:12:24 AM »
Ok, let's talk macroeconomics.

For deflation to occur, you typically have 1 of 2 scenarios that play out.

Scenario I: Either you have an overwhelming amount of goods and services available on the market, which causes too much supply that overpowers demand and then leads to a drastic reduction in the price of said goods and services. This won't be the case because our supply chain is broken and Russia and China aren't too happy with us.

Scenario II: You have a drastic contraction of the currency supply, which forces prices of goods and services to go down because there's just very little available currency to use for trade. I'm assuming this is the scenario you see playing out. If so, what would be your catalyst?

Are you leaning on the idea of the FED doing 3 things? Those 3 things being (1) Stop quantitative easing (less money creating), (2) reducing their balance sheet through reverse repo market (taking money off the street) and (3) drastically raising rates (making money expensive to borrow out, which translates to less money in circulation).

If not for the FED bringing deflation about or at least contributing, what else will do it? Further mass resignations? Businesses going out of business due to cost of raw resources and lack of cheap labor?

Definitely see this coming.

"1"

The cyber attacks part you highlighted sounds like it's going to happen soon.  MSNBC actually just put up a clip about "Anonymous" putting out a vid saying they are banning together to go after Putin/Russia, and have hit 1500+ sites already.  For once, I agree with this leftist bag of shit of reporters over there, when they reported that the biggest worry with this is that Putin will blame it on us and declare we are now at war and attack us.

myt1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #37 on: March 08, 2022, 08:20:18 AM »

Just shy of $130 as of 10am EST today.  News on CNN and Fox clip said $150 by the end of next week is likely, and basically that Memorial Day is going to be a big "holy shit" for all of us if people actually even bother travelling all over still by then.

Gym-Rat

• Getbig V
  • BRUTAL IF TRUE!!
« Reply #38 on: March 08, 2022, 08:32:51 AM »
the day the pant-shitter got into office and shut down our energy dependence so he can profit, we were fucked
the most corrupt, senile, "50-yrs of useless" piece of shit ever
makes me want to ring the neck of every libturd i see
hoping the handful here drop dead from their jabs soon, commie-kvnts

Gym-Rat

• Getbig V
  • BRUTAL IF TRUE!!

Gym-Rat

• Getbig V
  • BRUTAL IF TRUE!!
« Reply #40 on: March 08, 2022, 08:46:41 AM »
dumbest people in history

Democrats want you to buy $57,000 EV Cars while Inflation and Gas Prices SKYROCKET to save the world  ::) ::)

Gym-Rat

• Getbig V
  • BRUTAL IF TRUE!!
« Reply #41 on: March 08, 2022, 08:49:14 AM »
dumbest in history

Abelard Lindsey

• Getbig II
« Reply #42 on: March 08, 2022, 09:27:40 AM »
The crappypants adminstration is still trying to reduce domestic oil and natural gas production despite this on-going war. We have the most moronic political class in American history.

But hey! At least we don't get mean tweets any more!

Assuming that the 2020 election was legitimate, the majority of American voters proved to be the most unbelievably shallow idiots I could ever have imagined.

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: March 08, 2022, 10:24:04 AM »
The crappypants adminstration is still trying to reduce domestic oil and natural gas production despite this on-going war. We have the most moronic political class in American history.

Assuming that the 2020 election was legitimate, the majority of American voters proved to be the most unbelievably shallow idiots I could ever have imagined.
The 2020 election was not legitimate and the next one won't be either.

Gym-Rat

• Getbig V
  • BRUTAL IF TRUE!!
« Reply #44 on: March 08, 2022, 10:24:27 AM »

true
i doubt it was legit (election) they (prez's) are basically put in place

but yes, pant-shitter and kamel-toe, they cant string together a thought or sentence between 'em
truly the dumbest people ever on that stage
if voting was legit, you are correct Abe, easily the stupidist kult of retards that ever existed (voters)
many have realized they made a mistake and its badly affecting their lives, struggling mightily to squeak by

the libtards here who keep crying about trump (who has zero to do with this mess and everything to do with what happened under him)
are even more braindead than most.

Skeletor

• Getbig V
  • Silence you furry fool!
« Reply #45 on: March 08, 2022, 10:25:06 AM »

Gym-Rat

• Getbig V
  • BRUTAL IF TRUE!!
« Reply #46 on: March 08, 2022, 10:26:37 AM »
ugly nancy, also dumb as a rock, and perfect example of the braindead libs running around out there killing america
another hero to the brainless  ::)

Gym-Rat

• Getbig V
  • BRUTAL IF TRUE!!
« Reply #47 on: March 08, 2022, 10:40:27 AM »

Joe Biden announces BAN on Russian oil to the U.S., but things are about to get A LOT WORSE for you!

youandme

• Getbig V
« Reply #48 on: March 08, 2022, 12:40:02 PM »
It already started…..lol

On Tuesday’s broadcast of MSNBC’s “Andrea Mitchell Reports,” Sen. Elizabeth Warren (D-MA) reacted to President Joe Biden’s ban on U.S. imports of Russian oil and gas by stating that Congress should monitor the profits of oil companies and “profit margins should not go up. That’s just oil companies gouging when they do that. So, we’re going to be on them on this.”

I know a good bit of crude oil traders, they don’t like over $100, starts getting political. I’m sure drilling companies think different but seems to me that the ones that have some of government leases don’t even use them because of all the restrictions.

deadz

• Getbig V
  • Liberals..Dumbest People on the Planet! MAGA
« Reply #49 on: March 08, 2022, 12:53:38 PM »

Good post.
T